X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Adam Lambert goes uber-gay at American Music Awards

OK...so Adam Lambert decided to pull out all of the stops during his debut performance at the AMA's the other night.

It's a mashup of Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" video and "Caligula."

Enjoy the ghey antics of American Idol's flaming runner-up...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tiRObyONObs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tiRObyONObs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Your thoughts and opinions? I'm not a homophobe, nor am I against "artistic freedom."

But simulated oral sex while the kids may be watching?

Really necessary?
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.
  • MERRYKISSMASS2U
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Obviously I don't like this style of music, but I'm not offended by this.

I think people shouldn't be so socially conservative. It looked like a girl he was 'simulating' with anyway
    Last edited by MERRYKISSMASS2U; 11-24-2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I think he's been working with Madonna. That looked like one of her performances.

I've never seen American Idol, so I only know this guy from a handful of clips that turn up on You Tube, but I heard he was supposed to be a ROCK singer, and the way he was screaming certainly implies that possibility. Too bad he's wasting it on bubblegum pop music.

Seriously Adam.... Freddie Mercury.... Rob Halford..... you CAN be gay and still rock, ya know?
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by FORD
        I think he's been working with Madonna. That looked like one of her performances.

I've never seen American Idol, so I only know this guy from a handful of clips that turn up on You Tube, but I heard he was supposed to be a ROCK singer, and the way he was screaming certainly implies that possibility. Too bad he's wasting it on bubblegum pop music.

Seriously Adam.... Freddie Mercury.... Rob Halford..... you CAN be gay and still rock, ya know?
        Madonna was my first thought too.

But not Mercury or Halford.

Right now he's more of a shrieking Boy George...
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

He should have just come out and rocked. He has some great chops and a decent stage presence.

Remember the good old days when stuff like walking people on leashes, tongue wrestling, grinding faces into cocks, and grabbing the bikini area of some chicks panties were only done backstage??

Also, I thought I was watching Americas Funniest Videos when he fell and then rolled across the stage.
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

First I heard of the "guy". I too have never watched Idol and have no plans to start.
            What he did was a calculated move to garner some media attention. Lame song and it felt like that song lasted 10 mins instead of the 4 mins it actual was.
            Everyone who has made it big from that show is just a manufactured Pop Star!

YouTube - John Mellencamp - Pop Singer

Fucking embedding bullshit!
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
              First I heard of the "guy". I too have never watched Idol and have no plans to start.
              What he did was a calculated move to garner some media attention. Lame song and it felt like that song lasted 10 mins instead of the 4 mins it actual was.
              Everyone who has made it big from that show is just a manufactured Pop Star!

YouTube - John Mellencamp - Pop Singer

Fucking embedding bullshit!
              I agree this was an attention whore move. Big mistake for him, IMO, he didnt need it, and it made him look desperate.

I think he deserves a shot at "stardom". He has been in the business for a while and seems to have paid his dues. He has played lots of clubs and bars, etc. in and around LA/Hollywood for years.(unlike some people who have hit it big on that show). He is the real deal as far as talent goes too. BUT, his songs (if this is any indication) need some work, IMO.
              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

At least he seems to be singing live...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  At least he seems to be singing live...
                  I'm not so sure about that. It sounded like he was still singing when he did that drop and roll move, and at least once when he was kissing somebody.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                    I agree this was an attention whore move. Big mistake for him, IMO, he didnt need it, and it made him look desperate.

I think he deserves a shot at "stardom". He has been in the business for a while and seems to have paid his dues. He has played lots of clubs and bars, etc. in and around LA/Hollywood for years.(unlike some people who have hit it big on that show). He is the real deal as far as talent goes too. BUT, his songs (if this is any indication) need some work, IMO.
                    Knowing his back story gives him some credibility but I agree after this performance and the horrible song any credibility he had is gone.
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

Apparantly, he found out right after the AMA show that "AOL Kids" voted him entertainer of the month. LOL. Great timing, huh?

Good Morning America cancelled his appearance which was supposed to be tomorrow morning due to his R rated performance at the AMAs. I guess they fear he is going to start humping Robin Roberts.

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

That maybe a draw back, the Good Morning America appearance, but look at the mileage this Attention Whore is getting out of that one performance.

I'm sure we'll have the "heartfelt" apology soon and of course the exclusive interview!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

It's sad that Lambert thinks he has to go this route to garner attention. Obviously, someone is manipulating his career and rolling the dice on these "shocking" moves to try and up his "it" factor.

He is trying to spark a flame off of the Madonna flint, and it just comes off looking desperate and deliberate.

I give you the album cover, in defense of my "Boy George" comment earlier.....

Lambert has the chops, and he has the stage presence. He was in a production of "Wicked" and has done tons of stage stuff.

He doesn't need this crap to get noticed...he could actually do it on pure talent. But it seems he doesn't want to wait for it, he wants it right away and thinks this is how to do it.

He could have been another "Idol runner-up" success story, a la Clay Aiken.

Of course, at this point, Lambert makes Clay Aiken look like John Rambo..

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

20 years ago, he could have joined Poison and fit right in. He looks as much like a chick on that cover as they did......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Does seem like the guy can sing.

Then again, so can Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion...but they all waste their voices on schlocky pop tunes dealing with "love".

It's like someone having the chess abilities of Bobby Fischer, yet electing to utilize those abilities solely toward playing checkers.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...