PDA

View Full Version : Dave and John 5 recording

Vinnie Velvet
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
......and he also said that Dave is still with VH.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/john-5-recording-t49400.html

Anonymous
01-18-2010, 06:38 PM

Well, with all due respect to the Showstoppa VV, I'll just take a shit on this parade, right at the beginning of it.

That post is from some dude who CLAIMS John 5 told him that.

How do we know it's not an Ass Liemond, whoops I mean, a bullshit?

Cheers! :bottle:

chefcraig
01-18-2010, 06:48 PM
We'll see. For all we know, Dave was just recording demos. It's funny how these rumors come about in the first place. Seriously, by reading the article about Roth doing some vocal effects for an upcoming horror movie, the story could be written in such a manner that you'd believe he was in a studio working with Gene Simmons, which he was, yet he wasn't (if you catch my drift). http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-ashamed-smileys-705.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Forum-Smileys/)

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/main-vh-dlr-discussion/57718-dave-provides-howl-effects-wolfman.html

jhale667
01-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Not sure which member of Fan Halen posted that, but if it's the one I know he's not one to fib...but even if it is true, they could just be demos for songs he's bringing in to VH (except for the "a record" part).

Take Gene, for example - hires ghost guitarists to flesh out his ideas before presenting them to the rest of the band...it's not unheard of.

joe d'amato
01-18-2010, 08:38 PM
... it's possible dave could be doing a solo album while still in van halen. hopefully it's true ...

DaveTheScott
01-18-2010, 08:38 PM
We all know how much of a fan the Sisters are of bandmates working on outside projects...stand the fuck by...

:luck:

sadaist
01-18-2010, 09:21 PM
We all know how much of a fan the Sisters are of bandmates working on outside projects...stand the fuck by...

:luck:

LOL....way too true.

PS - Condolences on our Chargers. :(

Panamark
01-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Whats even funnier is the "hired gun" comment from the emporer :)

Rock on Chickenshit !!!

Must piss these guys off everytime Dave is involved it outsells
Van Hagar... Man.... That makes my day........ :biggrin:

GAR
01-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Depends on what Dave is recording with John, if thats really the case: DLR Band, or future VH song pitches for VH7.

fwacf
01-19-2010, 07:38 AM
I don't see this as being true at all.....

VAiN
01-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Maybe Dave is doing a guest spot on an upcoming John5 album?

Vinnie Velvet
01-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah its a rumour and something posted by a linker as well. :biggrin:

But it is interesting.

There are a few of scenarios that can result from this:

1) --as someone already stated--Dave could be recording demos with John 5 for a new VH album. Unlikely though because he's never done that before (with VH anyway).

2) He is actually recording new material with John 5 for a new DLR solo album --- but will still tour with VH.

3) He is just recording a few songs as a guest on John 5's own solo record.

I would say number 2 is a possibility but 3 seems more likely.

Dave, as we know, is not one to just sit around and do nothing (which Ed likes to do these days) -- so he needs an outlet.

if6was9
01-19-2010, 10:16 AM
1) --as someone already stated--Dave could be recording demos with John 5 for a new VH album. Unlikely though because he's never done that before (with VH anyway).

2) He is actually recording new material with John 5 for a new DLR solo album --- but will still tour with VH.

4) Eddie was replaced by John 5 in Van Halen

chefcraig
01-19-2010, 10:20 AM

I wouldn't hold that against MOJODOJO, as he's been around for nearly a decade over there and isn't given to posting nonsense. He is a working musician and generally comes off as an honest, decent guy.

Now, how he happened to interpret the remarks made by Lowery are another thing, as is how much truth was behind Lowery's comments in the first place. It wouldn't be the first time that a musician (John 5) has exaggerated the truth in order to put himself into a better light.

Vinnie Velvet
01-19-2010, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't hold that against MOJODOJO, as he's been around for nearly a decade over there and isn't given to posting nonsense. He is a working musician and generally comes off as an honest, decent guy.

Now, how he happened to interpret the remarks made by Lowery are another thing, as is how much truth was behind Lowery's comments in the first place. It wouldn't be the first time that a musician (John 5) has exaggerated the truth in order to put himself into a better light.

I know MOJODOJO's been around. I was just trying to put it in perspective to our fellow soldiers here who don't know him.

But yeah, it could very well have been John just blabbing his mouth in exaggeration.

vaijuju
01-19-2010, 12:58 PM

right! and John 5 has an album coming soon
The official John 5 website (http://www.john-5.com/)

UK ROCKER
01-19-2010, 05:34 PM

But it is interesting.

There are a few of scenarios that can result from this:

I would say number 2 is a possibility but 3 seems more likely.

Dave, as we know, is not one to just sit around and do nothing (which Ed likes to do these days) -- so he needs an outlet.

Can't see Dave doing any of the above ,not this far in the game.

VH product or nothing at this stage,

Dave won't fuck that up for anything.

Although Ed may well use this as an excuse so he dosen't have to come up with new product, It was all Dave's fault ec etc....

hambon4lif
01-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Maybe Dave is doing a guest spot on an upcoming John5 album?That's a possibilty. There is a John 5 disc coming out, and Billy Sheehan also has a guest spot on it.

.....I bet that's one motherfukker of a disc.

hambon4lif
01-19-2010, 07:00 PM

:luck:On the other hand, is it really an issue?

It just seems so pissy-assed and petty at this point in the game that they would throw a tantrum about a bandmate doing a 'guest spot' on someone elses album.
It would also show that they didn't learn their lesson the first time around.

So Dave is doing the howls in some flick or kicking in on somebody elses disc....Big Fuckin' Deal! He can't just sit and do nothing while waiting for his bassplayer to get through puberty.

standin
01-19-2010, 07:16 PM
You know, for ya'll to be all sexually wild and everything
It sure is up tight about doing what you want, when you want, and how you want around here. And it is not even about sexy time~ go figure.
I'll take Afghanistan for the win, Dave.

chefcraig
01-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Eh? http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/3d-paranoid.gif

kwame k
01-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Eh? http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/3d-paranoid.gif

Exactly.........:biggrin:

Anonymous
01-19-2010, 07:49 PM
You know, for ya'll to be all sexually wild and everything
It sure is up tight about doing what you want, when you want, and how you want around here. And it is not even about sexy time~ go figure.
I'll take Afghanistan for the win, Dave.

If I ask you nicely, will you post your boobies?

Then maybe it's sexy time?

hankster
01-19-2010, 08:02 PM
I think that Dave isn't dumb enough to be doing something that would piss off the VH contingent, besides if he is then there goes the forthcoming VH album

kwame k
01-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Didn't Eddie go on a rant about how it's not worth recording anything, anyways because his fans would; A) Just steal it and not buy it, and B) since we didn't love the awesome new tunes he did with Spammy on the '04 abortion tour.......we are not worthy of hearing anymore of his genius.

I can't blame Dave if he did record a new solo record and just do the oldies set with VH. At least that way he is giving the fans what they want.....new music.

UK ROCKER
01-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I can't blame Dave if he did record a new solo record and just do the oldies set with VH. At least that way he is giving the fans what they want.....new music.

That would be great if that happened, but Dave would have to give interviews to promote his album, but all the press would ask about is VH, And the gag order may still be in place so that would put Dave in a tricky position.

I still thnk he will hold out for a VH album, knowing that it may shift a lot of copies.

Fingers crossed.

kwame k
01-19-2010, 08:23 PM
That would be great if that happened, but Dave would have to give interviews to promote his album, but all the press would ask about is VH, And the gag order may still be in place so that would put Dave in a tricky position.

I still thnk he will hold out for a VH album, knowing that it may shift a lot of copies.

Fingers crossed.

Yeah, that's a great point.....from everything I have read about the last recording with Spammy, it was a nightmare even getting those lame ass songs together.

Can Eddie work with a producer and Dave in a creative environment? He seems pretty bitter that the VH fans blew off VHIII and the BS spammy '04 songs. Maybe he's lost his confidence in himself, maybe he's just a bitter little kunt, but that Guitar Player interview really puts the KO on new music. Kinda hard to misunderstand what he says in that interview.......but with everything in VH land, what is said today is contradicted tomorrow.

I hear ya, fingers are crossed here, too.

heartbreaker
01-19-2010, 09:55 PM

I believe this IS all true, but the big question is... which year of NAMM are we talking about? I could see this being relevent for 1998, 2001, 2009, etc.

kwame k
01-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Well since the post in question was from 1/18/2010. I'd have to say this weekends NAMM.

standin
01-20-2010, 02:41 AM

:hitch:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3219/3016220851_a022e618b0.jpg
Church Redbrook's photo
:biggrin:
<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0XVX_wUGKU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0XVX_wUGKU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

Golden AWe
01-20-2010, 04:38 AM
VHLinks posting 11-12 year old news?

Seshmeister
01-20-2010, 07:57 AM

:)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiWeqVYYI1c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiWeqVYYI1c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Panamark
01-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Nobody does it better, best Bond song, Carly Simon, Roger Moore was in the saddle.
Spy who loved me............ fookin great

Seshmeister
01-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Just 20 years ago, I don't think they would get away with that line any more.

My New Years resolution is to say "A woman?" in my best Roger voice any time one says anything in a meeting or so forth. :)

ZahZoo
01-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Didn't Eddie go on a rant about how it's not worth recording anything, anyways because his fans would; A) Just steal it and not buy it, and B) since we didn't love the awesome new tunes he did with Spammy on the '04 abortion tour.......we are not worthy of hearing anymore of his genius.

Ed also went on to say in that recent Guitar World interview the following:

I've got all kinds of music i could put out if i wanted to.
People don't take in consideration the other guys in the band.

I write all kinds of music that certain singers or musicians don't want anything to do with.

So what do i do?
VH conjures up a certain image, and if its a hair outside that image it won't be accepted.

What singers and musicians is Edweird currently alleged to have a working relationship with..?

Al, Wolfie... and maybe Diamond Dave.

I smell the Michael Anthony Syndrom brewing again... The Van Halen's going off the radar. The living can only sit around doing nothing for so long. They strike up a project with former band members to fill the time while Ed fucks off... Bam... Another one bites the dust!!

Anonymous
01-20-2010, 09:31 AM
:hitch:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3219/3016220851_a022e618b0.jpg

Woooah!!!!

Those are some FIIIINE boobies ye be sportin' thar, lass

Let me 'av a go at 'em, then.

*grope* *grope*

Oh, yeah!

Anonymous
01-20-2010, 09:33 AM
My New Years resolution is to say "A woman?" in my best Roger voice any time one says anything in a meeting or so forth. :)

That ain't half a bad idea, sir...

Mind you, it might stop one from getting laid.

Ah, who cares? A good laff justifies everything.

Seshmeister
01-20-2010, 10:53 AM
At this point a Roth solo album written with Johhny whatshisname would probably be better than a the three of them and Eddies child.

John 5 was involved in writing most of the best of the DLR Band album, Slam Dunk!, Blacklight, Counter-Blast, Little Texas, Wa Wa Zat!, Relentless and Weekend With the Babysitter.

All that let that album down was weak production, too many personnel and Roths vocals were a bit ropey. If they sort those things out then album for album its probably going to be better than anything the Van Halens could come up with at this stage.

If as seems likely, Roth only got to input the lyrics rather than what he used to do back in the day then how much better could you make something like 'Up for breakfast' sound. Not too shit?

I say he should go with this Johnny chap and say to the VH sisters he is only getting involved in a VH album if its a proper one and not some half baked Van Hagar reject album with him singing on it.

Cheers!

:gulp:

chefcraig
01-20-2010, 11:07 AM
The tipping point in all of this is what (if anything) would EVH use as inspiration for writing new material? Perhaps a year of touring playing the old riffs might lead him back to the simplicity of the past in terms of writing, but you have to wonder exactly how much of it would serve as little more than going through the motions at this point. It's difficult for guys in their 50s to rekindle the past through much more than nostalgia, and even the greatest athletes lose the edge they once had in their youth. So if that is the case, I'd rather not hear any "new" stuff that was more or less an approximation of the past. That was the running theme of the dog and pony show known as the 2007/08 tour, wherein the flashes of true inspiration were few and far between. Yes, the effect is as comfortable as putting on an old sweater at times, but even that begins to chafe after a while.

ZahZoo
01-20-2010, 01:09 PM
The question of Ed having the inspiration to compose again is valid...

Odds are good 98% of his past creations were inspired by a straw up his nose, the bottom of a bottle and a carton of Winstons plus the hunger/drive of a young man...

All that's left is the smokes and rusty memories...

Maybe Wolfie can bring something to the table that can fire up the old men... Hopefully the boy has more drive than he displayed on-stage. But being Ed's son I'd have to think the nut didn't fall far from the tree...

Someone else suggested this but Ed should consider hawking clocks with no hands...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Agreed, especially if the majority of the stuff that he would come up with is a replica of the Hagarita era....

I would "hope" that's where Dave's input in the process would make a difference, but we shall see....

DlocRoth
01-21-2010, 12:31 AM
The question of Ed having the inspiration to compose again is valid...

Odds are good 98% of his past creations were inspired by a straw up his nose, the bottom of a bottle and a carton of Winstons plus the hunger/drive of a young man...

All that's left is the smokes and rusty memories...

Maybe Wolfie can bring something to the table that can fire up the old men... Hopefully the boy has more drive than he displayed on-stage. But being Ed's son I'd have to think the nut didn't fall far from the tree...

Someone else suggested this but Ed should consider hawking clocks with no hands...

Well for starters....Wolf did get the band back together. I'm not sure if Jesus H. Christ could have pulled that off. I say lets lay in wait.

Any thoughts, Jesus?

DavidLeeNatra
01-21-2010, 03:24 AM
I can see Mr. Roth producing an album...but...this is =VH= land...anything can happen...

standin
01-21-2010, 03:24 AM
Woooah!!!!

Those are some FIIIINE boobies ye be sportin' thar, lass

Let me 'av a go at 'em, then.

*grope* *grope*

Oh, yeah!

Hey! They are delicate! At least I think they are. Just be careful with them!

They are a might fine pair of Boobies aren't they. And just staring right at ya!

tod
03-31-2010, 06:25 PM
Depends on what Dave is recording with John, if thats really the case: DLR Band, or future VH song pitches for VH7.

I'll see John tonight at the Grammy Museum and ask him what's what.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-31-2010, 06:29 PM
thanks, tod.

closetrockstar
04-01-2010, 03:50 PM
I highly doubt it.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-01-2010, 03:51 PM
I highly doubt it.

that you're a closet rockstar?

tod
04-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Welp, the answer is Nope

John5 is working with Zombie and has his own new solo release coming out along with a couple side gigs but nothing with Dave at present. Mind you, the mention of Dave brings forth great accolades and praises as one of the best front men in rock. He mentioned that all his studio gigs on DLR Band were FOR Dave and what Dave how Dave why Dave wanted the music and band persona to come out so its DLR Band and not Lowery & Dave Band at all. Far as I can tell, there's no animosity there at all..specially considering he was pulled back in for ThugPop. (I'd always assumed there was a burned bridge after Manson scooped him up but that's not how those two operate because the skill respect is extremely high.)

Dave is brilliant and still has a few more tricks in the bag so I wouldn't be surprised if VH comes out with some crazy album which gets serious airplay...but I suspect there are many cooks in the kitchen behind the scenes. Dave and Ed might not have any input for all we know.

closetrockstar
04-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Dave is waiting for his next big pay day and it's not with John 5. 2010 tour probabale, new record, possible. The brothers must have put some gag order on Dave as well.

Money talks boys.

closetrockstar
04-01-2010, 05:26 PM
And...that your Pete's brother.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-01-2010, 05:31 PM
And...that your Pete's brother.

if pete ain't my brother, i want all the money back he's taken over the years.:biggrin: please tell the band we miss them.

closetrockstar
04-01-2010, 06:23 PM
We'll do. :tongue0011:

Venom Thrust
04-03-2010, 01:01 AM
From blogsnroses.com

Could John 5 Be Recording an Album with Diamond Dave?
I am all about rumors and hearsay especially when it involves David Lee Roth. So could John 5 (Rob Zombie, Marylin Manson) be recording an album with the legendary David Lee Roth?

This started from a press release from John 5's people about his new album The Art of Malice:

The Art Of Malice" further showcases John 5 to be one of the most technically advanced guitarists in the business today. Fans of driving rhythms and ear-catching, over the top, guitar work will keep this in their CD player for months on end. This album has everything that the fans come to expect — chicken pickin', shred,metal and Spanish guitar. The song titles vary as vignettes into John 5's life, such as the title "J.W." which are John 5's initials (John William Lowery) and what his father had called him growing up. "Ya Dig" comes from working with the master or frontmen David Lee Roth and also features Billy Sheehan on bass. "That is Dave's saying and it fits the music," says John 5.

A loyal reader has done some sleuthing and received this message from a John 5's publicist.

"J5's albums are always instrumental - No Dave ~ As far as the album for Dave, that is a Dave question for his press whenever he decides to announce it - J5 is a hired gun for that and is not for him to announce as it can spoil whatever Dave's peeps have planned."
It sounds like there is at least one song from a David Lee Roth/John 5 collaboration. Could there be more? Maybe a new Dave solo record? I am erect with anticipation.

Blogsnroses.com

bueno bob
04-03-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm more inclined to believe at this point that Dave probably IS, in fact, working on solo material.

I think it should be quite obvious at this point that Van Halen has split up again.

Terry
04-04-2010, 01:16 AM
Dunno about anyone else, but for me the current entity known as 'Van Halen' splitting up won't be much of a loss.

They've been together 4 years now, with little other than a greatest hits tour to show for it.

It's not 1985 anymore: the feeling that it would be such a shame if Roth departed just isn't there for me this time around, because the band (as such) apparently have nothing left to offer muscially outside of retreads.

Roth and the Van Halens got back together and played some of the 6-Pack stuff live once more for old time's sake. Nice that it happened, but the 'wow' factor of that is only gonna work once.

About the only thing that Roth can "jeopardize" by pissing Eddie Van Halen off is another fat payday for another reunion tour.

Bill Lumbergh
04-04-2010, 01:52 AM
At least we got the tour....not EXACTLY the closure I was looking for, but fuck closure, I want new material. If that means Dave has to do it himself, so be it.

Terry
04-04-2010, 02:09 AM
The 2007-2008 tour, to me, was just the long-delayed result of what SHOULD have happened in 1996. The eventual result, because it sadly took too long to arrive, was bittersweet because the band floundered and pissed away any chances at a creative future that COULD have been pursued in 1996, 1997, 1998...they waited TOO fucking long to the point where age has taken its inevitable toll, particularly (but not exclusively) on Eddie.

With all of their years of childish diddling, the reality may well be that what we saw in 2007-2008 was the closest Van Halen could get to ending their career on a semi-high note (to have seen it end with that abortion of a tour in 2004 would have been a sad state of affairs, although more than part of me felt the Van Halens clearly deserved the have the band grind to a whimpering halt at that point).

I still have a hard time reconciling what the band meant to me 25+ years ago with the attitudes of Alex and Eddie Van Halen today. It makes me wonder if those guys were always the pair of assholes they appear to be these days...kind of like the old saying about not wanting to meet your heroes in real life, because they are bound to let you down.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-04-2010, 02:11 AM
fuck that, i still wanna meet dave.;)

Douglas T.
04-04-2010, 11:33 PM
fuck that, i still wanna meet dave.;)

Let me know how that works out for ya! Not all it's cracked up to be if ya ask me! :biggrin:

Douglas T.
04-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Let me know how that works out for ya! Not all it's cracked up to be if ya ask me! :biggrin:

I guess two outta three times he was cool! The second was really really disappointing! :0
Basically told me to "Fuck Off!":umm:

Antman
04-18-2010, 09:44 AM
There's a review of Jonh's CD over at Blabbermouth. A glowing review, however it is all instumental, no vocals. I don't know where this "Ya Dig" song is.

hankster
04-18-2010, 10:18 AM
The tipping point in all of this is what (if anything) would EVH use as inspiration for writing new material? Perhaps a year of touring playing the old riffs might lead him back to the simplicity of the past in terms of writing, but you have to wonder exactly how much of it would serve as little more than going through the motions at this point. It's difficult for guys in their 50s to rekindle the past through much more than nostalgia, and even the greatest athletes lose the edge they once had in their youth. So if that is the case, I'd rather not hear any "new" stuff that was more or less an approximation of the past. That was the running theme of the dog and pony show known as the 2007/08 tour, wherein the flashes of true inspiration were few and far between. Yes, the effect is as comfortable as putting on an old sweater at times, but even that begins to chafe after a while.

I hate to be the perveyor of bad news, but Eddie has gone kinda nuts as of lately. He has become a recluse and hasn't done much of anything since 04. I think he feels that his spot in music history is cemented and has nothing left to prove. One more album just isn't necessary in his mind!

Vinnie Velvet
04-19-2010, 11:03 AM
I think Dave should just say to Ed simply: "Hey you wanna do some stuff, call me. Until then I'm gonna be doing some tracks with some others. Bye."

Dave should do an album with a whole bunch of people he's worked with in the past and some he hasn't. He can do some songs with John 5, Steve Vai, maybe even Slash. Or even sing a song with a chick like Fergie or something. Why not?

sadaist
04-19-2010, 11:59 AM
I think Dave should just say to Ed simply: "Hey you wanna do some stuff, call me. Until then I'm gonna be doing some tracks with some others. Bye."

I think Dave has already pretty much told Ed the first part there, and left it at that. The reunion happened, so there is nothing to push for anymore. He isn't going to be haunted by the question of if/when it will ever happen now. Big weight off his shoulders. And he showed everyone he could do it and proved the critics wrong....and even proved the sisters wrong.

The problem with staying in contact with Ed, even if just to be friendly, is that Eddie is paranoid. In Dave's book he says he called him on Christmas or something just to say hello or sorry that his dad passed (I can't remember exactly what), and Eddie immediately went off yelling about him trying to get back in the band. (I think Dave called on his own fathers behest).

So that's a pickle. Say he wants to call Ed to congratulate on his recent wedding and immediately Eddie thinks he has ulterior motives. He calls to say "you wanna go fishing this Saturday", Eddie hears something totally different. So you kind of have to just let Eddie have the reigns and just hope he calls without doing too much in the meantime that will piss him off.

ShadowOfTheWave
04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
I think VH is probably recording or still writing right now. If they aren't the band is done. If they started working on last year than it should probably be out later this year considering how long it takes EVH to work no, no back to backs since the early 80s. If they still are doing nothing than DLR should just steal one of those 10 'in the can' albums, add his parts and then put it online.

vaijuju
04-25-2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Ya-Dig/dp/B003FQRZRC

Here's the instrumental (sample) "ya dig" sounds great!

Nitro Express
05-02-2010, 07:51 PM
I think Wolfie got hungry and ate the band.

hambon4lif
05-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Did someone forget to put the "No Soliciting" sign on the door?

I'm about ready throw napalm on this motherfucker!

vaijuju
05-11-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.youclubvideo.com/audio/105076/john-5-ya-dig
"Ya dig"

FORD
05-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Ummm...... wasn't Dave supposed to be singing on this or something? :confused13:

Not bad for an instrumental. Very "Van Halenish" in the same way that Slam Dunk was, but where's the Dave?

FORD
05-11-2010, 01:47 PM
And what's with the blatant Page ripoff about 2: 00 in to this one? :biggrin:

http://www.youclubvideo.com/media/audio/1000/105078.mp3

VAiN
05-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Damn... those tunes are pretty cool... He sure can play like a motherfucker! Would love to hear him with DLR again!

Big Troubles
05-11-2010, 05:15 PM
And what's with the blatant Page ripoff about 2: 00 in to this one? :biggrin:

http://www.youclubvideo.com/media/audio/1000/105078.mp3

it wouldnt be good rock n roll if it didnt resemble some fashion of classic rock n roll...

ShadowOfTheWave
05-11-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm almost 100% sure VH are recording right now and we'll have a new album sometime either late this year or early next year. If they aren't recording, the band is done, over with, because Eddie's out of options. He's not going to take a risk with another new singer, and Sammy can't come cause that would mean firing Wolfie. What pisses me off about this is if new material isn't coming that means that in addition to being a cash grab, the last tour was just a nolstagia trip, not the 'new band' launch it was sold as. If this was the case, there was NO FUCKING EXCUSE TO HAVE LEFT MA OUT. Guess all that stuff about Wolfie being so amazingly talented was bullshit. I guess we'll never know. Fuck this band if an album is not released in the next 365 days.

rothschild
05-27-2010, 12:56 PM
according to John5 interview May 14,2010 on "Hardrock nights" after talking about Eddie and dave, John5 said hes good friends with both and that "they" are currently writing and "Ed is on fire", looking and playing great!

tod
05-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Has anyone thought maybe John5 has "contributed" some riffs to the next VH album?

Fuct Jup
05-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Has anyone thought maybe John5 has "contributed" some riffs to the next VH album?
It wouldn't be Van Halen if another Guitar player besides Dave played on the CD.

tod
05-27-2010, 04:06 PM
What if it's EVH playing but the rhythm for a song or two was offered by another player like John? It happens all the time...

VAiN
05-27-2010, 04:07 PM

Ummm, No...

VAiN
05-27-2010, 04:08 PM
What if it's EVH playing but the rhythm for a song or two was offered by another player like John? It happens all the time...

Again, no.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-27-2010, 04:12 PM

yeah, like gary helpin' dave with some lyrics, right?:hitch::tongue0011:

tod
05-27-2010, 04:19 PM
And if it comes out in Spring 2011 via Best Buy with John5 liner notes let's just call it a coinky-dink...