PDA

View Full Version : The great Floyd Rose Big-Block Shootout.

Pages : [1] 2

jhale667
01-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Since over the past year and a half I've become addicted to FloydUpgrades Big-Blocks of both the Brass and Titanium variety, one of the questions I'm invariably asked is "What do they sound like? What are the differences?" Well, sometimes verbal descriptions fall short; something has to be heard to be truly appreciated, if not felt. It wasn't enough to merely tell someone how much either of them kicked ass over the standard, you really have to hear it and decide for yourself. Telling people even my DRUMMER noticed a difference was a head-turner, true :lmao: - but I wanted to document it once and for all.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/BigBlockTestday.jpg

So I decided, since I had all three types lying around (I use the Brass and the Titanium as different flavors for different applications now, and have the originals as paperweights), I have Pro Tools and am only moderately afraid to use it ;) I'd throw together my own sonic shoot out of sorts. I decided to use my Koa Warmoth Strat as the test-bed for the experiment, since she has the most even tone of all my Floyd-equipped guitars.

First order of business was to reinstall the original (eww) standard 37mm block for the "reference riff/MP3". After slapping back on the standard, I recorded two sample riffs, one slightly dirty and one balls out to get a feel for their individual characteristics in regards to open chords, palm muting, and overall dynamics. For this test I used PODfarm and Recabinet - a Marshall Plexi and Soldano emulation both running into the same Recabinet "Green 4x12" with a single 121 mic emulation. I'd then repeat the process with the other two block types- same emulations, same settings, same guitar - different block each time.

Here's the riff(s) with the Standard block:

SoundClick artist: Jay's Gearwhore - page with MP3 music downloads (http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8557826)

Once that was done, I also took the opportunity to install the FloydUpgrades Brass Spring Claw and Noiseless spring set for the two "upgraded" riff examples, as I wanted to illustrate the full tone-freak Floyd Rose overhaul process.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/clawandsprings.jpg

Those were quickly swapped out, then it was on to the Brass Block. Here's how that one went:

SoundClick artist: Jay's Gearwhore - page with MP3 music downloads (http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8557842)

You can tell in that clip the low end is now seemingly boosted, and the tone is fatter overall. Gone is the dreaded Floyd Rose "thinness" players long complained of, and note transfer seems to have improved as well. The mids seem thicker and the highs seem to have been warmed up as well, without becoming screechy. There's also a noticeable increase in sustain. Definite UPgrade.

Brass alone is impressive, (and one could certainly live with it) but - if you really want to go tonal crackhead with it, Titanium IS the push over the cliff. It is more like Brass' evil cousin. Everything Brass does, it seems to do "one louder". The sustain increase is most dramatic, making notes seem to jump off the fretboard...there's something more... aggressive about the highs too, but it's not at all harsh...check it out:

SoundClick artist: Jay's Gearwhore - page with MP3 music downloads (http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8557880)

So now at least no one has to ask me to tell them what the different advantages of the blocks are now...you can hear them for yourselves... :)

jhale667
01-03-2010, 12:49 AM
For the record I think the Brass claws are a useful addition as well. Seems as if I noticed a slight increase in the guitar's overall resonance, and I don't recall it sounding quite so good when it had the Brass Big-Block installed originally.

:guitar:

GAR
01-03-2010, 01:16 AM
If I disagree, you're gonna move this post - right?

jhale667
01-03-2010, 01:21 AM
If I disagree, you're gonna move this post - right?

No, as you well know - if it's a straight troll it gets moved...and gee, wouldn't you have had to have tried one or the other to disagree? Got an opinion based on the clips? Like the standard the best of the three? Or are you going to "disagree" just because...:rolleyes:

GAR
01-03-2010, 03:02 AM
The brass sounds more bassy and sustains better, the titanium sounds thinner but more resonant.

Not IMO worth the money or effort, if you can't play or record properly.

Diamondjimi
01-03-2010, 03:03 AM
Not IMO worth the money or effort, if you can't play or record properly.

Project much? :Loser:

jhale667
01-03-2010, 03:08 AM
Project much? :Loser:

So, in other words, for anyone other than him - it's a great idea... ;)

GAR
01-03-2010, 03:17 AM
For anyone who has the time to waste it's a fantastic idea.

jhale667
01-03-2010, 03:28 AM
But is time spent in the pursuit of improved tone time wasted? It took me 6 (at a relaxed pace, with a pizza break :hee: ) hours to pull my guitar apart the 3 times it took to do the test - including pulling the old claw and springs, and soldering in the ground for new one, as well as recording the clips and bouncing them to MP3s.

What's an afternoon if your tone is noticeably better for it?

Diamondjimi
01-03-2010, 10:34 AM
So, in other words, for anyone other than him - it's a great idea... ;)

Yup, pretty much... :biggrin:

jhale667
01-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Yup, pretty much... :biggrin:

It's a worthy investment for anyone into improving their tone. :biggrin:

Posted the shootout here and then at a couple of other gear forums; the review's gotten picked up by FloydUpgrades...and is going to be on the website...:baaa:

So yeah, STFU, GARfail, Suckdicky, all a ya's! :tongue0011:

Matt White
01-03-2010, 02:48 PM
HA!!!

Nicely done J.....

VAiN
01-03-2010, 05:13 PM
This is awesome! Thanks a lot for making the effort!

jhale667
01-03-2010, 09:17 PM
This is awesome! Thanks a lot for making the effort!

Glad you like! :baaa: People had been asking about them for a while, and I figured since I had all three types here and could knock it out in a day, why not? :cool:

jhale667
01-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Looks like it was definitely a worthwhile effort, between all the places I posted the shoot out where questions had been asked about the blocks. :D

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Shootoutday1stats.jpg

ZahZoo
01-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Jay thanks!! Great comparison ans sold me on the value of the upgrades!

Kristy
01-04-2010, 02:56 PM
And on a side note, some other great Floyd's

Floyd Little
http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/floydlittle.jpg

Pretty Boy Floyd
http://www-tc.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/dillinger/gallery/images/04.jpg

Pink Floyd
http://home.att.net/~chuckayoub/pink_floyd/pink_floyd_biography.jpg

Sgt Floyd Pepper
http://img-2.h-img.com/media/img/s/9/q/O/9qO-1580653.jpg

Floyd The Barber
http://www.kirkgreen.com/mayberry/glenn_gray-floyd.jpg

Sorry to derail, I'm in a strange, strange mood.

Nitro Express
01-04-2010, 03:05 PM
I had a guitar with a Wilkinson trem and locking tuners. It didn't sound as good as my Floyd equipped guitars. I like the sound of the old Strat bridge. I have a 72 Strat that sustains like you wouldn't believe. All my Floyd are hard down Van Halen style and just doing that beefs the tone and that how I like mine.

jhale667
01-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Adam could probably verify, but I've always heard EVH preferred the vintage Strat bridge for recording, and would switch it out with the Floyd(s) on Frankie in the studio up until like 1984 or so(?). Interestingly, the prototypes HAD big-blocks, so it wouldn't have been for that reason...different strokes. :umm:

But if you like Floyds, and want one to sound FAT as shit, Big-Blocks are it.

For the record, if not moving Kristy's post outright, I should at the very least groan her for omitting the Mayweathers Sr. and Jr. from her list of "great Floyds".

I mean, please. :biggrin:

Kristy
01-04-2010, 09:19 PM
I thought about them Hale. But c'mon, it's Floyd the Barber! The creepiest of the creepiest old man ever to be on T.V.

jhale667
01-04-2010, 09:37 PM
But c'mon, it's Floyd the Barber! The creepiest of the creepiest old man ever to be on T.V.

Until this shit hit cable, maybe... ;)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/poltergeisttemple.jpg

GAR
01-04-2010, 11:19 PM
But if you like Floyds, and want one to sound FAT as shit, Big-Blocks are it.<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G6x8GGXrCFQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G6x8GGXrCFQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If you can play like this, you rely on an amp for your tone - that way, any loss of tone from using any 2-pt pivoting (Floyd) block or 6-pt one (standard Fender classic block) is quite negligible.

jhale667
01-05-2010, 02:42 AM
If you can play like this...blah blah

Yeah...Last I heard the EVH replicas had Big-Blocks...and of course you'd scoff at people like Steve Stevens and Warren Demartini too...:tongue0011:

ULTRAMAN VH
01-05-2010, 05:08 AM
Adam could probably verify, but I've always heard EVH preferred the vintage Strat bridge for recording, and would switch it out with the Floyd(s) on Frankie in the studio up until like 1984 or so(?). Interestingly, the prototypes HAD big-blocks, so it wouldn't have been for that reason...different strokes. :umm:

But if you like Floyds, and want one to sound FAT as shit, Big-Blocks are it.

For the record, if not moving Kristy's post outright, I should at the very least groan her for omitting the Mayweathers Sr. and Jr. from her list of "great Floyds".

I mean, please. :biggrin:

Call me crazy, but during the Diver Down tour I noticed Ed's tone became very thin and the warmth he had on say the rhythm tracks for YRGM and Jamies Cryin became non exsistent. I personally blamed it on the chunk of wood carved out of Frankie to accomodate the Floyd. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

jhale667
01-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Call me crazy, but during the Diver Down tour I noticed Ed's tone became very thin and the warmth he had on say the rhythm tracks for YRGM and Jamies Cryin became non exsistent. I personally blamed it on the chunk of wood carved out of Frankie to accomodate the Floyd. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Crazy. ;) And will correct you because you are indeed wrong. :biggrin: The standard Floyd rout is not that much bigger than a vintage Strat bridge, so no "chunk" of wood removed (that story refers to the Shark mutilation).

jackassrock
01-05-2010, 10:08 AM
I like the brass one best too.

Blackflag
01-06-2010, 02:44 AM
Am I the only one that thinks the tone in all three sucks? If you're interested in tone, drop the floyd rose.

jhale667
01-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Am I the only one that thinks the tone in all three sucks?

You're one of maybe two people out of a thousand or so to listen thus far...so, yeah -and since you're both trolls, does your opinion even count? :biggrin:

If you're interested in tone, drop the floyd rose.

Yeah, tell that to EVH and about a zillion other guitarists, Floyd-hater. :rolleyes:

Blackflag
01-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but his best tones were without the floyd. And now that hes devoted, how is his tone?

jhale667
01-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but his best tones were without the floyd.

Depends on if the rumors of him switching out the Floyd for recording up until '84 are true...

And now that hes devoted, how is his tone?

Any qualms I'd have with his tone these days would have more to do with the current amp, wouldn't you agree?

Blackflag
01-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Depends on if the rumors of him switching out the Floyd for recording up until '84 are true...

You know the answer to that.

Any qualms I'd have with his tone these days would have more to do with the current amp, wouldn't you agree?

I'd say 40/60, the amps and those lifeless shit basswood guitars he's been using.

jhale667
01-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah, not sure even a Big-Block can help (B)asswood, that's for sure...:umm:

indeedido
01-06-2010, 03:30 PM
His tone for the last decade plus has been from his amps not his wonderful fingers. He is relying on the hi gain amps, and I feel he is lazy. He doesn't want to work as hard to push a plexi and pound on the strings. I doubt he hits the strings half as hard as he used to. I like the original 5150 for heavy stuff but not VH. Absoutely hate the 5150 III. What a horrible tone he had with VHIII. I can't blame the guitar, but I will blame the amp choice.

jhale667
01-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Just driving a point home...

http://www.rotharmy.com/gallery/files/5/8/08_size_up_thumb.jpg (http://www.rotharmy.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=3558&c=3)

Just wait until you hear it (y'know, even more like "in the room")... :killer:

Coyote
01-06-2010, 09:12 PM
My anticipation grows on a day-to-day basis. :smoke:

GAR
01-06-2010, 11:50 PM
I just saw the pics - nice Coyote!

Blackflag
01-07-2010, 12:17 AM
His tone for the last decade plus has been from his amps not his wonderful fingers. He is relying on the hi gain amps, and I feel he is lazy. He doesn't want to work as hard to push a plexi and pound on the strings. I doubt he hits the strings half as hard as he used to. I like the original 5150 for heavy stuff but not VH. Absoutely hate the 5150 III. What a horrible tone he had with VHIII. I can't blame the guitar, but I will blame the amp choice.

Those evh/wolfgang guitars have shit tone. You can't really discount that.

jhale667
01-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Never liked the MusicMans, much less the Peaveys, haven't tried an FMIC one yet. I know the Frankie replicas supposedly have the Brass Big-Block but not sure about the production ones.

Blackflag
01-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Never liked the MusicMans, much less the Peaveys, haven't tried an FMIC one yet. I know the Frankie replicas supposedly have the Brass Big-Block but not sure about the production ones.

Dude, think of all the recordings you can think of, then ask yourself what kind of bridge they're using. Fuck, you're thick.

GAR
01-07-2010, 12:42 AM
That's a good point: Ed hasn't used a big-block tremolo live or recorded.

The only big-block currently in his employ in the shape of his head.

Blackflag
01-07-2010, 01:01 AM
I have a creepy little nephew who's half-retarded and sits around picking his nose all day... he said what he wanted more than anything was a guitar with a "floyd rose."

I told him to go fuck himself.

jhale667
01-07-2010, 09:40 AM
What a supportive, encouraging uncle you are. :rolleyes:

However, IF it's the kid's first guitar, Floyd = bad idea. A bridge that's finicky about tuning in the hands of a kid still learning to tune? Uh, no.

Seshmeister
01-07-2010, 09:45 AM
I have a creepy little nephew who's half-retarded and sits around picking his nose all day... he said what he wanted more than anything was a guitar with a "floyd rose."

I told him to go fuck himself.

You should get him a banjo.

jhale667
01-07-2010, 10:15 AM
You should get him a banjo.

http://www.canigetaverdict2.com/wp-content/Cimy_User_Extra_Fields/cpalkowski/deliverance_banjo.jpg

:hee:

GAR
01-07-2010, 10:27 AM
If a brass block like this costs me $4 bucks in materials, I shouldn't have more than double that in labor.

That's $12 bucks, for a maybe-good idea. For a product giving some people who wanna tear their bridge apart an all afternoon tinkering thrill not unlike pissing in a wetsuit (warm feeling nobody will every notice but yourself).

If I get 200 percent markup wholesale on that 12, I'm doing pretty good at $36 so I'd say he's got it priced about right.

The Titanium is another story however.

jhale667
01-07-2010, 10:49 AM
giving some people thrill not unlike pissing in a wetsuit (warm feeling nobody will every notice but yourself).

This from the guy who doesn't even play anymore, has never tried one, and doesn't know...
Again, you're seriously in the minority on that opinion. The response to this has been 99% positive.

Way T.M.I. with admitting you're into pissing yourself, btw... :barf:

GAR
01-07-2010, 11:25 AM
This from the guy who doesn't even play anymore, has never tried one, and doesn't know...

Brass blocks came out in 1979, when I tried them on a brass Stars Guitars replacement as marketed by DiMarzio.

When was the last time you rode a bike, Jay? Gee I can't remember myself - year maybe? Guess I'll forget how to pedal and balance if I was so fucking stupid and dyslexic to my physical surroundings like you.

Maybe you're right: chord shapes, scales and tunings, if you don't play a year or more you're FUCKED from ever doing it again according to JayNIUS here. I can't remember which key I use off my two-key keyring sometimes to get in the gate so according to Jay's reasoning I should call a locksmith to get inside..

Again, you're seriously in the minority on that opinion. The response to this has been 99% positive.

My bitch is that the benefits and cost approaches snake-oil level promising, and I don't like that aspect.

Way T.M.I. with admitting you're into pissing yourself, btw... :barf:

What are the chances you will ever see the surf with a board this year? Bout the same as last year.. ZERO?

jhale667
01-07-2010, 11:59 AM
What are the chances you will ever see the surf with a board this year? Bout the same as last year.. ZERO?

Yeah, statistically probably about the same as you posting a picture of your gear, or ever making a legitimate claim...?

STFU and get back in the woodshed, quitter. Get back to us when you've got the "Iwato" scale down.... :dafinger:

The review's been posted on the FU site now, btw...so -F.U. :biggrin:

GAR
01-07-2010, 11:06 PM
uhhh "FU Site" huhuhuhuhuhuh...? come hither!

Diamondjimi
01-08-2010, 09:22 PM
I have a creepy little nephew who's half-retarded and sits around picking his nose all day...

Not surprised with the fact that mental retardation runs in your DNA pool... :lmao:

jhale667
01-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Schedules permitting, will be meeting up with Adam from FloydUpgrades at NAMM this week, will see if I can get the scoop on any new products...or perhaps beta-test a few of the new block materials he's talking about...

jhale667
02-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Block BUMP. :D

Just got an email from a longtime friend and guitarist who after hearing how jazzed I was about them, tried a Brass Block in his new Charvel:

Yes its awesome, open chords just bust out. Best thing Ive done to a Floyd for sure!!

Another completely hilarious quote from another gear forum:

I'm now seriously G.A.S.sing for a Ti Big-Block, and I'm blaming YOU, Jhale!

Sorry! :lmao:

jhale667
02-26-2010, 06:35 PM
This was bump-worthy, for anyone who blocks their trem for dive-only use...and ya want some extra tone-generating contact action...Brass Stoppers. :cool:

http://floydupgrades.com/images/tremolostoppers/BrassTremoloStopper800.jpg

Brass Tremolo Stopper [TRS003] - $24.95 : FloydUpgrades.com!, Floyd Rose Tremolo Upgrades (http://floydupgrades.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=215)

I personally like floating Floyds, but if I did block 'em for dive-only this would be (and I imagine is) the shit. There's more (bigger) new stuff coming, can't spill the beans just yet... ;)

Diamondjimi
02-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Simple, yet cool design. For years I've been using a thin wedge glued in place.
Gonna look into gettin one of these.
I'm also a floating bridge fan, but I like to keep a couple blocked. For, you know, insurance purposes... ;)

jhale667
02-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I used a homemade wedge deal forever for setups, but those are pretty cool...I'm throwing one of the regular ones in my Koa Strat for travel and setups, but would totally use the brass ones if I did decide to block something for dive-only someday.. :D

Diamondjimi
02-26-2010, 07:51 PM
How much are they?

Does F.R.U. have distributors or is it buy direct only?

Diamondjimi
02-26-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm throwing one of the regular ones in my Koa Strat for travel and setups,

For setups... a good sales angle. Setting up a "floater" can be a pain in the ass without an accurate wedge or this type of gizmo.
I'm sure GARfail designed this years ago, but (you know) could'nt raise the capitol to market the thing... :lmao:

Seshmeister
02-26-2010, 08:18 PM
I've been following this thread for a while and I applaud the absolute crazy nerdiness of it.

I honestly don't mean that in a bad way. :)

jhale667
02-26-2010, 09:38 PM
How much are they?

Does F.R.U. have distributors or is it buy direct only?

Brass ones are like $25, the standard one is cheaper...you can buy directly through his site...

http://www.floydupgrades.com

I've been following this thread for a while and I applaud the absolute crazy nerdiness of it.

I honestly don't mean that in a bad way. :)

Thanks. I think. ;)

Nitro Express
02-27-2010, 03:05 AM
Ed has recorded with so many guitars. No Floyd at all on VH I and VH II.

jhale667
02-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Recorded with the Brass-block equipped Strat for the first time post Brass Claw install today, and am now officially convinced any contact point in the system should be made of tone-enhancing materials. My guitars are so resonant now it's crazy, I just love the response I'm getting from them now. Each one's individual personality is enhanced (or augmented in the case of the Koa/Ti combo) to the Nth degree, makes for a very enjoyable playing experience. :killer:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Big-Blockedbitchessm.jpg

Ed has recorded with so many guitars. No Floyd at all on VH I and VH II.

Haven't confirmed it 100% but pretty sure he's Big-Blocking his shit these days...

Coyote
03-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Dammit, J! Now I'm thinking 'bout getting a Brass Claw... :biggrin:

Seshmeister
03-01-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm thinking of getting a titanium hand. :)

jhale667
03-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Dammit, J! Now I'm thinking 'bout getting a Brass Claw... :biggrin:

Do it! :D

jhale667
03-05-2010, 01:44 AM
OK, based on my initial experience with the Brass Claws, installing them in everything I own with a tremolo, even my "Traditional" builds with Fender American Vintage Bridges...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Stratsisters.jpg

And of course the No. 2 as well as the Kramer rebuilds...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/No2paintmedammit.jpg

It's funny, now I'm kind of even more on the fence about the Noiseless Springs...on the one hand they DO eliminate some of the extraneous howl you'd get from say, your belt-buckle scraping against the springs as you play standing up, whatever - but I was fucking around with intentional spring-scrape noises ala "Intruder" this evening on No. 1 (Brass claw, Brass Big-Block, regular springs) and HOLY CRAP it rings like crazy in a good way... :killer:

So I'm thinking, if you wanted to get that anal about it, Noiseless Springs for recording, standard for live work... :D

GAR
03-08-2010, 04:51 AM
So I'm thinking, if you wanted to get that anal about it, Noiseless Springs for recording, standard for live work... :D

Any live work Jay's done in the past has always been noiseless, so long as that cartage dolly bearings weren't shot...

Coyote
03-08-2010, 06:04 AM
It's funny, now I'm kind of even more on the fence about the Noiseless Springs...on the one hand they DO eliminate some of the extraneous howl you'd get from say, your belt-buckle scraping against the springs as you play standing up, whatever - but I was fucking around with intentional spring-scrape noises ala "Intruder" this evening on No. 1 (Brass claw, Brass Big-Block, regular springs) and HOLY CRAP it rings like crazy in a good way... :killer:

Or slap in two Noiseless and one regular...

jhale667
03-08-2010, 09:33 AM
It was so much nicer around here when the library was closed...

Any live work Jay's done in the past has always been noiseless, so long as that cartage dolly bearings weren't shot...

And any live work you (allegedly) did was at least 15 years ago, so STFU. :fufu:

jhale667
03-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Or slap in two Noiseless and one regular...

There's a thought...:baaa: maybe make the two outer springs Noiseless and the middle one be the standard, for when you WANT to make the moose-sounds...:biggrin:

In other news, another batch of Brass claws showed up yesterday, time to start swapping 'em out... :D

jhale667
03-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Installed the Brass claw in the first vintage-trem Strat (the Sunburst one in the above pic, for those keeping score ;) ) last night...nice! Seems open chords "ring" a little more with them, there's a little more "chime"...these aren't just for Floyds! :)

If you think about it, that's probably the most overlooked part in any tremolo system, can't name another one that isn't made out of who-knows-what...(?) but using one made from brass does IMO add something subtle but noticeable to the resonance of any trem system...Floyd or Vintage...

jhale667
03-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Did the claw upgrade on the Purple Strat this morning, same if not better results...actually remembered to do a wiring diagram of the Eric Johnson tone mod while I had it apart (iffy volume potentiometer change-out done, too), so next time someone asks how it's done I don't have to take my guitar apart to show them, but that's another story...

Then I moved on to a restring and setup on the Koa Strat, and installed the Stainless Steel hardware...very nice! :baaa:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Stainlesssm.jpg

jhale667
03-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Here's a cool review none other than Steve Stevens himself posted over at Huge Rigs...

HRI &bull; View topic - Floyd Upgrades (http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67198)

"Hey Fellow Geetar Playa's
I recently upgraded my Gotoh equipped Suhr Modern with the full on titanium upgrade courtesy of Adam Reiver at Floyd Upgrades.floydupgrades.com/. It's quite the chunk of change for the full deal, but this guitar is now so sonically pure, it's almost stealth. It really truly made one huge difference. I am bringing only 1 wang bar guitar on tour for Billy Idol 2010. I figured just bring the best. Through my rig, just tapping on this geetar now makes the earth shake."

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/SSTiSetup.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/SSTiSetupII.jpg

Similar setup as Demartini, it appears...Ti saddles and a Brass block... :rock:

Blackflag
03-30-2010, 11:39 PM
I like Steve Stevens' playing.

But I still hate this fucking thread. You know what's "sonically pure?" Fixed bridge.

jhale667
03-31-2010, 12:52 AM
I like Steve Stevens' playing.

A rare moment of you showing some taste...

But I still hate this fucking thread.

Over all too soon. :rolleyes: Ironically no one cares that you hate this thread - still.

Diamondjimi
03-31-2010, 01:07 AM
It's no different J. (BF's opinion on tailpieces)...

Some people can only drive automatic cars, and some can drive standard and automatic...

GAR
03-31-2010, 01:17 AM
I can't believe the size of those string clamps - they are fucking MASSIVE.

What's odd here, is = titanium is half the weight of steel or something? But these things are twice the size of the original things.. what thee fwokk is up with that?

I thought we were on about weight savings here and clearly now that I see this thing up close that's not the case at all. In fact, you add weight with that stupid big brass block, of which reason I dont get at all.

jhale667
03-31-2010, 01:23 AM
I can't believe the size of those string clamps - they are fucking MASSIVE.

What's odd here, is = titanium is half the weight of steel or something? But these things are twice the size of the original things.. what thee fwokk is up with that?

The round inserts hold the string better than the original type. And you can crank them down harder because they're Ti...

I dont get at all.

Much like a neutered dog... :hee:

GAR
03-31-2010, 01:34 AM
I like the round inserts dont get me wrong, but they're huge logs.

Have you ever weighed the original vs your Frankenstein concoction of a bridge in a weight comparison yet?

The socalled lite Ti bridge doesn't appear so lite at all now that I see it.

He's less of a machinist that I thought.. my idea was to make the bridge lighter and clearly this was not the case: the idea here was to make a big fucking chunk of metal you could really really crank down a little defenseless 4mm Allen wrench down onto with your hamfisted dainties and not break the clamp lock.

No wonder Floyd came up with a Ti version.. this guy couldn't do it correctly which would be to make the blocks at least original size or smaller.

The whole "smaller / lighter / faster resonance" concept seems lost on this fella. Good luck to him with that.

Hardrock69
03-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Why don't you fucking leave your goddam cardboard box under the 405 and go tell Floyd how to fucking make his fucking products, Mr. Expert! :hee:

GAR
03-31-2010, 01:58 AM
Adam doesn't work for Floyd.

Try to follow the topic?

Hardrock69
03-31-2010, 02:14 AM
Pot calling the kettle black?

This thread was not about what YOU would do when manufacturing ANY kind of guitar parts, loser.

So go find Adam and tell him he is making it wrong, then go back to blowing your crusty old wino/junkie friends under the 405. :fufu:

Diamondjimi
03-31-2010, 02:23 AM
Has anyone EVER asked GARfail what he thinks, or asked him for his opinion???

Narcissistic, vertically challenged, balding Trolls should keep their suckholes shut, unless asked otherwise!

Diamondjimi
03-31-2010, 02:25 AM
So go find Adam and tell him he is making it wrong, then go back to blowing your crusty old wino/junkie friends under the 405. :fufu:

Adam would probably do the sensible thing and put his cigarette out in GAR's eye and tell him to go fuck himself....

I know I would!

jhale667
03-31-2010, 09:54 AM
Amazing how the most uninformed poster in this forum runs his mouth the most...but it sure is funny to watch him dig himself a hole...

He's less of a machinist that I thought..

You're not paid to think. Next! :biggrin:

my idea was

Nothing anyone cared about. Next!~

this guy couldn't do it correctly which would be to make the blocks at least original size or smaller.

"Couldn't do it correctly"? You're a moron. Smaller?? Can you just STFU already?

The whole "smaller / lighter / faster resonance" concept seems lost on this fella.

And EVH, and Warren Demartini, and Steve Stevens et al...do yourself a favor: QUIT while you're behind.

Good luck to him with that.

Yeah, he's doing just fine, obviously.

Adam doesn't work for Floyd.

He did for years, oh ye of minimal knowledge and challenged intellect. That's where he was when I originally met him.

Funny how he didn't ask YOU to test his forthcoming prototypes, there Mr. Ideas...oopsie, I got that call (and honor)...sucks to be you! :lmao:

Blackflag
03-31-2010, 01:23 PM
It's no different J. (BF's opinion on tailpieces)...

Some people can only drive automatic cars, and some can drive standard and automatic...

I used to say only women drove automatics. I guess it's women and Canadians.

Diamondjimi
03-31-2010, 04:56 PM
And only a jackass would talk smack about the greatest innovation for the guitar since the invention of the tune o matic bridge. :Loser:

Blackflag
03-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Go drive your automatic transmission, pussy. Let me guess - Hyundai?

jhale667
03-31-2010, 05:28 PM
And only a jackass would talk smack about the greatest innovation for the guitar since the invention of the tune o matic bridge. :Loser:

Exactly, exactly....trolling this thread says ONE thing:

I ♥ cock!!!

We know. STFU. :Loser:

Blackflag
03-31-2010, 05:29 PM
You're projecting again.

Hale is just pissed because he drives a Hyundai.

Diamondjimi
03-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Go drive your automatic transmission, pussy. Let me guess - Hyundai?

Sorry Bitch. I drive green!

http://englishrussia.com/images/car.jpg

Blackflag
03-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Nice wheels, dickhead.

jhale667
03-31-2010, 06:14 PM
You're projecting again.

Hale is just pissed because he drives a Hyundai.

You're just pissed because I get better MPG...and can operate a tremolo bar without sounding like cats fighting, unlike you. :tongue0011:

Blackflag
03-31-2010, 06:15 PM
What's fuel economy?

You playing with the tremolo bar is just how you take your your phallic frustration.

Hardrock69
03-31-2010, 09:37 PM
ButtFag and Garfuckle need to go get a motel room.

Diamondjimi
03-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Nice wheels, dickhead.

Thanks. A bail of hay and yer 'ol lady will pull all day...

jhale667
03-31-2010, 11:47 PM
You playing with the tremolo bar is just how you take your your phallic frustration.

My my? What what? :lmao:

Mine's bigger. And Titanium-enhanced. :tongue0011:

Blackflag
03-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Yeah, point out my typos. Real mature, Hale.

jhale667
04-01-2010, 12:08 AM
So's trolling a thread you have no interest in. :dafinger:

Blackflag
04-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Go to hell, trem-user.

jhale667
04-01-2010, 09:38 AM
As usual, those who can't, bitch...you're pathetic.

Go to hell, trem-user.

I tried, but you lock the door when you leave...:fufu:

Blackflag
04-02-2010, 10:43 PM
As usual, those who can't, bitch...you're pathetic.

I used a bigsby once. Then I felt all dirty afterwards.

jhale667
04-02-2010, 10:49 PM

Sounds like a personal problem. :biggrin:

Blackflag
04-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Actually, it's a problem with using trems because you're not good enough to play without them.

Diamondjimi
04-02-2010, 10:52 PM

The bar is not meant for "suitcasing"... :Loser:

Blackflag
04-02-2010, 10:57 PM
I don't even know what that means. :confused:

jhale667
04-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Actually, it's a problem with using trems because you're not good enough to play without them.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that... you sad little man. :biggrin:
That's an absolutely retarded statement; you should be embarrassed you even posted that tripe.

A typical envious hack premise...sounds more like someone's projecting their own jealousy (again)...:lmao:

Blackflag
04-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Those who can - do. Those who can't - teach. Those who can't teach - do cheesy divebomb bullshit with tremolos on thin-sounding guitars.

Deal with it.

jhale667
04-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Clearly you can't - and you're posts are (even more) laughable now. Deal with that. :rolleyes:

Yep, serious, old-school

http://www.lnf.infn.it/conference/duality05/projector.jpg

:lmao:

Blackflag
04-02-2010, 11:32 PM
And what are you? "New" school? Please.

jhale667
04-02-2010, 11:37 PM
And what are you? "New" school? Please.

http://z.about.com/d/pediatrics/1/5/F/N/crying_baby.jpg

Give it up.

Blackflag
04-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Trems? I did. When I was a teenager.

GAR
04-03-2010, 12:12 AM
I gave up on trems although I installed a Kahler, I kept the bar off.

Then Eric Johnson came up, and I saw a show sitting 4 feet in front of him. He used the bar backwards to raise the pitch, which was a thing I did on my own practicing noises but not with a band.

After seeing him put it together like that, I put the bar back in and started using it but more sparingly - without the Adrian Belew elephant noises, Jeff Beck catwahwah growls and VH bombs.

And most people aren't aware of this but I have to mention it, Kahler USA was the first manufacture to actually offer a trem in many different types of solid metals:

Aluminum
Brass
Stainless Steel
.. and solid copper, which didn't sell well but was a heavy piece. I only saw one, and it was at the factory in Anaheim.

Now then to my point, if you really must fall for this Titanium stuff with the exhorbitant pricing, you have what I'd call "dumbos magic feather-itis" for lack of a better term.. meaning, the motivation is psychosomatic of a larger problem of not being able to play well.

It's true many known players are starting to try these things out, but they already played well before they tried them.

And if you notice such great improvements in your playing and tone after installing this gimmick, I predict these gains will be short lived as the euphoria dies down and you go back to your normal program of work throughout the week, coming home to a fridge full of beers plopping your fat ass across the sofa with a fucking Xbox controller. Or TV remote. Because as Blackflag states, you probably are relying on the bar too much, and that's not music and it sure isn't practicing either.

jhale667
04-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I predict these gains will be short lived

FAIL.

And we all know how accurate your predictions are...:rolleyes: So, the couch, Xbox and beer is your thing? Sad. Get a life. Learn to play, and quit crying because other people can.
Hmm...been using them going on two years now? Turned how many people on to them? Still a believer. And (clearly unlike both of you idiots) we all know really real players (myself included) don't need magic talismans to play, thanks. :D

But anyone who discounts someone else for pursuing tonal improvements? Idiot, plain and simple.

Remember, folks - haters are just confused admirers....:lmao:

jhale667
04-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Because as Blackflag states, you probably are relying on the bar too much, and that's not music and it sure isn't practicing either.

:lol:
Here's where you guys show you are epic hammerheads. Narrow-minded, short-sighted, sad little trolls. And why you are both my bitches. :D

Here's the concept you can't wrap your little troll mind around - the tonal improvements are OVERALL, idiots.

It has NOTHING to do with even using, much less "relying on" the bar. So there goes troll theory number whatever...:tongue0011:

I predict ...

You will make an ass out of yourself yet again? :hee:

Blackflag
04-03-2010, 02:45 PM
One question. Have you ever seen Billy Gibbons use a trem bar?

WWBGD.

Coyote
04-03-2010, 03:31 PM

WWBGD.

Ever seen Willy G use a straight up stock guitar?

Diamondjimi
04-03-2010, 03:40 PM

WWBGD.

No..... I'm sure they're just for decoration... :rolleyes:

http://www.virtualubbock.com/Images/SPGibbons2.jpg

http://www.woodytone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/gibbons_billy_vh1storytellers_goldbb.jpg

jhale667
04-03-2010, 03:43 PM

WWBGD.

He swings...he misses...:lmao:

LoungeMachine
04-03-2010, 03:54 PM
He swings...he misses...:lmao:

missed it by that much....

:gulp:

priceless

Blackflag
04-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Tell me a ZZ song where there's trem.

*crickets*

LoungeMachine
04-03-2010, 06:18 PM

WWBGD.

*crickets*

ZZ TOP?

You said Billy Gibbons never used a trem.

Now you're changing it to Billy Gibbons while playing ZZ Top songs?

:gulp:

Diamondjimi
04-03-2010, 06:19 PM

*crickets*
Jesus just left Chicago".

Cuntrary to your beliefs, not all guitarists use the bar for dive bombs.

See below...

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-exzvfUH_mU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-exzvfUH_mU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

jhale667
04-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Jesus just left Chicago".

Cuntrary to your beliefs, not all guitarists use the bar for dive bombs.

Facts lost on the troll twins. GARfuckle just tried to bag on JEFF BECK's tremolo technique (which is punishable by death in certain countries, I believe - And rightly so). FFS ....:rolleyes:

Let's predict Buttflap's next whine:

"But that's a standard trem, I was talking about Floyd Roses..."...:cry:

Buttflap is supposedly going to see Beck live soon...one imagines him closing his eyes and going "LALALALALALALALA" every time JB goes for the bar...:D

Blackflag
04-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Look, haters...I'll give you an easier question since you got the last one wrong.

Who was better: Brad Gillis or Jeff Watson?

Jeff Watson. QED.

chefcraig
04-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Ever seen Willy G use a straight up stock guitar?

Wasn't the original Pearly Gates an off the shelf model? I'm asking because I always assumed that was the case.

You can find a neat selection of some of Billy's guitars at this site (http://www.celebrityrockstarguitars.com/rock/zztop.htm).

jhale667
04-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Uh, more like...

Look, haters...I'll give you another stupid question since I got the last one wrong.

Night Ranger?? That's where you're taking this? :lmao:

Who got the Ozzy gig? :D

jhale667
04-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Wasn't the original Pearly Gates an off the shelf model? I'm asking because I always assumed that was the case.

You can find a neat selection of some of Billy's guitars at this site (http://www.celebrityrockstarguitars.com/rock/zztop.htm).

Pretty sure it was indeed stock...

Diamondjimi
04-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Look, haters...I'll give you an easier question since you got the last one wrong.

Jeff Watson. QED.

Uh, more like...

Night Ranger?? That's where you're taking this? :lmao:

Who got the Ozzy gig? :D

Nuff said!:biggrin:

jhale667
04-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I suppose Buttflap and GAyR will also attempt to dispute the full-page review (and video) of the FU Big-Blocks in this month's Guitar World Magazine as well? :D

Quick quote: "...the improvement in tone and sustain was nothing short of miraculous."

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs367.snc3/23628_410455468973_68093208973_5091876_2023575_n.j pg
Page 152. Read it and weep, haters. :killer:

jhale667
04-03-2010, 10:22 PM
I'll post the full review when it shows up online, but here's another good one:

"The Titanium block I tested approximately doubled the guitar's sustain, and the entire frequency spectrum became more intense. Note definition and focus were vastly improved, and previously unheard overtones gushed through the speakers."

Gee, think he liked them? :D

Blackflag
04-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm sorry, did you just say spamming?

You've been shilling for a company that doesn't pay to advertise in the forum for how long now?

Spamming? You're worse than the chinamen who come in and spam with their bootleg dvd's, for fuck's sake. They only get one post before they're gone.

jhale667
04-03-2010, 10:54 PM
You've been shilling...

Wrong. I've been talking about something I use, and recommend. Others here are trying them.

You've been posting pictures of dudes in thongs. Big difference. :rolleyes:

You're just mad because the GW reviewer agrees with me. :lmao:

Blackflag
04-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Wrong. I've been talking about something I use, and recommend. Others here are trying them.

Others here are trying them means your shilling has led to sales.

People pay for advertising, dumbass. Why doesn't your leech friend help with the forum upgrades?

You're just mad because the GW reviewer agrees with me. :lmao:

The difference is - the GW reviewer is probably getting some remuneration for his shilling, and you're not. Clown.:hee:

chefcraig
04-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Not to derail this thread (if that is even possible) but that GW cover reminded me that one of the more surprising tracks on that new Slash album is indeed the tune he cut with M. Shadows. Maybe it has to do with the vocals to an extent, but the guitar parts that Slash came up with really do justice to what could be an Avenged Sevenfold tune. And yes, I mean that as a compliment.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VVWpJrGVcIo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VVWpJrGVcIo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Blackflag
04-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Does Slash use a trem?

Diamondjimi
04-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Does Slash use a trem?

On occasion.... :Loser:

http://i.yngwie.ru/slash-geetar.jpg

Blackflag
04-03-2010, 11:22 PM
That's not Slash - that's Hale. I've seen his hairdo.

chefcraig
04-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Does Slash use a trem?

I dunno...but on that (otherwise) terrific Bad Co. Live DVD from a few years back, during the tune "Wishing Well", he did that routine where you grab the headstock for a similar whammy bar (Christ, I hate that term) effect, and successfully put his guitar out of tune for the rest of the song. He motions to BC guitarist Dave Colwell about the situation, yet struggled admirably through the rest of the way (as you can hear). As a result, even though he played chorded support, he appeared nowhere in the mix during his rhythm parts.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J8OfaKMsm3A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J8OfaKMsm3A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Blackflag
04-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Bending the neck is some dumb-ass shit.

chefcraig
04-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Bending the neck is some dumb-ass shit.

No kidding. What might have sounded really cool in the garage the first couple times becomes really embarrassing when you pull it in front of people that one time too many, and the screws at the back of the neck say "Enough of this shit" and you are suddenly standing there on stage, looking like you are about to assemble a small clothesline or television antennae.

hideyoursheep
04-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Does BlackFlag use a trem?

Blackflag
04-04-2010, 01:03 AM
Daily.

jhale667
04-04-2010, 01:24 AM
That's not Slash - that's Hale. I've seen his hairdo.

I'm gonna kick your ass, man!!!! :lmao:

jhale667
04-04-2010, 03:25 AM
So...to clarify, when I eventually start a thread about doing a magnet conversion w/ a Duncan Custom to make it a Custom 8, if someone else does it, will I then be accused of "shilling"? Just want to be clear...

"Don't anyone else try this cool thing like I did...." :lmao:

Diamondjimi
04-04-2010, 03:55 AM
No kidding. What might have sounded really cool in the garage the first couple times becomes really embarrassing when you pull it in front of people that one time too many, and the screws at the back of the neck say "Enough of this shit" and you are suddenly standing there on stage, looking like you are about to assemble a small clothesline or television antennae.

Not always a good idea with a bolt on neck. Regardless, as a rule of thumb, I always re-snug the neck bolts with every string change.

Now if it's a Charvette....... bend the fucker 'till it snaps and throw it in the fire where it belongs..... :cough:GAR:cough:... :clown:

Coyote
04-04-2010, 04:50 AM

Which it is...
But I'd say his is a fluke, since it had the "right" glue/wood/hardware/mojo factory fresh. ;)

jhale667
04-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Which it is...
But I'd say his is a fluke, since it had the "right" glue/wood/hardware/mojo factory fresh. ;)

Yup...and probably sounded slightly if not completely different from the ones in front of and behind it on the assembly line... :D

chefcraig
04-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Yup...and probably sounded slightly if not completely different from the ones in front of and behind it on the assembly line... :D

Really...Gibbons must feel like the guy that bought the one car out of the American Motors factory that didn't need to be rebuilt from the tires up just to make it roll down the driveway without the mirrors falling off or the transmission dumping it's contents onto the sidewalk. :)

Blackflag
04-04-2010, 04:07 PM
So...to clarify, when I eventually start a thread about doing a magnet conversion w/ a Duncan Custom to make it a Custom 8, if someone else does it, will I then be accused of "shilling"? Just want to be clear...

Depends. Do you have a friend at Duncan instructing you how to do it? Are they selling Custom conversion kits?

http://thm-a02.yimg.com/nimage/556b0c6965a58ade

Diamondjimi
04-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Depends. Do you have a friend at Duncan instructing you how to do it? Are they selling Custom conversion kits?

http://thm-a02.yimg.com/nimage/556b0c6965a58ade

Any gearhead knows this stuff. It's basically the same procedure for reversing a Pup's magnetic polarity.
Pay attention now...
(Loosen the bobbin screws, slide the magnet out and re-insert it 180 degree's (lengthwise), tighten screws... yer done!)

Main difference being that Jay is swapping the magnet (of a dif. strength value) from another PU to make (and equal) a particular model by Duncan...

Why would he need someone @ Duncan instructing him how to do it?

It's all mathmatics...

GAR
04-04-2010, 05:06 PM
What's "mathematical" about moving a magnet around?

Diamondjimi
04-04-2010, 05:59 PM

Now pay attention Boy...

Measuring and calculating "said" pickups and magnets number values will determine the outcome of new "hybrid" pickup...

It all boils down to MATHEMATICS, Dumbass! :Loser:

Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mathematics+for+Trolls)

jhale667
04-04-2010, 08:06 PM
"Do they sell conversion kits?" :lmao: FAIL!

Knowing what number magnet to use...duh.... :rolleyes:

Blackflag
04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Apparently, nobody has taught Hale what a rhetorical question is yet.

Diamondjimi
04-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Seems like GAR is on suspension from Google.com! :biggrin:

jhale667
04-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Apparently, nobody has taught Hale what a rhetorical question is yet.

Much like you haven't learned what an idiotic one is, which is why you're still stinking up the place with your bullshit.

Don't appreciate Big Blocks, magnet switches or tonal upgrades in general? GTFO of this thread and forum. :fufu:

Diamondjimi
04-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Much like you haven't learned what an idiotic one is, which is why you're still stinking up the place with your bullshit.

Don't appreciate Big Blocks, magnet switches or tonal upgrades in general? GTFO of this thread and forum. :fufu:

Exactly!

GAR
04-04-2010, 08:21 PM
"Do they sell conversion kits?" :lmao: FAIL!

Knowing what number magnet to use...duh.... :rolleyes:

Let me fill you in on something non-Floyd here since you insist the derailment to continue:

Magnets regardless of metallurgical content, must be magnetized before they are "magnetic."

One thing Duncan does best that nobody else does, is calibrating said magnet within a specific strength measured in "gauss."

Now if you wanna be precise about a pickup, it just isn't good enough to specify "A2, A5, A8" whatever alnico you think you want. You have to magnetize it.

Duncan's got this thing I've mentioned many times before called "Dun-Aging" which is basically a small transformer energized then placed within the candidate magnet bar or pole you want to use, then brought within range for a time, then pulled away and remeasured with a Gaussmeter.

He's got it to where he knocks the strength down to the desired range, because modern formula Alnicos across the range have greater magnetism than they did in the original days.

Gauss is the once specification not published in any pickup maker's list, because dumbass players have no knowledge to interpret it, and anyway it's trade secret.

The only way to do this is and get it right, is to play with it over and over and over, rediscovering what strength loss has occurred from a 50 year old humbucker or what have you, then tabling those results within a range to pinpoint a most-desired strength to be used.

You just don't fucking go "uh I want an Alnico 5 magnet and two coils wound about 5,500 ohm with heavy-build 43 gauge Formvar magnet wire."

A magnet supplier only sends you pieces magnetized, or unmagnetized (tropic / isotropic). It could have 10% or 300% the strength you want, and it could sound like shit but THATS OKAY.. innit?

Diamondjimi
04-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Googletroll swings!!!

GAR
04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Googletroll swings!!!

Sorry, I'm not bent that way but I respect your preferences regardless.

Blackflag
04-04-2010, 08:27 PM

I will as soon as you stop using the forum for your personal shilling, nimrod.

jhale667
04-04-2010, 08:28 PM
'Cause we needed a useless google post in here...:rolleyes:

Back on topic, wondering how drastic the difference is if one uses the Ti saddles with either a Brass or Ti block...

"personal schilling".....FUCK YOU.

GAR
04-04-2010, 08:30 PM
- you lost me.

I thought your fucking GloryUnit had the TI saddles!

Where did I miss out on that one.. you mean the thing you got doesn't have the Titanium saddles?

No wonder Floyd came up with an entire Ti Corksniffer model!

jhale667
04-04-2010, 08:33 PM
- you lost me.

No, you've been lost since the 80s.

This is a thread about the BLOCKS, troll. The saddle review comes later. Now STFU - Go die in a fire, both of you.

Moving all troll posts going forward.

Blackflag
04-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Are you going to start a new thread every time your friend markets a new product?

GAR
04-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Strange.

I'm reconsidering a go-ahead to make an entire aluminum bridge just for the hell of it now.

jhale667
04-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Are you going to start a new thread every time your friend markets a new product?

Hadn't planned on it, might just to piss you off...:hee:

If it makes you feel better, I'll format them like your idiotic movie reviews:

Adam's new thing is cool - discuss. :dafinger:

Blackflag
04-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Feel free, spammer. It's not my site.

jhale667
04-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Strange.

I'm reconsidering a go-ahead to make an entire aluminum bridge just for the hell of it now.

Please do, so we can point and laugh at it... "The GARfail bridge system" :lmao:

Anonymous
04-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Well, Black Fag has ben bitchslapped in The Front Line, in Non, in House of Music & is now being bitchslapped here.

It's funny how he calls other people spammers, when all he does is post useless bullshit.

Much like Gayr.

Cheers! :bottle:

jhale667
04-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Well, Black Fag has ben bitchslapped in The Front Line, in Non, in House of Music & is now being bitchslapped here.

It's funny how he calls other people spammers, when all he does is post useless bullshit.

Classic deflection..."I'm not the spammer, you are!" :rolleyes:

Blackflag
04-04-2010, 08:59 PM

Much like Gayr.

I don't know why I have to state the obvious...but it takes more than typing *bitchslap* to bitchslap someone. Sad little dolt.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/customavatars/avatar19824_10.gif

Anonymous
04-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Yup. By the way, thanks for your vote.

With that last vote, I became a glorious beacon of light.

Which is nice.

Blackflag
04-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Classic deflection..."I'm not the spammer, you are!" :rolleyes:

Link me to a post where I recommend a product my friend makes, dumbass.

Anonymous
04-04-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't know why I have to state the obvious...but it takes more than typing *bitchslap* to bitchslap someone. Sad little dolt.

Well, I would bitchslap you, but I wouldn't go to Yakima for ANY reason. Not even for your mom.

So, we'll have to rely on the e-bitchslap. No hard feelings?

Retard.

Blackflag
04-04-2010, 09:05 PM
It's funny you should say that, since Yakima is the sister city to Albufiera. I hear there are a lot of trailer parks there.

Anonymous
04-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Link me to a post where I recommend a product my friend makes, dumbass.

Well, you caught him there... that's right, J. He never posted such a thing.

You see, he doesn't have any friends.

His mom has many, though. Mostly football teams.

Anonymous
04-04-2010, 09:07 PM
It's funny you should say that, since Yakima is the sister city to Albufiera. I hear there are a lot of trailer parks there.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

No, there aren't.

But thanks for letting us know that is the case in Yakima.

And if there're lots, it's good news for your mom. She's got a lot to go around, then.

Blackflag
04-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Weak. :umm:

See, Hale...if you post spam, you're going to attract dumbasses like this. Aren't you ashamed of yourself?

Anonymous
04-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Yes, J... you attract dumbasses like Black Fag.

And his mom.

Though it doesn't take that much to attract his mom. Just jingle the loose change on your pocket & she'll come crawling to you.

Diamondjimi
04-04-2010, 09:15 PM

Yakima Morelia Sister City Association | About Us (http://www.yakimamorelia.org/about.html)

Anonymous
04-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Duuuuude... Black Fag just got BITCHSLAPPED!

Nice find, DJ.

Blackflag
04-04-2010, 09:23 PM

Anonymous
04-04-2010, 09:25 PM

Your mom's reaction when you were born.

Diamondjimi
04-04-2010, 09:31 PM

Nice find, DJ.

http://aboutheroes.com/fmsvmu.gif

Diamondjimi
04-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Buttfag is no stranger to the ownage! :biggrin:

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/707464/man_vs_donkey.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_707464"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/707464/man_vs_donkey/">Man Vs. Donkey</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Click here for more free videos</a></font>

Anonymous
04-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Buttfag is no stranger to the ownage! :biggrin:

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/707464/man_vs_donkey.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_707464"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/707464/man_vs_donkey/">Man Vs. Donkey</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Click here for more free videos</a></font>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Oh, the crazy afternoons in Yakima...

That donkey must have detected the smell of Black Fag's mom in him.

Diamondjimi
04-04-2010, 10:14 PM

jhale667
04-04-2010, 10:53 PM

The sun came up this morning...same as any other day... :lmao:

Suck to be you, I know.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/16/youregay.jpg

Tell your mom to stop calling me too, k? :biggrin:

Anonymous
04-04-2010, 11:01 PM
You too, J?

Black Fag's mom sure gets around...

Here she is, hailing a cab.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/174/wtf4c.jpg

Diamondjimi
04-04-2010, 11:12 PM
http://www.rollanet.org/~vbeydler/van/myspace/puke.gif

jhale667
04-04-2010, 11:28 PM
http://www.rollanet.org/~vbeydler/van/myspace/puke.gif

Yeah, that...ugh!

Anonymous
04-04-2010, 11:34 PM
C'mon guys... you'll make Black Fag get all self conscious about his mom.

jhale667
04-04-2010, 11:39 PM

Bow down, Buttflap!!!

http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog/images/saddles/ts0001_lrg.jpg

:killer:

jhale667
04-04-2010, 11:45 PM
I'm kinda curious about GAyR's threatened aluminum knock-off...er, version now...I mean, how many beer-cans does that mean he has to collect,
and exactly how big will the trash-fire he'll have to make to melt them down need to be? :lmao:

Diamondjimi
04-04-2010, 11:48 PM

Bow down, Buttflap!!!

Shweeeet! :baaa:

I'm kinda curious about GAyR's threatened aluminum knock-off...er, version now...I mean, how many beer-cans does that mean he has to collect,
and exactly how big will the trash-fire he'll have to make to melt them down need to be? :lmao:

Blackflag
04-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Like I said to the last guy, my mom's been dead for years. But that's about the kind of awesome "owning" I've come to expect. I guess Hale has finally found an intellectual counterpart in this dolt from Portugal. http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/customavatars/thumbs/avatar19824_10.gif

Anonymous
04-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Like I said to the last guy, my mom's been dead for years.

That's what she said.

jhale667
04-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Like I said to the last guy, my mom's been dead for years.

OK, didn't know that - that's not cool, my bad. Sorry.

Having said that, so tell your step-mom to stop calling me. ;)

Blackflag
04-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Your turn, Hale. It's going to be hard to top wit like that.

Anonymous
04-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Your mom said something similar about how I'd be hard to top.

She wasn't talking about wit, though.

jhale667
04-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Back on fucking topic...:biggrin:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/GWFU2.jpg

Hmm...trying to remember...who was it that was talking about how cool these were oh...last year?

It was me, bitches!! :lmao:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nz9XuhdW74&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nz9XuhdW74&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

jhale667
04-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Meltdown in 5, 4, 3, 2....

http://superfunadventuretime.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/ScannersExplodingHead.gif

GAR
04-06-2010, 12:33 AM
But that's about the kind of awesome "owning" I've come to expect.

The kind of owneage these two know is the "tag - you're owned" type.

Very elementary name it-claim it, and they've not picked up yet that it's disconnected reasoning which leads to the mental illness such as most viewed here.

I don't think modern medicine can cure it.. but what's so cute is they don't care.

jhale667
04-06-2010, 12:37 AM
This from the forum authority on (and chief sufferer of) mental illness...:lmao: Another GARfail swing and miss...

Pathetic, owned bitch.

How many beer cans did you get for your aluminum bridge project today, dumpster-diver? :D

GAR
04-06-2010, 12:40 AM
<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nz9XuhdW74&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Call me crazy but 1) It kinda sounds like he's got the volume pot backed off in the first sample, and 2) I don't like the tone in the second.

Is that what this brass block is supposed to represent, loss of high tones? If that's the case I'm staying with the original.

Find me a Ti soundclip now. Fetch, go fetch the bigblock stick..

GAR
04-06-2010, 12:42 AM

Bow down, Buttflap!!!

This Adam guy doesn't really care so much about the finish, does he.. I'm not placing my palm on that rough unplated shit for hours on end!

Ti isn't it toxic when oxidized?

jhale667
04-06-2010, 12:48 AM

I posted one four months ago, you moron...

Now you're going to try to go all quality-control? Really?

Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe you...but thanks for proving it once again...:hee:

Ti is non-toxic...which is why it's used (besides it's strength) in hip-replacements. Dummy.

Coyote
04-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Call me crazy but 1) It kinda sounds like he's got the volume pot backed off in the first sample, and 2) I don't like the tone in the second.

Is that what this brass block is supposed to represent, loss of high tones? If that's the case I'm staying with the original.

This Adam guy doesn't really care so much about the finish, does he.. I'm not placing my palm on that rough unplated shit for hours on end!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7bF9lxl9N6I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7bF9lxl9N6I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Coyote
04-06-2010, 08:41 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nz9XuhdW74&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nz9XuhdW74&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'd just like to say...

Can't wait 'til next week... :pullinghair:

jhale667
04-06-2010, 10:28 AM
I'd just like to say...

Can't wait 'til next week... :pullinghair:

You are going to be stoked! :baaa:

And by all means, feel free to post your findings to remind the twin troll bitches why they're perma-owned afterwards... :D

Coyote
04-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Keep in mind, this one's gonna be B-blocked from the get-go.

I have a feeling it's gonna be my #1...

jhale667
04-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Keep in mind, this one's gonna be B-blocked from the get-go.

I have a feeling it's gonna be my #1...

True, but it's still going to surprise you - and if you currently have anything else with a Floyd and a standard block, or even A/B it with a buddy's - it's going to sound like sh*t in comparison to the Big-Blocked one.

I bet it becomes your #1 too! :baaa:

Diamondjimi
04-06-2010, 05:52 PM

(1) :rolleyes: Yeah, he must be getting paid off.. :Loser:

(2)You are truly ignorant and tone deaf!

Same goddamn principals as the use of a brass nut instead of bone or plastic... Increased tone and sustain! Dumbass!

Try and keep up, Shorty... :rolleyes:

This is probably something you won't have to worry about. Stick to your Thai Floyd knockoff on your Charvette and you shouldn't have any worries.

Meltdown in 5, 4, 3, 2....

http://superfunadventuretime.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/ScannersExplodingHead.gif

It's well under way.

I'm enjoying the show... :popc1:

LMAO @ the shock and awe campaign .:biggrin:

Ahh, I can see it now... GARfail http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/12.gif BUTTfail http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/gun-shot-blows-brains-out.gif

Coyote
04-06-2010, 07:08 PM
True, but it's still going to surprise you - and if you currently have anything else with a Floyd and a standard block, or even A/B it with a buddy's - it's going to sound like sh*t in comparison to the Big-Blocked one.

I bet it becomes your #1 too! :baaa:

Does a Jackson DK2 with a JT580LP count? :biggrin:

GAR
04-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Why no solid lead blocks, then..

Blackflag
04-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Ti is non-toxic...which is why it's used (besides it's strength) in hip-replacements. Dummy.

Yeah, there's no oxygen in there, genius. He said titanium oxide.

"titanium dioxide . . . International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has now classified this substance a potential carcinogen "

What is Titanium Dioxide? (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-titanium-dioxide.htm)

Now that's real owning. Not the weak "your mom" type.

Diamondjimi
04-11-2010, 09:28 PM

When was the last time you saw a lead bell. Dumbshit? :Loser:

...Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a child?

jhale667
04-12-2010, 12:28 AM

Because it would probably sound like ass. :Loser:

jhale667
04-12-2010, 12:50 AM

OK, since it seems we lost a few posts, let's re-iterate, and re-clarify: The saddles and non-toxic and will NOT rust, they're pure Ti. They're not plated - they're sand-blasted, because it was discovered in the prototype stage if you plate the saddles, Ti is so slippery the strings may slip out. They won't with the sand-blasted finish.

In conclusion, Re-Pwn3d. :D

GAR
04-12-2010, 02:20 AM
Quit parroting Adam's bullshit like you understand the inherent problems of metallurgical bondings during the plating process.

I mean, if you're gonna parrot something, ask him why he's too lazy to figure out how to polish shit?

He's the guy who did the Dtuna? That thing's got wild polishing streaks all over it beneath the plating, like the fucker who's doing the polishing can't wait to catch the Pacoima bus home to eat his fucking menudo supper..

Igosplut
04-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Quit parroting Adam's bullshit like you understand the inherent problems of metallurgical bondings during the plating process.

When did he say anything about the metallurgy coward? He simply said it was too slippery. And now your a metallurgist too??? Electroplating is not so much about metallurgy, it is about surface prep and proper current. So shut your cock garage...

jhale667
04-12-2010, 05:17 PM
When did he say anything about the metallurgy coward? He simply said it was too slippery. And now your a metallurgist too??? Electroplating is not so much about metallurgy, it is about surface prep and proper current. So shut your cock garage...

It's proven daily - GAyR's a fucking idiot.
The "parrot" comment is somewhat ironic coming from the biggest GOOGLE parrot on all of teh interwebs.:lmao: It'd be nice if HE stopped "acting like he knew" FUCK ALL ABOUT ANYTHING...:rolleyes:

And yes Ball-GARgle,
If you HAD the ability to comprehend anything you read, you realize I said nothing of metallurgy, and wouldn't have made the idiotic plating comment again...congrats on the self-ownage! :hee:

jhale667
05-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Bump. Another FU convert, none other than Slash -guy barely uses guitars with Floyds, but when he does...:cool:

http://www.floydupgrades.com/images/artists/Slash-220-3.jpg

http://www.floydupgrades.com/images/artists/Slash-220-2.jpg

Brass block and Trem-stopper...nice!

http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=page&id=54&chapter=3

He also says it has the new Duncan Vintage-spec Alnico IIs in it...

ThrillsNSpills
05-30-2010, 10:51 AM
When was the last time you saw a lead bell. Dumbshit? :Loser:

...Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a child?

he claimed to have a theramin in the trunk when the good vibrations thread was active.

Diamondjimi
05-30-2010, 01:21 PM
he claimed to have a theramin in the trunk when the good vibrations thread was active.

Don't forget the mass amounts of imaginary gear "in storage"! :lmao:

GAR
05-30-2010, 06:05 PM
I like pivot-trems because they lose less sustain than Kahlers, but I also prefer the workings of the Kahler over pivot trems.

Yet I can't still get over why Brian May hasn't glommed onto pivot trems, maybe his dad got something right the first time with that "motorcycle-valvespring" trem he handmade for the Red Special, and why Gibson can't figure out how to just make a stiffer, smaller spring like that - instead of carving up the Les Paul top for a Floyd rout which was designed for 5 pencil-thin 3-inch springs? COME ON that design is 60 years old now or what?

We need something new and I can only tell you what the next "new" thing in tremolo's isn't going to be: a routing requiring about a half-pound of body wood removal, right at the critical point the bridge meets the wood. I have been done with Floyds for this reason for years, and only need them very rarely.

I learned early-on to ignore celebrity endorsements of stuff. They don't pay for this shit and Slash will probably never have to pay for even another guitar PICK let alone an amp, a guitar or what have you.

Keep pumping up a pointless thread, keep claiming "owneage" where you can't own your way out of a the paper bags MY ownings left behind in their blinding hindsight.

GAR
05-30-2010, 06:10 PM

I still have a Big Briar MIDI Theramin in the trunk, beneath some sweatsocks from racquetball and a half-dozen disposable Big Gulp drink cups.

GAR
05-30-2010, 06:13 PM
.. oh yeah, btw "martenot" not "theramin"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1LobZ8vg9qE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1LobZ8vg9qE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

/reowned

jhale667
05-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Who cares if Slash paid for it or not GARfail? Unlike you, he owns gear, appreciates TONE, and is using Big-Blocks. You don't, can't and therefore aren't.

Perma-owned. :dafinger:

Diamondjimi
05-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Bring back the groan button!!!

Hardrock69
05-31-2010, 01:50 AM
Garfuckle suffers from a mental derangement that will not let him stop believing he owns more than just a cardboard guitar.

Therefore he must cuntinually try to convince everyone he a) owns something besides his cardboard guitar, and b) that he knows something, ANYTHING about what he is talking about, but the end result is the exact opposite of what he wants.....he only cuntinually demonstrates he does not know a goddamned thing about anything.

Diamondjimi
05-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Garfuckle suffers from a mental derangement that will not let him stop believing he owns more than just a cardboard guitar.

Therefore he must cuntinually try to convince everyone he a) owns something besides his cardboard guitar, and b) that he knows something, ANYTHING about what he is talking about, but the end result is the exact opposite of what he wants.....he only cuntinually demonstrates he does not know a goddamned thing about anything.

In a nutshell?! Exactly!

GAR
05-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Garfuckle suffers from a ..

Therefore he must cuntinually .. and ..
the end result is ...
he only cuntinually demonstrates he does not know...

Unlike you, he owns gear, appreciates TONE, and is using Big-Blocks. You don't, can't and therefore aren't.

http://www.topfoto.co.uk/gallery/ClassicStock/images/prevs/CLAS006594.jpg

Parlor gossip, the both of you! Dontcha gals got a drivethru Botox party to contribute to?

Because neither of you ever address my contention that Floyd Upgrades parts are an unnecessarily cost-curve for the benefit.. and that I believe a better non-Fender, non-Floyd trem design is still down the road yet.

So fuck-all with "blocks." 2 percent gain in sustain is insufficient for me to notice, when I play so fucking loud I actually have more sustain with the near-field compression from several cabinets running, that sustain is only an issue to me if I sit and hide in the bedroom with headphones.

Yeah, THEN we notice some increased sustain. But nobody thus far has been able to demonstrate that with a fair recording of such increases.

Boys this is going on now too many years: why not attack my contention, instead of taking my points themselves as an attack, and attacking me for it?

Your debates are really boring sometimes.

jhale667
05-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Because neither of you ever address my contention that Floyd Upgrades parts are an unnecessarily cost-curve for the benefit..

Yeah, it'd take you like, all day busking an underpass on the 405 to come up with the $25 it'd take for a Brass block, so I can see why you'd feel that way...:Loser:

and that I believe a better trem design is still down the road yet.

And you haven't a clue what that design is, nor plan to make it a reality...so STFU.

GAR
05-31-2010, 06:09 PM
And you haven't a clue what that design is, nor plan to make it a reality...so STFU.

I already directed the discussion towards the elderly Mr. May's conception of a stiff-spring tremelo, and the fact in all those Queen recordings with it unchanged from day one, how better engineering is available since the Red Special trem is a block-less design.

That means: no block. Visualize that if you can.. I'm talking, no need whatsoever for a block and it still stays in tune even without a nutblock. Gee, the concept works then doesn't it?

So there you go: again, reality.. just reread the thread I already spoke of it. It exists. Tell Floydupgrades to make something that tilts on an 80-pound valvespring that requires a 1" hole in the top and the world would beat a path to his door. But he won't do it.. Adam is in the retrofit game, not a totally different OEM bridge with new routings.

To do that he'd have to spend time and money marketing it, and giving out more free stuff, kinda like what he's doing now with guys like Slash already. So it would be a long time before he comes up with an original idea all his own to sell.

jhale667
05-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Tell Floydupgrades to yadda yadda yadda

Dude, STFU. Tell yourself to fuck off. Nobody gives a fuck what you think. The entire universe thinks you're a jackass.

To do that he'd have to spend time and money marketing it,blah blah blah. So it would be a long time before he comes up with an original idea all his own to sell.

New stuff's in the pipeline...not like you'd know, would you crybaby? Just quit whining already.

GAR
05-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Hinder your stuffed pipeline of exhuberant flatulence till you post it, it's just gonna be more of the same anyways..

Then go "ah here's one," not just "oh I got ten albums in the can" or something like EVH.

Coyote has proven already, that if you're gonna do it then do it. Then you may boast not before, otherwise you look a ass.

Igosplut
05-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Hinder your stuffed pipeline of exhuberant flatulence till you post it, it's just gonna be more of the same anyways..

Then go "ah here's one," not just "oh I got ten albums in the can" or something like EVH.

Coyote has proven already, that if you're gonna do it then do it. Then you may boast not before, otherwise you look a ass.

Where the fucks your shit coward?? You don't post ANYTHING except criticism....

All fucking talk, no fucking walk....

jhale667
05-31-2010, 07:37 PM

Yeah, Coyote and I both have posted clips. You've done nothing, yet are continuously boasting, thus looking like an ass. Correct, fuckstump. Congrats.

Since you love mine so much, here's one from '07...! :cool:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9207536

jhale667
05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
For reference, that last clip was PRE-Big-Block...here's the same guitar today, sans wah goofiness:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8348585

http://cdn2.soundclick.com/27/images/j/song/jayhale+ikeelyou2.gif?version=39

GAR
06-05-2010, 01:40 AM
- more of the same.

jhale667
06-05-2010, 02:51 AM
- more of the same.

Oh ye of little reading retention - the repeat clip was the B of an A/B example. Y'know, the stuff you didn't pay attention to, or they didn't get to before you quit. And still than more than you've done.

Prove you even own a guitar. Y'know, like I've proven Big-Blocks work, and I own you. :biggrin:

C'mon, fire that Pignose amp up, tune up the Charvette and impress us ALL. These. Years. Later...

How many more challenges are you going to duck, coward?

This just in....
http://jeffhurtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/urgent-300x265.jpg

STFU.

GAR
06-06-2010, 02:21 AM
I was trying to find the proof you speak of, so what I did before my comment was waste some bored moments re-clicking the songfiles on your sound page there.

I"m not shy of an honest admission of being pwned, or owned.. or own3rd.. but the way disingenuously pass out these owned-claims like an old person passing candy-corn to the kids at Halloween without wit or one-upping the fellow you're claiming superiority takes the gleamy shine off those true ownings others honestly DO win an owning on somebody.

So quit shitting the bed of the owneage process, get a Macbook, and record samples that can show distinct proof there is a worthwhile difference between blocks. Or STFO yerself!

jhale667
06-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Hmm....Yeah, let me do that because the one dissenting opinion in the room (who for some reason hasn't got his troll-ass banned yet) says so. Almost 4,000 plays later, complimentary emails, etc etc. Because the prince of plywood commands it. :lol:

Oh, wait, were you talking about the block clips, or my tunes, since because you're a hater troll I can never tell...my tunes (some of which aren't even finished yet, as you love to point out) have gotten almost 7,500. You're like shooting fish. In a barrel. With a Howitzer. :hee:

True. Pwn.

Hardrock69
06-06-2010, 02:12 PM
He is almost as single-minded in his stupidity as Ace Diamond.

Hardrock69
06-06-2010, 02:13 PM
He is almost as single-minded in his stupidity as Ace Diamond. But at least Ace appears to be a nice individual, not a FUCKING JACKASS!

jhale667
06-06-2010, 05:29 PM
He is almost as single-minded in his stupidity as Ace Diamond. But at least Ace appears to be a nice individual, not a FUCKING JACKASS!

A "nice individual" wouldn't have done the attention-whore thing at Dio's funeral. Just Sayin'.

GAR
06-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Almost 4,000 plays later, complimentary emails, etc etc.

I'd call this trying to be nice shit, negative reinforcement, because your efforts were initially performed to give a before-after comparison of the big block part.

You didn't do a fair demostration and you know you can do better. When you do do better, I'm fair to say so however:

People on that soundclick thing are basically encouraging you to compliment them back, think about it.

Hardrock69
06-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Thinking is something foreign to you......