X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hambon4lif
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

State Of The Union thread

...your thoughts, opinions, and hopefully, insight.

Discuss...
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

More lying. The only thing I would believe from any of the current politicians is "We are going to raise your taxes, take more rights away, and micro manage everything we can."
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Can't wait for the $5 ATM fees that will result from these new bank taxes.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
        Ally!!!

whatsup?
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• hambon4lif
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          More lying. The only thing I would believe from any of the current politicians is "We are going to raise your taxes, take more rights away, and micro manage everything we can."
          well....LOL..as jaded and cynical as I am, I'm inclined to agree with you...

However, I've perused this particular forum on many occasions, and in doing so, I've come to see more than a few issues in a different light. There are posters here who are extremely passionate, and far more importantly, knowledgeable of our countries current state of affairs, and I just want their take on what was said in this last hour.
          More than likely, what they are asking themselves right now is "What the fuck does Hambone care about what I think about the State Of The Union speech?"
          Fair enough.....if you've seen my name on related messageboards, that means that somebody was about to be handed their own ass.
          I don't care anymore about that shit...especially when certain under-educated, sub-human, society-leeching pieces of shit are all-to-willing to bow their violin and give us more information of their own pathetic tax-sucking lives than we ever care to know....
          Let's just cut the bullshit and say that what may be discussed or argued in this particular thread could possibly help me as far as my 'political science' course, or even more possibly, my very view on American politics in general.

With all the "Ace can't even cut it as a WalMart door-greeter...or even a human being" threads stinking up this fucking place. (and I say this knowing damn well that it's 'self-inflicted'"), I also know that some people here are not only aware, but are willing to discuss what we've just heard from the person we've collectively appointed our Commander-In-Chief.

I'd rather focus and discuss these topics than cave in and discuss how utterly fucking disgusted we all are that we get of our beds everyday, take shit from our full'of'shit bosses for eight hours at a stretch just to line the pockets of faggots that are sucking our system dry.

I want opinions....I want thoughts....more than that, I want insight (independent thought) on what you've heard.

....that's all!

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

I liked when he called for a spending freeze. Then said well, not for another year. Dude still has dreams to spend some big dollars this year & buy off a few more votes before he can freeze anything. And maybe he's hoping in a year people will forget what he said. Similar to closing Gitmo in no longer than one year.

Obama is addicted to spending. He displayed typical addict behavior. I'll quit, but not until next week.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Oh dear, the poor banks. There was actually legislation a few years back to restrict said fees.

The banks killed it with their bribe lobby...
              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-28-2010, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Oh dear, the poor banks. There was actually legislation a few years back to restrict said fees.

The backs killed it with their bribe lobby...

The ATM fees are tiny compared. If you are unfortunate enough to be low on your balance, watch out for HUGE overdraft fees. Then, if you are you're unable to bring the account to a positive balance in 3 or 5 days, yep, another HUGE fee. Crazy when you're talking about maybe going $10 over your balance because you forgot to account for the regular monthly fee they charge.

They really are bastards.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

No shit. The banks will just pass the increased cost onto the consumer and the bank executives will still give themselves juicy bonuses. It won't change a thing. How about some banking regulation Obama? How about restoring Glass Stiegal? Clinton and Greenspan got rid of it and opened the door to all the speculation and abuse. When you could only put 1% down and buy and asset and then use that leveraged asset as collateral for another 1% down on the next one that's how $2 Gazillion dollars of derivative debt is made. I'm not making this up either, the debt is in the Gazillions. A number only used by astronomers and physicists. The world gross national product is around $80 trillion. We could put planet earth up on the auction block and never pay all the debt off. It's nuts.

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

It was most unholy of him to call out the Supreme Court on that abomination of a decision they made last week (and the Devil knows abominations!)

I also enjoyed the look on Timmy "the elf" Geithner's face when he mentioned how everybody hated the bank bailouts.

Damn it, I knew I should have been a dentist!
                    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                      The ATM fees are tiny compared. If you are unfortunate enough to be low on your balance, watch out for HUGE overdraft fees. Then, if you are you're unable to bring the account to a positive balance in 3 or 5 days, yep, another HUGE fee. Crazy when you're talking about maybe going $10 over your balance because you forgot to account for the regular monthly fee they charge.

They really are bastards.
                      It's how they thank you for bailing them out with your tax dollars. The banks are making record profits off this. They got bailed out and now they are gouging the hell out of everyone. I don't bank with the big banks and I stopped using ATMs. I just take out the cash I need when I cash a check. I rarely use a credit card. I have one but basically use it for gas and pay the balance off each month. The only debt I have is what's left on my mortgage and I will have that paid off in five years. I've never financed a car. I pay cash. The only loans I've ever taken out was the one on the house and to buy some commercial property which I sold three years ago.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I worked my way through college but it was way cheaper in the 80's. My health insurance was only $35 a semester and it covered dental and everything. I broke my leg and the deductable was $20 and the rest was covered. The biggest expense was rent and food in those days. Health care was cheap and so was tuition. Books were a rip off but I can only imagine what they gouge the students today with.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

I worked my way through college but it was way cheaper in the 80's. Books were a rip off but I can only imagine what they gouge the students today with.
                          Fuckinay! $35 used (highlighted, underlined, etc.)
                          ...and you're lucky if you get $15 back when you return 'em at the end of your course/semester.

Comment

• Blackflag
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2006

Back when I was a kid, you got 6 whores for $1. And you had to ride them uphill, both ways. And we were happy to have them!
                            Last edited by Blackflag; 01-28-2010, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• Doctor Dude
                              Groupie
                              • Oct 2009

I worked my way through college but it was way cheaper in the 80's. My health insurance was only $35 a semester and it covered dental and everything. I broke my leg and the deductable was $20 and the rest was covered. The biggest expense was rent and food in those days. Health care was cheap and so was tuition. Books were a rip off but I can only imagine what they gouge the students today with.
                              In my final year of med school I had to pay over 3 grand for textbooks, and there were many of them. I'm still sore about it.

Comment

Working...