X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MUSICMANN
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Dave's voice kicks ass!!

Just picked up my new boss digital recorder, laying down a few new tracks. Being a guitar player and never singing, i wanted to test out the vocal toolbox it comes with, let me tell you, if you just think you can pick up a mic and belt out some killer vocals, it's not that easy. All the people that say Dave can't sing anymore or his voice isn't what it used to be is full of crap. All the people that say his voice is shot, i say put their vocals to the test and see if they can belt out a tune like he can. After destroying the vocals on my tune and then undoing them as fast as i layed them, i think i'll stick to playing guitar!!!
  • cwsmith17
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
    Just picked up my new boss digital recorder, laying down a few new tracks. Being a guitar player and never singing, i wanted to test out the vocal toolbox it comes with, let me tell you, if you just think you can pick up a mic and belt out some killer vocals, it's not that easy. All the people that say Dave can't sing anymore or his voice isn't what it used to be is full of crap. All the people that say his voice is shot, i say put their vocals to the test and see if they can belt out a tune like he can. After destroying the vocals on my tune and then undoing them as fast as i layed them, i think i'll stick to playing guitar!!!
    You're a tool. I am a David Lee Roth diehard........but his voice is shot. He didn't take care of it. His pot smoking sure as hell didn't help. Now he is shit out of luck.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
      Sniper
      • Apr 2004

Hey dude, all i was saying was that it 's not as easy as you think it is. Why don't you get a mic and record your voice and let other people give you their two cents on it. Dave can still sing cause he was born with a natural singing voice SHITBRICK!!

Comment

• kidvegas
        • Apr 2004

First of all Dave couldn't sing 20 years ago in Van Halen........Go watch the US FESTIVAL!!Now it's more of joke then the joke 20 yeARS ago.If you ever thought Dave could sing, man would love to hear the way you play the guitar FAG!!
        KID VEGAS

Comment

• MUSICMANN
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

hEY MAN I GUESS WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A BUNCH OF FUCKING DUDES THAT DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MUSIC. lIKE I TOLD THAT ASS FUCKER BEFORE YOU,LET'S HEAR SOME OF YOUR AMAZING VOCALS SHITBRICK#2

Comment

• kidvegas
            • Apr 2004

I sing better than the roth fag and you play guitar,and I can't sing!!!Go kill yourself listening to Roth's new piece of shit record!!!!!
            KID VEGAS!!!!!

Comment

• MUSICMANN
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

if yiou hate Roth so much why are you here?

Comment

• kidvegas
                • Apr 2004

Because you FAGS are always hating on my band............and don't know what you are talking about!!!Roth quit in 85 remember!!Nice career move.........
                Kid Vegas........

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                  Sniper
                  • Apr 2004

Dude i didn't know you were in a band. I would and will never hate on someone who plays music. tell me more about your band.

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kidvegas
                    Because you FAGS are always hating on my band.

Kid Vegas........

Jeez, sorry. I'm positive that none of us knew "YOUR" band was still together? Besides, find me ONE post where we rip on the band that you currently reside in and are so proud of? I haven't read ONE word ripping on The Village People!!! Which "fella" are you? The Cowboy or the fireman? :p

Hey tool, I think you are posting on the wrong site cos you seem to have us confused with something else?
                    Last edited by MAX; 05-31-2004, 03:52 AM.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• pete
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kidvegas
                      Because you FAGS are always hating on my band....

hatin' on your band. Hating on.........?

the hip-hop influence on white suburbia hasn't passed you by.

you witless little fucking girl.

Comment

• Romeo Delight81
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Jun 2004

IMHO, I agree that Dave has lost some of his vocal power over the years, so to say that his voice just kicks everyone's ass is little bit of an over statement. His voice is by far, even today, one of the smoothest voices in rock 'n' roll. For those that disagree just look at his last record. Everything is very jazzy with no soaring vocals so to speak.

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jun 2004

Hagar fans are idiots, this proves it

I've long known that yes Dave's voice is not as powerful as it was in 1984, but when I heard VHagar's new track is was clearly OBVIOUS that Hagar also has lost power in his voice. In addition I've seen Dave 3 times in the last 2 years and all 3 times (especially last August) he sounded quite good actually. The criticism of Dave's voice is overwhelmingly from Eddie sheep or Hagar lovers who weren't old enough to see the real VH. There are some musicians who have completely lost their ability (Peter Criss of Kiss comes to mind) but Dave is nowhere near that category. Sure he's older and has lost some of the sonic ability in his voice but this is to be expected, he's nearing 50 dumbasses. I've said it before, Dave played Universal last August and drew about 5,000 (in a 6,200 seat venue) and I heard no complaints as we were walking out after the concert. The place was going apeshit the whole time during the show. . When I saw Kiss a couple of years back I heard people referring to Peter's performance as sub-par after the show. The bottom line is that Dave is not Geoff Tate and never pretended to be, he's a rock n roll frontman/singer, and one of the best ever. I'm a musician and there is no way I'd pay $75 a pop if Dave stood still and vocally hacked his way through a show, but this is simply not the case. All of you detractors should go pop in VHagar, we don't need your BS anyway.
                          DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• smaz
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by cwsmith17
                            You're a tool. I am a David Lee Roth diehard........but his voice is shot. He didn't take care of it. His pot smoking sure as hell didn't help. Now he is shit out of luck.
                            When was the last time you saw Dave then?? I saw him in februaury and his voice was absolutley superb; I couldn't fault it. Sure, he may not be as good as when he was 25, but nobody would be. But its anything but shot. Infact, far from it.

Originally posted by kidvegas First of all Dave couldn't sing 20 years ago in Van Halen........Go watch the US FESTIVAL!!Now it's more of joke then the joke 20 yeARS ago.If you ever thought Dave could sing, man would love to hear the way you play the guitar FAG!!
                            KID VEGAS
                            Dave couldn't sing in Van Halen?? LMAO!!If he couldn't sing, then they wouldn't have sold so many records. And the MTV show, he walked on and the place went nuts. Not for Ed or Al or Mike, DAVE. Get over that, Shitbrick#2!!! Lol good one MUSICMANN!!
                            Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by smaz
                              When was the last time you saw Dave then?? I saw him in februaury and his voice was absolutley superb; I couldn't fault it. Sure, he may not be as good as when he was 25, but nobody would be. But its anything but shot. Infact, far from it.

Dave couldn't sing in Van Halen?? LMAO!!If he couldn't sing, then they wouldn't have sold so many records. And the MTV show, he walked on and the place went nuts. Not for Ed or Al or Mike, DAVE. Get over that, Shitbrick#2!!! Lol good one MUSICMANN!!
                              Please, Van halen ruled MTV in the late 80's early 90's without dave. The mans a jackass and single handly blew the reunion by acting like a complete faggot on stage.

Comment

Working...