Clear All
  • Top Jimmy
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Slash plots solo cd/tour, gets Myles Kennedy from AlterBridge

Blog from Slash
    Today at 6:55pm
    Hey, how is everybody?
    Things are ramping up towards the release of my solo record, there's a lot of cool shit going on.

But, more importantly, there is the George Lopez's "Help Haiti Benefit" show at the Nokia Theater tomorrow night. I am performing a couple songs with Beth Hart. Who, if you are not familiar with her is a 1st rate blues/R&R singer/song writer. But go to click here for the list of special guests & click here to get tickets.
    Raising cash for devastated Haiti has to be at the forefront of everybody's minds right now & will need to be for some time so we can help them rebuild.

On another note, Ernie Ball, Guitar Center & I have a couple new campaigns, the details of which are at ernieball.com & yournextrecord.com. I'm really into the idea of inspiring young guitar players & discovering new talented R&R bands & unleashing them unto the world. Up & coming Rock & Roll talent is getting largely overlooked in the business these days & I want to change that.

Also, I want to announce that Myles Kennedy is going to be fronting the band for the upcoming tour. Something I'm really stoked about. Myles sang a killer track on the record & I think he is by far one of the best Rock & Roll singers out there today. I'm really honored & proud to be working with him. I will announce the other band members shortly.

Lastly, we're starting to route the tour. I want all my fans to follow me on Twitter & tell me what city/country they're from & to tell all their friends & family in that city/country, who are fans, to do the same. I want to get a really good idea on where my fans are, even the obvious major cities & focus the tour around that. So if you're from Alaska or Zimbabwe or anywhere in between I want to hear from you. Follow me at Twitter.com/slashhudson

That's it, I'm excited about the new record & about the band I'm putting together for the tour. I've been jamming around town with everybody & their brother for the last year & I can't wait to get out & do my own show finally. It's going to be a gas.

See you soon,
    Slash iiii|; ),
  • GreenBayLA
    Sniper
    • Jan 2006

OK I know Alter Bridge is Creed w/ new singer but where did he come from?
    Does this mean VR has given up on new singer?
    "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Slash has whored himself into complete irrelevance.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

I still give Slash a lot of props - he'll always look like a saint next to Axl....
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Slash is cool. The new cd sounds interesting. All of the original Guns guys are on a few tracks including Adler. No Axl which is a good thing. That dude is a fucking idiot !! Chris Cornell, Iggy Pop, Lemmy, Fergie (NICE ASS!!) Kid Rock, Ozzy and a few more singers will be on it. As long as he dosen't cover Van Halen on it count me in.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I just have never gotten interested in anything Slash has done...

Talk about a guy born in the wrong era... he would have been great in the early to mid 70's but he missed that boat by 20 years.

Not his fault... but his music smacks of that era's middle of the road popular guitar work far too much... There was enough Foreigners, Journey's, Aerosmiths, Grand Funk Railroads, Kansas, Reo Speedwagons and the like to fill that era to the brim. Slash's guitar approach always reminds me of that era polluted with crappy 90's singers... Yuk...
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              I just have never gotten interested in anything Slash has done...

Talk about a guy born in the wrong era... he would have been great in the early to mid 70's but he missed that boat by 20 years.

Not his fault... but his music smacks of that era's middle of the road popular guitar work far too much... There was enough Foreigners, Journey's, Aerosmiths, Grand Funk Railroads, Kansas, Reo Speedwagons and the like to fill that era to the brim. Slash's guitar approach always reminds me of that era polluted with crappy 90's singers... Yuk...
              Slash these days seems to be playing at reproducing the bad-boy image of himself twenty years ago.

Never thought he was anything THAT fucking great as a guitarist, anyway. GnR's strength was in the songs.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...