X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

The Los Angeles Lakers Vs. The Detroit Pistons

Enjoy boys...I hope for the Pistons to win...but you can't help but think this series is going to blow...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Hoping big time for the Pistons.

If the Lakers are focused and come to play every game, it will be them in 6.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I'll be honest...if the Lakers are focused...I'd be surprised if it goes five...

69-65...jesus christ...the East is like high school basketball...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

It was exciting to watch, every possession was HUGE. Every foul call, every missed shot.

It may have not been high scoring, but it was a gut wrencher watching the Pistons fall down by 14, then come back and take it.

Artest blew this game for them with the late flagrant foul, and Tayshaun Prince had another huge block in this game.

I thought it was a good series.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Oh...Al...I agree...I think it was a great series...

but I have to tell you, I'm so sick of these one sided teams...

all offense...no defense...all defense...no offense...

you take Hamilton off that team...and you've got a bunch of offensive hacks...with the possible exception to Wallace...Rasheed that is...

You go back a few years to the Pistons of old...and you had guys that could snuff you out on both sides of the ball...

The Lakers...well...they are a team that can play both sides of the ball...one of the few...but Phil needs to turn the switch on to get them to do it...

Mother of christ...the NBA has fallen...

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Nothing like the heyday of the Magic-Bird years, I'll admit that. Then Jordan's arrival pushed it a little farther, but not as much in my opinion than most would say.

The NBA is now watered down by too many high school kids and players with very little college ball experience. Seems like teams can only draft players based on projections, and that's only if they can resign them after their 3 year stay.

I know many don't agree with me, but I would still rather have Prince and the experience he gained at Kentucky, 2 time-player of the year in that conference and 4 years of big game experience, than Carmelo Anthony, who is a scorer period.

Has to be a reason he plays big in big games.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Yeah...I agree...Tayshaun has proved it in the big games bro...

and Carmello...I'll hold out on him...

you have a guy like LeBraun...who's a freak of nature...and plays both sides of the ball...but that is few and far between...

The 80's weren't just Bird and Magic...you had several teams in all that mix that could score...and D it up...with the Celts and Lakers at the top...the Sixers right there...the Rockets for a bit...

they all played D...and could fill the nets as well...

the Jordan era moved it in a direction...that's for sure...but with so many seeing Jordan as a dunker...and a scorer...his D was outstanding...but he took the NBA into that mano y mano league...and that's where it started to crumble...because nobody...not Kobe...not LeBraun...will be able to carry that mantle...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Lakers in 5...

Give 'em one game in Detroit...
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

It all depends Va...on when the Lakers will show up...

If the light switch is off for a couple...it will go six...

if it's on the entire time...4 and out...

God, how pathetic is that though...the best team in the NBA has to find a way to turn on the switch...

Jordan's probably turning in his grave...

oh wait...he's alive...

Comment

Working...