PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoffs--2010 edition

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Well...here we go...

Pittsburgh up, but New England down.

Minny up on the Giants, 7-0 early...

Should be an interesting playoffs...where it may be as up in the air as it has ever been...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Wes Welker is injured...early in the game...and he looked to be in a ton of pain...so there's your case against playing your guys...

I still say you play...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Minnesota is absolutely laying the wood to the Giants...

They'll get the bye...and I think folks will be looking past them...they shouldn't...

Little Texan
01-03-2010, 03:43 PM
The Giants season went down the toilet just like Dallas's did last season...getting blown out and embarrassed in the last couple of games. The way the Giants are playing, it makes me wonder why in the fuck the Cowboys couldn't beat them this season.

Fairwrning
01-03-2010, 04:11 PM
For fucks sake..I have to choose between Ravens/Raiders and Skins/Chargers..not showing Boys/Eagles here...shit

twonabomber
01-03-2010, 04:17 PM
got Philly/Dallas here.

Fairwrning
01-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Im watching it on my laptop thanks to a site Pojo gave me..

Va Beach VH Fan
01-03-2010, 04:46 PM
So the Steelers need BAL, DEN, and NYJ to all lose...

Ravens up by a TD, but KC up by a TD....

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Im watching it on my laptop thanks to a site Pojo gave me..

Least I could do for the league champ...you prick...

chefcraig
01-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Alright, which is it? Is Dallas really this good, or are the Eagles just making them look that way. The Cowboys are walking right down the field, on their way to a second score while Philly goes three and doink.

EDIT: Ooops, Eagles intercept Romo on the 7 yard line!

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Alright, which is it? Is Dallas really this good, or are the Eagles just making them look that way. The Cowboys are walking right down the field, on their way to a second score while Philly goes three and doink.

I actually think that if they had a solid head coach that wasn't a Jerry Jones-bitch-cheerleader on the sideline, they'd be a top five team.

I think WP is a fantastic defensive coordinator...but like many outstanding coordinators...they can't translate it to the head coaching position...

I think Dallas can do some damage...

chefcraig
01-03-2010, 04:54 PM
I agree, and Philly is playing without their starting center. The O line looks confused as hell. And that isn't helping Westbrooke at all.

Dan
01-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Go The Packer's.

Damn,33-0 So Far.:D

Fairwrning
01-03-2010, 06:32 PM

Dallas is really this good;)

Fairwrning
01-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Least I could do for the league champ...you prick...

thanks fucker...its a good year..Steelers getting knocked out (soon)..Hokies roll in a bowl game..Im winning the pick-em..and a fantasy title..damn fine season so far:rockit2:

ace diamond
01-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Go The Packer's.

hey, you left your starters in.

we sat ours down after the first quarter, saving them for next week, when you have to play us again.

expect a much different game next week.

packers are gonna get the fucking shit kicked out of them next week
by arizona.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-03-2010, 11:23 PM
the cards got beat up today, not just the score, but bruised andbroken. i honestly think we'll get 5 picks next week.

ace diamond
01-03-2010, 11:32 PM
the cards got beat up today, not just the score, but bruised andbroken. i honestly think we'll get 5 picks next week.

the safety will be back next week.
we are going to hand you your ass next week.
:beers8:

hideyoursheep
01-04-2010, 12:22 AM
The Bengals are finished.:019:

Which is proof that winning your division doesn't mean anyting.

POJO_Risin
01-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Wes Welker...ouch...torn ACL and MCL...

Kristy
01-04-2010, 12:36 AM
I would now like to take the time to tell Josh McDaniels to get the fuck over his Napoleonic Complex.

As for the playoffs, my predictions:

The Charges will choke simple because they always choke.

Eagles will destroy the Cowboys and the Ravens will have their ass handed to them by New England. Packers/Cardinals - who cares?

Dan
01-04-2010, 12:58 AM
hey, you left your starters in.

we sat ours down after the first quarter, saving them for next week, when you have to play us again.

expect a much different game next week.

packers are gonna get the fucking shit kicked out of them next week
by arizona.

Change The Fucking Broken Record,ACE.:D

Do You Hear It?........Go Packers Go.

NATEDOG001976
01-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Go The Packer's.

Dan, IF the Packers win, they would have to go to Minneapolis, at the Dome and play the Vikings. Sorry, but I don't like the Packs chances, maybe in Green Bay, but not at the Dome.

Unchainme
01-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Dan, IF the Packers win, they would have to go to Minneapolis, at the Dome and play the Vikings. Sorry, but I don't like the Packs chances, maybe in Green Bay, but not at the Dome.

Yeah, I mean, because it's not like the Vikings don't ever find a way to choke things away right as they're about to make it big :rolleyes:

YouTube - Missing Rings 1998 Vikings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDEDM4xv9gs)

Unchainme
01-04-2010, 02:26 AM
I'm thinking it's Cowboys-Chargers this year.

Weird gut feeling.

NATEDOG001976
01-04-2010, 02:33 AM

Weird gut feeling.

Well, lay down the crack pipe.

Unchainme
01-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Well, lay down the crack pipe.

Not really.

Chargers have been looking pretty hot as of late, and the Colts have a history of choking after they've rested their starters

They've also had the Colts number the last couple of times they've played them.

Then the Cowboys? Eh why not? It's looking like a team that has possibly got the Monkey off of it's back by winning the NFC East this late. The Saints seemed pretty beatable and may have shot it's wad earlier around November.

And lets be real, up until this last game against a lame duck Giants squad, the Vikings were on a downward tail spin. Farve's ego is starting to really mess things up there.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-04-2010, 12:13 PM

they are two very different teams from the first two games played. some big injuries to both teams, but green bay's defense....hands down better. o-line....again, much better. redbirds first, but i like our chances in minnetonka this time.

Kristy
01-04-2010, 01:08 PM

Weird gut feeling.

Never happen. Although I do believe the Chargers will make it as far as the AFC Divisional Championship only to have Manning carve them to pieces. Like I said the Chargers will choke because in the clutch they don't know what else to do. This is going to be an Indy/New Orleans Superbowl

Kristy
01-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Not really.

Then the Cowboys? Eh why not? It's looking like a team that has possibly got the Monkey off of it's back by winning the NFC East this late. The Saints seemed pretty beatable and may have shot it's wad earlier around November.

You are high, aren't you? The only reason the Cowboys are in it is because they BARELY managed to beat teams slightly more mediocre then them. They play with no consistency, no reliability and fuckface Romo has one of the most weakest offensive lines in the game - constantly adjusting to pick up any blitz thrown at him. They still have that monkey on their back in the name of that fat ass Wade Phillips who can't seem to pull his own shit together from game to game.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/wade%20phillips/goirishgo7886/wademotovationposter.jpg

sadaist
01-04-2010, 01:29 PM
As for the playoffs, my predictions:

The Chargers will choke simple because they always choke.

If we lose to the Colts, that wouldn't be a choke, that would be expected. Colts should have had a perfect season. And considering we only have one home game to play before we get the Colts, I think we will steamroll any team unlucky enough to have to play in San Diego in January. The weather should be a crisp 71 degrees with a slight breeze from the southwest.

sadaist
01-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Never happen. Although I do believe the Chargers will make it as far as the AFC Divisional Championship only to have Manning carve them to pieces. Like I said the Chargers will choke because in the clutch they don't know what else to do. This is going to be an Indy/New Orleans Superbowl

Like I said, it's not a choke if you lose to the greater team. It will be a choke if the Colts lose to the Bolts. How can losing to Indy...in Indy...be considered a choke for any team right now?

And Indy/New Orleans? Can you imagine if they had both gone unbeaten? WOW! An ad salesmans wet dream. But I don't think it will happen without some creative officiating by the NFL for the "dream matchup".

I'd love to see Cowboys/Chargers. Wished for that last time we went to the 1995 Super Bowl only to get our clocks cleaned by the 49ers. We would have matched up with the Cowboys.

Kristy
01-04-2010, 01:55 PM
No dude, they'll choke. Quite trying to analyze the Chargers. They play in two ways and two ways only - kick ass in the regular season and bite it in the playoffs.

sadaist
01-04-2010, 05:43 PM
No dude, they'll choke. Quite trying to analyze the Chargers. They play in two ways and two ways only - kick ass in the regular season and bite it in the playoffs.

Jaded much?

Ah. You mean like your awesome Broncos who only needed 1 win to get in? Then lost 4 straight? Don't be so jealous that the Chargers have owned the division for a decade.

And I'd rather go 13-3 and choke in the playoffs, then not make it at all.

As for "biting it" in the playoffs...

2008 Beat the Colts 23-17 Lost to Steelers 24-35

2007 Beat the Titans 17-6 Beat the Colts 28-24 Lost to Pats 12-21

2006 Lost to Pats 21-24

Lifetime playoffs including Super Bowl 10W & 15L. Not bad.

Some great playoff wins there recently, and a few very close losses to great teams. Chargers are a solid team. But they aren't a juggernaut. Never have been. They will give whoever they play a hell of a fight, and have a really good chance of winning.

Regardless, I had 13 awesome weeks this season of watching my Chargers play.

Anyways, lets make it interesting. If the Chargers win the Super Bowl this year, you have to be positive, nice & uplifting in every post, regardless of forum, for an entire week. Not one negative word about anything. If they "choke", then pick my punishment. ;)

Kristy
01-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Number of Superbowl wins the Chargers have: 0

Nice try.

Fairwrning
01-04-2010, 06:06 PM
You are high, aren't you? The only reason the Cowboys are in it is because they BARELY managed to beat teams slightly more mediocre then them. They play with no consistency, no reliability and fuckface Romo has one of the most weakest offensive lines in the game - constantly adjusting to pick up any blitz thrown at him. They still have that monkey on their back in the name of that fat ass Wade Phillips who can't seem to pull his own shit together from game to game.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/wade%20phillips/goirishgo7886/wademotovationposter.jpg

Yeah..that 11-5 record sucks:handjob:..lets not forget that horrid last 3 games they played in which they beat your pick ( in N.O no less) along with halting the Eagles 6 game run while outscoring the opposition 65-17...damn they really are lucky...I will agree that Phillips sucks..

hambon4lif
01-04-2010, 06:59 PM
The Charges will choke simple because they always choke. That's true. They always get within an inch of the finish line, and fall down, but something interesting is going on right now....the 'Charges' 2nd and 3rd string managed to beat the Redskins in a throwaway game that didn't matter (they were 2nd seed regardless of the outcome).
Indy sits at the top of the stack, but lately they've commited alot of phenominally stupid fucking coaching decisions recently, and as hard as Peyton Manning tries, he can't quite crack the San Diego safe (the Colts haven't won a single game against the Chargers in over 5 years).

The Chargers will either kick that final door down, or go down in history as the most talented NFL team that never went anywhere. As much as they've choked in the playoffs, they are the dark horse, and any team that underestimates them will do so at their own peril.

I actually like the Bolts' chances this year of finally making it to the big show....

sadaist
01-04-2010, 07:12 PM
The Chargers will either kick that final door down, or go down in history as the most talented NFL team that never went anywhere.

I look at this Charger team and think if they just had the one extra ingredient...heart, drive, experience, luck, who knows...that they should have been the dynasty like the Cowboys & Steelers were at one time. We really could have won 2-3 Super Bowls in the last 6 years.

Ah, such is the life of a native So CA sports fan. Padres & Chargers. Oh the humanity.

sadaist
01-04-2010, 07:14 PM

Nice try.

I don't remember claiming they had won any. You said they bite it in the playoffs. I simply showed the record that proves otherwise.

NATEDOG001976
01-04-2010, 08:13 PM
they are two very different teams from the first two games played. some big injuries to both teams, but green bay's defense....hands down better. o-line....again, much better. redbirds first, but i like our chances in minnetonka this time.

Nice, I'm from Minnetonka. And Prince and myself will not allow Packers to cleanse themselves in Lake Minnetonka!

Here's a nice home on the lake, not a bad price, only 6 mil! Pretty cheap for that area!

MLS 3658327 | 2650 Marshland Rd Woodland, MN 55391 (http://www.lakeminnetonkasrealestate.com/listings/3658327/)

hambon4lif
01-04-2010, 08:37 PM

Nice try.HA! Spoken like a true Bronco fan! Denver has been getting scraped off of LaDanian Tomlinsons cleats for the last how many years?? No small wonder you're bitter. The only chance the Chiefs, the Raiders, and the Donkeys have of winning the division....is if they get placed in another division. The Chargers own the pink slips to all 3 teams and that will not change anytime soon. I can clearly see where your bitterness comes from.

They (your Broncos) actually still had an ice cubes chance in hell if they had just beat KC yesterday, but.....they couldn't even do that.....they failed!

Your opinion....to me...is only as good as Devers record!

get over your anger and provide us with some real insight please........

hambon4lif
01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I look at this Charger team and think if they just had the one extra ingredient...heart, drive, experience, luck, who knows....It's coaching....they have heart and drive. Hell, their last 11 wins in a row, and jumping from 2-3 to 13-3, makes them fucking dangerous. Baltimore will get punk'd, so will Cincy, the Colts, and anyone else that gets 'put' in the way.

The Bolts are like the Eagles....they'll keep bangin' on the Championship door 'til it finally falls off the hinges.

Tenacity, bitches!!!

Kristy
01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I actually like the Bolts' chances this year of finally making it to the big show....

I still say they won't get that far. The problem or, rather the major problem with the Chargers is Rivers.

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/riversface-300x273.jpg

While the guy may be one of the Top 5 QB's in the league he turns into a paper tiger under pressure letting his hot head and bloated ego run the game other then his common sense. You see him do this all the time when a defense disrupts his rhythm, throwing his whole scheme off balance. Rivers ends up crying like a little bitch pacing up and down the sidelines in anger and when the rest of his team sees that, how much confidence are they going to have in themselves? And Tuner is of no value. To me that guy is one innocuous coach if there ever was one (next to the old dude who coaches The Giants) who stands there with his mouth open, face blank and mind numb when getting his ass kicked. So if Rivers doesn't take away a team's edge, Tuner will finish the job, no problem.

As for the Cowboys. I could care less. Always hated that whole "America's Team" moniker complied on top of that dung heap that is their owner. If the Cowboys are going to pull it off it'll all rest on the shoulders of Romo who always seems to be the last person to know how he is before a game. Wade Phillips is candy floss - are sugar coating and no substance or flavor. They'll be eliminated by the second round.

Kristy
01-04-2010, 09:12 PM
HA! Spoken like a true Bronco fan!

I'm not a Bronco fan! They have a LOT of problems that will take years to work out most of it being a Shanahan Stockholm Syndrome among the fans and his drafted players and a deep hatred for a young coach who can't seem to get over his own Napoleonic complex.

And Tomlinson - so what? He is past his prime and has clearly demonstrated this in several games with Sprools picking up the slack. So you get over your chauvinistic shit and tell me something I don't know.

Unchainme
01-04-2010, 10:33 PM
http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/riversface-300x273.jpg

yaa better ask somebodayyyy!

Little Texan
01-04-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm not a Bronco fan! They have a LOT of problems that will take years to work out most of it being a Shanahan Stockholm Syndrome among the fans and his drafted players and a deep hatred for a young coach who can't seem to get over his own Napoleonic complex.

And Tomlinson - so what? He is past his prime and has clearly demonstrated this in several games with Sprools picking up the slack. So you get over your chauvinistic shit and tell me something I don't know.

What team IS your team if you don't support the local team? Were you a Broncos fan when John Elway was still in the picture and they were winning Super Bowls?

We've established that you hate the Cowboys, Chargers, and hometown Broncos, so do you have a favorite team?

Kristy
01-04-2010, 11:12 PM
No, not at the moment. I sit on the fence when it comes to the NFL.

hambon4lif
01-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I still say they won't get that far. The problem or, rather the major problem with the Chargers is Rivers.

While the guy may be one of the Top 5 QB's in the league he turns into a paper tiger under pressure letting his hot head and bloated ego run the game other then his common sense. You see him do this all the time when a defense disrupts his rhythm, throwing his whole scheme off balance. Rivers ends up crying like a little bitch pacing up and down the sidelines in anger and when the rest of his team sees that, how much confidence are they going to have in themselves? And Tuner is of no value. To me that guy is one innocuous coach if there ever was one (next to the old dude who coaches The Giants) who stands there with his mouth open, face blank and mind numb when getting his ass kicked. So if Rivers doesn't take away a team's edge, Tuner will finish the job, no problem. You have a valid point, being a Charger fan (to the bone), I have witnessed that, and will even co-sign that to an extent. Rivers was a hot-head, and talks a helluva lot of shit (he's an Alabama boy....what are ya' gonna do?). I think experience over the last couple of seasons have calmed him down a bit.....he has poise, and with so many arsenals at his disposal, I just can't see him fucking this up. He is at the helm of one of the most lethal and explosive offenses I have ever seen.....Jackson, Floyd, Gates, Sproles, etc.....it's like the guy has the keys to a goddamn Ferrari to go up and down the field as he pleases. The only thing stopping him.....is himself! But I think he has matured with time and experience.

No way you can hold Schottenheimers "conservative" bullshit football against us. (at least I hope not)......those days are gone. The rest of the team have a specific goal, and Rivers knows after so many seasons, that alot of it rests on his shoulders....this year in particular, I have seen him restrain from menstrual outbursts that cost the Chargers victory. He has matured, whether he wanted to or not, I think he's finally realized that it's not about him....but about the team.

Whether you like them or not.....that's not the point....the Chargers are undisputably the most talented team in the NFL, bar none, and if for some reason they don't make it this year, they have no one to blame but themselves.

too much fuckin' talent.....they have to make it happen.....NOW!!!

Kristy
01-04-2010, 11:31 PM
the Chargers are undisputably the most talented team in the NFL...

They are the most talented team in the AFC West. Which isn't saying a whole lot considering the competition. They are also aging and Tomlinson doesn't have the speed and agility that he once did. Their reign won't last much longer. Wait and see if they face Indy, Peyton is going to carve them up like a Christmas ham.

chefcraig
01-04-2010, 11:38 PM
No, not at the moment. I sit on the fence when it comes to the NFL.

Personally, I'm at that point myself. Look, I spent untold dollars as a season ticket holder for the Miami Dolphins. For cryin' out loud, for a period I lived within rock throwing distance of the Davie Training Facility. I've lived and died with the aqua and orange since sometime in 1969...

And I'm done. Add up the years of devotion and heartbreak, of victory and sorrow. Of wasted opportunities and bleating about the past. Honestly? I stopped caring roughly 5 years ago. I stopped attending games, scarcely attended camp. At this point I rarely option either. You just reach a point in life where it simply ceases to matter. Yeah, I'm gonna be 50 soon. Perhaps you will feel the same way about nonsense that you ultimately can not control. Thing is, yup, I care deeply about the past. That is probably because it meant so much to me as I was a part of it. At this stage however, I'm like Kristy (and forgive me for putting words in your mouth, but) as it just doesn't seem all that worth the bother.

I highly doubt that Pete Rozelle's idea of "parity" in football meant that felons would be playing it, mediocre performance, along with inept and at times questionable ownership of teams.

Kristy
01-04-2010, 11:47 PM
For the longest time weren't the Dolphins pretty much a one-trick pony team? By that I mean Dan Marino. Even though he was a remarkable player (one of the NFL's best) the Dolphins seemed to be lost when he retired never taking them to the Promise Land. They also seem to get a fair share of draft picks year after year who also never end up going anywhere. Is it the ownership? Bad GM choices?

chefcraig
01-05-2010, 12:10 AM
For the longest time weren't the Dolphins pretty much a one-trick pony team? By that I mean Dan Marino. Even though he was a remarkable player (one of the NFL's best) the Dolphins seemed to be lost when he retired never taking them to the Promise Land. They also seem to get a fair share of draft picks year after year who also never end up going anywhere. Is it the ownership? Bad GM choices?

It comes from a combination of arrogance and total ineptitude, which defines the front office dealings of roughly 70% of the NFL. Ultimately, what you see on the field is governed by the ownership of the team, through an odd legislative process. Just because a fellow is named GM, does not mean he will have the full service of that title. And this is 2010. The disparity between players (the work force) and ownership (the bosses) has not been so clearly defined since the first days of the AFL. This disparity will lead to a strike in 2011, resulting in a work stoppage that if not seriously considered at a meeting Tuesday morning, may change football as we know it in this country.

The stakes are that high. Look at the NFL. It is arguably the most successful money making enterprise on the planet. All of it could not only be thrown into jeopardy, yet thrown out the window entirely because of the greed of a handful of owners.

sadaist
01-05-2010, 03:00 PM
They are also aging and Tomlinson doesn't have the speed and agility that he once did. Their reign won't last much longer.

That's what really eats at me the most. I just can't accept that he has lost a step. I guess that's the life of a running back though. So fucking good, but it goes by way too damn fast. LaDanian is only 30. Dang. Sure has been a helluva lot of fun to watch him though.

Mr Walker
01-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Jeez... does Big Fat Rex have to run-in and hit someone in the head with a chair to get a mention in this playoff thread?

Va Beach VH Fan
01-05-2010, 03:51 PM
You guys need some Super Bowl rings ??

:biggrin:

Bob_R
01-06-2010, 08:25 AM
My prediction for this weekend's winners.

Jets
Dallas
New England
Green Bay

chefcraig
01-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Hmmm...ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4673897/moss-not-spotted-at-start-of-practice) is reporting that Randy Moss was absent from today's practice for NE's game against the Ravens. Another source (Boston Herald (http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20100108moss_not_at_practice/srvc=home&position=recent)) has mentioned that Moss was seen with ice bags on his knee earlier in the week.

Moss not spotted at start of practice
By Mike Reiss

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Receiver Randy Moss was not spotted at the start of today's practice as the Patriots continue preparations for Sunday's playoff matchup against the Ravens.

Moss had full participation in practices on Wednesday and Thursday.

By 4 p.m., the Patriots will submit a full injury report which will also detail the level of participation that each player has in practice. Moss's status should become clearer at that time.

In addition to Moss, reserve center/guard Dan Connolly (ankle) was also not present at the start of the session. Connolly, who has missed practice all week, has made his mark of late as a power fullback, a role that first-year lineman Ryan Wendell could potentially fill.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Jets
Philly
New England
Green Bay

MAX
01-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Indy/New Orleans Superbowl

ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!

Talk about "Never Happen."

Maybe Indy will get in but they've been exposed. Just in a game by game perspective. I'll go with Brady any day. As for The Aints. Never, ever gonna happen.

GO-SPURS-GO
01-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Cowboys
Packers
Ravens
Bengals

MAX
01-08-2010, 05:20 PM
http://www.aaronsnape.com/Project3/images/new-england-patriots-logo1.jpg

http://fileserver.tinker.com/tinker/events/8/8623_main_image_1251717154.jpg

http://www.freepicks.org/articles/nfl-football-2009/NFL-Preview/images/philadelphia-eagles-logo1.jpg

http://101.freshmancomp.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/arizona-cardinals.gif

chefcraig
01-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Bengals
Baltimore
Dallas
Arizona

Fairwrning
01-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Bengals
Ravens
Cowboys
Packers

Fairwrning
01-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Jets
Philly
New England
Arizona
geez dude..you are gonna be 0-4;)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
geez dude..you are gonna be 0-4;)

I changed it from Arizona to Green Bay... Boldin's out.....

POJO_Risin
01-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Bengals
Ravens
Cowboys
Packers

Good call on the Bengals game...;)...Mr. "You're going to miss them all..."

POJO_Risin
01-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Here's to you Marvin Lewis, you fucking homo...for sitting your entire team last week...getting the shit kicked out of you this week...and continuing the Bengals road to fucking nowhere.

The Steelers lost to you twice, but still manage to be better than you...even though they didn't make the playoffs.

Fucking joke...

Lewis should be canned...and the team should be caned..

chefcraig
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Here's to you Marvin Lewis, you fucking homo...for sitting your entire team last week...getting the shit kicked out of you this week...and continuing the Bengals road to fucking nowhere.

The Steelers lost to you twice, but still manage to be better than you...even though they didn't make the playoffs.

Fucking joke...

You should have read the local paper here today. Three different writers were just about canonizing the guy as coach of the year. I remember reading it this morning and saying to myself "Yup, that's the kiss of death, right there." :duh:

POJO_Risin
01-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Coach of the year because of the Henry deal I'm guessing...

Either way...he fucked up, and sayonara Bengals...

Fairwrning
01-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Good call on the Bengals game...;)...Mr. "You're going to miss them all..."

yeah..I missed that one..but Im loving this ass whipping Dallas is laying on Philly. We absolutely own McNabb

POJO_Risin
01-09-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm not watching...but recording right now...so don't tell me the score...

Of course...you're making it sound like it's 28-0 in the first half...

I'd have picked the Cowboys in this game...by the way.

I can't fucking stand the Eagles...overrated...

Fairwrning
01-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Eagles will destroy the Cowboys

Excellent prediction...

hideyoursheep
01-10-2010, 08:33 AM

Fucking joke...

Next year the Bengals come back healthy and they job your Shitsburgh Steroids again. If the Bengals don't sweep you, I'll go $50. But if they do, you have to change your name to POJO_Cinco.

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Holy crap! The Ravens are up 21-0 with 4 minutes to go in the first quarter. I'd thought they would do well, but this is nuts.

Splooge
01-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Holy crap!!!

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 01:52 PM
UPDATE: 15 seconds to go in the first quarter, Ravens up 24 - 0 , and the Patriots are being booed in their own stadium! http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-scared-smileys-366.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-AIM-Smileys/)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-10-2010, 01:58 PM
24-7 now...

For as much as I love seeing the Pats get booed at home, this game ain't over by a long shot.....

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Change The Fucking Broken Record,ACE.:D

Do You Hear It?........Go Packers Go.

not going to happen.
arizona is going to win.

Splooge
01-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Did Moss just give up this year? Really seems like he doesn't give a shit.

Nickdfresh
01-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Alas poor Belichick, we knew you well...

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Did Moss just give up this year? Really seems like he doesn't give a shit.

He pulled a Lebron and ducked out of the stadium as soon as time ran out.

Nickdfresh
01-10-2010, 04:36 PM
He pulled a Lebron and ducked out of the stadium as soon as time ran out.

He's more nonexistent than Wes Welker is that this point, and only marginally more effective...

Splooge
01-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Wow! Are we watching a repeat of the early game?

14 - 0 Arizona.

Fairwrning
01-10-2010, 05:52 PM
These blowouts are getting boring...hope we get some closer games next week

hambon4lif
01-10-2010, 07:10 PM
These blowouts are getting boring...hope we get some closer games next weekThat's the usual as far as Wild Card games go....one team wants it a helluva lot more than the other, that's why it's always "blowout city", and the games are pretty much determined by the end of the first quarter. The teams you're watching this weekend were lucky enough to get into the post-season by the skin of their teeth in the first place. No surprise.

I am more than pleased by B-More smashing the Pats....that sends the Jets to San Diego, which is pretty much a guarantee that the Bolts will at least go as far as the AFC Championship. The Chargers have a old score to settle with the Jets anyway...
....go ahead,bring that rookie QB in front of the Charger defense and watch what happens.

The cheese-heads are trying to make the game interesting, but it's too little too late, the Cards will own their ass.

Wild-Card weekend just sets up the more interesting games you'll see next week, nothing more....nothing less.

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 07:16 PM
cards are still stompin' that green bay ass!

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 07:19 PM
cards are still stompin' that green bay ass!

No they are not. At one point, the Cards had a 31-10 lead. It's now 38-31.

EDIT: Make that 38-38. :duh:

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 07:21 PM
well, it was 17-0 last i looked.

just put on espn radio, and just heard it is tied at 38-38.

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 07:31 PM
arizona just got a touchdown.
cards up 45-38

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 07:45 PM
packers scored.
45-45

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 07:46 PM
1:52 left, Cards have 3 timeouts. I can't watch this...:biggrin:

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Wide left!

Splooge
01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
And now a playoff game will be decided by a coin toss. I hate the NFL for this.

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 07:58 PM
overtime, pack has on the green bay 20.

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 07:59 PM
wide left!

lace's out, dan!

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
51-45 cards win, bitches!!!!!

NATEDOG001976
01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Fudge packers, DONE!

Vikes= Super Bowl!

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 08:05 PM
And now a playoff game will be decided by a coin toss. I hate the NFL for this.

What do ya know...for once it wasn't. Have to give it to the Packers for hanging in there.

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 08:06 PM
cardinals beat the packers. I fucking told all you assholes that arizona was going to hand the packers their fucking asses!!!!!
I fucking love being proven right!!!
Take that, dan and pete's brother!!
Eat 'em and smile!!

How does that crow pie taste, motherfuckers?
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! !!

Fairwrning
01-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Great game..refs missed that head first dirty hit by Cards #92 tho...if that were Brady 8 flags woulda been thrown

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 08:08 PM
51-45 cards win, bitches!!!!!

You've got nothing to brag about. The Cards gave up an insurmountable lead, blew a tying field goal and got lucky on a fumble. Considering you checked the score at the first quarter, you apparently missed what took place in the game.

GO-SPURS-GO
01-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Bengals
Baltimore
Dallas
Arizona

You went 3 and 1, so it looks like you won this round. ;) :beers8:

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 08:19 PM
You've got nothing to brag about. The Cards gave up an insurmountable lead, blew a tying field goal and got lucky on a fumble. Considering you checked the score at the first quarter, you apparently missed what took place in the game.

what's done is done.
a win is a win, and a loss is a loss, regardless of how it happened.

when the music's over, turn out the lights.
for green bay, it's blackout time.

GO-SPURS-GO
01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Great game..refs missed that head first dirty hit by Cards #92 tho...if that were Brady 8 flags woulda been thrown

:biggrin: No doubt!

Bengals
Ravens
Cowboys
Packers

Cowboys
Packers
Ravens
Bengals

Looks like Cowboys fans think alike. ;)

Dan
01-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Fuck Off ACE.

That's All.

GO-SPURS-GO
01-10-2010, 08:25 PM
fudge packers, done!

Vikes= super bowl!

Cowboys 27
Vikings 20

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 08:25 PM
what's done is done.
a win is a win, and a loss is a loss, regardless of how it happened.

when the music's over, turn out the lights.
for green bay, it's blackout time.

That's beside the point. You are acting like this was some sort of monumental blow-out, which is far from the truth. Look, I picked the Cards as well, but even I can admit it wasn't a masterful win. If people are expected to display sportsmanship by losing gracefully, the same should be expected of them when they win. It's called dignity.

You admitted yourself that you missed a great portion of the game, so please do not try to come off as some sort of super-fan. This is the first round of the playoffs. It's still a long way to the Super Bowl.

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 08:34 PM
anyway you slice it chef, cards won.

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 08:37 PM
anyway you slice it chef, cards won.

Yeah, but you picked one game and got it right. I on the other hand, went three out of four. So nyah, nyaah nanyaah nyah! :tongue0011:

Fairwrning
01-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Cowboys 27
Vikings 20
Its gonna be a tuff game..I think Favre makes a critical mistake at the end..he loves to force a pass instead of run..
Cowboys 38
Vikes 34

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 08:45 PM
yeah well, i am a cardinals fan and have been for a long time.
since 1989.
when they moved to arizona.
at least that is when i became aware of them and became a fan.

btw, chef, i went 4 for 4 this week, so eat shit.

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 08:54 PM

Not at this site, you didn't. Care to offer some proof of this, Mr. Wizard?

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Not in this thread you didn't. Care to offer some proof of this, Mr. Wizard?

simple.

between me and my buddies, we make our picks during the week.
put in our $$$, and whoever wins the most games wins the pot.

this week, i won the pot.
$10.
$2 per person.

Fairwrning
01-10-2010, 08:59 PM
simple.

$10.
$2 per person.

ummm..how does that prove anything?

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 09:01 PM
simple.

$10.
$2 per person.

The presupposes two things:

A. You had two dollars
B. You have four buddies.

Neither of which is all that likely.

GO-SPURS-GO
01-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Its gonna be a tuff game..I think Favre makes a critical mistake at the end..he loves to force a pass instead of run..
Cowboys 38
Vikes 34

I agree. If my memory serves correct, the last time (2007?) we faced Farve we knocked him out of the game. I think he's in for a looong afternoon!

ace diamond
01-10-2010, 09:59 PM
The presupposes two things:

A. You had two dollars
B. You have four buddies.

Neither of which is all that likely.

good deduction, my dear watson, i see you are improving your skills.
however, i did have $2, and i do have 4 buddies, each of whom also put in their respective $2.
1. jim
2. rick
3. bill
4. millie
all of whom are pretty pissed off at me for winning their money this week.
better luck next time, my dear watson.
keep practicing.

redblkwht
01-10-2010, 11:25 PM
what's done is done.
A win is a win, and a loss is a loss, regardless of how it happened.

When the music's over, turn out the lights.
For green bay, it's blackout time.
Gimme A Hell Yeah!!

redblkwht
01-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Cowboys 38
Vikes 34I agree but it can go either way, Romo makes that
same mistake throw..

redblkwht
01-10-2010, 11:31 PM
I agree. If my memory serves correct, the last time (2007?) we faced Farve we knocked him out of the game. I think he's in for a looong afternoon!
This year he has better weapons and AP..i dunno bro.
I think it will be more defensive that many dont predict..
20-17 ??

GO-SPURS-GO
01-10-2010, 11:45 PM
This year he has better weapons and AP..i dunno bro.
I think it will be more defensive that many dont predict..
20-17 ??

I think when we played him in 2007 he had better receivers than he has now, but he definitely has a better rb now.

I think it's very possible it will be a more defensive game that what people are expecting. Your final is not too far from what I predicted. :beers8:

PETE'S BROTHER
01-11-2010, 12:20 PM
UPDATE: 15 seconds to go in the first quarter, Ravens up 24 - 0 , and the Patriots are being booed in their own stadium! http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-scared-smileys-366.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-AIM-Smileys/)

they were gettin' booed with 7 min left in the first quarter. that was great.

MAX
01-11-2010, 12:56 PM
yeah well, i am a cardinals fan and have been for a long time.
since 1989.
when they moved to arizona.
at least that is when i became aware of them and became a fan.

Actually the Cards moved to Arizona in 1988 and were The Phoenix Cardinals at first.

Kristy
01-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Well all of my picks were wrong but that won't stop me from making next weeks predictions

Jets vs. Chargers: Chargers Reason Jets play too sloppy for a team like the Chargers. No matter how much of a dufus Rivers is, he's gonna pull apart the Jets defense in big chunks

Ravens vs. Colts: Colts Reason Ravens had their fun in the sun and while they have a surprising offense it's nowhere near on the same level as Indy.

Cowboys vs. Vikings: Vikings Reason Fuck the Cowboys

Cardinal vs. Saints: Saints Reason Because they are the Saints.

So look for them to all be wrong.

hambon4lif
01-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Well all of my picks were wrong but that won't stop me from making next weeks predictions

Jets vs. Chargers: Chargers Reason Jets play too sloppy for a team like the Chargers. No matter how much of a dufus Rivers is, he's gonna pull apart the Jets defense in big chunks

Ravens vs. Colts: Colts Reason Ravens had their fun in the sun and while they have a surprising offense it's nowhere near on the same level as Indy.

So look for them to all be wrong.Don't worry, I just dropped money on the same four picks this morning, which means I probably vexed it all to fuck......

Fairwrning
01-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Well all of my picks were wrong but that won't stop me from making next weeks prediction

well..at least you have a good reason

but ill be quoting you again next week
;)

redblkwht
01-12-2010, 12:06 PM

So look for them to all be wrong.

Im thinkin your picking all the faves here..lol
theres NO way Indy is losing this game at home.
Jets may be the surprise here #1 defense in the league &
i think SD is overachievers so there you have it-
saints cards, flip a coin..Vikes all day long Romo is in trouble now.

Mr Walker
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Cardinals
Colts
Cowboys
Jets

Va Beach VH Fan
01-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Saints
Colts
Vikings
Jets

GO-SPURS-GO
01-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Cowboys
Cardinals
Chargers
Colts

GO-SPURS-GO
01-12-2010, 05:03 PM
saints
colts
vikings
jets

boooo...

Kristy
01-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Nope, no Cowboys.

So sorry.....not:biggrin:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-12-2010, 05:50 PM
boooo...

Feel fortunate you've won a playoff game for the first time since the Clinton Administration....

ace diamond
01-12-2010, 06:02 PM
gimme a hell yeah!!

hell fucking yeah, motherfucker!!!!

Fairwrning
01-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Feel fortunate you've won a playoff game for the first time since the Clinton Administration....

Geez..spoken like a true Steeler fan..Cmon VA..I hate the Steelers but Im pretty sure I said in a thread somewhere they would be extremely dangerous IF they got in the playoffs.You cant possibly believe Dallas was lucky to beat Philly. I give Minnesota big props..loaded team..I do think Dallas will find a way to win but wont be surprised if they lose to the Vikes. How bout just a little credit for a team that is playing as well as anybody in the NFL.

Dallas
N. Orleans
Indy
S. Diego

ace diamond
01-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Jets
colts
vikings(just for you, nate)
cardinals

these are my picks for this weekend.

Jets, because the chargers, rivers especially, have a nasty habit of fucking choking in the play-offs.
Also, sanchez has a killer rep for stepping up his game in post season when @usc.
2006 rose bowl not withstanding.

Colts because payton manning.
Nuff said.

Vikings because brett farve, and because the cowboys will choke. I FUCKING HATE THE DALLAS COWBOYS.
This one's for you, natedog!

Cardinals, because i am a fan and loyal to my team through all those really horrible years of getting badly stomped and being the laughing stock of the nfl.

Nobody is laughing at us now.
Nobody is dismissing us and counting the cardinals out.
We are serious contenders now.
20 years of suffering and then the nfc title,
but lost the superbowl.

Hey, it was one hell of a superbowl.
Could have gone either way.

Kristy
01-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Vikes all day long Romo is in trouble now.

I'll give Romo lots of credit in that he is probably the most unappreciated QB in the NFL. Like I said about the dude he is squarely carrying his team in his shoulders. His O-line is terrible because Romo gets his ass clocked in about every game and you know the Vikings are going to blitz and blitz and blitz at him all day. His receivers are unreliable and Barber hasn't been the same since pulling a hammy back in September...so it's all pretty much Romo and if he can put up points (the playoffs are all about putting up points) early they may have a shot at winning but I don't see that happening.

The Vikings on the other hand have too many weapons for Dallas to contend with and Farve may be old and a prima donna and a dick but he's really not playing as sloppy as times past so if he can remain focused the Vikes will pull this off no problem.

Kristy
01-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Jets, because the chargers, rivers especially, have a nasty habit of fucking choking in the play-offs.

True. But the Jets are no match for the Chargers. Impressive and surprising the Jets defense may be, the only way they're going to beat the Bolts is by pissing Rivers off, disrupting his rhythm and keeping Tomlinson under 3 - 4 yards a carry. But the Jets are more of a physical than psychological defense and Rivers is going to tear them apart piece by piece. Rivers will choke against Indy. Guaranteed.

Fairwrning
01-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Everybody seems to be forgetting about THIS guyhttp://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bJP0jObOTfPo/340x.jpg..with or without Barber, Dallas can still run..Minny is 2nd best vs. the run..Dallas is 4th..Peterson 7 fumbles..Felix..3 fumbles..yes AP has more carries..gonna be interesting

Va Beach VH Fan
01-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Geez..spoken like a true Steeler fan..Cmon VA..I hate the Steelers but Im pretty sure I said in a thread somewhere they would be extremely dangerous IF they got in the playoffs.You cant possibly believe Dallas was lucky to beat Philly. I give Minnesota big props..loaded team..I do think Dallas will find a way to win but wont be surprised if they lose to the Vikes. How bout just a little credit for a team that is playing as well as anybody in the NFL.

Dallas
N. Orleans
Indy
S. Diego

Don't put words in my mouth, you hick fuck.... ;)

I didn't say Dallas got lucky, now did I ??

And yes, they're playing well... But it ends this weekend....

So, like I said, enjoy it while it lasts....

ace diamond
01-12-2010, 06:53 PM
True. Rivers will choke. Guaranteed.

this part of your post i fully agree with.
the rest of it i do not.
jets defense is going to mkae 1 mr. phillip rivers extremely fucking miserable.

look for the jets to blitz him a lot more.
also, i wouldn't rule out the jets using a 4-3 defense in this game.
i don't see the nyj defense letting tomlinson off of a rather short leash.
he is a big threat and a concern, so look for the jets to be more than prepared to shut L.T. down this weekend.

harrasing and sacking rivers, as well as keeping tomlinson on a very short leash will be the key to victory for the new york jets defense.
look for this one to be a low scoring game.
i suspect a defensive battle.

the defense will be the key to victory for both teams, but if that is going to be the case, i see the jets coming out on top in this one.

look for san diego to commit multiple turnover, and to have trouble moving the ball down the field.
special teams will be getting a healthy amount of playing time on the field, especially the punting team.

chefcraig
01-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Ravens
Cards
Cowboys
Chargers

This might sound like a dumb reason for picking Baltimore over Indy, but I'm basing it on karma. I feel that cheating the fans out of a potential undefeated season will come back to haunt them. And there would be some poetic justice if they are beaten by the city they crept away from in the dead of night in 1984.

Fairwrning
01-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Don't put words in my mouth, you hick fuck.... ;)

I didn't say Dallas got lucky, now did I ??

And yes, they're playing well... But it ends this weekend....

So, like I said, enjoy it while it lasts....

You didnt say lucky..but you did say fortunate..AND you picked Philly ya bastard..:tongue0011:
I gotta edit the playing well part into my sig.;)

GO-SPURS-GO
01-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Nope, no Cowboys.

So sorry.....not:biggrin:

Me-->:fighting0056:<--You :biggrin:

:fighting0030:

GO-SPURS-GO
01-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Everybody seems to be forgetting about THIS guyhttp://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bJP0jObOTfPo/340x.jpg..with or without Barber, Dallas can still run..Minny is 2nd best vs. the run..Dallas is 4th..Peterson 7 fumbles..Felix..3 fumbles..yes AP has more carries..gonna be interesting

Do you blog at DallasCowboys.com? If you do, remember when most people there were saying that we should trade up to get McFadden? Man, every time he touches the ball I feel something big is about to happen. ;) What does he average per run, like 19.9 yards? :biggrin:

Fairwrning
01-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Felix, Rice and C Johnson are the most explosive backs in the league..I dont blog anywhere..I just like to talk shit here:rockon::rockon:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-12-2010, 07:36 PM
You didnt say lucky..but you did say fortunate..AND you picked Philly ya bastard..:tongue0011:
I gotta edit the playing well part into my sig.;)

For as much as I hate everything to do with both Dallas and Philly, I had to go with Philly so the fraud that is "America's Team" can be proven once again....

That's OK, a one week delay is fine....

Kristy
01-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Me-->:fighting0056:<--You :biggrin:

:fighting0030:

Okay, tell me why you think they are going to win.

sadaist
01-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Ravens
Cards
Cowboys
Chargers

This might sound like a dumb reason for picking Baltimore over Indy, but I'm basing it on karma. I feel that cheating the fans out of a potential undefeated season will come back to haunt them. And there would be some poetic justice if they are beaten by the city they crept away from in the dead of night in 1984.

My picks too. Colts will lose since they will have not played in almost a month and the Ravens are fired up. Cowboys? I don't know. I just want to play them in the Super Bowl if we (Chargers) get there.

I just foresee a Ravens/Chargers AFC title game in San Diego. Although I bet the network & NFL are hoping for Colts/Jets just for more advertising dollars.

GO-SPURS-GO
01-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Okay, tell me why you think they are going to win.

Well okay, the Vikings are 2 and 3 their last 5 games and the last game they won came over a Giants team that rolled over and quit in their last 2 games. The Cowboys have won 4 straight and seem to have grown a pair this past month. Their healthy, their hot, and the finally got that BIG monkey off their back!

I think they will put so much pressure on Farve that he'll make some mistakes that will give the Cowboys some easy scores and I think AP will fumble a time or two that will kill a few crucial drives.

Whoever makes the least amount of mistakes will win this game, and I believe the Cowboys are a more focused team right now. That's why I'm going with Cowboys 27
Vikings 20 ;)

Why do you feel differently? :)

kwame k
01-12-2010, 11:07 PM
I want to see Farve win it for no other reason than he's the same age as me and what a statement that would make about age in the NFL.

Mr Walker
01-13-2010, 08:44 AM
True. But the Jets are no match for the Chargers. Impressive and surprising the Jets defense may be, the only way they're going to beat the Bolts is by pissing Rivers off, disrupting his rhythm and keeping Tomlinson under 3 - 4 yards a carry. But the Jets are more of a physical than psychological defense and Rivers is going to tear them apart piece by piece. Rivers will choke against Indy. Guaranteed.

I have to pick the Jets because I'm a fan... but I think the only way they will beat the Bolts is by playing them the way they did the Bengals in week 17. Run...run...run... (SD's run defense is their achilles heel), keep the ball away from Rivers, and not turn the ball over. The Jets are undefeated in games where they win the turnover battle.

Fairwrning
01-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Im gonna change 2 picks.Ravens are gonna knock off Indy..Colts D is good but the Ravens running game is awesome...Arizona is gonna beat the Saints..I can just sense these two teams are destined to win.
Ravens
Chargers
Cowboys
Cardinals

chefcraig
01-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Im gonna change 2 picks.Ravens are gonna knock off Indy..Colts D is good but the Ravens running game is awesome...Arizona is gonna beat the Saints..I can just sense these two teams are destined to win.
Ravens
Chargers
Cowboys
Cardinals

So far, that makes four of us (Dan, sadaist, yourself and me). Personally, I'm not offering any bold statements to back this up, it's more a series of gut feelings. Besides, if there is anything to be learned about this particular season in the NFL, it's that anyone can beat anybody on a given week. The Raiders beat the Eagles, ya know? :biggrin:

indeedido
01-14-2010, 05:01 PM
J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

ace diamond
01-14-2010, 06:47 PM
J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

what he said!:biggrin:

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Colts
Chargers
Cowboys
Saints

The Cowboys have the number two offense in the NFL. They finished 4 yds per game behind the Saints for the number one spot. Romo has weapons galore. Miles Austin, top 5 receiver in this league, Jason Witten, Felix Jones, Crayton, Choice, and Roy Williams is coming around. Their offensive line is one of the best in the league, contrary to what Kristy says. You don't put up numbers like Dallas has all season long without having a dominate O-line. The Vikings are a very good team but I like the Boys to outscore them. 31-20

Mr Walker
01-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Saints just re-signed Deuce McAllister and he might actually see some carries Saturday night.

Deuce is back!

Dave Cohen Reporting

The New Orleans Saints have signed former Black and Gold running back Deuce McAllister.

Sources confirm McAllister is back on the team after more than a year away from football.

During the offseason, the Saints released McAllister who had been struggling with multiple knee injuries.

We are awaiting details on McAllister's planned role with the Saints as they prepare for a divisional playoff game with the Cardinals. So far, officials are only saying he is on the "active roster."

Stay tuned to WWL AM & FM and WWL.com for the latest.

Mr Walker
01-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Looks like the Deuce deal was more of a good karma kind of thing.
He'll be there as an honorary captain and inactive.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-15-2010, 03:37 PM
i'm wearing my saints jersey today at work, just to piss off all the cardinal fans here.

chi-town324
01-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Cards
Vikings
Colts
Jets

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Chi-town, what's up my brother? Good to see ya post, but what's up with THOSE picks? :)

MAX
01-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Ravens
Cards
Cowboys
Chargers

I'm with you Craig regarding The Colts. I'm hopin' them to be a bit rusty after a bye and sitting out. Fuck 'em. Baltimore (both city and fans) deserve payback, imo.

I'm also hoping for either Favre or Warner to make it again, just cos I'm their age. Plus, I hate The Cowboys so fuck them too!!!

I'll pass on The Chargers as well but I think they'll easily end The Jets run.

ace diamond
01-15-2010, 05:49 PM
i'm wearing my saints jersey today at work, just to piss off all the cardinal fans here.

:fupunk::asshole::upyours::finger-attitude::finger33:
:girl-finger::alien::smiley-sniffer:
:deadhorse::devils::fighting0056::fighting0066:
:war: :fighting0061:
:wow2::fighting0043::chainsaw:
:sign0090:
:give-the-finger::mad2:

chefcraig
01-15-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm with you Craig regarding The Colts. I'm hopin' them to be a bit rusty after a bye and sitting out. Fuck 'em. Baltimore (both city and fans) deserve payback, imo.

I'm also hoping for either Favre or Warner to make it again, just cos I'm their age. Plus, I hate The Cowboys so fuck them too!!!

I'll pass on The Chargers as well but I think they'll easily end The Jets run.

I hear ya. I was looking at the Vegas lines this week, and there isn't a single game picked by more than a touchdown. So even the odds makers are saying that these games are pretty much pick-em, and whoever has the ball last is going to win.

I really don't have a vested interest in any of these teams, so like you in some ways I'm pulling towards sentimentality. As for laying cash however, I'm going strictly with what my gut tells me are logical choices. No real insight is being applied in these picks, it's more a manner of judging which way the wind is blowing. And yes, these picks could end up blowing as well. :biggrin:

MAX
01-15-2010, 06:11 PM
I hear ya. I was looking at the Vegas lines this week, and there isn't a single game picked by more than a touchdown. So even the odds makers are saying that these games are pretty much pick-em, and whoever has the ball last is going to win.

I really don't have a vested interest in any of these teams, so like you in some ways I'm pulling towards sentimentality. As for laying cash however, I'm going strictly with what my gut tells me are logical choices. No real insight is being applied in these picks, it's more a manner of judging which way the wind is blowing. And yes, these picks could end up blowing as well. :biggrin:

I'm still excited to watch the games, I mean it's still footy. I just don't like Dallas nor Indy. I'll be a happy man if they lose. :gulp:

ace diamond
01-15-2010, 07:33 PM
what he said.

chefcraig
01-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Holy smokes! What an astounding half of football!

The Cards defense is having the same issues it had in the second half of last week's game, namely they can't get off the field. Reggie Bush is unstoppable, and Drew is having a phenomenal game as well.

Hope Warner can get fixed up during halftime, as he took one hell of a shot chasing down an interception. Fucking turnovers!

kwame k
01-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Warner showed some balls on that play...they're saying it's his chest.....No Warner, The Cards are toast.

Fairwrning
01-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Another dirty hit by Arizona..dude dove at Brees knee..just as bad as the helmet to helmet on Rodgers last week..now I hope these scumbags get the score ran up on em

kwame k
01-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Did all of us pick Fitzgerald?

chefcraig
01-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Boy, did I ever get that game wrong.

Kristy
01-17-2010, 01:56 AM
HA! I stand correct as 50% thus far.

Both of today's games were predictable somewhat. I just hope I never have to sit through another painful Deardorf commentary! ~geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!~

redblkwht
01-17-2010, 02:10 AM
For as much as I hate everything to do with both Dallas and Philly, I had to go with Philly so the fraud that is "America's Team" can be proven once again....

That's OK, a one week delay is fine....
I LOVE IT!!!!! thx for the reminder VA-

sadaist
01-17-2010, 04:26 AM

So, what you're saying is you're just as correct as you are incorrect? At 50%, the wrong pick cancels out the right pick. So you're not any more right than you are wrong.

sadaist
01-17-2010, 04:28 AM
Another dirty hit by Arizona..dude dove at Brees knee..just as bad as the helmet to helmet on Rodgers last week..now I hope these scumbags get the score ran up on em

I missed the whole game. Just as well, blowouts are kinda boring anyways. But did they dominate as much as the score reflected? Or was any attributable to the Cards giving it away?

Fairwrning
01-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Saints DOMINATED in every way..Cards looked good on opening drive..that was it.

Fairwrning
01-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Stupid decision by Wade..Suisham is incapable of making a 48 yarder..ya gotta go for that 4th and 1

Fairwrning
01-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Sidney Rice is a bad man...

Little Texan
01-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Well, Vikings just scored again...that's the game. Dallas's O-Line couldn't pass protect against the Vikings D today, and that was the story of the game, as well as Dallas not being able to stop the Vikings offense. Oh well...should be a great NFC Championship game next weekend.

Fairwrning
01-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Should be a good one for sure..both teams looked really good this weekend

PETE'S BROTHER
01-17-2010, 04:01 PM

Both of today's games were predictable somewhat. I just hope I never have to sit through another painful Deardorf commentary! ~geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!~

i hate that fat fuck ! fuckin' cowboys, what the hell.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-17-2010, 04:41 PM
go bolts

Fairwrning
01-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Only thing that can make this day tolerable would be Rex Ryan handed his ass..hes even worse than his dad as far as being a big mouth duchebag

PETE'S BROTHER
01-17-2010, 05:02 PM
my buddy wanted wade phillips to be fired right there on the field

NATEDOG001976
01-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Cowgirl's got Clown-stomped!

sadaist
01-17-2010, 08:02 PM
HAHA. I wonder if the Chargers are gonna fire Nate Kaeding. Missed all three field goal attempts. Only needed one to have it a tie game, but miss all 3? What really going to be interesting is what if anything they do with Norv. Marty was fired for taking us 15-1 and not winning a playoff game. So they brought in Norv. 13-3, still no playoff game win. I like Marty. Hope he gets another job soon. Would like to see what he can do with someone like the Bills.

Oh well. End of an era in San Diego. LT is gone, Merriman has a good chance of it as well. Come next season it will be a very different looking team. Sad they could never pull it together come crunch time.

Props to the Jets.

On the bright side, as an NFL fan, this was the best game of the 4 this weekend. Should be some doozies next weekend.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Saints
Colts
Vikings
Jets

Why you should NEVER question my expertise....

NEVER !!!

chefcraig
01-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Saints
Colts
Vikings
Jets

Why you should NEVER question my expertise....

NEVER !!!

And further evidence why you should never throw good money at mine:

Ravens
Cards
Cowboys
Chargers

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Battle/bricks.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Battle-Smileys.html) http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Computer-Smileys/) http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-ashamed-smileys-705.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Winking-Smileys/)

Fairwrning
01-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Jets
Philly
New England
Green Bay

Yeah,Ok Va..heres your picks from the first rd;)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Yeah,Ok Va..heres your picks from the first rd;)

I have no recollection of that.... ;)

ace diamond
01-17-2010, 10:21 PM
alright, i know i've got some come-uppance headed my way.
even though, i did go 3 for 4 this week, the one loss was my arizona cardinals.
congrats to the new orleans saints, and may the vikings beat the fucking shit out of your asses next week!

Fairwrning
01-17-2010, 11:00 PM
I have no recollection of that.... ;)

Which is exactly why I felt the need to jar your memory:muahaha

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Hats off to all Vikings, Saints, Colts and Jets fans. I'll take the Colts and Vikings to play in the Super Bowl. If that happens, it could be the highest rated/most watched Super Bowl of all time.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-18-2010, 01:18 PM
If that happens, it could be the highest rated/most watched Super Bowl of all time.

There's a few couple ways to measure that though...

For the actual rating, the highest was a 49.1 for SB XVI between the Niners and Bengals... It hasn't been even over 45 since SB XXX (Cowgirls/Steelers)....

For the share, the best was a 78 share in SB X (Cowgirls/Steelers).... It hasn't even hit 70 since SB XX (Bears/Patriots)....

So I highly doubt it's going to break any records.....

ace diamond
01-18-2010, 01:21 PM

For the actual rating, the highest was a 49.1 for SB XVI between the Niners and Bengals... It hasn't been even over 45 since SB XXX (Cowgirls/Steelers)....

For the share, the best was a 78 share in SB X (Cowgirls/Steelers).... It hasn't even hit 70 since SB XX (Bears/Patriots)....

oh snap, there you go with posting facts and stuff.......
:D

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-19-2010, 04:26 PM

The reason behind these numbers has to be program selection. Back in the mid 80's, and early 80's there was maybe 13 channels of shit on the tv to choose from. In the 70's only about 3. Now, there are endless channels to choose from. With that said, I would still have to believe that if there is indeed a Favre/Manning Super Bowl, it will be the highest rated in recent history. IMHO

Va Beach VH Fan
01-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Aaaaah, RECENT history....

You may have something there... ;)

Kristy
01-23-2010, 04:07 PM
My predictions:

Looks for the Jets to come out strong pulling all sorts of defensive mis-matches but run out of their bag of tricks by early third quarter. Manning will organize and deliver on some impressive drives in the fourth only to shut the mouth of Rex for good.

Colts: 27
Jets: 10

As for the Saints/Vikes. I have a feeling Farve will fuck this up. And he'll fuck it all up if he gets confused to the Saints defensive schemes and crowd noise; he'll lose his nerve and resort to the same ol Bret. The Saints on the other hand will play conservative establishing the run over the pass and basically wear out the Vikes defense by attrition.

Saints: 36
Vikes: 24

MAX
01-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Fuckin' A am I stoked for tomorrow!!!

I'm hopin' that The Vikes beat The Aint's along with a Jets upset over The Colts. Don't think the latter's gonna happen but do think Favre's gonna pull off this one!!!

WHOOPIDY FUCKING HOO!!!

chefcraig
01-24-2010, 09:43 AM
The Colts/Jets game looks to me like it could be a repeat of the Dolphins/Colts match up from earlier in the season. Miami dominated the ball and the clock for roughly 55 minutes. In the mere 5 minutes Manning had possession, he came back and clobbered the 'Phins to win the game.

As for the Vikings/Saints, I have no pick, as it could go either way. I'd like to see Favre get to the S.B. representing older guys, yet I'd like to see N.O. get to their first S.B. as well. Nope, no dog in this hunt for me.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-24-2010, 10:15 AM
I'd like to say one last thing:

If Manning and Favray both make it to the Super Bowl, I think I may have to put a fucking bullet in my head before I listen to that lovefest....

That is all.... ;)

ace diamond
01-24-2010, 02:39 PM
I'd like to say one last thing:

If Manning and Favray both make it to the Super Bowl, I think I may have to put a fucking bullet in my head before I listen to that lovefest....

That is all.... ;)

sadly, i gotta agree with ya on this one.
farve yes,manning no.
a farve vs. sanchez match-up would be very interesting.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-25-2010, 09:15 AM
who dat?