X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Got A Question For YNGWIE MALMSTEEN?

Guitar World magazine is now accepting fan questions for legendary Swedish guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen as part of the regular "Dear Guitar Hero" feature. People wishing to ask questions of Yngwie can submit their questions by writing directly to dearguitarhero@guitarworld.com and putting the guitarist's name in the subject line. Remember to include your name in the e-mail body, so you can get credited in the magazine, and impress and annoy your jealous friends! Only the sharpest and funniest questions will be used.

Click here to visit the "Dear Guitar Hero" page.

Malmsteen released a new album called "High Impact" on December 8, 2009. The set was described as "a mind-boggling, high-paced compilation record" featuring a "surprise" bonus track — Yngwie's never-before-released interpretation of the MICHAEL JACKSON mega-hit classic "Beat It", which contains Malmsteen's own magical touch and ex-JUDAS PRIEST/ICED EARTH frontman Tim "Ripper" Owens on vocals.

Audio samples of all the songs that appear on the CD are available for streaming at the guitarist's web site.

Rising Force Records has begun releasing rare archival concert footage that many Malmsteen collectors will want to have. The first is Yngwie in Korea, which was made available on October 13, 2009. This is the raw footage that was shot by the Korean media, and it features no bells and whistles.

Malmsteen in March 2009 released an all-instrumental acoustic album, "Angels Of Love", which contains rearrangements of his ballad songs played on acoustic guitar and string and choir arrangements only. It is a masterpiece showing the tender, delicate version of his classic songs as well as a new composition. Yngwie also released two DVDs via Rising Force Records in March — "Live Animal" and "Live In Budokan".

"Perpetual Flame", the latest full-length studio album from Malmsteen, was the first-ever Yngwie effort to be issued via Rising Force Records, It marked the debut of Malmsteen's new singer, Tim "Ripper" Owens.

Link
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • THEDOCTOR
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Mar 2009

Yeah..."Why are you such a dick?"
    uh oh...he may "unleash the fury on me"

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

I want to know why he keeps using either old shots of himself or extremely photoshopped shots instead of his current fat ass.
      This space for rent.

Comment

• Reverberator
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Aug 2004

I'd ask him why did my YJM strat suck shit out of the box?
        Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
        the chazzers are so lucky
        so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Reverberator
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Coyote
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Dear Yngwie,

Why in the world did you have the "Shreds" videos of you yanked off YouTube?

(As if we didn't know the answer to that...)
            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

I'd ask him if he regrets not joining up with DAVE back in 1985........

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by THEDOCTOR
                Yeah..."Why are you such a dick?"
                He doesn't treat me like a dick, but then again I kinda met him before people started saying all that about him.

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Reverberator
                  I told him about that too, a year later FMIC are supposedly are doing it "right".

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                    I told him about that too, a year later FMIC are supposedly are doing it "right".
                    And to which he replied "I SAID LARGE SIZED AND DOUBLE MAYO, ASSHOLE!"

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Hey GARbage where's the photo's you said you were gonna post???

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Haven't taken them yet, last week we had an event which would be inappropriate discussing with a sphincter-twizzler like yourself here.

We'll finish the neck-bolting thread with pics this weekend. I can see how starved of such info you are, just chomping at the bit for it aren't you? How could I decline such a request.. posed so nicely too I might add.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Back on topic I'd like to hear about the new Seymour Duncan Yngwie Fury pickup...

Pickups for Strat® - STK-S10 YJM Fury - Seymour Duncan/Basslines

When Yngwie J. Malmsteen set out on a quest to bring his tone to a higher level, he turned to Seymour Duncan. The result of hundreds of hours of intense tone pursuit is the YJM Fury: only available from Seymour Duncan.

Application
                            Hum-canceling single-coil-sized pickup based on our original Stack® pickup design. Recommended for rock, neo-classical, shred, hard rock, power metal, and heavy metal.

Description
                            The bridge pickup is aggressive and handles Yngwie's hard-hitting chordal onslaught. The neck pickup balances Yngwie's fluid left hand technique with his broad mix of right hand pick attack for a tone that's sweet and fluid, but with great articulation and responsiveness to dynamics.

Complete setup
                            The YJM series includes a dedicated bridge pickup and a separate neck/middle pickup. Pickups can be purchased individually, in a three-pickup set, or in a pre-wired pickguard ready to drop into your Strat guitar with an 11-screw hole "USA" pattern. The loaded pickguard includes a "no lube" volume potentiometer that meets Yngwie's demands for a very fast and responsive pot.

Guitars
                            The YJM Fury will directly retrofit most single-coil equipped guitars. Though originally designed for a Fender® Strat with a scalloped maple fingerboard, the YJM Fury will work well with any bolt-on guitar that utilizes traditional single-coil-size Strat pickups. The YJM Fury is the same pickup that Fender installs in their YJM Strat guitars.

I mean, my question would be - does it really allow one to unleash the FOOKIN' FURY? Interested to hear 'em.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Reverberator
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Aug 2004

I bet they're exactly the same as the dimarzios . he wouldn't fuck with his tone after all he's said about it , would he ?
                              Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                              the chazzers are so lucky
                              so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
                              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

Working...