PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap ! Did you see this white boy from OZ TKO Round 1 Ray Jones Jnr

Panamark
12-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Danny Green, I watched a few of his fights, he went in big time underdog last night and finished this guy off in 1.40 (or thereabouts)

Watch this space !!!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BfkXMFUuWm8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BfkXMFUuWm8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

jhale667
12-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Actually Binnie had already posted this in the Boxing thread. Seems Roy's lost the ability to take a punch in his later years, while he's still as fast as he ever was. Looks like though he was clearly rocked, he thought he could hold and cover 'til the end of the round and last it out, but the ref stopped it...might've helped to at least attempt to throw a shot or two back.
Seems like the few times he's lost in his career it's been early in the fight(s), 1st or 2nd round...he's either brilliant or outta there quick, seemingly from lucky punches in all cases. This one included. Sorry, Marky. ;)

It reminded me of a comment I heard one of the guys calling his last fight with Jeff Lacy - Jones was just making him look amateurish (though he did catch him a couple of times with seemingly better shots than this guy got in), and the guy says "You see this and wonder how in the heck someone like Antonio Tarver was able to knock this guy out?"

But yeah, probably time for Roy to hang it up...not like with all his accomplishments he has anything left to prove. He'll always be one of the greats.

Too bad though, still think a fight between him and BHOP could be interesting.

GO-SPURS-GO
12-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Never liked Roy! Yes he was a good fighter, (a little overrated if you ask me) but his arrogance/cockiness/personality/fighting of pitbulls/showboating/loudmouth is a MAJOR turn off, for me. Congrats to Danny! :hee:

GO-SPURS-GO
12-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Too bad though, still think a fight between him and BHOP could be interesting.

You think so, J? I think BHOP would destroy him! ;)

Little Texan
12-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Jones should have retired years ago.

Panamark
12-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Apologies to Binnie if this is a dupe...

I cant remember the last title fight where
it was all over so quickly...
I guess I blew my wad without hitting the good old
search bar ....

I can merge if Osama Binnie would prefer....

jhale667
12-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Never liked Roy! Yes he was a good fighter, (a little overrated if you ask me) but his arrogance/cockiness/personality/fighting of pitbulls/showboating/loudmouth is a MAJOR turn off, for me. Congrats to Danny! :hee:

Never heard about him doing any dog-fighting, that's not cool.

But anyone who's (still) fast enough nail Jeff Lacy (or anyone) with 6 rapid-fire unanswered left hooks (in what was an 8 or 9-punch combination) does not an "overrated" fighter make. 52-5, only 2 losses by KO (correct me if I'm wrong...)?

And P-Mark, like I said, pretty sure the only time anyone's gotten him out of there besides the decision to JC (and 2 other decisions, apparently), it was early...the Tarver KO was what, like 10 seconds into the 2nd?

Panamark
12-04-2009, 02:17 AM
Whatever the circumstances (even if this guy is a hack ?? as you are telling me)
Danny Green who is a top bloke, he would have a beer with anyone, is 6 mill richer
today and gets to dictate the next fight. Which I believe will be with Anthony Mundine,
(an Oz Aboriginal who thinks he is a black gangsta) who will have to put on weight
to fight Danny. Last time they met Green had to drop a shitload of weight as
the Mundine camp held the cards... Looking forward to that one, gotta be a 10 mill purse
and will probably be the most watched fight in Oz, many think that Mundine (an
ex rugby player) is a bit of a princesss... Lets see how he takes on the Green machine
at level weight !!!

As for old Roy ?? So somebody took him out in second round, I think green's temple
blow was like 20 seconds in ??? Gotta admit Jones Jnr got majorly owned...

And its good to see a good bloke without asshole attitude deliver...

GO-SPURS-GO
12-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Never heard about him doing any dog-fighting, that's not cool.

But anyone who's (still) fast enough nail Jeff Lacy (or anyone) with 6 rapid-fire unanswered left hooks (in what was an 8 or 9-punch combination) does not an "overrated" fighter make. 52-5, only 2 losses by KO (correct me if I'm wrong...)?

And P-Mark, like I said, pretty sure the only time anyone's gotten him out of there besides the decision to JC (and 2 other decisions, apparently), it was early...the Tarver KO was what, like 10 seconds into the 2nd?

Since I used to breed Pitbulls, and have 2 myself, I know a lot about the breed. I know what to look for when people are fighting them. He was on a episode of "MTV Cribs" and showed off some of his fighting dogs and roosters. The dude had over 50 pitbulls, and they all lived in little 5x3 kennels with HUGE chains around their necks. They had scars around their necks and legs. He even had treadmills and "breaking sticks" lying around his yard. This was waaaay before the Vick stuff, so he really didn't have hide it. Snoop Dog is also involved with pitbull fighting too. Evil bastards!

The reason I say he is a 'little' overrated, is this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Jones,_Jr.
I don't see very many big time fighters on that list.

Glen Johnson knocked him out too. ;)

jhale667
12-04-2009, 02:47 AM
I mentioned Johnson as well, GSG. The cockfight shit isn't cool either, knew about that, but nothing about the dogs, rarely watched "Cribs".

Nah, Marky - not saying he's a hack, dude. ;) I'm sure he's cool, but he did get over-anxious when he "smelled blood" and started holding Roy's head, for which he should have been warned. Not a point subtracted at that point, but warned at least.

Just saying that Roy's been rocked worse and survived it. He got rocked again by Tarver (a dude who knocked him the fuck out) in the 11th of the 3rd fight, but survived and actually WON the 12th round, though he lost the decision.
But in his prime he rarely got hit because no one could find him...:D And he says himself he's not a "brawler"...seemed like this guy was the Aussie Glenn Johnson, so even if he's survived the round, unless he managed to work him like he did Lacy, it was gonna be problematic for him...possibly might've gone on to lose the decision had he NOT got caught like that, y'know?

Like I said, he's 40, he's got nothing left to prove, and unless the BHOP fight still happens, should probably bow out gracefully....and if it does, win or lose should hang it up after that.

Moving right along...:D
Now I'm totally ready to see Floyd beat the crap out of Pacquio. Make it so!

Panamark
12-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Danny Green is about to turn 38

Just sayin, thats the best ass whuppin I've seen in a long time ??

Agreed ???

jhale667
12-04-2009, 02:58 AM
Danny Green is about to turn 38

Just sayin, thats the best ass whuppin I've seen in a long time ??

Agreed ???

Oh, he nailed Roy, alright - but the difference being when Tarver and Johnson did, he didn't get up...just sayin'.... ;)

GO-SPURS-GO
12-04-2009, 03:01 AM
I mentioned Johnson as well, GSG.

My bad! It's 2am here and the coffee has worn off. :(

Now I'm totally ready to see Floyd beat the crap out of Pacquio. Make it so!

I'm definitely going for Pacquiao! I can't stand arrogance, and fighters like Floyd and Roy Jones reeks of it.

Damn it J, can we ever agree on anything? :tongue0011:

Panamark
12-04-2009, 03:12 AM
You guys reckon Roy will go on ????
I reckon he was shown the retirement door last night ?

From that fight last night I can see a huge Mundine/Green fight
(Do you guys know mundine ??)

GO-SPURS-GO
12-04-2009, 03:23 AM
You guys reckon Roy will go on ????
I reckon he was shown the retirement door last night ?

I think he will fight again. Did you watch the fight Mark? If you did, what was his demeanor like after the fight? Was he like, "I just got caught with a lucky punch" or "I just got my ass kicked, again!"

From that fight last night I can see a huge Mundine/Green fight
(Do you guys know mundine ??)

I've never heard of the dude before. I had to Google his name to see who he is. Is he any good? The only name I recognize is Mikkel Kessler, and he lost to him. He does look like a Gansta.

binnie
12-04-2009, 03:43 AM
Roy should retire. No question.

He's never been the same since he came back down from heavyweight, and now his legs have gone so he can't get out of the way of shots like he used to. Congrats to Danny Green, it was an efficient performance and he has a hell of a punch, but beating a very faded 40 year old man does not a great champion make.

If Roy and BHop fight now, Bhop will destroy Roy. It will be embarassing, just like the ass-whooping Calzaghe gave him was.

But Jhale is correct, as his peak from 1993-2003 Roy Jones was a freak of nature. 8 titles from middleweight to heavyweight, the only guy in compubox history to go a round without being hit once, Roy used to barely drop a round barely a fight. Beating all time greats like Bhop and Toney EASILY, and destrying elite competition like Virgil Hill, Sugar Boy Malinga, John Ruiz and Montel Griffin along the way. The only thing lacking was that Roy could have done MORE - he could have fought Nigel Benn and/Steve Collins at 168, or Darius Michalewski at 175. Maybe the fact that he often played it safe is the reason he fights on now, as though he has something to prove? I have no doubt that a peak Roy would have whooped all of those guys, but we'll never know. That being said, I'd back him against anyone at 168 or 175 in history - Joe Calzaghe, John Conteh, Michael Spinks, Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore, etc etc. Could Roy have taken their best shots? Maybe not. Would they have been able to handle his freakish speed and power? Doubt it.

Panamark
12-04-2009, 03:54 AM
So 38 year old Green kicked the ass of 40 year old Roy. Binnie ??
Just trying to get it all accurate...

Panamark
12-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Looked like a bad case of underestermation !

Go the Green Machine !!!!

sadaist
12-04-2009, 04:16 AM
I love how he came at him fast & furious when he knew he was shaken. So many times I've found myself yelling at the TV "get him, get him, WHAT THE FUCK! Go get him!", after the opponent gets shaken. The guy just stands there and starts boxing as normal. Gotta be able to come in like a shark to blood when you get someone on the edge.

Although in my personal fist fighting experiences, if I'm lucky enough to shake up the other guy, I use that small window of opportunity to flee.

GO-SPURS-GO
12-04-2009, 04:20 AM
Although in my personal fist fighting experiences, if I'm lucky enough to shake up the other guy, I use that small window of opportunity to flee.

:biggrin:

binnie
12-04-2009, 04:40 AM
So 38 year old Green kicked the ass of 40 year old Roy. Binnie ??
Just trying to get it all accurate...

I thought Green was 36. But yeah, he's no spring chicken.

That being said, Roy Jones has been pro boxer since 1989!!!!! He is an 'old' 40 by boxing terms.

Not taking anything away from Green, he fought at great fight and I think he has good power. But if you think that puts him amonst the best light heavyweights or cruiserweights in the world, think again. Should he get a fight with BHop, Chad Dawson, Tomaz Adamek, Steve Cunningham or Zolt Eredi, it would be different picture.

Sarge
12-04-2009, 06:02 AM
I think the difference with Jones is that he lost some of his quickness. Guys could not have caught him earlier in his career.
He is not going to retire.
He makes too much money and he hasn't let defeats stop him in the past.

Let's see RJJ vs Anderson Silva!

After watching the fight it looks like RJJ got hit on the back of the temple. That will KO anyone! Yes, his chin is shit but that is the worst place to get hit.

Panamark
12-04-2009, 08:04 AM
I thought Green was 36. But yeah, he's no spring chicken.

That being said, Roy Jones has been pro boxer since 1989!!!!! He is an 'old' 40 by boxing terms.

Not taking anything away from Green, he fought at great fight and I think he has good power. But if you think that puts him amonst the best light heavyweights or cruiserweights in the world, think again. Should he get a fight with BHop, Chad Dawson, Tomaz Adamek, Steve Cunningham or Zolt Eredi, it would be different picture.

Hell no ! Im just kicking myself I didnt put a bet on, I would have cleaned
up. This is lika Susan Boyle moment, didnt see that coming !!
To be fair Green can fight, and I guess now its a matter of wheter we see him
against some more elite fighters. Him and Anthony Mundine hate each other
in Australia, so I think we will see something happen there first.

Seshmeister
12-04-2009, 08:11 AM
He probably took a dive, boxing is totally corrupt.

A slight tap on the ear and he falls over?

binnie
12-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Slight tap on the ear?

It was a helluva right hand. As Sarge said, the back of the temple is the worst place to be hit.

binnie
12-04-2009, 08:15 AM
He is not going to retire.
He makes too much money and he hasn't let defeats stop him in the past.

Let's see RJJ vs Anderson Silva!

Sadly, I think that you may be right. Bhop-RJJ is a hard sell now (as everyone knows its a mis-match) but I reckon it'll probably happen.

I'd much rather see Hopkins fight Adamek or Chad Dawson, but I imagine he'll take the easy money.

Panamark
12-04-2009, 08:15 AM
If it was a slight tap, I dont think he would have enjojed the
following onslaught :)

Our chief medical officer has already identified the initial point of impact.....

Seshmeister
12-04-2009, 08:23 AM
He's obviously a big blouse.

Most girls here could(and do) take a tap like that every Saturday night with hardly a word of complaint. :)

binnie
12-04-2009, 08:27 AM
He's obviously a big blouse.

Most girls here could(and do) take a tap like that every Saturday night with hardly a word of complaint. :)

Wife-beating: Scotland's National Sport.

:D

Panamark
12-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Is that what heaver means ??
Like in the proclaimers song, when I heaver, dont you know Im
gonna be the man to heaver over you... Or is that scottish for
throwing up ???

Seshmeister
12-04-2009, 09:27 AM
The word is 'haver' and it means to chat foolishly.

e.g. Panamark constantly havers on the Roth Army website... :)

Panamark
12-04-2009, 10:02 AM
The word is 'haver' and it means to chat foolishly.

e.g. Panamark constantly havers on the Roth Army website... :)

So these proclaimer dudes would walk 1000 miles to chat foolishly
with a woman ?? Is this just before they beat her up ??
(Being scottish and all)

When I lash out..
Dont ya know youre gonna be
Youre gonna be the one I throw my punches too...

Then I guess a little friendly "haver" afterwards?,
as scottish chicks just brush that shit aside :)

Seshmeister
12-04-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm not going to sit here defending Proclaimers lyrics.

They have a song called 'Lets get married' for fuck sake... :)

Panamark
12-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Damn those proclaimer bastards... Its those glasses, you know it......

jhale667
12-05-2009, 05:53 PM
If it was a slight tap, I dont think he would have enjojed the
following onslaught :)

Our chief medical officer has already identified the initial point of impact.....

If it was a slight tap, he wouldn't have stumbled when he initially tried to get up...but get up he DID...which indicates to me he didn't get clocked as hard as Tarver or Johnson hit him, but he definitely got nailed in a bad spot.

Like I said, if he had ONLY thrown a shot or two to defend himself afterwards, the fight probably wouldn't have been stopped. Though I don't think it would have went well for him had he survived the round, if he didn't get caught again, probably would've went on to lose a decision.

And I still say Green should have been warned for the head-holding.

I fucking hate the Proclaimers, btw. :)

Dan
12-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Maybe A David Tua Fight Is On The Cards?