X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

13 young students killed at party in Mexico border

MEXICO CITY – Armed men stormed a party in a violent Mexican border city, killing 13 high school and college students in what witnesses thought was an attack prompted by false information.

The deaths in Ciudad Juarez were part of a total of 24 people killed across Mexico since Saturday in violence caused by ongoing turf battles between powerful drug cartels.

About two dozen teens and young adults were hospitalized following the late Saturday assault in Ciudad Juarez, one of the deadliest cities in the world located across the border from El Paso, Texas.

Grieving witnesses and family members told The Associated Press on Sunday they thought the victims, mostly residents of the housing complex where the attack occurred, had no ties to drug traffickers.

"It must have been a huge mistake," said Martha Lujan, who lives at the housing complex.

The young adults had gathered to watch a boxing match, Lujan said, when two trucks pulled up loaded with armed men who opened fire.

Ten people were killed at the scene and other three died at local hospitals, Chihuahua State Attorney Patricia Gonzales said.

The bodies of the victims, whose ages ranged from 15 to 20, lay scattered around the house where the attack happened.

A witness said he was just outside when the gunfire broke out. Hector, who only gave his first name because he feared retaliation, said the party was an innocuous gathering of friends who must have been targeted incorrectly.
    "I think there was some confusion," he said. "We're seeking justice."
    Ciudad Juarez, a city of 1.3 million people, is home to several drug cartel bosses who are battling for turf as thousands of troops and federal police try to stop them. More than 2,250 people were killed there last year alone.
    On Sunday morning in the border town of Nogales, just south of Arizona, state police found three bodies burned inside an abandoned vehicle in what appeared to be an execution, officials said.

Also early Sunday, three women and two men, all identified as Mexican citizens, were murdered while driving in their van with California license plates near the western Mexican city of Navolato.

The bodies of the five victims, including a 16-year-old girl, were found riddled with bullets, said Martin Gastelum, attorney general for the state of Sinaloa, where Navolato is located.

Violence also rocked the oceanside Mexican community of Lazaro Cardenas overnight. Police in the southwestern city said that just after midnight Saturday, about 20 heavily armed gunmen riding in trucks with tinted windows attacked a police station with grenades and assault rifles, killing a police officer and two civilians — a mother and her son who had come to pay a fine.

More than 15,000 people have been killed in Mexico in the past three years in cartel-related violence.

Link
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Prohibition at its most base levels......

Take away the profit motives for the criminals, and guess what?

too sad.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

More than 15,000 people have been killed in Mexico in the past three years in cartel-related violence.
      Wow, you see these stories every now and then but I never realized that that many people have died.

Mexico's government seems helpless or unwilling/bought off to do anything.
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

too sad.
        I thought the government was decriminalizing "soft" drugs there......I remember reading something about that a few years back.

Tom Clancy was on one of the News Shows after 9/11 and said something to the effect that if terrorists wanted to smuggle a nuclear device into this country all they would have to do is hire a Mexican drug smuggler to do the job.....between the immigration cluster fuck and the drugs they dump into this country, I would think our government would care more about what is happening there. Oh wait we do! We're building a fence....that'll fix it.

Then again...the genocide in Rwanda, Darfur,The Congo and other places around the world where far eviler things have happened to helpless people, flies pretty much under the radar.

We're so worried about the Oil countries that we ignore the abject poverty and drug lords in Mexico. Has there ever been an effective Leader or Government in that country?

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Mexican cartels... the 21st century Taliban of North America...
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
            Wow, you see these stories every now and then but I never realized that that many people have died.

Mexico's government seems helpless or unwilling/bought off to do anything.
            Their police are a corrupt mess. So it's been up to the military to try to contain things, which they have in places. There are also vigilante groups now targeting Cartel members and their families (the chickens come home to roost). But I guess one of the main problems is a lot of the cartels' muscle comes from ex-Mexican Army special forces types who know the M.O. of the security forces and conduct precision massacres...

Comment

• Igosplut
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              Their police are a corrupt mess. So it's been up to the military to try to contain things, which they have in places. There are also vigilante groups now targeting Cartel members and their families (the chickens come home to roost). But I guess one of the main problems is a lot of the cartels' muscle comes from ex-Mexican Army special forces types who know the M.O. of the security forces and conduct precision massacres...
              And they have much stricter gun laws than the US so the average citizen is left to the mercy of the criminals.
              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                Veteran
                • May 2004

To anybody on this board who uses drugs:

if you don't give a flying fuck about your own health....maybe you'll consider that you're supporting the murder of innocent people with every drug you buy.

But probably you'll make some bullshit excuse and pass the buck.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                  To anybody on this board who uses drugs:

if you don't give a flying fuck about your own health....maybe you'll consider that you're supporting the murder of innocent people with every drug you buy.

But probably you'll make some bullshit excuse and pass the buck.
                  Hard drugs, I'll agree with ya......Pot, no way...here in Colorado it's legal if you have your medical permit....buy it from a dispensary. that's regulate by the State and grown right here....

That's why most people who have a brain say stop this prohibition style bullshit, legalize it, tax it and be done with it......

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                    Veteran
                    • May 2004

Pot is not a drug....so I agree with you.

In Canada...pot is no longer criminal...and the trafficking of it is nominal now...anyone can grow it...and there is little or no gang violence over its distribution.

You can fire up a joint in front of the cop shop and there's fuck all they can do to you....

But if you're buying real drugs...you're killing some innocent people somewhere along the line...innocent bystanders in a drive-by...whether you want to admit it or not.

And if your buying Meth or Ecstacy...you're supporting the Hells Angels and Triads...some of the worst of the worst.

90% of all meth in North America is made and sold by the HA...and the Triads are partnered with the HA and Italian Mob in the X trade.

Cocaine and heroin...Mexicans...Columbians....Mob and HA......

I believe anyone who uses drugs should be allowed to use them...BUT...it should be legal..then all these drug dealing pukes will be no more.

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Not disagreeing at all when it comes to hard drugs....fuck in Afghanistan there's been a, how many 100's of % increase in their output? One of the many blunders Bush made was not cracking down on the Poppy harvest....before we invaded, next to nothing, after our occupation 100's of % increase.....non-traceable money used by terrorist to reek havoc on the rest of the world.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                        Pot is not a drug....so I agree with you.

In Canada...pot is no longer criminal...and the trafficking of it is nominal now...anyone can grow it...and there is little or no gang violence over its distribution.

You can fire up a joint in front of the cop shop and there's fuck all they can do to you....

But if you're buying real drugs...you're killing some innocent people somewhere along the line...innocent bystanders in a drive-by...whether you want to admit it or not.

And if your buying Meth or Ecstacy...you're supporting the Hells Angels and Triads...some of the worst of the worst.

90% of all meth in North America is made and sold by the HA...and the Triads are partnered with the HA and Italian Mob in the X trade.

Cocaine and heroin...Mexicans...Columbians....Mob and HA......

I believe anyone who uses drugs should be allowed to use them...BUT...it should be legal..then all these drug dealing pukes will be no more.
                        where else is FX gonna get more episode ideas for Son's of Anarchy?

by the way, i think that show kicks ass.
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• thome
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

too sad.
                          guess what.... ? ...you will still be a idiot..?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thome
                            guess what.... ? ...you will still be a idiot..?
                            Beautiful.

Originally posted by Kristy
                            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                            Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• thome
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Mar 2005

The Hugosity is undeniable.

Comment

Working...