• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Candy Girl

Brittany Murphy Dead at 32

L.A. Coroner: Brittany Murphy Dead at 32
    Dec. 20, 2009, 2:42 PM EST
    TheWrap

Actress Brittany Murphy has died, according to the Los Angeles coroner's office.

The 32-year-old actress, who starred in "Clueless" and with Eminem in "8 Mile," was declared dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, according to Selena Barrows, an investigator with the coroner's office.

"We have a preliminary death report of someone with the name of Brittany Murphy," Barrows told TheWrap. The report came from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center at 11 a.m. on Sunday.

The news was first reported by TMZ.com.

TMZ said multiple sources reported that the actress had gone into cardiac arrest and could not be revived on Sunday morning.

Barrows said cardiac arrest could mean any number of things, and was not an indication of the cause of death.

The Los Angeles City Fire Department said a 911 call was made at 8 a.m. from the Los Angeles home of Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack. She was pronounced dead on arrival at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Born in Atlanta, Murphy started acting in regional theater at age 9; by age 13, she had signed with a manager and began appearing in television commercials. Her first roles were on TV series such as "Murphy Brown" and "Parker Lewis Can't Lose," which led to her breakthrough film, 1995's "Clueless."

In 2005, she signed on as the spokesmodel for Jordache Jeans. She has been named to both FHM's 10 Sexiest Women List, and Maxim's Hot 100.

In 2006, she released the single "Faster Kill Pussycat," which became a club hit on Billboard's Hot Dance Club Play chart. She also covered Queen's "Somebody to Love" and Earth, Wind & Fire's "Boogie Wonderland" for the film "Happy Feet."

She married screenwriter Monjack in 2007; before that, she was engaged to talent manager Jeff Kwatinetz, and production assistant Joe Macaluso. In late 2002, she dated Ashton Kutcher, with who she co-starred int he film "Just Married."
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Just like Karen Carpenter, I suspect. She was looking damn anorexic recently.

What a damn shame
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Little Texan
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

$5 says it was a drug overdose.

Comment

• thome
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Mar 2005

Sad if true, she had the cutest cutie pie smile, ear to ear.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Cardiac arrest seems to be the catch-all cliche when it comes to a celebrity death. If she was dealing with anorexia most likely she would buy a farm from kidney failure or multiple-organ failure. Cardiac arrest would most likely result from a cocaine overdose so Little Texan may be on to something.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Shame to go so young...would have thought Lindsay Lohan would have been the next young starlet to punt out.

Maybe it was a combination of too much coke (for reasons having mostly to do with appearance, Murphy has struck me as a girl who wasn't altogether unfamiliar around a mirror and razor) and not enough food. Maybe it wasn't. Pity.
            Last edited by Terry; 12-20-2009, 07:56 PM.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Coroner says first report is natural causes....

Maybe a defective heart.....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Didn't take long for a website to be started

RIP Brittany Murphy

Comment

• Susie Q
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

I dunno, I'm feelin' very flat affect on this. I thought right away it was a drug OD. Bullshit way to go IMO, so young. Too bad.

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                  ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                    Didn't take long for a website to be started

RIP Brittany Murphy
                    Body wasn't even dead twelve hours, fer pete's sake!
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Another death to young...

natural causes at 32...even if it was...there's nothing natural about 32...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

FRIENDS of Hollywood actress Brittany Murphy said she "definitely had a drug problem" amid fears she may have died from taking the same prescription drugs as Michael Jackson

Murphy, 32, was reportedly hooked on prescription drugs, including Vicodin, after a series of plastic surgery operations made her dependent on painkillers.

"We have been very worried something like this was about to happen," a friend told The Sun.

"Brittany has been living life on the edge. She definitely had a drug problem and we have all begged her to seek help. Sadly our words fell on deaf ears."

Murphy was taking prescription medication for flu-like symptoms she had been experiencing for several days, sources have told TMZ.

The actress was very ill in the hours before she went into cardiac arrest and was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre, where she was pronounced dead on arrival at 10.04am local time (Monday 5.04am AEDT).

TMZ reported Murphy began vomiting early Sunday morning and told family members she was feeling very sick.

Various prescriptions were found in the home - written for Murphy, her husband Simon Monjack, and Murphy's mother.

A source told TMZ: "There were a lot ... a lot of prescriptions in the house."

Monjak has reportedly asked that officials do not conduct an autopsy on her, despite her death being shrouded in mystery.

But despite his wishes, the LA County Coroner's office will perform an autopsy and toxicology report on the actress.

More here..

Didn't she do some voice on a cartoon series?

I do remember her in a movie with the Beetlejuice girl...can't remember the title.

I really need to use Google more often.
                        Last edited by hideyoursheep; 12-21-2009, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Her best role was the voice of Luanne in King Of The Hill-cartoon...
                          Originally posted by Cato
                          Golden, why are you FAT?
                          Originally posted by lesfunk
                          Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                          http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                            Her best role was the voice of Luanne in King Of The Hill-cartoon...
                            That's it!

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

I had a friend in high school who was playing basketball shortly after graduation (a year or two). Very active, sports player, the whole bit. Apparently he had some kind of heart defect that nobody would have known about unless they were looking for it and he suddenly passed away one day on the court, very suddenly. Maybe it was the same sort of situation with Brittany.

Very unfortunate. You never think people will go this way. Being Hollywood, though, I'll take drugs for a dollar.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...