X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

Hulk Hogan tried to get into Metallica?

This guy is pretty full of himself. He actually thought he had a chance.......

quote from article:

– Hulk Hogan’s claim that he hoped to pursue a music career as a bassist for legendary band Metallica, which appeared in a Chicago Tribune feature on his new book, has been picked up by some mainstream media.

Hogan noted that when he found out Metallica was looking for a bassist several years ago, he threw his name into the hat but never heard back. He had a similar story about attempting to reach out to the Rolling Stones to offer his four string services, only to get nothing in the way of a response.

“I would have quit wrestling in a heartbeat to be a bass player for Metallica,” says Hogan.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME
  • VanHalener
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Wow, I knew fake wrestling was for idiots but come onnnn!

How freakin' delusional can you get, Hogan?

LMAO Dumbass!
    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

That Would Be So funny To See Him Up On Stage.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• lesfunk
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Who says steroids make your balls shrink? They apparently made his grow .
        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You know, I could almost see him in Metallica, maybe slamming Lar$ into his bass drum as an encore.

But the Stones? No fucking way in Hell would Keith put up with that shit.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
            Veteran
            • Jun 2005

Here is another story about it:

Former wrestling star Hulk Hogan says he could have easily left the ring to join Metallica as a bass player.

Hogan, 56, (real name Terry Bollea) played bass guitar in high school and was almost on the verge of giving up fighting at the height of success if Metallica had answered his calls.

"When Metallica was looking for a bass player, I called and never heard a word back from them. I would have quit wrestling in a heartbeat to be a bass player for Metallica," Contactmusic quoted him as telling the Chicago Tribune.

Of course, he tried elsewhere too.

He said: "I was in England presenting an award with Jerry Hall, Mick Jagger's ex, and she told me The Stones were looking for a bass player. I sent her a ton of merchandise that she asked for and said, 'Tell Mick I'm a great bass player.' I never heard a word back."
            RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
            LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Hey, maybe he can play...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If he can play bass, why didn't he play on his daughter's awful record?
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

I'd pay to see Metallica performing with the Hulkster.

Hey, if you pay to see a train wreck, make sure it's a good one.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Hulk Hogan should go on Dancing with the Stars.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

He had a better moustache than Hetfield could ever dream of, Brother.
                      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Oct 2004

I would love to see this.

Anyhoo...I think the article might be making his rock star dreams out to be more than they are...how many people wouldn't quit their day job to be in one of their favourite/ one of the world's biggest bands? He probably said it in a more off-hand way and some clever journalist fuckhead turned it into more than it was...a la every journalist fuckhead in the world.
                        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

But think about it.

Getting Hogan in your band would be like getting Michael Jackson or Mike Tyson to play the bass.

Your band would turn into a circus where you were a sideman and your whole career would be a footnote up to the point that they joined and left.

No wonder he got no reply.
                          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                            But think about it.

Getting Hogan in your band would be like getting Michael Jackson or Mike Tyson to play the bass.

Your band would turn into a circus where you were a sideman and your whole career would be a footnote up to the point that they joined and left.

No wonder he got no reply.
                            Well, the Hulkster didn't join Metallica nor the Rolling Stones, and they turned into a circus where they're the clowns, so...

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Or here's a thought:

I didn't really happen, or was just done for this very reason

I know it's crazy to imagine, but after Hogan pilfered himself and his family in that poor excuse for a show, he may have needed something to gain the mainstream media's attention...

I mean...since he's gone the 'I wanna fuck my daughter' direction in the past.
                              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...