• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Possible Terror Attempt on Airliner to Detroit

Officials: Possible terror attack on U.S. jetliner
    Nigerian man tries to light powdery substance on Detroit flight, officials say
    BREAKING NEWS

NBC News and msnbc.com
    updated 5:43 p.m. ET, Fri., Dec . 25, 2009

A 23-year-old Nigerian man tried to light a powdery substance aboard a Northwest Airlines flight before landing in Detroit on Friday, a senior U.S. counterterrorism official told NBC News.

Two people noticed the attempt and a third person jumped on the man and subdued him, an airline official told NBC News.

The man is being treated at the burn unit of the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, officials said.

The man told investigators that he wanted to set off a bomb over the United States and claimed to be tied to al-Qaida, counterterrorism officials said.

The man was subdued by the crew of Flight 253 from Amsterdam, one counterterrorism official said. The official said the man left Lagos, Nigeria, on Thursday, then boarded the Northwest flight in Amsterdam on Friday.

Flight 253 was an Airbus 330 carrying 278 passengers. The Transportation Security Administration reported that the plane was taken to a remote area of Detroit Metropolitan Airport and all passengers deplaned and were rescreened along with all the luggage on the flight. In addition, all passengers were interviewed, a TSA statement said.

President Barack Obama, who is vacationing in Hawaii, was informed of the incident Friday morning by his National Security Council staff, White House spokesman Bill Burton said.

U.S. counterterrorism officials are treating this as a possible terrorist attack and are taking it “very seriously,” counterterrorism officials said. An interagency meeting of senior intelligence, law enforcement and security was convened out of Washington to discuss the incident and possible measures to ensure there no similar attacks, Burton said.

U.S. counterterrorism officials are particularly concerned in light of the 2006 London airline plot, in which British and Pakistani nationals conspired to carry out multiple suicide bombings on board trans-Atlantic flights.

On Dec. 22, 2001, passengers and crew aboard an American Airlines flight from Paris to Miami subdued a man who was attempting to detonate explosives in his sneakers. Richard Reid pleaded guilty to terrorism charges in 2003 and was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Accused 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and his cousin, Ramzi Yousef, were accused of plotting in 1995 to take down multiple airliners over the Pacific Ocean using explosive devices hidden in airliner lavatories.

Officials: Possible terror attack on U.S. jetliner - Crime & courts- msnbc.com
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

If all terrorists were as stupid as this tool that set himself on fire trying to light a bomb, we wouldn't have anything to worry about. What a fucking moron, and an epic FAIL.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm more worried about how he did this because airport security always reacts in a dumb way. If it was a blue powder they will probaby ban people from taking blue things onboard.

I've always thought the way to bring the airline industry to it's knees would be to put a stick of dynamite up your ass. Even if and when you got stopped at security from then on they would pick one in ten people out of every flight for a rectal exam...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Why does the media always "they subdued him" whenever a terrorist his caught in the act and captured? Why not just say: the stupid motherfucker got the well-derserved living shit beat out of him.

The bright side is that all of the terrorists left in the world are RETARDS! You can thank me a little for that.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

This fuckwit should never have been on board to begin with apparently. I've heard he was on the "no-fly list." Well, at least he burned himself...

Comment

• Susie Q
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

You know, I wouldn't even TREAT this asshole at a hospital for burns. I would just let him suffer, hell I would put him in the middle of the runway and light his ass on fire. Since he was going to commit suicide anyways, help him out a bit. Trying to take out innocent human beings like that...show no mercy, I say. This may not be a politically correct statement, but in this day and age, I don't give a fuck.

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
            ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              I'm more worried about how he did this because airport security always reacts in a dumb way. If it was a blue powder they will probaby ban people from taking blue things onboard.

I've always thought the way to bring the airline industry to it's knees would be to put a stick of dynamite up your ass. Even if and when you got stopped at security from then on they would pick one in ten people out of every flight for a rectal exam...
              True... from all the knee jerk reactions from US officials I've read, they'll probably enact more security levels on domestic flights even though this guy's flight originated in Nigeria passing through Amsterdam.

Must of been some unknown chemical bomb though... appears this guy was attempting to activate it by injecting some crap strapped to his leg with a syringe. Odds are the ingredients aren't your typical bomb stuff that can be detected through conventional means...
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                This fuckwit should never have been on board to begin with apparently. I've heard he was on the "no-fly list." Well, at least he burned himself...

The problem is, your 3 year old son could be on that list. Or your 72 year old mom. The list is so fucked up it allows the honestly bad people to slip through easier.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Actually, this guy wasn't on the list although he was on some sort of terrorist suspect watch list...

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Now this is interesting...

Father of Nigerian would-be plane bomber warned US

By PAMELA HESS and MATTHEW LEE, Associated Press Writers

WASHINGTON – U.S. government officials tell The Associated Press that the Nigerian man charged with trying to destroy a jetliner came to the attention of U.S. intelligence in November when his father went to the U.S. embassy in Abuja, Nigeria, to express his concerns about his son.

A congressional official said Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a 23-year-old Nigerian, popped up in U.S. intelligence reports about four weeks ago as having a connection to both al-Qaida and Yemen.

Another government official said Abdulmutallab's father went to the embassy in Abuja with his concerns, but did not have any specific information that would put him on the "no-fly list" or on the list for additional security checks at the airport.

Neither was the information sufficient to revoke his visa to visit the United States. His visa had been granted June 2008 and was valid through June 2010. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because neither was authorized to speak to the media.

Father of Nigerian would-be plane bomber warned US - Yahoo! News

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Might raise some eyebrows as to how well the U.S. Embassy in Nigeria is functioning...
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• standin
                        Veteran
                        • Apr 2009

Can't these stupid people find a constructive way to "fight evil sin" Jeeez. Get a life fuckers.
                        on that note, grace to his father.
                        This dweeb is from Nigeria, really, and this scab is "combating" the rest of the world because of sin?
                        Nigeria, the corruption capitol of the world and that dick-weed was not fighting in his own land to rid it of corruption.
                        There's a lot of ills in this world and it can seem like a frustration, but holy tomatoes this guy must be mentally retarded to not realize how screwed up his own country is.

If he wanted to do something why didn't he set some of the corruption straight in his own country. Chicken-shit.
                        What really makes me mad is the little retarded fucker got no red flags and people like DNA doctors and McDonald's managers are red-flagged and take senators and acts of congress to clear.
                        That makes me annoyed.
                        This Motherfucker gots to be retarded to be convinced that what ever county he was targeting was worse than Nigeria, with the exception of maybe Sudan.

News flash: To all who keep files or are associated with Al-kidia, Al-kidia are now recruiting retards.
                        To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                        MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• standin
                          Veteran
                          • Apr 2009

This has to be a damned joke.

The VP of Nigia's name is

Vice President Goodluck Jonathan called a meeting of the country's security chiefs for Sunday to set up an investigative panel and try to find out more about the suspect's background and any links to foreign groups, a presidency source said.

Any one that has even looked at a file for prosecution in Nigeria knows the impossibility because of the lecherous corruption with in the police and banking.

And this dweeb is a banker's son from Nigeria. Good fucking grief.

How any one could take any person from Nigeria's banking or governmental sector and not simply decline them because they are from Nigeria's banking sector is beyond me. And this stupid SOB managed to get admitted into a University. Just unfucking real.

I know education changes a person's ability to perceive. But it wouldn't take a class A detective to grasp any one from the banking sector of Nigeria is screwed up in the head.
                          And would need kid gloves. This kid grew up under...

Umaru Mutallab, who is from the northern state of Katsina, retired as chairman of Nigeria's oldest bank, First Bank, earlier this month after a distinguished career in finance.
                          No wonder the kid is mentally retarded. His Father most likely got nervous for his own God damn welfare and is now trying to make himself look good off the back of his son's insanity. I wouldn't doubt if the last argument those two had was "Don't bother me, son. I am not that bad. Go after the Americans. They are the one's that make our country this way" And from there the cult leaders sucked the boy on in like the Neverland fairy tale faggots they are.
                          What a God be damning shame, he was never given a light to a real path of fighting the sin and corruption. He was in too deep a forest, his God damned self. He never had the chance to see.

My own personal note, anyone that does any business of any sort with Nigeria banking sector is a class A asshole and should be held in contempt themselves.
                          The only exception being to working with Nigeria banking sector would be if you are forced to by court order. Screw them corrupt lecherous freaks.

U.S. plane suspect is from prominent Nigerian family - Yahoo! News
                          To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                          MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

OFG.

Now It's Even Harder Now To Get Into The US.

LAX Are Going To Be On The Ass Even More Than Usual.(They Even Smile Now And Then).

Cant Carry Anything In Your Carry-On Bags?

How About I Just Wear The Fucking Clothes I Have.

Extra Checks?

Welcome To The US.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Al-Qaida group says it was behind jetliner attack

By EILEEN SULLIVAN and LOLITA C. BALDOR, Associated Press Writers – 2 mins ago
                              WASHINGTON – Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula on Monday claimed responsibility for the attack on a U.S. airliner bound for Detroit on Christmas Day, saying it was retaliation for a U.S. operation against the group in Yemen.
                              Federal authorities met Monday to reassess the U.S. system of terror watchlists to determine how to avoid the type of lapse that allowed a man with explosives to board the flight in Amsterdam even though he was flagged as a possible terrorist.
                              In a statement posted on the Internet, al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula said 23-year-old Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab coordinated with members of the group, an alliance of militants based in Saudi Arabia and Yemen.
                              Yemeni forces, helped by U.S. intelligence, carried out two airstrikes against al-Qaida operatives in the country this month. The second one was a day before Abdulmutallab attempted to bring down a Northwest Airlines flight as it prepared to land in Detroit.

For the rest
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...