X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

Mick Jones on working with Van Hagar on 5150

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8OVYTUO_Ljw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8OVYTUO_Ljw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

Doomed from the start.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

what is doomed, this thread?
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

A little more from Mick here. Funny how his story is a bit different now then it was back then.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LXJ1RhxAmM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LXJ1RhxAmM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Grace Slick's daughter. I remember Grace saying she was a horrible mom but wanted to kick China's ass because she had some great jobs (MTV VJ, Actress on Home Improvement) and complained about having to do them. Grace said kids would love to have those jobs and her daughter took it all for granted and complained about having to memorize lines. Mom cut the money off, the both got sober and both seem to be doing well now.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• dazzlindino
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2009

typical radio bs...the djs ask questions that are 2 min long then let the guest answer for about 12 seconds, then the djs interupt and cut back back in with their "humor".
            We may not have givin a rats a** for what Mick had to say...but we never heard it either.....
            I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Grace Slick's daughter. I remember Grace saying she was a horrible mom but wanted to kick China's ass because she had some great jobs (MTV VJ, Actress on Home Improvement) and complained about having to do them. Grace said kids would love to have those jobs and her daughter took it all for granted and complained about having to memorize lines. Mom cut the money off, the both got sober and both seem to be doing well now.
              China was a cute piece of ass, no doubt.

5150 had such a bad sound. Even song quality to one side, the production sounded like shit.

Those fucking awful Simmons electronic drums and that awful guitar sound. THAT was probably a bigger shock than the poppiness of some of the material and the lead vocal change, is just how bad it sounded. Especially after the rich tone of the first 4 CVH albums (Diver Down and 1984 weren't QUITE as rich, tone-wise, but miles above 5150).
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• UK ROCKER
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

I always loved that story about Eddie trying to mix the live album like Andy Johns but failing and then ending up crying while Al consoled him in the studio. I bet Al could tell some fucking stories

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by twonabomber
                  what is doomed, this thread?
                  I don't care about the thread, I just thought anyone who hadn't heard how dysfunctional the brothers had made VH firsthand from someone besides Dave, might want to listen.

Since Mick helped to produce the first VH without Dave project, I consider him to be sort of a neutral source of inside information on just how extremely assholish Ed can be.

I think it's funny fistfights would break out after the father visited....and with all the Sammy love they were showing in the press, they couldn't honestly get along with ANYONE. They fought like every brother unit in Rock n Roll. Maybe even more...Throwing hands..

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

5150 is not the worst album in the world by no means...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2007

Nor is it the best VH album by any means...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

I didn't say it was, but 5150 and 0U812 are not bad...

The others totally suck...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                          China was a cute piece of ass, no doubt.

5150 had such a bad sound. Even song quality to one side, the production sounded like shit.

Those fucking awful Simmons electronic drums and that awful guitar sound. THAT was probably a bigger shock than the poppiness of some of the material and the lead vocal change, is just how bad it sounded. Especially after the rich tone of the first 4 CVH albums (Diver Down and 1984 weren't QUITE as rich, tone-wise, but miles above 5150).
                          My brother knew Craig Chaquico who was the lead guitar player for Jefferson Starship. I got to meet Grace in the mid 80's. She told me she thought our generation was smarter than hers because we were more aware of the dangers of drugs. She said they were just stupid. She was a hoot. A real pistol. Funny as hell. Grace was a hottie in her prime so her daughter had to be; even with the DNA of her goofy dad. LOL!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

All I remember about 5150 is buying the tape and throwing it in the car stereo and hearing,"Hellooooo Baybeeeeeeee!" and then some 6th Grade horny lyrics about banging the waitress. I got ill and my dick shrank like I had jumped into cold water. HORRIBLE!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              I didn't say it was, but 5150 and 0U812 are not bad...

The others totally suck...
                              Musically, some of 5150 was good.

0U812 sucks balls.

Forever.

Comment

Working...