PDA

View Full Version : Urban Meyer, the biggest douche in the history of college football?

Unchainme
02-03-2010, 06:30 PM
“Sharrif was really confused and put a call into Coach Meyer. When they spoke Coach Meyer told him that he had a ‘dream’ the night before, and that Coach Meyer saw himself on the sideline coaching Sharrif. Told him that is was a “message from God that I should come back and coach, as I guess if it’s my time to die, I’d rather die on the sidelines coaching you than anywhere else in the world.

“Sharrif talked to us the next day and said Ohio State is great and all, but Coach Meyer said he would DIE for me. That’s pretty intense…

Her Loyal Sons Urban Meyer Loves His Football Players, Hates His Family… If He’s Capable of “Love” and “Hate” (http://www.herloyalsons.com/blog/2010/01/15/urban-meyer-loves-his-football-players-hates-his-family-if-hes-capable-of-love-and-hate/)

See this is why I love Jim Tressel as the HC of our State's Football team, he's a class act and does his good deeds in quiet. I've never seen him masquarade and tell reporters about how "God told me this, that..", he quietly does great things around columbus, which is a how a Real Christian would act.

chefcraig
02-03-2010, 07:00 PM
I dunno about referring to Meyer as "the biggest douche in the history of college football", because I'd apply that title to NCAA itself, which has allowed these little tin Gods to run rampant. As for individual coaches in the modern era, it's almost a pick 'em contest when selecting one creep over another. Words like integrity can rarely be applied to them, as more often than not you get the impression that they are little more than mercenaries exploiting the unpaid talent of their players for ridiculous amounts of money. Which leads us right back to the NCAA and it's dubious service to student athletes in the first place.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-03-2010, 09:27 PM
More bullshit caused by religion....

Unchainme
02-03-2010, 10:17 PM
More bullshit caused by religion....

I don't really fault religion here.

Plenty of head coaches who have faith, who don't say bullshit statements like this. My HS head coach was pretty devout himself and was fine.

Meyer on the other hand is cocky and uses it as a crutch. He doesn't display a christian attitude, he routinely runs the score up on other teams way after a game is won and just overall says a bunch of dick things about his players that we all know damn well ain't from the bible. To paraphrase my overall feeling of this "Just because you have a jesus fish on the back of your car, doesn't mean anything if you act like katydid". I'm sure FORD would agree as well.

"Well, for those guys who just put in their time and didn't make any real contributions, it's time for you to go. It won't be hard to say goodbye to some of those guys who just went through the motions.

Now for those kids who actually bought into the program, and who made some sacrifices and contributions -- you know, like Bubba Caldwell....he's a graduate of UF and had a great career -- you'll really miss those guys. But just because you're a senior doesn't mean you have any value."

He's a piece of shit. Can't wait until we get to see a remake of the one scene in "Blue Chips" where a reporter finally outs him for the crap he's done.

Unchainme
02-03-2010, 10:23 PM
I dunno about referring to Meyer as "the biggest douche in the history of college football", because I'd apply that title to NCAA itself, which has allowed these little tin Gods to run rampant. As for individual coaches in the modern era, it's almost a pick 'em contest when selecting one creep over another. Words like integrity can rarely be applied to them, as more often than not you get the impression that they are little more than mercenaries exploiting the unpaid talent of their players for ridiculous amounts of money. Which leads us right back to the NCAA and it's dubious service to student athletes in the first place.

Great take.

Frankly, I think a revamp of the NCAA is long overdue. It's a joke of an organization that screws over the smaller schools out of cash and the players themself. The kids should recieve just a small slice of the pie, nothing too big, but enough for them to buy the bare essientials.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-03-2010, 10:30 PM
I don't really fault religion here.

Plenty of head coaches who have faith, who don't say bullshit statements like this. My HS head coach was pretty devout himself and was fine.

Meyer on the other hand is cocky and uses it as a crutch. He doesn't display a christian attitude, he routinely runs the score up on other teams way after a game is won and just overall says a bunch of dick things about his players that we all know damn well ain't from the bible. To paraphrase my overall feeling of this "Just because you have a jesus fish on the back of your car, doesn't mean anything if you act like katydid". I'm sure FORD would agree as well.

He's a piece of shit. Can't wait until we get to see a remake of the one scene in "Blue Chips" where a reporter finally outs him for the crap he's done.

Well, I would agree that a part of the problem is the "do as I say, not as I do" attitude from college coaches, but the “message from God that I should come back and coach" ?? Give me a fucking break....

POJO_Risin
03-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, I would agree that a part of the problem is the "do as I say, not as I do" attitude from college coaches, but the “message from God that I should come back and coach" ?? Give me a fucking break....

Amen Va...what a bunch of bullshit...

POJO_Risin
03-28-2010, 08:27 PM
I wonder if God told him to fuck up that reporter...funny how they hid behind God when it fits...

damngoodtimes
03-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Meyer has lost his fuckin mind.

that power-trip Nazi bullshit on the reporter was way the fuck over the line.

POJO_Risin
03-28-2010, 09:12 PM
but DGT...he apologized...so it's all fine and godly...