PDA

View Full Version : New VH News and Dirt Coming Soon

ZahZoo
01-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Winter NAMM kicks off tomorrow in southern California. It's a big trade show for music store merchants if you're not familiar with it. All the major musical equipment manufacturers bring out their latest gear to demo. Plus they drag all their big shot rock star endorced musicians out to demo and sign autographs.

Edweird has something new to sell the EVH brand gear sheep... he'll be announcing his Drop To Hell (D2H) bridge that allows you to detune a hard-tail (non whammy) guitar on the fly... somewhat similar to the D-Tuna he invented for Floyd Rose whammies. Plus I believe he'll be adding Lefties to the Wolfgang guitar offerings in addition to his overpriced cables, picks, effects and shoe wares...

No word on any appearance by the world renowned Rock God. Fender usually will rent a conference/banquet room and only invite their top tier retailers. That's what they did previously with the 5150 III amp. No public meet and greet for King Edweird... most likely... Mucks with his mysterious hermit mode...

So stay tuned... as is the new trend we will hear from the Mighty Van Halen when they gots something to sell us... EVH gear is in booth 300 in the Fender Musical area.

Former Bassplayer, Michael Anthony will be appearing in his usual meet and greet for the fans at the Dean Markley Strings booth. If the published schedule is correct... Mikey will be there Thursday, Friday & Saturday. No times listed though. He usually chats it up with the fans for a couple hours and signs autographs and usually drops a few sound-bites on VH dirt. Good for some cheap entertainment... maybe...

Hopefully someone from here or one of the other VH sites will attend and spread the crap for us. It's not an open to the public type of show. You usually have be or know someone in the industry to get in...

List of concerts, events and celebrity appearances can be found here...

PLAYback - NAMM Show 2010 Supplement (http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/namm/playback-nammshow2010/#/0)

redblkwht
01-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Would it be a surprise to anyone if Ed isnt there because he's avoiding
the Bassplayer?? lol

IMO I wouldnt doubt it a bit..

Don Corleone
01-13-2010, 01:26 PM

Edweird has something new to sell the EVH brand gear sheep... he'll be announcing his Drop To Hell (D2H) bridge that allows you to detune a hard-tail (non whammy) guitar on the fly... somewhat similar to the D-Tuna he invented for Floyd Rose whammies. Plus I believe he'll be adding Lefties to the Wolfgang guitar offerings in addition to his overpriced cables, picks, effects and shoe wares...
PLAYback - NAMM Show 2010 Supplement (http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/namm/playback-nammshow2010/#/0)

He also has the EVH Brand Wolfgang Special due out as well this year - same as the previous model in pretty much every detail (despite what maybe claimed), but it now says EVH on the headstock.

UK ROCKER
01-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Winter NAMM kicks off tomorrow in southern California. It's a big trade show for music store merchants if you're not familiar with it. All the major musical equipment manufacturers bring out their latest gear to demo. Plus they drag all their big shot rock star endorced musicians out to demo and sign autographs.

No word on any appearance by the world renowned Rock God. Fender usually will rent a conference/banquet room and only invite their top tier retailers. That's what they did previously with the 5150 III amp. No public meet and greet for King Edweird... most likely... Mucks with his mysterious hermit mode...

So stay tuned... as is the new trend we will hear from the Mighty Van Halen when they gots something to sell us... EVH gear is in booth 300 in the Fender Musical area.

Former Bassplayer, Michael Anthony will be appearing in his usual meet and greet for the fans at the Dean Markley Strings booth. If the published schedule is correct... Mikey will be there Thursday, Friday & Saturday. No times listed though. He usually chats it up with the fans for a couple hours and signs autographs and usually drops a few sound-bites on VH dirt. Good for some cheap entertainment... maybe...

Hopefully someone from here or one of the other VH sites will attend and spread the crap for us. It's not an open to the public type of show. You usually have be or know someone in the industry to get in...

List of concerts, events and celebrity appearances can be found here...

I suppose with all the prep Ed has put into his gear and this expo will have put the song writing / recording back a bit again :)

Panamark
01-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Heck if he can have a few looseners, flash the recent dental
work and go home....... Then its all good.....

If I was Ed I would take the stay at home option, for sure, for sure.

ZahZoo
01-15-2010, 10:09 AM
I guess the D2H and Lefty Wolfgangs didn't make the show... Now selling Wolfgang pickups and 2 new finishes on the guitar. Sorry no new shoes...

Surprising though... Ed made an appearance...

http://www.evhgear.com/news/news_images/14/EVHIAN.jpg

Scott Ian of Anthrax and Eddie Van Halen in Anaheim, Calif., at the 2010 EVH Showcase. Eddie was on-hand to announce two new finish options (Black Cherry Burst and Trans Amber) for the EVH Wolfgang guitar and to preview new products coming to the EVH line later this year.

Contact an authorized EVH dealer for more information.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Eddie was on-hand to announce two new finish options (Black Cherry Burst and Trans Amber) for the EVH Wolfgang guitar and to preview the new Van Halen album coming out later this year.

Fixed.... ;)

Vinnie Velvet
01-15-2010, 10:41 AM
At least Ed still looks good.

Certainly better than in Jan 2007 or dare I say 2003!

ZahZoo
01-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Fixed.... ;)

Good work!!

How come I didn't get any red flannels for christmas... is this the new rock star look?

Dan
01-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Good work!!

How come I didn't get any red flannels for christmas... is this the new rock star look?

Flannel Is The New Look For 2010.:hitch:

Nitro Express
01-15-2010, 04:40 PM
I guess the D2H and Lefty Wolfgangs didn't make the show... Now selling Wolfgang pickups and 2 new finishes on the guitar. Sorry no new shoes...

Surprising though... Ed made an appearance...

http://www.evhgear.com/news/news_images/14/EVHIAN.jpg

To be honest. I gravitated to my Peavey Wolfgang and play it the most, just because I love the pickups and the neck. It's actually a real versatile guitar and I can get this real cool,rauchy, like Telecaster vibe with it or it sounds great clean or it can rip your head off. The harmonics and overtones are great.

I've played through the 5150 III amp head and for me it does everything. It has every sound I ever could want from clean to mean.

I actually want those guitars and stacks in the picture. They make me drool.

Nitro Express
01-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't care if Ed whores gear and has his own brand. I wish he would make some more great music with that stuff with Roth, cut an album and go out on the road again with it. When he could play, his live sound was great. Ed. The equipment is great, now do something increadable with it.

Nitro Express
01-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Flannel Is The New Look For 2010.:hitch:

Grunge is back I guess. EVH will be selling those shirts soon enough.

ZahZoo
01-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Mike, Nuno & Duggan...

http://twitpic.com/y4xq5

chefcraig
01-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Grunge is back I guess. EVH will be selling those shirts soon enough.

You would have thought that by now Neil Young would have patented the look, since he created it with Crazy Horse sometime back in 1969 or so.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1267/everybodyknowsthisisnow.jpg (http://img29.imageshack.us/i/everybodyknowsthisisnow.jpg/)

Terry
01-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Well, I have devices that can drop the tuning on my guitar to the key of D fairly quickly as well.

They're called tuning pegs. They came with the guitar.

D-tuning is for pussies anyway.