X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

AFC Championship: NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts

I believe the Jets streak comes to a grinding halt against Peyton Manning and the Colts next Sunday, as the Colts won't be resting their starters in the 3rd quarter like last time. 38-10 Colts
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Colts 31
    Jets 20
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ace diamond
      Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
      I believe the Jets streak comes to a grinding halt against Peyton Manning and the Colts next Sunday, as the Colts won't be resting their starters in the 3rd quarter like last time. 38-10 Colts
      as much as i really would like to see the jets win and play in the big game,
      it's not likely going to happen.
      especially since this game is in indy.
      they have an ice cube's chances of survival in hell.
      Originally posted by hideyoursheep
      When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
      "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Peyton Manning..period..but this is gonna be low scoring
        Colts 24
        Jets 14

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuhuhuhuh

I normally don't like the Jets and normally wanna pull for the Colts, but in a way, I want to see WARF party like a mofo for the next week if they won.

where the fuck is WARF?
          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• indeedido
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

Nobody thought the Jets would beat the Bengals.

Nobody thought the Jets would beat the Chargers.

Nobody thinks the Jets will beat the Colts.

What's next? Nobody thinks the Jets will beat the Vikings/Saints?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOPzbtF_yhQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOPzbtF_yhQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
            This space for rent.

Comment

• ace diamond
              Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by indeedido

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOPzbtF_yhQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOPzbtF_yhQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
              i would love to see the jets pull it off.
              all i am saying is the odds aren't in the jets favor.
              that's all.
              it can be done.
              it has been done before.
              i will be done again.
              will it be the jets this year?
              i hope so.
              we'll just have to wait and see.
              Originally posted by hideyoursheep
              When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
              "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Colts 24
                Jets 17
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• redblkwht
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido

Holy cow dude your in hook line & sinker..good luck!
                  I do dig the underdog but cant see the Colts faltering..

EUAS

Comment

• indeedido
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

I wasn't drinking the kool-aid until about an hour after the chargers game. That game had me on the edge of my seat for three hours. I thought it was the same ol' Jets. Nice to see them finally be on the winning end of one of those.

They can do it if they stick to the game plan. Before the Colts pulled the starters in the third quarter of the Jets game it was 15-10. They have a shot. If the Jets can keep it a close game, they are built to win. If they let the Colts out to a big lead, they're done. The Jets ground game really wears a defense down. If the score stays low, the Jets offensive line will wear down the Colts front four. They'll have to get to Payton more than they did Rivers though.
                    This space for rent.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ace diamond
                      as much as i really would like to see the jets win and play in the big game,
                      it's not likely going to happen.
                      especially since this game is in indy.
                      they have an ice cube's chances of survival in hell.
                      satan already said he makes ice cream in hell.......
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2006

Colts 27-10.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

The Jets hung with the Colts and were only down by five when they pulled their starters midway through the third quarter. If the Jets can hang, keep it close and keep hitting and hitting and hitting Manning... he will make that one bad throw that the Jets will capitalize on.

Jets 24
                          Colts 20

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

I don't think you can put a whole lot of weight into that first matchup... Yes, the Colts didn't pull the starters until the 3rd quarter, but they knew that was going to happen... I'm a huge believer in the psychological aspect of sports, and the Colts' mindset was one of playing out the string, starting in that game....

Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for the Jets, but I don't think they've got the offensive horses to win over Peyton...
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                              The Jets hung with the Colts and were only down by five when they pulled their starters midway through the third quarter. If the Jets can hang, keep it close and keep hitting and hitting and hitting Manning... he will make that one bad throw that the Jets will capitalize on.
                              It's a Catch-22 situation: If the Jets go with a blitz, it leaves the secondary wide open, which Manning loves to exploit. The key to this is how quickly NY is in getting off the snap and into Indy's backfield. And remember, Manning responds differently than most QBs when he's under attack. He doesn't get nervous responding with happy feet, chucking the ball into unwise areas. And he doesn't get sacked that much, either. (In fact, I think he's only been sacked something like 10 times all season.)

So the Jets will have to come often and fast for this defensive scheme to work. I never would have thought that they'd handle San Diego that way, as the Chargers had managed to score 20 points a game over the last several games. But stuff them they did, on the road no less.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...