PDA

View Full Version : Roger Goodell/NFL: Incentives for meaningless games

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 01:46 PM
With all of the controversy over the past week about whether or not playoff teams should play starters for meaningless games, it's good to see a commissioner actually answer the call...unlike all other major sports...

Goodell is hoping to add incentives, either with money or draft picks, to teams that play starters throughout the season.

Obviously, and he has stated as much, the idea will need to be tinkered with before it can be implemented to make sure it's both fair, and can't be taken advantage of...

but whether or not it works...at least it's being talked about.

I legitimately think this is a 50/50 split on whether or not to change it...we shall see...

Fairwrning
01-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Not sure how more money is gonna help..or make a difference..these guys certainly dont need the cash..of course greed is a different animal...and most certainly the "injuries" will be happening at a record pace the last few weeks.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Giving draft picks would be absolute horse shit...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
I'd gladly give a late round, sixth or seventh round sandwich pick to a team that actually fucking played late in the season...especially if it means MY team gets in the playoffs.

The absolute horseshit are teams like the Colts...that play like limp fucking dicks at the end of the year because my fat fucking John Deere-riding neighbor is playing QB for them...

High Life Man
01-03-2010, 11:33 PM
They need to get rid of the pro bowl, too. Especially now that it is BEFORE the SB.

POJO_Risin
01-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Wes Welker tears MCL and ACL...there's your case for NOT playing your starters...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-04-2010, 09:26 AM
You also have to include the paying customers.....