PDA

View Full Version : Right wing hate rhetoric against Obama is getting extremely NUTBALL

FORD
11-18-2009, 12:02 AM
And if I see anybody with a "Psalm 109:8" t-shirt or bumper sticker, I'll kick their fucking teeth in... :wow2:

div>Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

jhale667
11-18-2009, 12:45 AM
That is just fucking disturbing. And completely fucking lame on the part of the Rethuglicans...:mad:

GAR
11-18-2009, 12:54 AM
She looks like a boy.

FROD watches ugly little boy anchorwomen bitch at him thru the screen.. what a dolt for abuse!

Fuck that channel!

hambon4lif
11-18-2009, 01:23 AM
div>Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the EconomyShe lost me. I understood what she was talking about with Psalm 109.8 because I'm starting to see that everywhere I look, but @ 3:48, Psalm 109.9 is brought up. It is the next verse, but there is a huge difference between 'we want him out of office' and 'we want him dead'.

I'm not taking a side because I find all of it completely asinine, but was Psalm 109.9 thrown in for the spin?

Hardrock69
11-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Here is the funny part.

By continually acting like the idiots they are, they are slowly pulling back the curtain so the American People can see with their own eyes what the Republican Conservative Agenda truly is:

A Nation run BY and FOR WHITE CHRISTIAN CITIZENS, with Christianity as the State Religion.

Dancing, Drinking, Smoking, Fornication are against the law.

Believing That Lutherans Are Soulless Demons is the norm.

Where Jews, Blacks, Mexicans, Old People, Mentally and Physically challenged individuals are all sent to the fucking kamp, and hey, who the fuck cares if they ever get out?

Where anyone who does not earn at least $30,000 per year will be shot.

Where anyone who cannot prove their Aryan Ancestry is pure back to 5 generations will be made to dig their own grave, then will have to be forced to listen to polka music while watching old Hitler speeches while tripping on an LSD IV drip until they become a mindless babbling idiot like Chimpy.

Where men may marry girls older than 10 years old.

Where women are treated as cattle at worst, and like domestic love slaves at best.

Hey, we all know how the Retardlicans love a FASCIST STATE! :lol:

FORD
11-18-2009, 01:34 AM
She lost me. I understood what she was talking about with Psalm 109.8 because I'm starting to see that everywhere I look, but @ 3:48, Psalm 109.9 is brought up. It is the next verse, but there is a huge difference between 'we want him out of office' and 'we want him dead'.

I'm not taking a side because I find all of it completely asinine, but was Psalm 109.9 thrown in for the spin?

It adds context to the preceding verse. They aren't just praying for Obama to be out of office, they are praying for his DEATH.

Not many other ways to interpret these words....

Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

sadaist
11-18-2009, 02:55 AM
It's all very strange. The Republicans are slamming Obama, and the Democrats are slamming the slammers. Normally they would be propping up their guy. One side against, one side for. Funny how instead of a 10 minute segment of how terrific Obama has been & is for the country, all they can muster up is even more hate against the haters.

FORD
11-18-2009, 02:59 AM
It's all very strange. The Republicans are slamming Obama, and the Democrats are slamming the slammers. Normally they would be propping up their guy. One side against, one side for. Funny how instead of a 10 minute segment of how terrific Obama has been & is for the country, all they can muster up is even more hate against the haters.

I'm not crazy about Obama's policies, or some of the pieces of shit he's got working for him, but that's no excuse to pray for the man to fucking DIE, for Christ's sake.

Surely you see the difference?

sadaist
11-18-2009, 06:14 AM
I'm not crazy about Obama's policies, or some of the pieces of shit he's got working for him, but that's no excuse to pray for the man to fucking DIE, for Christ's sake.

Totally. But I think a lot of people that might get these stickers or whatever will only know of the first part of the Psalm.

I'm just saying that since he was elected, it isn't one side attacking him while one side supports him. It's one side attacking him, while the other side attacks the attackers. Out of all this, no one is standing up and saying all the great things he has done or will do.

Nickdfresh
11-18-2009, 07:38 AM
She looks like a boy.

So in other words, you think she's hot?

bueno bob
11-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Totally. But I think a lot of people that might get these stickers or whatever will only know of the first part of the Psalm.

And RIGHT THERE lie the REAL dangers of the "Praise God and pass the ammunition!" rhetoric that the Republican party embraces.

You know how casually 109.8 slides into 109.9, ESPECIALLY when you've got a fired up lunatic fringe that thinks they're on some kind of holy fucking mission to protect some abject "God Bless America and Fuck the Democrats Up Their Asses!" idealism that Fox News continually force feeds them day after day after day?

What happens when just ONE trigger happy mother fucker gets a good head of steam about him and gets lucky?

This is bullshit and its treasonous as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just saying that since he was elected, it isn't one side attacking him while one side supports him. It's one side attacking him, while the other side attacks the attackers. Out of all this, no one is standing up and saying all the great things he has done or will do.

The real problem, as I see it, is that the far right is so engorged by hatred and anger that John McChrist and the Virgin Sarah lost the election (still!) that they REFUSE to acknowledge anything positive that Obama's done in his first year (and there's been a good amount).

The mirror image is that many of Obama's supporters are so infuriated that that scenario isn't happening that they're not taking the time to actually acknowledge that Obama has taken some stances that aren't cool and put some bad people into positions they shouldn't be in.

Neither side will recognize the actual points of the other side (at least when they can be based on real life demonstration) and it's fucking polarizing this country.

Dr. Love
11-18-2009, 10:34 AM
I watched a little bit of that show last night... best part was when she put on O'Reilly's audio about Polanski. Wish I could remember the exact quote. The look on her face afterward was hilarious.

jhale667
11-18-2009, 10:39 AM
This is bullshit and its treasonous as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. :mad:

First person I see sporting one of those T-shirts or stickers gets free dental work. :wow2:

Big Train
11-18-2009, 10:47 AM
The thing I keep hearing here is the "Republicans", when it is clearly a fringe element. To play fair, it would seem I would have to equate the Animal Liberation Front and Code Pink to the DNC.

So if your:

Republican-Hate filled Christian Conservative
Democrat-Looney, violent, childish animal lover
Independent-Looney, spaceshot, illlogical atheists

Clint Eastwood is right, as he said to GQ last month:

" It's just...everybody's so screwed up. It seems like our country's in a kind of morbid mood, because of the recession or whatever. We're becoming juvenile as a nation. The guys who won World War II and that whole generation have disappeared, and now we have a bunch of teenage twits.

FORD
11-18-2009, 10:56 AM
The thing I keep hearing here is the "Republicans", when it is clearly a fringe element. To play fair, it would seem I would have to equate the Animal Liberation Front and Code Pink to the DNC.

So if your:

Republican-Hate filled Christian Conservative
Democrat-Looney, violent, childish animal lover
Independent-Looney, spaceshot, illlogical atheists

Clint Eastwood is right, as he said to GQ last month:

" It's just...everybody's so screwed up. It seems like our country's in a kind of morbid mood, because of the recession or whatever. We're becoming juvenile as a nation. The guys who won World War II and that whole generation have disappeared, and now we have a bunch of teenage twits.

The unfortunate fact is that this "fringe element" is controlling the Republican party right now. Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Glenn BecKKK, Mush Limpdick, Virginia Foxx. Republican elected officials are attending the teabagger rallies where this type of hateful shit is openly practiced, and not a single one of them is speaking a word against it. Eric Cantor (who is Jewish) spoke at that teabagger rally with the sickening Holocaust poster and said NOTHING. The Democratic Party never sent any congressmen out to a Code Pink rally, so you can't even make that comparison.

Hardrock69
11-18-2009, 11:41 AM
And, as I mentioned above, the "fringe element" is going to drag the Republican party down.

FORD
11-18-2009, 11:51 AM
And, as I mentioned above, the "fringe element" is going to drag the Republican party down.

And I'm totally fine with that, in and of itself. But openly advocating Presidential assassination is where you gotta draw a fucking line.

ELVIS
11-18-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't support this kind of bullcrap, and I also don't appreciate using Bible verses out of context...

I pray that this sort of thing doesn't inspire some whackjob to attempt to harm the President...

Psalm 109

1 O God, whom I praise,
do not remain silent,

2 for wicked and deceitful men
have opened their mouths against me;
they have spoken against me with lying tongues.

3 With words of hatred they surround me;
they attack me without cause.

4 In return for my friendship they accuse me,
but I am a man of prayer.

5 They repay me evil for good,
and hatred for my friendship.

6 Appoint an evil man to oppose him;
let an accuser stand at his right hand.

7 When he is tried, let him be found guilty,
and may his prayers condemn him.

8 May his days be few;
may another take his place of leadership.

9 May his children be fatherless
and his wife a widow.

10 May his children be wandering beggars;
may they be driven from their ruined homes.

11 May a creditor seize all he has;
may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor.

12 May no one extend kindness to him
or take pity on his fatherless children.

13 May his descendants be cut off,
their names blotted out from the next generation.

14 May the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the LORD;
may the sin of his mother never be blotted out.

15 May their sins always remain before the LORD,
that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

16 For he never thought of doing a kindness,
but hounded to death the poor
and the needy and the brokenhearted.

17 He loved to pronounce a curse—
may it come on him;
he found no pleasure in blessing—
may it be far from him.

18 He wore cursing as his garment;
it entered into his body like water,
into his bones like oil.

19 May it be like a cloak wrapped about him,
like a belt tied forever around him.

20 May this be the LORD's payment to my accusers,
to those who speak evil of me.

21 But you, O Sovereign LORD,
deal well with me for your name's sake;
out of the goodness of your love, deliver me.

22 For I am poor and needy,
and my heart is wounded within me.

23 I fade away like an evening shadow;
I am shaken off like a locust.

24 My knees give way from fasting;
my body is thin and gaunt.

25 I am an object of scorn to my accusers;
when they see me, they shake their heads.

26 Help me, O LORD my God;
save me in accordance with your love.

27 Let them know that it is your hand,
that you, O LORD, have done it.

28 They may curse, but you will bless;
when they attack they will be put to shame,
but your servant will rejoice.

29 My accusers will be clothed with disgrace
and wrapped in shame as in a cloak.

30 With my mouth I will greatly extol the LORD;
in the great throng I will praise him.

31 For he stands at the right hand of the needy one,
to save his life from those who condemn him.

:elvis:

kwame k
11-18-2009, 12:33 PM
When the "Super Star" of your party is Sarah Palin.......what do you expect?
I'm in agreement with you guys, first 109:8 thing I see......"you better be wearing a cup".

sadaist
11-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Psalm 109

8 May his days be few;
may another take his place of leadership.

9 May his children be fatherless
and his wife a widow.

In all honesty, I agree with Psalm 109.8. I'm not a fan of Obama, and thus far I would not like him to win a second term. That said, I do not agree with applying Psalm 109.9. That is just sickening. I'm sure the people who back the merchandise & slogan will say "we are only advocating 109.8...it doesn't say 109.8-109.9". But it is a bit close for my comfort. The bible has so many quotes that are similar, I'm sure they could have found essentially the same saying without the horrible follow up.

ELVIS
11-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Like I was saying...

Taking the Bible out of context is always bad. Using it to condemn is terrible...

:elvis:

FORD
11-18-2009, 01:11 PM
In all honesty, I agree with Psalm 109.8. I'm not a fan of Obama, and thus far I would not like him to win a second term. That said, I do not agree with applying Psalm 109.9. That is just sickening. I'm sure the people who back the merchandise & slogan will say "we are only advocating 109.8...it doesn't say 109.8-109.9". But it is a bit close for my comfort. The bible has so many quotes that are similar, I'm sure they could have found essentially the same saying without the horrible follow up.

This Psalm is one continuous prayer. You can't pray the 8th verse without the 9th verse. It's not like Proverbs where many of the verses are self-contained. The people using this as a slogan know exactly what they're saying....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gcA0ZuKGkI8/So162KSVKsI/AAAAAAAADQw/3fNkRiCpFHI/s400/black+protester+with+gun.jpg

ELVIS
11-18-2009, 01:17 PM
They may know what they're saying, but they don't know the Bible at all...

lesfunk
11-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Wishing a President dead is really not acceptable. This Obama guy is turning out to be the most devisve US President ever.

Seshmeister
11-18-2009, 01:29 PM
What is the context where that isn't a hateful verse from a hateful book?

What is the moral context for punishing the children of someone you don't like?

This is the big objection to this stupid superstition. Apart from the fact it's all bullshit a lot of it has no moral context.

It's ludicrous when Christians complain about the hateful passages in the Koran

Big Train
11-18-2009, 01:31 PM
The unfortunate fact is that this "fringe element" is controlling the Republican party right now. Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Glenn BecKKK, Mush Limpdick, Virginia Foxx. Republican elected officials are attending the teabagger rallies where this type of hateful shit is openly practiced, and not a single one of them is speaking a word against it. Eric Cantor (who is Jewish) spoke at that teabagger rally with the sickening Holocaust poster and said NOTHING. The Democratic Party never sent any congressmen out to a Code Pink rally, so you can't even make that comparison.

You could make the very same argument against the DNC and replace the names with Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews, The Daily KOS, Michael Moore, Acorn, AIPAC.

They aren't standing in the streets much nowadays, but they are using all sorts of media to make roughly the same fringe agenda.

Big Train
11-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Wishing death on a president is never acceptable. I wasn't acceptable for any of the previous presidents either. People got very out of hand with Bush Jr. as well, if memory serves.

lesfunk
11-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Wishing a President dead is really not acceptable.

I take that back. Wishing and even Praying for a Presidents demise is perfectly acceptable (since it's meaningless). Assassinating a President is what's unacceptable.

A T shirt with some stupid Bible quote on it sounds like Free Speech to me. The only one it hurts is the one wearing it.

jhale667
11-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Wishing death on a president is never acceptable. I wasn't acceptable for any of the previous presidents either. People got very out of hand with Bush Jr. as well, if memory serves.

Maybe, but I don't recall religious groups advocating praying for his death...and further don't recall dems standing up to denounce it...

ELVIS
11-18-2009, 01:41 PM
It's ludicrous when Christians complain about the hateful passages in the Koran

I've never experienced that...

lesfunk
11-18-2009, 01:44 PM
If Somebody can prove that PRAYING for someone to die WORKS I'll denounce it.
after I try it first....

Big Train
11-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Maybe, but I don't recall religious groups advocating praying for his death...and further don't recall dems standing up to denounce it...

Most of those anti-bush types were also "former catholics" so it wasn't like there was really a group of like minded people to join. I don't think the group thing makes it any better or worse.

Thinking it, at the individual level, is the real concern.

jhale667
11-18-2009, 02:08 PM
after I try it first....

You wouldn't agree starting a campaign to pray for a President's death is at the very least despicable and in extremely poor taste?

Pretty worthy of denunciation already.

FORD
11-18-2009, 02:28 PM
after I try it first....

Merely praying isn't the proper context here though. As Frank Schaefer pointed out in the video above, a lot of these Old Testament types thought that a "righteous" man had permission from God to kill someone they considered "evil".

That is exactly the rationalization that the murderer Scott Roeder used when he shot Dr. Tiller point blank in the man's own fucking church, surrounded by witnesses. It's the rationalization used by ordained minister Paul Hill when he shot up a clinic in Florida and didn't really give a shit who he killed in the process.

It's no different than terrorism committed in the name of Allah.

FORD
11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
You could make the very same argument against the DNC and replace the names with Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews, The Daily KOS, Michael Moore, Acorn, AIPAC.

They aren't standing in the streets much nowadays, but they are using all sorts of media to make roughly the same fringe agenda.

That's a fucking crock. None of the above have ever called for the death of ANYBODY, with the exception of AIPAC, and I don't know how they fit in this list, since they are neither Liberal nor Democratic, but are a lobby for the Israeli right wing.

ELVIS
11-18-2009, 02:35 PM
What about Acorn ??

last I checked, they were pretty corrupt...

FORD
11-18-2009, 02:37 PM
What about Acorn ??

last I checked, they were pretty corrupt...

Actually, they're not. But what the fuck does that have to do with praying for a Presidential assassination?

Big Train
11-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Well, one COULD make the argument that pro-abortion types in the DNC have called for the murder of numerous babies...just saying, it's as out there as saying Republicans are CALLING for murder here.

AIPAC has some of the BIGGEST donors to the democractic party (i.e. Saban for example. He owns the Clintons). Look it up.

I'm not defending them advocating death in the least, I'm just saying these fringe elements run the Dem party in equal measure as the accusations you throw at Republicans being run by Christian Conservatives.

ELVIS
11-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Yep...

WACF
11-18-2009, 02:50 PM
No doubt there are wack jobs on either side of the political spectrum...

jhale667
11-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Well, one COULD make the argument that pro-abortion types in the DNC have called for the murder of numerous babies...just saying

No, you COULDN'T. :rolleyes: They haven't called for anyone to go into a maternity ward and shoot up actual BABIES. Way to reach.

And if they did, people would denounce it.

Big Train
11-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Way to reach yourself. Who in the Republican party, member or leader, is ENDORSING this shirt or death of the president ? Do tell..

Some people believe abortion clinics are killing ACTUAL BABIES..

lesfunk
11-18-2009, 02:58 PM
You wouldn't agree starting a campaign to pray for a President's death is at the very least despicable and in extremely poor taste?

Pretty worthy of denunciation already.

To be honest, yes it's is in poor taste, but like I said before, It only hurts the "Campaigners" by showing what idiots they are.

lesfunk
11-18-2009, 03:02 PM

You mean they're not? What are they killing? Imaginary Babies?

jhale667
11-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Way to reach yourself. Who in the Republican party, member or leader, is ENDORSING this shirt or death of the president ? Do tell..

They are complicit in their silence. These factions are claiming to be aligned with the Rethuglicans, where's their outrage in being lumped with these psychos? WHY wouldn't they immediately attempt to distance themselves? Probably the same place their logic was when those assembled didn't denounce the Nazi "Pile of bodies" poster two feet away from them at batshit Michelle Bachman's rally...:mad:

Some people think they can make policy to force their opinions on the rest of us...
I don't, sorry. When a fetus leaves the womb and can breath on its own, then I'm totally with ya. And I've already stated I'm against late-term abortions except in the case of saving the life of the mother, so don't go there...

Big Train
11-18-2009, 03:22 PM
They are complicit in their silence. These factions are claiming to be aligned with the Rethuglicans, where's their outrage in being lumped with these psychos? WHY wouldn't they immediately attempt to distance themselves? Probably the same place their logic was when those assembled didn't denounce the Nazi "Pile of bodies" poster two feet away from them at batshit Michelle Bachman's rally...:mad:

Then again, as in my previous example, where is the Dem rage at being lumped in with all the nuts on their side? I don't see the Blue Dogs running around to distance themselves. Are they equally as guilty?

Some people think they can make policy to force their opinions on the rest of us...
I don't, sorry. When a fetus leaves the womb and can breath on its own, then I'm totally with ya. And I've already stated I'm against late-term abortions except in the case of saving the life of the mother, so don't go there...

I don't care, since I don't really have an opinion on this one way or another. I've never been the carrier of a baby, so I don't think I'm qualified to comment...

jhale667
11-18-2009, 03:29 PM
I don't care, since I don't really have an opinion on this one way or another. I've never been the carrier of a baby, so I don't think I'm qualified to comment...

I'd actually agree with you there...I've stated many times if the vote for or against the right to abortion was left up to women only - as it pretty much should be - it would/will NEVER be taken away...

The only time I would want a woman to consider my opinion on whether or not she should carry an unwanted child to term is if it's MY kid she's discovered she's accidentally preggers with, and I've volunteered to raise it solo without her...

But that's another thread entirely...

sadaist
11-18-2009, 05:31 PM
This Psalm is one continuous prayer. You can't pray the 8th verse without the 9th verse.

I didn't realize that. Nice job Ford. I try to learn something new every day...and there it is. :)

ELVIS
11-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Actually, it's a song...

FORD
11-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Actually, it's a song...

Song/poem/prayer.... it's actually all three.

Hardrock69
11-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Has anyone turned the idiot who produced that video in to the Secret Service?

I would think they may be interested in knowing about such crap.

FORD
11-19-2009, 02:50 PM
**UPDATE** - Zazzle.com has pulled all "Psalm 109" hate merchandise from their website.

Statement on Psalm 109 Products
By zazzlemike

Dear Zazzle Member or Concerned Citizen—

Today, there has surfaced a great deal of discussion and debate over certain products in the Zazzle Marketplace which reference text from Psalm 109 in combination with reference to President Barack Obama. We at Zazzle are aware of the issue, and would like to take this opportunity to respond in a unified and public fashion to all parties and viewpoints.

Zazzle puts great value on its Marketplace as a forum for discussion and debate of the issues of our day. We are proud of the fact that no matter how arcane or apparently esoteric a subject may be, there can often be found Zazzle products pertaining to it. We are particularly sensitive to Zazzle as an open forum for the expression and debate of political viewpoints. The rigorous debate and discussion of political issues, including candidates for political office, our elected leaders, and pending and actual legislation, is something that drives the very democracy that in turn allows for our freedom as citizens to make these expressions in the first place.

With that in mind, it is only after great thought that we have determined that these products, in the context of the full text of Psalm 109, may be interpreted in such a way as to suggest physical harm to the President of the United States. In deference to the Office of the President of the United States, and in accordance with federal law prohibiting the making of threats against the physical well being of the President of the United States, Zazzle has therefore determined that these products are in violation of the Zazzle User Agreement and not appropriate for inclusion in the Zazzle Marketplace. We have begun efforts to remove them from our website, and we will be vigilant to the publication of similar products moving forward.

Zazzle will continue to allow and encourage the submission of products that express disapproval or approval of the President’s policies and actions, but Zazzle will not permit products that may be interpreted to suggest violence toward the President.

Sincerely,
The Zazzle Team

Statement on Psalm 109 Products « Zazzle Blog (http://blog.zazzle.com/2009/11/18/statement-on-psalm-109-products/)

lesfunk
11-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Probably a good decision :)

Big Train
11-19-2009, 04:30 PM
I hope they come to their senses to about the "Zazzle" moniker..

jhale667
11-19-2009, 05:18 PM
**UPDATE** - Zazzle.com has pulled all "Psalm 109" hate merchandise from their website.

Score one for decency...

FORD
11-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I hope they come to their senses to about the "Zazzle" moniker..

Yeah, you gotta wonder what they were smoking when they came up with that one. :biggrin:

Kristy
11-19-2009, 08:17 PM
I often wonder if the knuckleheads at Fox feel if they have no bearing to and legal or moral responsibility if someone actually carries out an assassination attempt on Obama (or anyone in his Administration for that matter) by taking their anti-rhetoric on him too seriously. Without getting into the mentality (or lack thereof) of Glenn Beck or the repetitive idiocy of O'Shithead there seems to be to me at least a direct correlation between their inept and highly unfounded and/or researched views of Fox that lead to such disturbing news such as this.

Since Fox claims to have a "expert" in every field of, well, every field why do they tend to overlook the circumstance they could be held liable if such an incident were to happen? What gets me is that O'Shithead and Co., seems to revel in the 1st Amendment as long as no hash criticism is ever aimed at them and when it is, they conveniently write it off as liberal hate - as if liberals are the majority when it comes to such behavior? Fox has gone from a rating ploy to self-pimping to sell a book or two to downright frightening.

Big Train
11-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Because why would they? A nut could find Beck, Hannity, Olbermann and Maddow all equally as compelling to commit a crime. That's what MAKES them a nut.

How would any news network ever be held liable for something like that without expressly stating, "someone please kill this person"?

Olby's "Worst Person in the World" comes closer to nut action items to me. It's naming a single human being as the worst in the world. Elimination of that person might be tempting to a nut.

I would never hold him to that standard though.

Kristy
11-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Because why would they? A nut could find Beck, Hannity, Olbermann and Maddow all equally as compelling to commit a crime. That's what MAKES them a nut.

No, you moron. What makes them a "nut" is their repetitive and misinformed rhetoric of shouting "fire" in a crowded theater every night. And it people like you who are the first to look for the exit signs too stupid and too ignorant to notice the god damn difference.

How would any news network ever be held liable for something like that without expressly stating, "someone please kill this person"?

That's just it - you don't to "expressively state" the overt death of a political leader for it to happen.

Olby's "Worst Person in the World" comes closer to nut action items to me. It's naming a single human being as the worst in the world. Elimination of that person might be tempting to a nut. I would never hold him to that standard though.

Then why state it? You live to contradict yourself? Hey, I'm not big on Sloberman either but I will give him credit when due in that he does tend to check he facts before speaking them and while much of what he purports is spoken in anger I have yet to see the dude ask his audience to feel the same.

Big Train
11-19-2009, 09:30 PM
So this is a nature vs. nuture question now? Not a question of personal responsibility? Yea, I'm a moron, ok..

Regarding Olby, I'm not contradicting myself. I'm saying to prove YOUR point, why not look there first, since it is the more overt example of what you are saying?

Kristy
11-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Nature vs nurture...what? How in the hell did you deduct that?

jhale667
11-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Regarding Olby, I'm not contradicting myself. I'm saying to prove YOUR point, why not look there first, since it is the more overt example of what you are saying?

How do you figure that, since "Olby" isn't also simultaneously ranting about the "Tree of Liberty" needing to be watered, or giving credence to the redneck retards like that batshit woman screaming "I want my country back!"

Yea, I'm a moron, ok..

Admitting you have a problem is the first step...:lmao:

Big Train
11-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Nature vs nurture...what? How in the hell did you deduct that?

I'm not a bank, I didn't deduct anything from you. I'm just asking...if a nut has Fox or MSNBC as part of their day and they go out and commit a crime, how could those news orgs possibly have any liability in that crime? Do porn producers have liability in regards to rape?

To me, it's personal responsibility. If a person is unbalanced, anything could set them off to commit a crime. Because Beck doesn't like someone and a nut hurts them, you can't blame Beck. The same way on the other side of the aisle, you can't blame Olbermann for his over the top "Worst Person in the World" segment.

Big Train
11-20-2009, 01:27 AM
How do you figure that, since "Olby" isn't also simultaneously ranting about the "Tree of Liberty" needing to be watered, or giving credence to the redneck retards like that batshit woman screaming "I want my country back!"

"Worst Person in the world" could be construed as a hit list to an extremist. I'm not defending any of them, right or left, just saying putting liability on the for the crimes of others makes no sense. Would think you guys would be happy, I'm taking the ACLU position here.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step...:lmao:

What step are you on?

GAR
11-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Nobody's shot Obama yet! THAT is a miracle..

GAR
11-20-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm not a bank, I didn't deduct anything from you.

She means "deduce" but couldn't spell it because she was one of *those kids* in class during vocabulary study time.

Nickdfresh
11-20-2009, 03:14 PM
She means "deduce" but couldn't spell it because she was one of *those kids* in class during vocabulary study time.

You're the last one that should be giving grammar lessons, fuckstump.

You can go back to your angry, homoerotic Cable Guy-like fixation on FORD now...

Seshmeister
11-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Well, one COULD make the argument that pro-abortion types in the DNC have called for the murder of numerous babies...just saying, it's as out there as saying Republicans are CALLING for murder here.

I think you are making the common American mistake of confusing a fetus with a baby.

Kristy
11-20-2009, 05:27 PM

No, you idiot, I meant deduct as a transitive verb as where did Big Train pull that "nature vs. nurture" statement out from his ass.

bueno bob
11-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Wishing a President dead is really not acceptable. This Obama guy is turning out to be the most devisve US President ever.

I'd blame that on Fox, personally.

GAR
11-21-2009, 01:42 AM
No, you idiot, I meant deduct as a transitive verb as where did Big Train pull that "nature vs. nurture" statement out from his ass.

Wrong again! "Intransitive verbs" do not have objects.

Transitives require both a subject and one or more objects to define it Brainiac: you go "how do you (subject) deduct from that (demostrative pronoun)..

Don't go on that show "Are You Smarter" than a fifth grader.

GAR
11-21-2009, 01:43 AM
You're the last one that should be giving grammar lessons, fuckstump.

Sorry. Had to, stublump.

Kristy
11-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Wrong again! "Intransitive verbs" do not have objects.

Transitives require both a subject and one or more objects to define it Brainiac: you go "how do you (subject) deduct from that (demostrative pronoun)..

Don't go on that show "Are You Smarter" than a fifth grader.

"you" is the subject you tedious fuckwit. The "object" was his "nature nurture" and if you learned how to Google correctly you realize transitive verbs don't always require a demonstrate pronoun.

Nickdfresh
11-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Sorry. Had to, stublump.

"Had to" make yourself look like a complete ass, Google-douche...

Nitro Express
11-21-2009, 10:20 PM

For Obama to win me over he would have to imprison Timothy Gietner for tax evasion, repeal the Patriot Act, arrest George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld for treason against the US Constitution and war crimes, and start bringing the troops home from Iraq.

Nitro Express
11-21-2009, 10:28 PM
If someone shoots Obama there will be riots. Hell, it might even give the government an excuse to clamp down more. Then the vice president becomes president and he maintains the same political agenda. So nothing changes politically but the hornet's nest get's stirred.