PDA

View Full Version : Got A Question For YNGWIE MALMSTEEN?

Diamondjimi
01-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Guitar World magazine is now accepting fan questions for legendary Swedish guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen as part of the regular "Dear Guitar Hero" feature. People wishing to ask questions of Yngwie can submit their questions by writing directly to dearguitarhero@guitarworld.com and putting the guitarist's name in the subject line. Remember to include your name in the e-mail body, so you can get credited in the magazine, and impress and annoy your jealous friends! Only the sharpest and funniest questions will be used.

Click here to visit the "Dear Guitar Hero" (http://www.guitarworld.com/dear_guitar_hero_submit) page.

Malmsteen released a new album called "High Impact" on December 8, 2009. The set was described as "a mind-boggling, high-paced compilation record" featuring a "surprise" bonus track — Yngwie's never-before-released interpretation of the MICHAEL JACKSON mega-hit classic "Beat It", which contains Malmsteen's own magical touch and ex-JUDAS PRIEST/ICED EARTH frontman Tim "Ripper" Owens on vocals.

Audio samples of all the songs that appear on the CD are available for streaming at the guitarist's web site.

Rising Force Records has begun releasing rare archival concert footage that many Malmsteen collectors will want to have. The first is Yngwie in Korea, which was made available on October 13, 2009. This is the raw footage that was shot by the Korean media, and it features no bells and whistles.

Malmsteen in March 2009 released an all-instrumental acoustic album, "Angels Of Love", which contains rearrangements of his ballad songs played on acoustic guitar and string and choir arrangements only. It is a masterpiece showing the tender, delicate version of his classic songs as well as a new composition. Yngwie also released two DVDs via Rising Force Records in March — "Live Animal" and "Live In Budokan".

"Perpetual Flame", the latest full-length studio album from Malmsteen, was the first-ever Yngwie effort to be issued via Rising Force Records, It marked the debut of Malmsteen's new singer, Tim "Ripper" Owens.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/yngwiehighimpactnew.jpg

Link (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132961)

THEDOCTOR
01-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah..."Why are you such a dick?"
uh oh...he may "unleash the fury on me"

indeedido
01-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I want to know why he keeps using either old shots of himself or extremely photoshopped shots instead of his current fat ass. :hitch:

Reverberator
01-06-2010, 02:40 PM
I'd ask him why did my YJM strat suck shit out of the box?

jhale667
01-06-2010, 03:43 PM

:lmao:

Coyote
01-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Dear Yngwie,

Why in the world did you have the "Shreds" videos of you yanked off YouTube?

(As if we didn't know the answer to that...)

Matt White
01-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I'd ask him if he regrets not joining up with DAVE back in 1985........

GAR
01-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Yeah..."Why are you such a dick?"

He doesn't treat me like a dick, but then again I kinda met him before people started saying all that about him.

GAR
01-06-2010, 11:56 PM

I told him about that too, a year later FMIC are supposedly are doing it "right".

Diamondjimi
01-08-2010, 01:19 AM
I told him about that too, a year later FMIC are supposedly are doing it "right".

And to which he replied "I SAID LARGE SIZED AND DOUBLE MAYO, ASSHOLE!"

jhale667
01-08-2010, 01:43 AM
:lmao:

Diamondjimi
01-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Hey GARbage where's the photo's you said you were gonna post???

GAR
01-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Haven't taken them yet, last week we had an event which would be inappropriate discussing with a sphincter-twizzler like yourself here.

We'll finish the neck-bolting thread with pics this weekend. I can see how starved of such info you are, just chomping at the bit for it aren't you? How could I decline such a request.. posed so nicely too I might add.

jhale667
01-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Back on topic :rolleyes: I'd like to hear about the new Seymour Duncan Yngwie Fury pickup...

http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/products/electric/stratocaster/YJM_fury_cr.jpg

Pickups for Strat® - STK-S10 YJM Fury - Seymour Duncan/Basslines (http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/stratocaster/stks10_yjm_fury/)

When Yngwie J. Malmsteen set out on a quest to bring his tone to a higher level, he turned to Seymour Duncan. The result of hundreds of hours of intense tone pursuit is the YJM Fury: only available from Seymour Duncan.

Application
Hum-canceling single-coil-sized pickup based on our original Stack® pickup design. Recommended for rock, neo-classical, shred, hard rock, power metal, and heavy metal.

Description
The bridge pickup is aggressive and handles Yngwie's hard-hitting chordal onslaught. The neck pickup balances Yngwie's fluid left hand technique with his broad mix of right hand pick attack for a tone that's sweet and fluid, but with great articulation and responsiveness to dynamics.

Complete setup
The YJM series includes a dedicated bridge pickup and a separate neck/middle pickup. Pickups can be purchased individually, in a three-pickup set, or in a pre-wired pickguard ready to drop into your Strat guitar with an 11-screw hole "USA" pattern. The loaded pickguard includes a "no lube" volume potentiometer that meets Yngwie's demands for a very fast and responsive pot.

Guitars
The YJM Fury will directly retrofit most single-coil equipped guitars. Though originally designed for a Fender® Strat with a scalloped maple fingerboard, the YJM Fury will work well with any bolt-on guitar that utilizes traditional single-coil-size Strat pickups. The YJM Fury is the same pickup that Fender installs in their YJM Strat guitars.

I mean, my question would be - does it really allow one to unleash the FOOKIN' FURY? :lmao: Interested to hear 'em.

:guitar:

Reverberator
01-09-2010, 12:43 PM
I bet they're exactly the same as the dimarzios . he wouldn't fuck with his tone after all he's said about it , would he ?

jhale667
01-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Buzz is the output's increased a tad, but they're based on the Duncan Classic Stack, which I actually like slightly better than the HS-3, so I'm interested...

Hardrock69
01-12-2010, 01:25 AM
My question for him is "Do you wants some fucking donuts?" :lmao:

GAR
01-12-2010, 01:34 AM
I had one of the first Duncan stacks, the output was rediculous and the tone very thin.

Actually I'm surprised DiMarzio were able to get away with making the HS-1,2 and 3's. They copied Duncan's design and they're difficult to work with.

I hope Seymour buys Larry DiMarzio out and discontinuing the entire line for a decade..

jhale667
01-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Wasn't a fan of the Hot Stack, but the Classics are cool...new stack series is supposedly even better, but haven't heard them yet.

Hardrock69
01-12-2010, 12:36 PM
There. I just sent an email asking him if he wants some donuts. :D

jhale667
01-12-2010, 12:41 PM
That whole "donut" thing always reminds me of the Pantera "Vulgar Video" from back in the day where Dime is literally chasing him around with a box of donuts, with Yngwie retreating to the safety of his bus going "I don't like donuts!"

To which Dime insistently replies

"Oh YES YOU DO, brother!!!" :rofl:

Hardrock69
01-12-2010, 12:49 PM
That is exactly why I asked that question. :D

jhale667
01-12-2010, 07:44 PM
That is exactly why I asked that question. :D

Amazing not only how that has followed him to this day (another footnote in Dime's legacy the joke has outlived him), but also how many permutations there have been of it - the photoshops, some with speech-balloons, others with the donut in his hand while playing...hilarious.

Dude could get as skinny as he was at 19 again, and it wouldn't matter - will still get donut jokes. :hee:

His chops have certainly held up over the years...and I ain't talkin' 'bout his mutton-chops, either. :D

GAR
01-13-2010, 03:35 AM
There. I just sent emailed Vinnie Paul asking him if he thought his fat wasteoid brother Dimebag Darrel can taste donuts in hell.

Hardrock69
01-13-2010, 04:01 AM
Amazing not only how that has followed him to this day (another footnote in Dime's legacy the joke has outlived him), but also how many permutations there have been of it - the photoshops, some with speech-balloons, others with the donut in his hand while playing...hilarious.

True. The joke would not have held up so long if he were not such an arrogant jackoff back in the day. He seems to have mellowed as of late, and appears to be more appreciative of his fans, without being quite so arrogant as he used to be.

In a lot of cases, I have heard through friends that his girlfriend/manager-bitch was the real pain in the ass when they were at the venue before and after the show, but Yngwie himself was a pretty decent guy.

GAR
01-13-2010, 04:13 AM
Mmmm.. Aprils' cool too? Why anyone would say that.. dunno.

Diamondjimi
01-13-2010, 09:54 PM
There. I just sent emailed Vinnie Paul asking him....
I also mentioned that I'm a talentless piece of shit and I deserve a bullet a million times more than his brother ever did...

Eat a gun LOSER!

http://www.youjustmademylist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/michael_vick_dog.jpg

GAR
01-24-2010, 03:12 AM
I did see Malmsteen at the Seymour Duncan booth, however there was 8 Staff Pro guys hanging with him for security and he had his back to me while talking to April and Seymour so I didn't waste time hanging around like the rest of the autograph-takers waiting in a long line. I got the fuck outta there but I WAS thinking of this thread at the time..

Also I read the specs on this new pickup, it's output is 25K which for a passive pickup, is pretty rediculously unnecessary.

I'll have one sent to check out, but I'm not so sure I'm gonna like it.

I somewhat-liked the DiMarzio HS-1 but thought it too weak, then had an HS-3 which I felt too hot.

Man, sometimes you just can't beat the old classic 6K output of a weak, old Strat standard pickup with the staggered poles, up to about 1975. After that year, forget it... the poles were all flat and plain-sounding.

Nitro Express
01-25-2010, 03:05 PM

The Fender Musical Instrument Corporation now are sucking dicks correctly? Good to know you told them how to do it right.

Nitro Express
01-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Wolfie should be in Yngwie's band. They could fight over the doughnuts.

GAR
01-26-2010, 03:15 AM
The Fender Musical Instrument Corporation now are sucking dicks correctly? Good to know you told them how to do it right.

Malmsteen said in articles that "they've revised how they do it to be more accurate" which if I read you correctly, means very little to FMIC to which I'd very much agree with you.

They could really give a damn about how awful a guitar goes out the door: it should have all the parts and screws, pass QC and if it plays well enough that's a bonus on top of it all.

jhale667
01-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Regardless of what you think of the man, his music or guitar playing, he and Evan Skopp from Seymour Duncan did a cool thing for the Hatian relief effort: They took Yngwie out on the shop floor, MJ (the Abigail Ybarra of Duncan) taught him how to wind pickups, and he made a set of custom single-coils to be auctioned on Ebay... :cool:

Yngwie Malmsteen Hand Wound Pickups ? Haiti Benefit - eBay (item 180462593178 end time Feb-07-10 11:26:13 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180462593178)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZT23Os6Bmg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZT23Os6Bmg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

GAR
01-30-2010, 01:37 AM
For some reason I'd like to see him try to wind his own signature pickups guided by hand, not by the tensioner.. uhhh huhuhuhuhuhuhu~!!

Anybody could wind pickups that way.

jhale667
01-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Maybe, but a set of pickups wound by anybody wouldn't already be at over 6 bills with eight days left to bid...

Blackflag
01-30-2010, 02:06 AM
How fucking exciting.

Diamondjimi
01-30-2010, 02:13 AM
How fucking exciting.

Translation:"I'm not a musician, but I play one on a message board." :Loser:

Blackflag
01-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Yeah, that's exactly what it means to not be interested in Yngwie pushing the button on a winding machine. Dolt.

jhale667
01-30-2010, 02:34 AM
How fucking exciting.

Yeah, charity work is so boring...douche. :fufu:

Diamondjimi
01-30-2010, 02:36 AM
Yeah, that's exactly what it means to not be interested in Yngwie pushing the button on a winding machine. Dolt.

Don't like it, stay the fuck out of this thread...

GAR
01-30-2010, 02:40 AM
One one hand, I would really like to help Haiti in any way that I could.

But on the other hand I see John Travolta is now flying all the docs, nurses and emmisaries to fight Lord Xenu and his dark minions off that island.. so finally I can express a bit of relief that all the Theatrons of Scientology got it all under control now.

Blackflag
01-30-2010, 02:55 AM
Yeah, charity work is so boring...douche. :fufu:

Is that what qualifies as charity work now? Really?

jhale667
01-30-2010, 03:33 AM
They'll probably fetch over a grand. All going toward Haitian disaster relief. And your problem with that is.....?

Panamark
01-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Heck a bridge pickup that looks original but is a powerful
humbucker, would have to interest any strat owner......

I love my Hot Rails for the bridge, but they dont look
right....

jhale667
02-08-2010, 11:48 PM
So the Yngwie Duncan set went for $1075 during the Super Bowl. Not too shabby. And other guitar manufacturers are following suit, with guitar/pickup raffles and the like...pretty cool.

And, oh yeah...:D

Heck a bridge pickup that looks original but is a powerful
humbucker, would have to interest any strat owner......

I love my Hot Rails for the bridge, but they dont look
right....

Yeah, not into the " hot rails to hell" look personally, no offense to those using 'em. ;) But that's yet another thing I dig about the Virtual Vintage and Duncan Stacks; they look totally stock - and while you can't get a full "humbucker" tone, the Virtual "Solo" model for example seriously approaches P-90 territory - just barks in a good way...

Duncan just re-worked their Stack set and you can get everything from vintage to SRV-hot - all without the noise, of course. :baaa:

I think the Duncan single-sized humbuckers look funky, but sound great...:umm:

:guitar:

Nitro Express
02-09-2010, 01:38 PM
I hear the new pickup for Yngwie is called the Doughnut Stack and it gets a FAT sound.

jhale667
02-09-2010, 02:07 PM
I hear the new pickup for Yngwie is called the Doughnut Stack and it gets a FAT sound.

Yeah, yeah, you're here all week, try the veal...:rolleyes:

standin
02-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Dear, :umm:ummmm... Sir,
Did you know your wife loved you when she learned how to spell and pronounce your names?
:biggrin: