PDA

View Full Version : CVH Master Tracks

Va Beach VH Fan
12-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Must give props to VHND, saw it there first....

Check out these master tracks that someone recently posted.....

YouTube - MasterTracks18's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterTracks18)

Here's just a snippet....

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/91zPg4f2K0g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/91zPg4f2K0g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

ZahZoo
12-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Interesting...

Would be real interesting to find out who leaked this... there's only a very limited number of people who had access to isolated, premastered tracks like this. It couldn't have been lifted from the masters that the albums were cut from... so it had to come from the pre-mastering tapes.

dazzlindino
12-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Seems people are able to get this off of guitar hero x box.....
they have almost done the entire guitar hero catalog....

Va Beach VH Fan
12-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Interesting...

Would be real interesting to find out who leaked this... there's only a very limited number of people who had access to isolated, premastered tracks like this. It couldn't have been lifted from the masters that the albums were cut from... so it had to come from the pre-mastering tapes.

Yeah, I've already downloaded the guitar tracks to RealPlayer....

Va Beach VH Fan
12-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Seems people are able to get this off of guitar hero x box.....
they have almost done the entire guitar hero catalog....

The problem with that is some of these songs are not on Guitar Hero...

VAiN
12-25-2009, 11:45 AM
The problem with that is some of these songs are not on Guitar Hero...

From what I saw on the youtube page, they're all in GH:VH. Odds are that's where they are from. I have the isolated tracks for YRGM - I have top assume it's from the same people..

They live here if anyone is interested:
http://www.digitalcomplexion.net/vain/YRGM_Multitracks.zip

Drop them into an audio editor and 'remix' the tune.. it's good times!

sadaist
12-25-2009, 01:34 PM
MOTHERFUCKER!

Hearing Unchained pure like that just gave me goose bumps! Best Christmas present ever!!!!

if6was9
12-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Seems like only solo was overdubbed. Unbelievable. :confused11:

Terry
12-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Nice.

chefcraig
12-25-2009, 07:35 PM
I truly love hearing stuff like this, as it gives you a real appreciation of how off-kilter and at times utterly demented Ed's sense of rhythm was on some of his studio work. I come at things from a more Keith Richards style of playing things, so the way EVH jumps ahead, behind and sometimes skips right over the beat throws me off and leaves me scratching my head. To listen to this oddness in such stark relief really is a pleasure. Thanks to Va Beach VH Fan and VAiN for the heads-up and links.

VanHalenFan5150
12-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Very nice! :D Happy holidays.

jhale667
12-25-2009, 09:58 PM
I truly love hearing stuff like this, as it gives you a real appreciation of how off-kilter and at times utterly demented Ed's sense of rhythm was on some of his studio work. I come at things from a more Keith Richards style of playing things, so the way EVH jumps ahead, behind and sometimes skips right over the beat throws me off and leaves me scratching my head. To listen to this oddness in such stark relief really is a pleasure. Thanks to Va Beach VH Fan and VAiN for the heads-up and links.

Well said, sir Craig. :D It's just amazing to listen to them isolated. Very informative and educational indeed. :baaa:

:guitar:

ace diamond
12-26-2009, 12:32 AM
you can definitely tell where ed was punching in, and switching pedals on his stomp box.

GAR
12-26-2009, 01:57 AM
MOTHERFUCKER!

Hearing Unchained pure like that just gave me goose bumps! Best Christmas present ever!!!!

I wasn't sure these were the real tracks until I heard that noise in the end from what's called "artifacts of digital conversion" coming from the Eventide.

But I think I hear a suboctaver in there, too.. very interesting. And it looks like Hausman put 'em up there.

Hummarstra
12-26-2009, 02:11 AM
Wow. Very cool to hear all the nuances in those licks.

78/84 guy
12-26-2009, 03:10 PM
That's an octave pedal on Unchained, Never noticed listening to complete version.

GAR
12-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Simple Rhyme has all that tape-played degradation to it, too. I believe these are at least SOME of the original CVH tracks but not all of them. Just the tracks chosen to make up one guitar channel. Which isn't easy of course because of all the layered tracks it took to build the songs.

GAR
12-26-2009, 03:18 PM
That's an octave pedal on Unchained, Never noticed listening to complete version.

Pretty cool, right? Alot of these effects you don't notice from the recorded energy of the other instruments and vocals "washing" all that out of the way.

Also it may be you know, that some portions you hear MAY be rerecorded. I've thought about Unchained here after listening to it and some of it sounds exact, like the effects are the original effects, but the execution of play well.. something's a hair off..

DaveTheScott
12-27-2009, 11:14 AM
These are pretty fucking cool.

I performed a little experiment and played these from the YouTube files, and also from iTunes at the same time. While I couldn't get the timing exactly right, I gotta say the similarities in tone are there.

Since I'm not a production / sound engineering kind of guy, I gotta ask...is there any other way to isolate this shit without having source tracks? I mean, I could fuck around with sony sound forge and come up with something, but it wouldn't sound like this...

Ahhh, who gives a shit, these are great. Hopefully "they" produce more.

ace diamond
12-27-2009, 11:49 AM
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KWjyj9gUElM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KWjyj9gUElM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

ace diamond
12-27-2009, 11:53 AM
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pdflys0LqFs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pdflys0LqFs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

TheAtomicPunks
12-28-2009, 02:49 AM
Simply awesome!

GAR
12-28-2009, 06:44 AM
<object width="660" height="525">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KWjyj9gUElM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></object>

That sure sounds like the original lead track!

ZahZoo
12-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Since I'm not a production / sound engineering kind of guy, I gotta ask...is there any other way to isolate this shit without having source tracks? I mean, I could fuck around with sony sound forge and come up with something, but it wouldn't sound like this...

Ahhh, who gives a shit, these are great. Hopefully "they" produce more.

There's no way to isolate Ed's guitar 100% without the pre-master source tapes. You may get the dominate left or right channel from the final master but it will include portions of drums, vocals or bass that get panned to both channels in the final mix. No way to get a perfectly clean guitar only once it's mastered for duplication.

kwame k
12-28-2009, 12:30 PM
There's no way to isolate Ed's guitar 100% without the pre-master source tapes. You may get the dominate left or right channel from the final master but it will include portions of drums, vocals or bass that get panned to both channels in the final mix. No way to get a perfectly clean guitar only once it's mastered for duplication.

That brings up a great point and a trip down memory lane.

Ever listen to the albums or cassettes and one of the speakers were blown? The guitar would drown everything else out depending on which speaker was blown.

Diamondjimi
12-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I've already downloaded the guitar tracks to RealPlayer....

I've recorded all available tracks through my sound card in real time using Adobe Audition. Figured I'd grab 'em before EVH or WBM removes them like they did with the vocal tracks...

kwame k
12-28-2009, 12:48 PM
I've recorded all available tracks through my sound card in real time using Adobe Audition. Figured I'd grab 'em before EVH or WBM removes them like they did with the vocal tracks...

Jimi, how do you like Audition? Had a chance to grab that, from a friend and didn't know if it was worth it.

Coyote
12-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Here's just a snippet....

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/91zPg4f2K0g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/91zPg4f2K0g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Great. Now I'm considering buying a harmonizer, just to get that rhythm tone goin'... :pullinghair:

Diamondjimi
12-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Jimi, how do you like Audition? Had a chance to grab that, from a friend and didn't know if it was worth it.

It's a decent program. I mainly use it to rip my cd's and editing. It's vst effects are ok , but it can't compare to Nuendo or Pro Tools.
If you need a program for basic editing or ripping ,I highly recommend it... ;)

kwame k
12-28-2009, 01:01 PM
It's a decent program. I mainly use it to rip my cd's and editing. It's vst effects are ok , but it can't compare to Nuendo or Pro Tools.
If you need a program for basic editing or ripping ,I highly recommend it... ;)

Cool, thanks for the info:beers8:

vaijuju
12-28-2009, 03:14 PM

A friend from vhfrance (patpanique) asked the guy how he did that.He said "with Guitar hero and rockband"

kwame k
12-28-2009, 03:18 PM
When I get my recording equipment shipped here we should use these and start a, "Shred with Ed", thread.

Doctor Dude
12-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Awesome stuff!

Its hard to enjoy these tracks for what they are because my brain seems to want to add the missing instruments and vocals from memory.

jhale667
12-29-2009, 01:26 AM
When I get my recording equipment shipped here we should use these and start a, "Shred with Ed", thread.

Gearheadish sidenote:
You talkin' about your ADAT rig? I just found a $145 PCI soundcard ADAT/Pro Tools interface that may allow me to pull all my archive stuff off the old ADATs (as 8 individual tracks rather than dumping)...pretty cool...

1212M v2 PCI Digital Audio System from audioMIDI.com (http://www.audiomidi.com/1212M-v2-PCI-Digital-Audio-System-P8758C328.aspx)

http://www.audiomidi.com/RenderImage.aspx?img=/assets/8758_1212MPCI_lg.jpg&width=800

Requires two slots, but fortunately I have the processing power, and room available on my MB and my tower...

Great idea, though. Tons of fun could be had, not just in the "Shred with Ed" sense, since there's so many master tracks popping up of late...

:guitar:

Antman
12-29-2009, 10:43 AM
If you listen to the Jump and Jamies Crying tracks, you can hear very faint guitars.

ZahZoo
12-29-2009, 11:35 AM
That brings up a great point and a trip down memory lane.

Ever listen to the albums or cassettes and one of the speakers were blown? The guitar would drown everything else out depending on which speaker was blown.

Oh yeah... also sat for hours cranking the Balance knob trying to figure out how and what was panned to each channel to figure out how something was mastered. Especially fun with active mixes like older Pink Floyd and Hendrix's Electric Ladyland with a lot of stuff moving around left to right channels.

Back in 78 had a friend who dumped a ton of money into an audiophile top end quadraphonic system... fond memories of getting high and pulling speaker wires to figure out how they tracked Edgar Winter's Frankenstein that induced headspins...

kwame k
12-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Gearheadish sidenote:
You talkin' about your ADAT rig? I just found a $145 PCI soundcard ADAT/Pro Tools interface that may allow me to pull all my archive stuff off the old ADATs (as 8 individual tracks rather than dumping)...pretty cool...

For sure you'll be able to dump 8 tracks individually. See the optical I/O on the top sound card to the right in your pic. Your ADAT should have that optical interface, too. On my Lexicon sound card I had that and it worked great......here's the info from the ADAT manual.

DIGITAL AUDIO IN/OUT
The Digital input and output carries all eight tracks on a single fiber optical cable. This allows you to bounce audio between multiple machines within the digital domain. This also lets you route digital audio between multiple XTs and ADATs, and to ADAT Compatible™ products such as the QuadraVerb 2. Since the fiber optic connector carries the digital information for all 8 tracks, it is also useful for backing up all tracks in one pass (see Chapter 6 for more on digital audio).

kwame k
12-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Oh yeah... also sat for hours cranking the Balance knob trying to figure out how and what was panned to each channel to figure out how something was mastered. Especially fun with active mixes like older Pink Floyd and Hendrix's Electric Ladyland with a lot of stuff moving around left to right channels.

Back in 78 had a friend who dumped a ton of money into an audiophile top end quadraphonic system... fond memories of getting high and pulling speaker wires to figure out how they tracked Edgar Winter's Frankenstein that induced headspins...

I hear ya Zah, my favorite was to put on headphones, while baked of course, and listen to all those great panning techniques. Electric Ladyland....wow, what an album. Zep had a few songs like that, too.

VAiN
12-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey, picked this up from another site... Here's a bunch of isolated GH:VH tracks:

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7f0c6f9a9d30746b5e2bd628a2cb8cfde3370dde 5fbcbf02b9789de4b2881080)

VanHalener
12-30-2009, 11:58 PM
This is the greatest thread ever sewn.

Right Phucking Arm!

binnie
12-31-2009, 08:44 AM
Fuuuuuuck.

Excellent finds dudes

ELVIS
12-31-2009, 09:52 AM
Edward sounds drunk on the isolated Hang 'Em High track...

But, check out this new bass line...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-lOddALaj0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-lOddALaj0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:elvis:

ELVIS
12-31-2009, 10:00 AM
Hmmm... the new bass line in this is not too bad...<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C3rGy5-FKA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C3rGy5-FKA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ZahZoo
12-31-2009, 12:18 PM
What new bass lines?

Sounds like the studio cuts... with whatever crap the game is adding to it.

Did some searching but can't find any details... wondering if the copyright/licensing notice that references Three Twins LLC is Michael's new corporation for handling publishing rights/royalties of his VH material..?

ThrillsNSpills
12-31-2009, 12:34 PM
What new bass lines?

Sounds like the studio cuts... with whatever crap the game is adding to it.

Of course it's the studio cuts !

Elvis can't tell the difference between Eddie's playing and a teenager playing through a Rockman.

The clicks from the game are probably new drum tracks too.

ELVIS
01-03-2010, 07:51 AM
The drums and guitar are the original tracks, of course...

The bass is not! NO FREAKIN WAY!

I know what i'm hearing!

VAiN
01-03-2010, 04:01 PM
The drums and guitar are the original tracks, of course...

The bass is not! NO FREAKIN WAY!

I know what i'm hearing!

I don't think so... Do you own the game? Have you played just the bass part? Well I do and have. It's the studio tracks - with a different mix.

ELVIS
01-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Maybe so, I gave it more attention...

It's a way different mix...

GAR
01-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Hmmm... the new bass line in this is not too bad...<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C3rGy5-FKA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Since this is fantasy CGI-stuff, they coulda animated the characters a little more hyper.

Van Halen was never the shoe-gazer type band these electronic people are!

Diamondjimi
01-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Maybe so, I gave it more attention...

It's a way different mix...

True, better mix, imo...

VAiN
01-04-2010, 12:08 AM
True, better mix, imo...

The way these games are set up in surround sound is amazing... My buddy has a kick ass system with concert sound... it's impressive!

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
01-04-2010, 12:45 AM
i heard about this hero guitar thing. do they play that right now song?

Nitro Express
01-04-2010, 01:02 AM
You can hear every little detail. I still love that chugging flanging sound. The thing I always loved was how Ed could always throw a bunch of stuff together and make a song out of it. He was great at taking it to the edge without going overboard.

Diamondjimi
01-04-2010, 01:07 AM
The way these games are set up in surround sound is amazing... My buddy has a kick ass system with concert sound... it's impressive!

Gotta check it out in surround, fo sho !

Nitro Express
01-04-2010, 01:07 AM
I love how Ed's Charvel on Guitar Hero has a 3 and 3 headstock instead of a straight 6 headstock. The designer's fucked that up. They probably put Fender headstocks on Les Paul guitars as well.

Diamondjimi
01-04-2010, 12:57 PM
No doubt they put the "Wolfgang " headstock design on there at Ed's insistence . Anything to sell a guitar....

Diamondjimi
01-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Watching "VH" in Guitar Hero is quite boring. They simply walk round and mill about like rockers in their 50's.....

Wait a minute...........:umm: .....nevermind.......

Coyote
01-04-2010, 02:07 PM
No doubt they put the "Wolfgang " headstock design on there at Ed's insistence . Anything to sell a guitar....

Did you notice the three Wolfgangs in the background?

Diamondjimi
01-04-2010, 11:37 PM
The gearwhoring never stops... :rolleyes:

Diamondjimi
01-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Here's the link to download them for yourself.
Wave files, HOT DAMN. Grab 'em while ya can!!!

Van Halen masters... (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2b40ac11b278b773ab1eab3e9fa335ca6808ff4c 1aad99cd)

Seeing as WBM yanked the vocal tracks from Youtube, this is the only place I know to grab 'em. Enjoy!

Roth On!:hitch:

Panamark
01-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Ahhh ! Great thing about these games.... Mastertracks !!!

Not the whole shebang - but snippets of the vault

Cool for real jammin

Full Bug
01-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Here's the link to download them for yourself.
Wave files, HOT DAMN. Grab 'em while ya can!!!

Van Halen masters... (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2b40ac11b278b773ab1eab3e9fa335ca6808ff4c 1aad99cd)

Seeing as WBM yanked the vocal tracks from Youtube, this is the only place I know to grab 'em. Enjoy!

Roth On!:hitch:
Thanx, those are kick ass, I really like the isolated vocal tracks too, great stuff....:)

standin
01-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Removed autoplay link....

Full Bug
01-11-2010, 03:02 PM
I uploaded most of the vocal and guitar tracks to Demonoid if anyone wants it, I couldnt be bothered putting the drum and bass tracks in right now because going through the two different files posted here is very time consuming as you have to download each one at a time and sort them, but may do it later when I can be bothered....:)
Demonoid.com - Van Halen Guitar &amp; Vocal Tracks (http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2097194/16073700/)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-11-2010, 06:33 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PgAlWrgZKuk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PgAlWrgZKuk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
01-11-2010, 06:36 PM
You need to turn the autoplay off, or I'm gonna have to remove it....

Thanks....

Va Beach VH Fan
01-11-2010, 06:37 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FT6aXH0fs2Q&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FT6aXH0fs2Q&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
01-11-2010, 06:37 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6GshRQ81Kg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6GshRQ81Kg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kwame k
01-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Wow, that was a fucking trip...I was listening to VA's post of Jamie's Crying and someone had the vocal tracks to Jump on auto load/play......both tracks plang together! Who needs drugs.....

ThrillsNSpills
01-11-2010, 07:56 PM
These isolated tracks are really great. Just shows another angle of these timeless tracks.
And yes VA please delete the autoplays imo.
Someone will just quote it and then there it is all over again.
thanks to the guys who are reloading them for us to download!

Full Bug
01-12-2010, 05:49 AM
I like the Panama vocal track, where you can here the engine running before it guns up, something you cant hear on the original....
Hell, all the tracks have something you hadnt heard before.....:)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-12-2010, 08:38 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkKMyp4cmUs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkKMyp4cmUs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
01-23-2010, 07:00 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sYZwtmiN9Kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sYZwtmiN9Kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

BITEYOASS
01-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Can someone find the drum track to "Outta Love Again"?

BITEYOASS
01-23-2010, 07:10 PM
I better contribute here:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MhZHwC6IxMo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MhZHwC6IxMo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kwame k
01-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Me too......

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vBMvf4q8veI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vBMvf4q8veI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sath_VB3BJk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sath_VB3BJk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHFMadhaNyI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHFMadhaNyI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

sadaist
01-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Me too......

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHFMadhaNyI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHFMadhaNyI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Holy fuck! I never noticed how the cymbal sounds like a lawn sprinkler in this song before. What a fucking awesome effect. And damn if Jamies Cryin isn't a great groovin' drum track all by itself.

kwame k
01-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Dude, the brown sound was coined for Al's snare:beers8:

Notice the bleed in those tracks, either Al had his headphones turned up to max or his drum room was not totally sealed......

Va Beach VH Fan
01-29-2010, 10:13 AM
From VHHD:

"This is the earliest know recording of Eddie Van Halen playing guitar. He is basically noodling and working out ideas. Recorded at home (in his parent’s house) in 1974, when he was only 19 years old! The genesis of “Somebody Get Me A Doctor” and other great ideas.

The guitar playing ends at 7:16, and then you can hear a short recording of David, Eddie and Michael hanging out in a hotel talking to one or more girls."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/McxV2IZHe2E&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/McxV2IZHe2E&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
02-03-2010, 05:08 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H6R2V4FWeN8&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H6R2V4FWeN8&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
02-03-2010, 05:09 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sYZwtmiN9Kk&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sYZwtmiN9Kk&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

riggodrill44
02-04-2010, 08:14 PM
That stuff still makes the hair on my arms stand on end.

dazzlindino
02-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Loss of control...........Fookin AAAA
OH MY GOD DAVE!!!!!
Why did you ever quit Van Fucking Halen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pullinghair:

Guitar Shark
02-04-2010, 09:04 PM
This is quite possibly the greatest thread ever.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Nah...

The greatest thread ever, and it's gone to the Internet Gods, was the review for the Raleigh Spam/Dave show in '02....

Pojo and I did it back at his house, absolutely bombed out of our goards....

It's hard to describe because a lot of it was in "Pojo-speak", but it was so hilarious.... If any of the oldtimers remember it, they'll concur, it was one for the ages....

By the way, our review of the Greensboro '07 show is damn close, http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/david-lee-roth-news/50333-quest-mighty-van-halen.html.....

if6was9
02-18-2010, 04:12 AM
From VHND:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Zy1D0uH1ys&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Zy1D0uH1ys&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XRwhUx9QgQA&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XRwhUx9QgQA&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s_5mMWx2F2c&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s_5mMWx2F2c&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfyI5VkyPVU&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfyI5VkyPVU&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
02-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Aaah, they added some new ones, thanks....

vaijuju
02-18-2010, 11:47 AM
don't forget master tracks
YouTube - MasterTracks18's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterTracks18#p/u)

VAiN
02-18-2010, 10:17 PM
This is fucking grate stuff!!! :baaa:

Va Beach VH Fan
02-18-2010, 11:15 PM
And, just as a reminder, not only do I put these in a Playlist on my Youtube, I also download the "videos" to my RealPlayer, and then convert them for my Ipod....

Sweet....

Panamark
02-19-2010, 02:02 AM
I love em !

You get to hear the little parts that were obscured in the final mix.

:baaa:

Panamark
02-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Also I hear a lot of rhythms that other bands lifted that were
not as obvious in the final mix.....

if6was9
02-19-2010, 06:41 AM
The riff in "Hear About It Later" sound equally powerfull with or without the rest of the band. What a killer tune!

Diamondjimi
02-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Interesting to hear how many overdubs or "drop ins" Ed did on these recordings.
If you go back to the link I posted earlier and download the vocal tracks, it's also interesting to hear how they achieved the huge vocal harmony sounds by overdubbing "gang" vocals in an ambient room setting....

Calderone
02-19-2010, 03:24 PM
The gang vocals are only for this versions ...that effect is not present on the real deal six pack mixes

Diamondjimi
02-19-2010, 07:39 PM
The gang vocals are only for this versions ...that effect is not present on the real deal six pack mixes

Haha, dude. That's because they are mixed all together in the sonic landscape. We're listening to them here in isolated tracks.
Are you implying that they don't exist on the original 6 ???

Calderone
02-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Not sure if we are talking the same thing,im talking about the vocal master tracks
For example : Little Guitars , in this version of the master tracks, they put a big gang effect on SEÑORITAAAAA , thats not the real deal,take the original Little guitars and remove the vocals and you will find that "Señorita" is done by a single voice only.
This was applied on every chorus of this vocal track version,and its the same effect from Ice Cream Man to Panama ..which sounds terrible "Don't you know she's comin home with me " with a terrible effect !

chefcraig
02-20-2010, 11:11 AM
It's painfully obvious that some of these tracks have been doctored for the sake of the game. Check out a clip of "Spanish Fly" at Youtube. After the first fast run, as the harmonics are picked, you hear a whammy bar depression. A vibrato effect, on an acoustic guitar! http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-rolleye-smileys-725.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Confused-Smileys/)

I'd offer a clip, but most of them appear to be made in mom's living room, with the camera aimed at the tv while set up on shoebox, featuring the annoying sound of some teenage twit slapping his fingers all over the controller. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-ashamed-smileys-705.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Thinking-Smileys/)

Calderone
02-21-2010, 10:18 AM
yes they touched them up :(

Coyote
02-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Not sure if we are talking the same thing,im talking about the vocal master tracks
For example : Little Guitars , in this version of the master tracks, they put a big gang effect on SEÑORITAAAAA , thats not the real deal,take the original Little guitars and remove the vocals and you will find that "Señorita" is done by a single voice only.
This was applied on every chorus of this vocal track version,and its the same effect from Ice Cream Man to Panama ..which sounds terrible "Don't you know she's comin home with me " with a terrible effect !

Of course they summed up the lead vocals and the backing vocals...

Audio tracks, in their rawest format (ie. NOT mp3 or FLAC), take up a lot of space on a hard drive.

It's painfully obvious that some of these tracks have been doctored for the sake of the game. Check out a clip of "Spanish Fly" at Youtube. After the first fast run, as the harmonics are picked, you hear a whammy bar depression. A vibrato effect, on an acoustic guitar! http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-rolleye-smileys-725.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Confused-Smileys/)

If you're talking about an in-game clip, that's just some dumbass jerking around with that plastic whammy bar...

chefcraig
02-21-2010, 05:26 PM
If you're talking about an in-game clip, that's just some dumbass jerking around with that plastic whammy bar...

Does the controller manipulate the video? I really have no idea how the thing works. The cartoon Edward puts his right hand to the bridge and bends an imaginary whammy bar on his acoustic. It really looks and sounds odd.

Coyote
02-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Does the controller manipulate the video? I really have no idea how the thing works. The cartoon Edward puts his right hand to the bridge and bends an imaginary whammy bar on his acoustic. It really looks and sounds odd.

A design flaw, apparently.

And if some schmuck claims "artistic license" on that... Pity tha foo'...