• Show
Clear All
  • UK ROCKER
    Banned
    • Oct 2009

Has Dave lost credibility?

I think it is great that Dave is back with VH etc,

But at what cost?

He has been gagged, This is not the Dave we all know and love FFS!

Do you think that he has lost any credibility by accepting these conditions. Not even a word on his website.

Just wondered what you guys think.
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I think it's all about the money. Ed has gone through a divorce. Dave can't keep a job. Because Dave isn't going around running his mouth shows the Van Halen's control him. When someone isn't themselves after taking a job, it means they are playing politics for a paycheck.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• High Life Man
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

Or maybe they've all grown up and starting acting like adults.

Funny things like that happen when people realize that they have few paydays left.

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I really don't think it's a big deal... VH has never been in touch with the fans - why would anyone think it would change now? When they want us to know something is happening, we'll know...
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

It is what is, but I would like to hear from Dave...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

What the fuck is credibility at this point.

I sat back a couple of years ago and thought about all this shit...Van Halen...Roth...the whole fucking enchilada and thought...

"I can't fucking believe how much time in my life I've wasted fucking thinking about this shit."

No, not listening to the music...but talking about the bullshit.

So when I see Roth and spED back together, it's almost a letdown in any fashion to me. I'm not like the general masses, that need to see Mikey back in the band. I'd like to, but don't need to.

Back to the point...

Anyone that has to work with people in any capacity know that as adults, you tend to back yourself into corners. Everybody has an opinion, and unfortunately, we think our opinions are right. If you have balls, you stand behind your opinions.

Dave did...spED didn't, but had his brother hold his balls for him...and they broke up.

Mikey played the middle man. They hired a new guy and feigned love for years until it imploded.

Through it all, Dave said the band should get back together at some point, while bashing the whole lot of 'em. Ed continued saying fuck off.

He realized the fans wanted Classic VH, so his idiotic notion was to get a voice who would sing the classic songs. He gets a moron.

They backed themselves so far into their corners that Dave was playing small clubs in Corry, PA in front of about 40 people (I was there, it's true), and spED was playing in 20,000 seat arenas with the name VH, with about 6,000 there (I was there to).

Booze and smokes and crazy bitches and women and booze and their corners...

So lose credibility? Fuck no.

It's life. People fuck up.

The people that lose credibility are the fucks that can't figure that out...

Met a politician lately...or folks that follow them? Talk about backing into corners.

Do I want to hear from Dave? Sure. Do I need to? Fuck no. I'm nearly 40. I look forward to hearing from my wife and kids...and listening to some good ole' fashioned rock and roll...

Read my sig...

THAT'S FUCKING CREDIBILITY...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What we have is the classic Van Halen reunion everyone around here wanted with a few problems.

1) Roth isn't allowed to promote the band and do interviews.

2) Eddie Van Halen is about 30% below par. Most of the time his playing is not up to the level that would be expected from one of Roths solo guitarists.

3) We have the kid bass player instead of Mike Antony who isn't as good a bassist and has no stage presence.

4) Van Halen are now using tapes for backing vocals.

5) Roth lost the top end of his vocal range man years ago although to be fair he's working hard to keep his basic vocals at a decent level.

6) There seems to be little chance of a good new album at the moment. Eddie Van Halen hasn't written anything decent in at least 20 years and Roth hasn't in 10.

7) Roth is too old to jump around now. The end game for the the leaps and so on was about 5 years ago.

8) If they do record anything then the production will be poor. Everything post 1984 recorded at the 5150 studio has had a weak production marred by hissy hi-hats I suspect because of the top end hearing loss of the Van Halen's.

9) Roth's input to any new recording will be at most lyrics and vocal melody unlike back in the day when by all accounts he was able to suggest changes to the music. That dynamic has changed which means we could well get Van Hagar music but with Roth singing.

10) Eddie could fall off the wagon at any time if he hasn't already.

11) Live show ticket prices are insanely high.

Apart from that everything is just fucking great...

No other band is like this at all. If you go to see other bands then if noone has died then they basically still bring the goods apart from the vocalist losing a bit of range/power like Rush, Priest, Def Leppard or whatever.

With Van Halen the vocalist losing a bit is the absolute least of their worries...

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

No need to repeat the facts that preceed this post...

But to me, Dave has regained a shitload more cred
                now than when he was sacked from a low rating
                morning Radio show....

He is at least, back in the game again.
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• UK ROCKER
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Panamark

morning Radio show....

I agree i'm pleased he is back in the game as well.

Thanks for the insight guy's

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

9) Roth's input to any new recording will be at most lyrics and vocal melody unlike back in the day when by all accounts he was able to suggest changes to the music. That dynamic has changed which means we could well get Van Hagar music but with Roth singing.
                    You mean "I'll Wait"??

Nooooo....not again!!!
                    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Panamark

morning Radio show....

Yes, and the packed houses of the last tour added to that cred, IMO.
                      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by UK ROCKER
                        I think it is great that Dave is back with VH etc,

But at what cost?

He has been gagged, This is not the Dave we all know and love FFS!
                        I still do not believe that Dave has been "gagged". I think he has learned not to say anything that might come back to bite him in the ass. So, he chooses to say nothing.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                          You mean "I'll Wait"??

Nooooo....not again!!!
                          I was thinking more Me Wise Magic and CGTSNM which were decent but musically more Van Hagar than Van Halen.

Eddie complained that Roth rejected a lot of his stuff before they got to those two, I guess Gary Cherone got the rejects instead...

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

I think the album should be almost completed by now.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Some fucking great posts here !!!
                              For my 2 penneth or 1 penneth with the credit crunch.
                              Dave got back a lot of credibility on this tour ,proved he still had it in him if nothing else .
                              And as for the silence , so fuck , what would it prove if he mouthed off . nothing we dont realy know or could guess at . He has every thing to gain if he just sits tight and see how this pans out . I dont think he will be sitting at home next to the phone crying on a evh call, he probably just got on with his life.
                              I think He showed in the last tour what a great showman he was ,and no it wasnt 1979 but he gave it a shot !
                              Last edited by vandeleur; 11-16-2009, 01:31 PM. Reason: shite spelling !!!!!1
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...