X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • High Life Man
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

Was Brian Young on "The Larry Sanders Show"

I'm sitting here watching "The Larry Sanders Show" DVDs and noticed someone who, I think, is BY.

The episode is in Season 1 - Ep 3. It's called "Spiders".

There's a scene where Shandling is dressed as a hockey goalie, they cut to a scene where you can see the band. Is the guitarist BY?
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

He's not listed in the credits for that episode on imdb.

Credits

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

You make the call...here's the Larry Sanders Show, season 1, episode 3...called the spider. It's approximately 3:10 seconds in, and he's standing behind Steve Duchesne...the hockey player who's going to test Larry's goalie ability...

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/9JBNmmPlHXXJGz2qCI2gwA"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/9JBNmmPlHXXJGz2qCI2gwA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

3:10, and after the whoring-ass commercials...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

OH JESUS Pojo - I sat thru more than five minutes of shit to see this!!!! And there's no way to tell! I don't recognize the guitar, that's for sure.

Oh dear.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

I just think it's fucking hilarious that HLM is watching "The Larry Sanders Show" and goes, "That might be Brian Young..."

Seriously...we all have those stories as Roth fans...don't we?

Now, it's likely not him...but you see it now, and honestly say, well...that could be him 20 years ago...

Even though it's some random, long-haired-permed motherfucker...playing guitar...

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Yeah, well I just started a thread that's almost this bad......so I guess he's forgiven. YOU however, for posting the damned clip and making us sit through it - GUILTY! Bwahhaha.

Oh dear.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

C'mon...the Garry Shandling show is awesome stuff...the precursor to shows like entourage, curb your enthusiasm and arrested development...

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                  Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Barking up the wrong tree here with that. Hated each and every one of them.

Oh dear.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    C'mon...the Garry Shandling show is awesome stuff...the precursor to shows like entourage, curb your enthusiasm and arrested development...

Go back even further Pojo. No Gary Shandling had there not been a Bob Newhart.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Hated that too!

Oh dear.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        C'mon...the Garry Shandling show is awesome stuff...
                        never missed it. didn't watch much of Shandling's Showtime series though.

local Best Buy doesn't have the DVD's, i gotta Amazon 'em or something.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          never missed it. didn't watch much of Shandling's Showtime series though.

local Best Buy doesn't have the DVD's, i gotta Amazon 'em or something.
                          The first three seasons...I think...are on hulu...at least most of them...

Never liked Bob Newhart...

Comment

• lesfunk
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

doesn't look like him to me
                            http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• TheAtomicPunks
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jul 2009

Trust me..100% that's not Brian

Comment

Working...