• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Obama: All nations must follow standards for war

Dec 10, 2009

OSLO (AP) - President Barack Obama, accepting his Nobel Peace Prize, says all nations must follow standards on the use of force.

The president, who last week ordered 30,000 more troops into Afghanistan, says he reserves the right as commander in chief to act unilaterally to defend the U.S. But he also said he is convinced that sticking to standards strengthens the countries that follow them - and isolates and weakens those countries that don't.

Even when confronted with an adversary that doesn't follow any rules, Obama said the U.S. must remain a standard bearer in the conduct of war.

Obama spoke Thursday during a ceremony at city hall in Oslo, Norway, where he formally accepted the peace prize he was awarded in October.

• kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Wow, what he says makes total sense and the lack of standards Bush applied made the US one of the most hated nations around.

MY GOD! The President wants to adhere to the standards of war.......that fucking bastard.
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If only he would stick to the standard of ONLY going to war in the actual defense of the United States of America. Which hasn't been the case at any time since August 1945.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

The irony is Obama gets a prize for peace while conducting a war...

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

No, you hick. For continuing a war that was started by the previous Administration.
          Last edited by Kristy; 12-10-2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Hey she-bitch, Obama campaigned on continuing the war in afghanistan and has supported it ever since he became a senator...

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Kristy
              No, you hick. For continuing a war that was started by the previous Administration.
              Exactly......

I love how people have the memory of gnats sometimes.
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                Veteran
                • May 2004

Elvis doesn't have the memory of a gnat.

He's just a right-wing, racist, hypocritical, neanderthal redneck cunt who likes to alter history and change the facts to justify his racial and political hatred.

Add to that his drug addiction, and you need to cut him some slack.

Comment

• ace diamond
                  Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                  Exactly......

I love how people have the memory of gnats sometimes.
                  it's quite sad actually that this is how things in our wonderful country have become.

it breaks my heart that memories and attention spans have disintegrated into nothingness.

the rest of the world is fucking laughing their collective asses off at how stupid and pathetic we americans have become.

it hurts. but the sad fact is, it's the truth.
                  Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                  When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                  "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                    Veteran
                    • May 2004

The world is laughing at how the right-wingers still insist the USA has the best health care, best justice system, best this-and-that in the world, regardless of the facts.

It's a joke....I love the USA and almost moved there, but it's become a fucking joke without realizing or admitting it.

Fuckheads like Dick Cheney only make it worse...,propogating the idea that the USA can do whatever the fuck it wants, regardless of international law or morality.

That half pint fuck needs to be eliminated.....what an evil piece of shit he is.

And all the assholes like him

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                      Elvis doesn't have the memory of a gnat.

He's just a right-wing, racist, hypocritical, neanderthal redneck cunt.
                      I love you too, baby...

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                        Veteran
                        • May 2004

Being a nurse, you probably dream of me and your "oversized" syringe.........That's another thing that bothers me.

I'm terrified to think it, but Georgie Bush and Cheney are probably in your fantasy menage as well.

I'm sure you're view of torturing other men is a perversion of even Cheney's version of it......

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Yeah, I'd break bones, pour acid in eyes and open wounds, and dangle the live bodies over a fire...

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                            Being a nurse...

Nurse?

I thought his job was being a script writer for Fox News.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

No, FOX would be much more entertaining if I were writing the material...

Comment

Working...