PDA

View Full Version : 2010 winter olympics

PETE'S BROTHER
02-12-2010, 03:30 PM
they better not have any fake firework footprints during the opening ceremonies tonite!!!:(

PETE'S BROTHER
02-12-2010, 04:12 PM
AP source: Georgian Olympic luger dies after crash - 2010 Olympics - Yahoo! Sports (http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AsgZrTfItgwpgw3Lq.S492ybvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTNic25 mZ2FwBGEDMTAwMjEyIHNwb3J0cyBsdWdlciBkaWVzIHQEY3Bvc wMxBGcDaWQtMjA1OTMEaW50bAN1cwRwa2d2AzEzBHBvcwMyBHN lYwN0ZC1mZWF0BHNsawN0aXRsZQRzbHBvcwNGBHRlc3QDNzAx/SIG=12m2bqim5/**http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news%3Fslug=txluglugerdies%26prov=st%26type=lgns)

Kristy
02-12-2010, 04:27 PM
they better not have any fake firework footprints during the opening ceremonies tonite!!!:(

Look for America, Sweden, Norway, and Russia to take the lion's share of the gold and the Canadians to whine for the next four years about it.

Don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to the limeys winning the bronze in curling. Why they almost took gold in badminton!
http://mississippifarian.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/curling300x400.jpg

Sure to kick your insomnia.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-12-2010, 04:40 PM
i like the clip of the announcer from the last curling competition, and he's screamin' happy about some points scored during the finals.

Kristy
02-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh yeah, and how exciting they make curling to be.

Announcer: "Amazing how the iron gracefully makes it long arc along the cold, unforgiving ice. The friction to keep it moving make be painstaking as it search for its mark towards the destination."

WTF?

Am I watching a sport or having a high school kid's essay being read back to me?

chefcraig
02-12-2010, 05:14 PM
AP source: Georgian Olympic luger dies after crash - 2010 Olympics - Yahoo! Sports (http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AsgZrTfItgwpgw3Lq.S492ybvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTNic25 mZ2FwBGEDMTAwMjEyIHNwb3J0cyBsdWdlciBkaWVzIHQEY3Bvc wMxBGcDaWQtMjA1OTMEaW50bAN1cwRwa2d2AzEzBHBvcwMyBHN lYwN0ZC1mZWF0BHNsawN0aXRsZQRzbHBvcwNGBHRlc3QDNzAx/SIG=12m2bqim5/**http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news%3Fslug=txluglugerdies%26prov=st%26type=lgns)

How awful. ESPN just broke in with the news.

Olympic luger from Georgia dies after crash

25 minutes ago

By STEPHEN WILSON AP Sports Writer

VANCOUVER, British Columbia(AP)—A men’s Olympic luger from the country of Georgia died Friday after a high-speed crash on a track that is the world’s fastest and has raised safety concerns among competitors. IOC president Jacques Rogge said the death hours before the opening ceremony “clearly casts a shadow over these games.”

Nodar Kumaritashvili lost control of his sled during training, went over the track wall and struck an unpadded steel pole near the finish line at Whistler Sliding Center. Doctors were unable to revive the 21-year-old luger, who died at a hospital, the International Olympic Committee said.

“We are deeply struck by this tragedy and join the IOC in extending our condolences to the family, friends and teammates of this athlete, who came to Vancouver to follow his Olympic dream,” said John Furlong, chief executive of the Vancouver organizing committee.

Rescue workers were at Kumaritashvili’s side within seconds. Chest compressions and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation started less than one minute after the crash, and he was quickly airlifted to a trauma center in Whistler.

Kumaritashvili struck the inside wall of the track on the final turn. His body immediately went airborne and cleared the ice-coated concrete wall along the left side of the sliding surface. His sled remained in the track, and it appeared his helmet visor skidded down the ice.

Men’s luge competition is to begin Saturday. It’s unclear if the schedule will change.

Kumaritashvili is the fourth competitor to die at the Winter Games and the first since 1992.

“It’s a very rare situation,” three-time Olympic champion and German coach Georg Hackl said before learning of the death, clearly shaken after seeing Kumaritashvili tended to furiously by medical workers.

Shortly before the accident, Hackl said he didn’t believe the track was unsafe.

“People have the opinion it is dangerous but the track crew does the best it can and they are working hard to make sure the track is in good shape and everyone is safe,” he said. “My opinion is that it’s not anymore dangerous that anywhere else.”

It was Kumaritashvili’s second crash during training for the Vancouver Games. He also failed to finish his second of six practice runs, and in the runs he did finish, his average speed was about 88 mph - significantly less than the speed the top sliders are managing on this lightning-fast course.

It was unclear how fast Kumaritashvili was going, although many sliders have exceeded 90 mph on this course. The track is considered the world’s fastest and several Olympians recently questioned its safety. More than a dozen athletes have crashed during Olympic training for luge, and some questioned whether athletes from smaller nations - like Georgia - had enough time to prepare for the daunting track.

At the finish area, not far from where Kumaritashvili lost control, athletes, coaches and officials solemnly awaited word on Kumaritashvili before eventually being ushered away. Access to the crash area was closed within about 30 minutes.

“I’ve never seen anything like that,” said Shiva Keshavan, a four-time Olympian from India.

The remainder of men’s training was canceled for the day, with VANOC officials saying in a release that an investigation was taking place to “ensure a safe field of play.”

Kumaritashvili competed in five World Cup races this season, finishing 44th in the world standings.

Earlier in the day, gold-medal favorite Armin Zoeggeler of Italy crashed, losing control of his sled on Curve 11. Zoeggeler came off his sled and held it with his left arm to keep it from smashing atop his body. He slid on his back down several curves before coming to a stop and walking away.

Training days in Whistler have been crash-filled. A Romanian woman was briefly knocked unconscious and at least four Americans - Chris Mazdzer on Wednesday, Megan Sweeney on Thursday and both Tony Benshoof and Bengt Walden on Friday in the same training session where Zoeggeler wrecked - have had serious trouble just getting down the track.

“I think they are pushing it a little too much,” Australia’s Hannah Campbell-Pegg said Thursday night after she nearly lost control in training. “To what extent are we just little lemmings that they just throw down a track and we’re crash-test dummies? I mean, this is our lives.”

At the 1992 Albertville Games, Nicholas Bochatay of Switzerland died after crashing into a snow grooming machine during training for the demonstration sport of speed skiing on the next-to-last day of the games. He was practicing on a public slope before his event was to begin.

Austrian downhill skier Ross Milne died when he struck a tree during a training run shortly before the 1964 Winter Games in Innsbruck, Austria. British luger Kazimierz Kay-Skrzypecki also died in a crash during training in Innsbruck.

At the 1988 Calgary Games, an Austrian team doctor, Jorg Oberhammer, died after being hit by a snow grooming machine.

Olympic luger from Georgia dies after crash - 2010 Olympics - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=txluglugerdies&prov=st&type=lgns)

Va Beach VH Fan
02-12-2010, 06:18 PM
I saw the video before they yanked it off of Youtube... It was horrible....

I'm really looking forward to the hockey tournament... Canada, Russia, US, and Sweden should battle it out....

chefcraig
02-12-2010, 06:32 PM
I saw it as well, it was simply horrible. ESPN has reported it is believed Kumaritashvili was doing upwards of 90 mph when he left the sled. He was just coming out of a banked curve, which only would have increased his speed at that point.

sadaist
02-12-2010, 06:58 PM

Follow this link, video of the crash is on the front page. Dude was going so fast it's incredible. I get scared just watching these guys. Poor kid. Prayers to his family & friends...and to all the other athletes pushing the envelope.

KFI AM 640 More Stimulating Talk Radio (http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/jk2010.html)

chefcraig
02-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Yeah, more than a few have complained about the track, which is billed as the fastest in the world. Australia’s Hannah Campbell-Pegg nearly lost control in training Thursday, and had this to say: “To what extent are we just little lemmings that they just throw down a track and we’re crash-test dummies? I mean, this is our lives.” (http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/02/12/death-on-luge-track-leads-to-questions-about-course-canadian-competitiveness/)

FORD
02-12-2010, 11:18 PM
That little helmet don't do you a goddamn bit of good when you're thrown into a steel beam at 90 MPH. :(

Maybe they should find a way to strap the guys into those damn luges?

Little Texan
02-12-2010, 11:33 PM
That little helmet don't do you a goddamn bit of good when you're thrown into a steel beam at 90 MPH. :(

Maybe they should find a way to put thick padding around those steel beams.

Little Texan
02-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Look for America, Sweden, Norway, and Russia to take the lion's share of the gold and the Canadians to whine for the next four years about it.

Don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to the limeys winning the bronze in curling. Why they almost took gold in badminton!

I'm wondering if you have to have janitorial experience in order to be an expert curler?

chefcraig
02-12-2010, 11:53 PM

Maybe they should find a way to put thick padding around those steel beams.

Hows about not continue further? One of your competitors dies, not even during competition. What...this should go forward, in the spirit of the deceased?

Yeah...OK, it's now your turn in the chute, friend. See if you can honor his memory...:umm:

BigBadBrian
02-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Curling is not as prominent in America as it should be.

A sport is truly great if you can drink a beer while doing it.

BigBadBrian
02-13-2010, 07:56 AM

It's still here:

Graphic Video: Olympic Luger Thrown From Sled, Dies - CBS News Video (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6202459n)

BITEYOASS
02-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Loved the opening ceremonies, but it was missing on thing...

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-2/Rush-band.jpg

BITEYOASS
02-13-2010, 08:59 AM
I can't wait to see the USA dominate in Snowboarding as always. :D

Va Beach VH Fan
02-13-2010, 10:38 AM
They're raising the wall where he crashed....

Opening ceremonies, meh.... Kinda disappointed they didn't have Le Magnifique (Lemieux) in there for something....

A lot of over-reaction to the malfunctioning fourth column.... For as much pretty amazing effects for three hours, to only have one malfunction (albeit at the worst time) isn't so bad.....

Fairwrning
02-13-2010, 02:47 PM
I can't wait to see the USA dominate in Snowboarding as always. :D

Shawn White is a lock...

Horrible accident for the guy from Georgia..damn..90 mph into a steel pole..I assume he died instantly..didnt look like he moved at all after.
Watching the ski jumping now..just had a small bit on " Eddie the Eagle"..
I remember him fairly well.Winter Olympics Memorable Moments: Eddie "the Eagle" Edwards — Infoplease.com (http://www.infoplease.com/spot/winter-olympics-eddie-eagle-edwards.html)

Fairwrning
02-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Geddy carrying the flag would have been bad ass:baaa:

or the band could have just jammed a bit

Angel
02-13-2010, 04:57 PM
The opening ceremonies were excellent, and they picked all the right people. Totally captured Canada and Canadian culture. Absolutely LOVED the poem by the guy from the NWT, and KD Lang's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" was outstanding.

Angel
02-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Hows about not continue further? One of your competitors dies, not even during competition. What...this should go forward, in the spirit of the deceased?

Yeah...OK, it's now your turn in the chute, friend. See if you can honor his memory...:umm:

I'm assuming you're not an athlete, are you? Damn rights you honour their memory but getting out there, you would dishonour them by NOT.

chefcraig
02-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm assuming you're not an athlete, are you? Damn rights you honour their memory but getting out there, you would dishonour them by NOT.

I played ball in high school, and was on the swim team as well. I understand what fair competition means, as well as honoring fallen comrades. The fact is, the way the track is set up is not fair, as it is unsafe. There have been dozens of incidents in practice, and the competitors themselves have stated their own reservations about it's practicality.

The very definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. Which is precisely what this is.

thome
02-13-2010, 05:39 PM
The crash was on a huge projection screen last night when I was at a sports bar the dude was 15 ft across and high def and it was knarley to say the least.

There is no amount of padding that would have helped it would have had to have been 20 ft thick .

The track should be covered with or at least banked with tall safety nets nylon or some thing..? Like cargo nets..?

Imagine riding a motorcycle at 80 mph and then cross body blocking a tree.

RIP the the dude .

It is sad that safetly usually comes from a accident.

P.S. I love Curling what a great drinking time game..perhaps I will build a curling set up next winter..lol

Va Beach VH Fan
02-13-2010, 06:41 PM
KD Lang's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" was outstanding.

She's taken a lot of unfair of criticism over the years simply for being gay, but I've always thought she has a great voice....

WACF
02-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Curling is not as prominent in America as it should be.

A sport is truly great if you can drink a beer while doing it.

It is a great sport.

Truth be known...the 2 to 2 1/2 hours on the ice is just a series of stretches and warm ups for the pub after the game.

WACF
02-13-2010, 10:39 PM
The opening ceremonies were excellent, and they picked all the right people. Totally captured Canada and Canadian culture. Absolutely LOVED the poem by the guy from the NWT, and KD Lang's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" was outstanding.

The prairies bit I thought was...quite off...

WACF
02-13-2010, 10:40 PM

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-2/Rush-band.jpg

A Glaring Omission IMO...

Diamondjimi
02-14-2010, 02:17 PM
It's still here:

Graphic Video: Olympic Luger Thrown From Sled, Dies - CBS News Video (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6202459n)

Fuckin tragic...:(

Why aren't parts of the track simply fenced over or plexi tubed?

Romeo Delight
02-14-2010, 07:19 PM

Just bizarre. It scared me actually that that is what someone came up with. Anyone who knows someone from the Praries must have been in shock after seeing that

BITEYOASS
02-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Just bizarre. It scared me actually that that is what someone came up with. Anyone who knows someone from the Praries must have been in shock after seeing that

Plus I doubt someone could run that fast without tripping on some wheat or slamming into a barn.

atomicpunk5151
02-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Let's get down to business here. The Olympics are about one thing this time. Mens fuckin Ice Hockey.

So who is going to get the gold in this all star tourney.

I will probably play out with Canada v Russia in the Final. Lets hope the young guys on Team USA can get a run going. You never know, a hot goalie can take you all the way in a short tournament. Maybe Ryan Miller gets hot.

BUT the Offence on both Canada & Russia. How do you stop those guys?

++++

VA Beach,

Who do think leads this tourny in scoring? Crosby or Ovechkin?

Unchainme
02-15-2010, 06:46 PM
A Glaring Omission IMO...

Shocked they wern't there, isn't that part of like a Canuck trinity along with Ice Hockey (Florida should have less teams, you guys should have more. :) ) and Beer?

I mean you had..KD Lang there..and not Rush..:pullinghair:..I would hope they would be at the Closing Ceremony and playing at the bare mininum three songs.

chefcraig
02-15-2010, 07:00 PM
I mean you had..KD Lang there..and not Rush..:pullinghair:..I would hope they would be at the Closing Ceremony and playing at the bare mininum three songs.

Stranger things have happened. I mean, what the hell was Jimmy Page doing at the Beijing Olympics? For one thing, with his various drug busts, how did he even get into the country in the first place? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-423.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Party-Smileys/)

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7936/leonajimmy.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/leonajimmy.jpg/)

Kristy
02-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Anyone noticing the NBC trickery of pimping every two-bit shit Pixar/Scorsese upcoming release as a hope of making back some the revenue loss from showing a sport that most have little interest in? Now myself, I'm a sucker for figure skating (pairs or singles) and possibly the snowboarding half-pipe but NBC is doing their best to make these Olympics to be as boring as ever. Bob Costas's overbearing "I know EVERYTHING about EVERY Olympic sport more than you do" attitude, Dan Kirkpatrick's vanity when the camera is on him, that NFL douche trying to explain the biathlon as if he just looked up the country of Norway on Wiki two seconds ago. As for Al Micheals, the dude looked dead-bored, apathetic and disinterested except for the free vacation that NBC is paying for yet he is the only one worth watching.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Let's get down to business here. The Olympics are about one thing this time. Mens fuckin Ice Hockey.

So who is going to get the gold in this all star tourney.

I will probably play out with Canada v Russia in the Final. Lets hope the young guys on Team USA can get a run going. You never know, a hot goalie can take you all the way in a short tournament. Maybe Ryan Miller gets hot.

BUT the Offence on both Canada & Russia. How do you stop those guys?

++++

VA Beach,

Who do think leads this tourny in scoring? Crosby or Ovechkin?

I just got a glance at the lines for Russia, Canada and USA, and they're all disgusting....

Russia:

Ovechkin - Datsyuk - Semin
Kovalchuk - Malkin - Afinogenov
Kozlov - Fedorov - Radulov
Zaripov - Zinoviev - Morozov

Canada

Bergeron-Crosby-Nash
Staal-Getzlaf-Perry
Heatley-Thornton-Marleau
Towes-Richards-Iginla

USA (only saw top 3 lines)

Parise-Stastny-Kane
Malone-Kessel-Pavelski
Langenbrunner-Kesler-Brown

In terms of a high scorer, christ flip a damn coin....

I just can't wait to watch this !!

BITEYOASS
02-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Anyone noticing the NBC trickery of pimping every two-bit shit Pixar/Scorsese upcoming release as a hope of making back some the revenue loss from showing a sport that most have little interest in? Now myself, I'm a sucker for figure skating (pairs or singles) and possibly the snowboarding half-pipe but NBC is doing their best to make these Olympics to be as boring as ever. Bob Costas's overbearing "I know EVERYTHING about EVERY Olympic sport more than you do" attitude, Dan Kirkpatrick's vanity when the camera is on him, that NFL douche trying to explain the biathlon as if he just looked up the country of Norway on Wiki two seconds ago. As for Al Micheals, the dude looked dead-bored, apathetic and disinterested except for the free vacation that NBC is paying for yet he is the only one worth watching.

They need Don Cherry to pop out and liven up the place! He'd be yelling over the NBC empty-suit broadcasters during the hockey matches. :D

http://dietcricketcola.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/don-cherry.jpg

BITEYOASS
02-15-2010, 08:19 PM
An 75 year old Don Cherry has more personality in him than all olympic commentators COMBINED!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b3FwRoBoYuM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b3FwRoBoYuM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
02-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Just found out Luongo is starting in net for Game 1, not Brodeur....

chefcraig
02-15-2010, 09:01 PM
The Olympics usually use a rink 210 feet long and 98 feet wide, yet the Canadian rink is the NHL standard 200 feet long and 85 feet wide, with goal lines 11 feet (instead of 13) from the end boards. Do you guys believe this will have an effect on international players?

kwame k
02-15-2010, 09:09 PM
The Olympics usually use a rink 210 feet long and 98 feet wide, yet the Canadian rink is the NHL standard 200 feet long and 85 feet wide, with goal lines 11 feet (instead of 13) from the end boards. Do you guys believe this will have an effect on international players?

Not sure if it will and don't most of the guys out there play Pro Hockey anyways?

Va Beach VH Fan
02-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Nah, most of the are either NHL'ers or former NHL'ers....

Just going to be fucking intense, everyone hates everyone !!

atomicpunk5151
02-16-2010, 01:40 PM
USA vs Swiss starts in 2 hours on USA Cable Network................USA.....USA.....USA.....BIT CHEZ!

United States
Probable lineup.

Left Wing Center Right Wing
9 Zach Parise 26 Paul Stastny 88 Patrick Kane
12 Ryan Malone 16 Joe Pavelski 81 Phil Kessel
23 Dustin Brown 17 Ryan Kesler 15 Jamie Langenbrunner
54 Bobby Ryan 42 David Backes 24 Ryan Callahan
- EXTRA FORWARD: 23 Chris Drury

Left Defense Right Defense
20 Ryan Suter 28 Brian Rafalski
4 Tim Gleason 6 Erik Johnson
44 Brooks Orpik 3 Jack Johnson
19 Ryan Whitney -

Starting Goalie Backup Goalie
39 Ryan Miller 30 Tim Thomas

Scratches Reason
G 29 Jonathan Quick Healthy

Switzerland
Probable lineup.

23 Thierry Paterlini 28 Martin Plüss 32 Ivo Rüthemann
76 Hnat Domenichelli 39 Raffaele Sannitz 86 Julien Sprunger
14 Roman Wick 35 Sandy Jeannin 67 Romano Lemm
18 Thomas Déruns 25 Thibaut Monnet 10 Andres Ambühl

7 Mark Streit 77 Yannick Weber
47 Luca Sbisa 5 Severin Blindenbacher
72 Patrick von Gunten 16 Raphael Díaz
54 Philippe Furrer 31 Mathias Seger

1 Jonas Hiller 52 Tobias Stephan

++++

Here are the Canadian lines from morning practice:

Nash-Crosby-Bergeron
Staal-Getzlaf-Perry
Marleau-Thornton-Heatley
Morrow-Toews-Iginla

It appears Mike Richards is the 13th forward.

The D-pairings look like this:

Boyle-Pronger
Keith-Seabrook
Weber-Niedermayer

Looks like Doughty is the seventh D.

Roberto L in net. Marty B will start on Thursday.

I would guess we will see a blow out today against the team from Norway.

+++++

USA takes on the Swiss at 3pm est. Should be Miller in net for USA vs Hiller for the Swiss.

USA is the heavy favorite against the Swiss, but after 1998 and 2006 in is a crap shoot for this team...lol...

FULL TV Schedule if you are looking for what channel each game is on:

Olympic Schedule for the 2010 Olympics - NHL.com - Olympics Ice Hockey Schedule (http://www.nhl.com/ice/scheduleolympics.htm?season=20092010)

PETE'S BROTHER
02-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Luger Aya Yasuda disqualified for missing weight - Fourth-Place Medal - 2010 Olympics Blog - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Luger-Aya-Yasuda-disqualified-for-missing-weight;_ylt=ArBqmijjPBWy_iw00L_qjNxotLV_?urn=oly,2 19966)

This is a touchy subject. Japan's Aya Yasuda has been disqualified from the women's luge event Tuesday for being over weight.

Not "overweight." At 132 pounds, Yasuda is the ideal size for luging. It's her equipment that weighs too much.

Because of a miscalculation, Yasuda brought too much ballast with her to weigh-ins for Tuesday's competition. Lugers are allowed 13.1 kg of "additional weight." Yasuda brought 13.3.

Though there is no weight requirement for luge, women who weigh less than 75 kg (Yasuda weighs roughly 60 kg) may make up 75 percent of that difference without going over the limit. Yasuda exceeded that limit by less than half a pound.

Though Yasuda was not expected to be a medal contender, this would have been her first Olympics. It's unfortunate that the equivalent of the weight of a cheeseburger would keep her from competing, especially when it's the result of accidentally miscalculating a somewhat complex formula. It's not like Yasuda was using an illegal sled, blood doping, or anything like that.

You have to draw the line somewhere, but this seems a little harsh.

atomicpunk5151
02-16-2010, 02:09 PM
If anyone is stuck at work you can watch online. Links here:
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics - Day 5 - Feb 16 - MyP2P Forum (http://www.myp2pforum.eu/streams/51674-vancouver-2010-winter-olympics-day-5-feb-16-a.html)

Hockey USA v Swiss at 3pm est

http://www.ndsportstalk.com/enter1.html

Vexcast.com - Stream Yourself : Watch and Broadcast live streams (http://www.vexcast.com/play.action?channel_id=964)

Vexcast.com - Stream Yourself : Watch and Broadcast live streams (http://www.vexcast.com/play.action?channel_id=962)

Hockey Canada v Norway

The Sports Zone (http://www.sportscoverage.co.cc/ch2.shtml)

http://www.ndsportstalk.com/enter1.html

Vexcast.com - Stream Yourself : Watch and Broadcast live streams (http://www.vexcast.com/play.action?channel_id=962)

Golden AWe
02-16-2010, 05:40 PM
USA was pretty shitty in the first game...too bad Swiss attacks were so unimaginative. It's really, really hard to say whther US defensemen can hold up with the best teams of the tournament...

GO FINLAND GO!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
02-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I agree, they're going to have to step it up defensively to even have a chance at a medal.....

atomicpunk5151
02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Anyways.....Team USA beat the Swiss in a closer game then some expected. The Swiss kept the pace slow and there was some feeling out in the 1st period.

The 4th line got it going with Ryan & Backes getting goals.

Then Ryan Malone got one on the PP. He is a great power forward that doesn't get the pup since he is stuck in TB. But that is his own fault for following the $$ down there. I have been following him since he first came up with the PENS. Local boy since his Dad played with the Pens in the 80s. How good would he look on Crosby's wing now....

Ryan Miller was also very solid. He looks to get every game going forward.

Angel
02-17-2010, 01:26 PM

I thought they captured W.O. Mitchell's words brilliantly, and Mitchell's writings are about the prairies.

Angel
02-17-2010, 01:28 PM

I not only know people from the prairies, I LIVE there. However, I'm also a W.O. Mitchell fan, so I may have "grasped" it a bit better.

WACF
02-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I thought they captured W.O. Mitchell's words brilliantly, and Mitchell's writings are about the prairies.

I thought Mitchell's words were well chosen.

That is all I liked about it though.

atomicpunk5151
02-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Anyways back to hockey in a few minutes.

Day 2:

Funland - Bel
Swed-Ger
Czech-Slov

++

Here are Sweden's lines from morning practice:

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Mattias Weinhandl
Mattias Öhlund - Tobias Enström

Peter Forsberg – Henrik Zetterberg - Patric Hörnqvist
Nicklas Lidström – Niklas Kronwall

Loui Eriksson - Nicklas Bäckström - Daniel Alfredsson
Henrik Tallinder - Magnus Johansson

Johan Franzén - Samuel Påhlsson - Fredrik Modin
Douglas Murray - Johnny Oduya

Looks a bit different without Mats Sundin...

King Henrik in net.
Will be very interested in seeing what Foppa has left in the tank.

+++

Also will be watching the Czechs tonight.

Everyones old friend Double J (Jagr) will be back in the spotlight. From what I have read in interviews from the Czech and Russian players, he could step back into the NHL and put up 70pts in a season. Everyone forgets how great he really was. Bring back THE MULLET!

Czech Republic
Probable lineup.

26 Patrik Eliáš 14 Tomáš Plekanec 24 Martin Havlát
16 Petr Čajánek 10 Roman Červenka 68 Jaromír Jágr
34 Tomáš Fleischmann 46 David Krejčí 91 Martin Erat
9 Milan Michálek 63 Josef Vašíček 60 Tomáš Rolinek

17 Filip Kuba 3 Marek Židlický
15 Tomáš Kaberle 5 Roman Polák
35 Jan Hejda 77 Pavel Kubina
44 Miroslav Blaťák 4 Zbyněk Michálek

29 Tomáš Vokoun 31 Ondřej Pavelec

+++++

Also Funland should be interesting. G AWE....will you be watching..lol..

Teemu & Saku are great together, look for them to stand out.

Finland
Official lineup.

51 Valtteri Filppula 9 Mikko Koivu 15 Tuomo Ruutu
26 Jere Lehtinen 11 Saku Koivu (C) 8 Teemu Selänne (A)
10 Niklas Hagman 12 Olli Jokinen 20 Antti Miettinen
16 Ville Peltonen 39 Niko Kapanen 37 Jarkko Ruutu
- EXTRA FORWARD: 62 Jarkko Immonen

25 Joni Pitkänen 5 Lasse Kukkonen
44 Kimmo Timonen (A) 6 Sami Salo
32 Toni Lydman 18 Sami Lepistö
21 Janne Niskala -

34 Miikka Kiprusoff 33 Niklas Bäckström

Seshmeister
02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U3BZmALR53c&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U3BZmALR53c&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

BITEYOASS
02-17-2010, 09:54 PM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U3BZmALR53c&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U3BZmALR53c&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

There was more where that came from! Three more crashes to be exact.

atomicpunk5151
02-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Vintage Double J for the Czechs. Jagr was great with the GW Goal in the 2nd plus an assist. Late in the 3rd he was flyin everywhere. Dude should be sportin that Mullet in the NHL, such a waste over in Russia. How good would he look on Crosby's wing in the Burgh....

http://www.driko.org/blogicons/jagr_mullet.jpg

PETE'S BROTHER
02-19-2010, 01:55 AM
congrats to the aussie female skier winnin' gold. how does it go? good on ya?

Nitro Express
02-19-2010, 04:45 AM
I grew up in Sun Valley Idaho and used to race giant slalom and downhill. Many winter sports are dangerous and you can die. Wrecking on skis at 60 MPH is no picnic.

Nitro Express
02-19-2010, 05:11 AM
I lived in Salt Lake City when the olympics were there. What amazed me was the amount of corruption and bribes centering around the International Olympic Committee. The city putting on has to suck up to those guys and committee members were getting free tuition for their kids at state colleges, high end whores, lavish vacations, ect... The olympic games almost didn't happen because it was so riddled with corruption and Mitt Romney had to take it over and straighten the mess out which he did a good job of doing.

I grew up in the ski resort town and have skied since age 4. We played hockey in high school and had world class figure skaters at the Sun Valley Lodge. So I'm into winter sports but after Salt Lake I basically said fuck it. I don't give a ratt's ass anymore and pretty much could care less about the Olympics.

If a decent person works hard and earns a meddle, that's great but I don't give a ratt's ass about the corrupt and pompus International Olympic Committee and their abuse.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-19-2010, 01:47 PM
I love the battle in Alpine skiing going on between Lindsey Vonn and Julia Mancuso, both of the USA. They have been rivals for a long time and you can tell there is friction between them. Vonn is the hard worker typical focused athlete and Mancuso is a laid back surfer chick. Vonn 1 Gold Mancuso 2 Silver

Kristy
02-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Vonn strikes me at the pouty rich girl who's only requirement in life has been to rocket launch herself down a mountain hoping an Olympic gold medal will sustain her gravy train ride of endorsements. Impressive as she is going 80+ M.P.H. down a mountain slope there is something about her I don't like. As if she's over confident ignoring her athletic limitations; no wonder she spends more time having ski paramedics rescue her then she does crossing a finish line intact. Mancuso is the laid-back Californian surfer girl type who at at least humbles herself even when taking second place as if she fully appreciates the situation she is in as an Olympic athlete which is why I found it so disappointing she didn't take the gold.

And speaking of endorsements (which, let's face it, it the true reason why so many American athletes even bother with the Olympics) seems "Red Zeppelin" makes over $11 million a year which isn't bad at all for riding a snowboard.
http://shuttershades.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/shaun-white-snowboarding-ha-780252.jpg

If only I could be so fortunate.

High Life Man
02-19-2010, 05:51 PM
I want nekkid pictures of Lindsey Vonn.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-20-2010, 10:07 AM
I don't get the fascination over her, is she really THAT hot ??

chefcraig
02-20-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't get the fascination over her, is she really THAT hot ??

Not the least bit. Allison Stokke (below) or Leryn Franco (http://lerynfrancophotos.com/) on the other hand...

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/992/st5.jpg (http://img717.imageshack.us/i/st5.jpg/)

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7683/allisonstokkebiyografi.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/allisonstokkebiyografi.jpg/)

Nitro Express
02-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Not the least bit. Allison Stokke (below) or Leryn Franco (http://lerynfrancophotos.com/) on the other hand...

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/992/st5.jpg (http://img717.imageshack.us/i/st5.jpg/)

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7683/allisonstokkebiyografi.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/allisonstokkebiyografi.jpg/)

Damn! :erection:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-20-2010, 05:52 PM

Curling Results - Yahoo! Sports coverage of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/curling/results)

Va Beach VH Fan
02-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about CC !!

Kristy
02-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Curling Results - Yahoo! Sports coverage of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/curling/results)

I was actually watching part of that early this morning on MSNBC. Even they couldn't sell it as the stands in the place were completely empty.

WACF
02-20-2010, 07:31 PM
I was actually watching part of that early this morning on MSNBC. Even they couldn't sell it as the stands in the place were completely empty.

Curling is best watched from the lounge...especially if there is a drink special.

Nitro Express
02-21-2010, 04:09 AM
It's like watching someone sweep the floor. Of course the stands are empty.

Nitro Express
02-21-2010, 04:11 AM
I hear crocquet will be a new event in the summer olympics because they need something as lame a curling.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Tonight's the night - USA vs. Canada....

That place in Vancouver is gonna be rocking for sure....

Looks like they moved Mike Richards to the top line with Sid and Nash... If I'm a Canada fan, I like that move, Richards has played well....

I'm wondering if Orpik is gonna blast Sid into the boards, he's kinda admitted in the past that he holds up a little on friends, as compared to someone like Ovechkin....

Angel
02-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Curling is best watched from the lounge...especially if there is a drink special.

If there's a good tight match going on, it can actually get quite exciting.

I have bad childhood memories from curling. Our curling and skating rinks shared a lobby, nothing worse than getting off the ice at noon only to face an onslaught of "still drunk from the night before", cigar smoking idiots while wearing a skimpy skating dress.

Kristy, the stands have quite a few people in them when it's the Canucks and/or a final... I'd rather watch curling than golf anyday

Angel
02-21-2010, 10:32 AM
And speaking of endorsements (which, let's face it, it the true reason why so many American athletes even bother with the Olympics)
A woman at work just got back from Van yesterday. She said at the medal ceremonies, everyone looked like athletes except for the US women's alpine medalists. Looked like they were done-up for a modeling shoot. She said you could really tell they're in it for the endorsements...

PETE'S BROTHER
02-21-2010, 12:02 PM
If there's a good tight match going on, it can actually get quite exciting.

I have bad childhood memories from curling. Our curling and skating rinks shared a lobby, nothing worse than getting off the ice at noon only to face an onslaught of "still drunk from the night before", cigar smoking idiots while wearing a skimpy skating dress.

Kristy, the stands have quite a few people in them when it's the Canucks and/or a final... I'd rather watch curling than golf anyday

both teams left "gobsmacked". think sully and the boys spelled their name wrong?:hitch:

CurlingHomeAthletesScheduleResultsStandingsMedalsP hotos

Canada inspired by impromptu national anthem
9 hours, 40 minutes ago

Buzz up! 60 Print
By Jeffrey Jones

VANCOUVER, Feb 20 (Reuters) - The Canadian men’s curling team took inspiration from a loud impromptu rendition of their national anthem to beat world champions Britain 7-6 on Saturday.

In what was billed as a possible preview of the Olympic gold medal game, captain Kevin Martin’s Canadians prevailed in a tough fluctuating struggle with their longtime rivals.

Martin scored two points in the last end to seal victory but both teams were left gobsmacked by an unusual display of patriotism by most of the 5,600 fans at the Vancouver Olympic Centre.

With Britain leading by one in the last end, the crowd began belting out “O Canada” en masse, forcing the curlers to halt play until the song ended.

“That’s amazing—I don’t know if that’s ever happened in a curling game before,” Canadian curler Marc Kennedy told reporters. “It’s unbelievable the support we’ve got out there. It’s like a fifth man out there. It keeps us positive even when things aren’t going so well.”

The Canadian team, unbeaten after six matches, said they had ample time left to play, so they just let the crowd take over.

“That’s one you’ll want to put in the old memory bank in the back of your head, because I’ve never heard that in any sport that I’ve ever been to or watched on TV,” Martin said.

Boisterous fans have packed the curling venue on each day of the round-robin competition and have been particularly loud when Canada play

atomicpunk5151
02-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Tonight's the night - USA vs. Canada....

That place in Vancouver is gonna be rocking for sure....

Looks like they moved Mike Richards to the top line with Sid and Nash... If I'm a Canada fan, I like that move, Richards has played well....

I'm wondering if Orpik is gonna blast Sid into the boards, he's kinda admitted in the past that he holds up a little on friends, as compared to someone like Ovechkin....

Yeah, 3 HUGE games tonight.

Russia/Czech
USA/Canada
Funland/Sweden

+++

Not sure about moving Richards to Wing on Crosby's line. Richard has been playing Center since back in the Junior days. Also with Nash out there he will probably line up as the RW. Ritchie is a very solid player so you know he will give it a go.

Looks like Babcock will be quick to pull the trigger on lines if players don't have chemisrty right away or if the lose it.

+++

As for Orpik. Doubt he holds back on Sid or anyone else. This is second hand, but my good friend in the hockey industry(Bauer) know Brooks Orpiks Dad out here in California. Brook and Sid are not best friends by any means. I am sure he will be dolling out a lot of "Free Candy".

Also look for Ryan Malone to get a few wacks in on the Canadian D. He is playing very well right now for the US Team. Sure miss him in the Burgh.....

++

Should be fun.

Romeo Delight
02-21-2010, 08:52 PM
2-2 canada us...looking like a game of keepaway for Canada.

This should be a big lead for Canada but Miler is playing well, Brodeur not so much.

Canada wins 6-3

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-21-2010, 09:11 PM
After 2 USA 3 Canada 2

Va Beach VH Fan
02-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Woooooo !!!

5-3 USA !!!

How you like those apples, canucks !!!!

I'm just messin' wit ya, this thing's a LONG way from being over....

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Swweeeet! Usa usa usa

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Or USA USA USA

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-21-2010, 10:14 PM
That's fucked up that USA showed up usa because I typed it in all caps. I went back and typed in lower case and it shows up with a red line under each because of spell check. I hope that is not an omen.

Full Bug
02-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Miller was outstanding, no way I can see Brodeur starting next game, he was really off tonite....

Romeo Delight
02-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Brodeur was playing like a fool. He was the cause of more than a couple tonight.

You have to love how the Canadians are playing otherwise...just outstanding.

This idea that you go with the goalie that has won before is ludicrous.

Luongo should play from here on out.

High Life Man
02-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Nice win!

Lots of Wisconsin Badgers representing on both teams tonight. Rafalski with the hat trick. Fucking sweet!

Full Bug
02-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Alex Ovechkin Crushes Jaromir Jagr

Alex Ovechkin just made the hit of the Olympic Tournament. As Jaromir Jagr of the Czech Republic skated through the middle, Russia’s Ovechkin absolutely crushed him.
Alex Ovechkin Crushes Jaromir Jagr (Video) | Gunaxin Sports (http://sports.gunaxin.com/alex-ovechkin-crushes-jaromir-jagr/47057)

PETE'S BROTHER
02-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Canadian curling fans leave Danish player in tears - Fourth-Place Medal - 2010 Olympics Blog - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Candian-curling-fans-leave-Danish-player-in-tear?urn=oly,221320)

Fairwrning
02-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Curling is actually kinda interesting once you figure out the rules. Im still workin on that..Canadian team is my fave.Cheryl Bernard is smoking hot..born same year as myself as well..http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08oZ5ng9Hs7jF/610x.jpg

Dont keep up with hockey honestly..but pretty cool how your country kicking ass in the games really gives ya a sense of pride.

Fairwrning
02-22-2010, 05:55 PM

Holy Freaking Shit...:sex:

Kristy
02-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Canadian curling fans leave Danish player in tears - Fourth-Place Medal - 2010 Olympics Blog - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Candian-curling-fans-leave-Danish-player-in-tear?urn=oly,221320)

"Such boorish fan behavior is normally considered unacceptable in the genteel world of curling."

Whoever thought curling would become a bloodsport in a sense?

Seshmeister
02-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Pretty poor hosting by the Canadians.

First they build killer slopes, then they forget to have it snow and now their crowds are cheating...

PETE'S BROTHER
02-22-2010, 07:09 PM

First they build killer slopes, then they forget to have it snow and now their crowds are cheating...

and they snubbed rush:umm:

kwame k
02-22-2010, 07:43 PM
and they snubbed rush:umm:

I can overlook Rush's snub but........overlooking this mega star, unforgivable:)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVNj9Pl-i7I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVNj9Pl-i7I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BITEYOASS
02-22-2010, 08:45 PM
OH YEAH! We're gonna take you that medal in Ice Hockey away from you Canada, along with the Stanley Cup. But hey, you won the World Series twice and burnt down the White House--so shut the fuck up! LOL

I'm just playin', you know I love you canucks. :D

atomicpunk5151
02-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Some Lineup changes for team Canada tonight against Germany. Look for a blowout by the Nucks....

Roberto Loungo is in net

Lines:

Staal and Iggy flank Crosby. Nash and Perry flank Getzlaf. Morrow and Richards with Toews. Sharks. Bergeron 13th

chefcraig
02-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Belarus kept up the Swiss through overtime, then lost in the shoot out. The U.S plays the Swiss once again.

chefcraig
02-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Canada is bringing it this evening. Up 3-0, in the 2nd. If you can find the replay somewhere, you have to see the second goal. It went through the net!

kwame k
02-23-2010, 08:40 PM
“It sucks,” Kramer said. “I can’t believe it. I don’t usually want to blame anyone else, but this time I can’t do anything else.”

With eight laps to go in the men’s 10,000 meters, a lung-bursting 25-lap slog that is sometimes tedious but a feat of titanic endurance nonetheless, Kramer had his second gold of the Games all wrapped up. Cruising along the back straight, he had, at least in skating terms, time to stop for a cup of tea and a chat with coach Kemkers before clinching his spot atop the podium.

But then a single point of Kemkers’ finger and a cry of “inside lane” directed the skater to the inner course when he should have switched to the outer, providing one of the most surreal moments of the past nine days.

“It is the worst moment of my career,” said Kemkers, who was the United States’ speedskating coach and was based in Milwaukee from 1994 to 1998. “My world collapsed.”

Rest here (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/speed_skating/news?slug=ro-kramerblunder022310&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

redblkwht
02-23-2010, 09:19 PM
anyone see this? what a big baby..LMFAO
what a beak he as too..lol

In Plushenko's mind (and website), he's the platinum medal winner - Fourth-Place Medal - 2010 Olympics Blog - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/In-Plushenko-s-mind-and-website-he-s-the-plat?urn=oly,221408)

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 12:08 AM
“It sucks,” Kramer said. “I can’t believe it. I don’t usually want to blame anyone else, but this time I can’t do anything else.”

With eight laps to go in the men’s 10,000 meters, a lung-bursting 25-lap slog that is sometimes tedious but a feat of titanic endurance nonetheless, Kramer had his second gold of the Games all wrapped up. Cruising along the back straight, he had, at least in skating terms, time to stop for a cup of tea and a chat with coach Kemkers before clinching his spot atop the podium.

But then a single point of Kemkers’ finger and a cry of “inside lane” directed the skater to the inner course when he should have switched to the outer, providing one of the most surreal moments of the past nine days.

“It is the worst moment of my career,” said Kemkers, who was the United States’ speedskating coach and was based in Milwaukee from 1994 to 1998. “My world collapsed.”

Rest here (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/speed_skating/news?slug=ro-kramerblunder022310&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

that was sooooo fucked up. that skater deserves gold. maybe he can snag the platinum medal from the cocky, whiny bitch figure skater guy.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 12:09 AM
anyone see this? what a big baby..LMFAO
what a beak he as too..lol

In Plushenko's mind (and website), he's the platinum medal winner - Fourth-Place Medal - 2010 Olympics Blog - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/In-Plushenko-s-mind-and-website-he-s-the-plat?urn=oly,221408)

yeah, that fucknut.

ppg960
02-24-2010, 12:43 AM

What a stupid comment you Kilt wearing Fag.
We forgot to have snow?
Keep letting Kermitt beat your meat there buddy, It's working!:fufu:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 12:47 AM
We forgot to have snow?

sesh is a fag?

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 12:48 AM
We forgot to have snow?

what color kilt?

ppg960
02-24-2010, 01:01 AM
what color kilt?

WTF difference does that make?
Any Douche that wears a Kilt is an Ass Clown.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 01:04 AM

i know a few folks that would disagree with you.:tongue0011:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 01:07 AM
Joannie Rochette skates personal best after loss of her mother - Fourth-Place Medal - 2010 Olympics Blog - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Joannie-Rochette-skates-personal-best-after-loss?urn=oly,223675)

very impressive. this guys comment, i can't tell whether to thank or groan...

14. Posted by _ Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:14 am EST Report Abuse
Peter King would laugh and say it wasn't anything like after Brett Favre's father died.

Diamondjimi
02-24-2010, 01:32 AM
The Hockey News: Headlines: Canada books quarterfinal date with Russia after 8-2 thumping of Germany (http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/31712-Canada-books-quarterfinal-date-with-Russia-after-82-thumping-of-Germany.html)

kwame k
02-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Man, I wouldn't of wanted to play Canada after the ass whooping they got.........those boys are pissed.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Well, not saying that the team is getting cocky at all, but boy the fans sure have...

Hear them chanting "We Want Russia" during the game last night ??

Be careful what you wish for, Canada....

Seshmeister
02-24-2010, 11:35 AM

http://ramblingrhodes.mu.nu/archives/normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

Unchainme
02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
http://ramblingrhodes.mu.nu/archives/normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

Sesh. have you had to wear one ever? just curious, very different for us yanks as we really don't have any traditional garb except jeans and a t-shirt.

Seshmeister
02-24-2010, 03:51 PM
I have the works - cost me a fortune, $2k or so a few years back.

Most people wear them as often as you would wear a tuxedo, weddings and the odd black tie event.

I used to hire one all the time when I was going to weddings every other month, now I actually have one I hardly ever get to weddings as I'm older - just the odd 2nd marriage.

Next phase is friends kids weddings and then after that the funerals begin I suppose...

Full Bug
02-24-2010, 08:24 PM
4-1 Canada after the first, it aint over yet but at least its looking good....:baaa:

Golden AWe
02-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Russia was SHITE. What a poor, poor display. They didn't work hard...at all...

Let's hope Finland can beat the Czechs now...Finland played very poorly against Sweden, but now it's time to get back on track...the last international tournament for Selänne, Koivu and Lehtinen.

Full Bug
02-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Russia without a medal, who would have thought?

Golden AWe
02-24-2010, 10:17 PM

"Win the right games"

Canada knows this...

Va Beach VH Fan
02-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah, Russia was definitely not ready for that beatdown, they should've realized they just can't play that type of showboat game against a structured team like Canada....

ppg960
02-24-2010, 11:44 PM

I thought Canada would be in tough against the Russians. I was expecting a 1 goal game, not a blow-out.
Ove did not show up tonight and Nabakov couldn't stop a beach ball.
Canada is starting to gel at the right time.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-24-2010, 11:52 PM
USA 2 Switzerland 0

WACF
02-25-2010, 12:08 AM
I thought Canada would be in tough against the Russians. I was expecting a 1 goal game, not a blow-out.
Ove did not show up tonight and Nabakov couldn't stop a beach ball.
Canada is starting to gel at the right time.

Yeah really...not the game I expected.

That crowd was nuts too...

atomicpunk5151
02-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Hey GAwe....

USA v Finland on Friday. Should be a good one. Americans are riding high right now. Finland is coming together and Kipper has been great in net. Most American hockey fans are totally overlooking Finland, but I know it will be a close game.

+++

On the other side I can't believe the Swedes lost to the Slovaks. Sweden v Canada would have been great. Now it looks like Canada will roll the Slovaks who are stong up front but are lacking a big time goalie.

++

Will we see a USA v Canada rematch in the Gold Medal game on Sunday? IT would be great, but it is by no means a lock.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-25-2010, 01:24 PM
The US better not relax vs. Finland or they'll be playing for the bronze....

atomicpunk5151
02-25-2010, 04:29 PM
I can overlook Rush's snub but........overlooking this mega star, unforgivable:)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVNj9Pl-i7I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVNj9Pl-i7I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think what most of you guys are forgetting is that most of the time the pop or rock stars from a nation are in the CLOSING ceremonies, not the opening.

Back in Salt Lake City Winter they had both KISS and Bon Jovi at the closing ceremonies.

In Sydney they had Men at Work in the closing. Also in China a few years ago the had Jimmy Page and several others.

Still a chance for RUSH on Sunday night 2/28. I would also guess that maybe Shawnia Twain, Nickleback, Bryan Adams, The Tragically Hip and other of thier type show up.

The real shame will be if ANVIL or Loverboy don't get up and play!!!

Fairwrning
02-25-2010, 06:03 PM
About to watch my first womens hockey game....USA USA
Gold medal game vs. Canada...hope its as interesting as I expect..just saw some footage of these teams fighting each other in a game earlier this year. No tops came off tho.......

Va Beach VH Fan
02-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Pretty damn entertaining, if you ask me....

Fairwrning
02-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Very entertaining.Canada is strong.GREAT goaltending..I like the no checking rule..makes for a bunch of offense..Goalie has been a little weak for USA...hasnt defended as many shots I dont believe..USA has missed a couple of opportunities..the chick with that last shot is gonna step up I think .

Diamondjimi
02-26-2010, 02:33 AM
The real shame will be if ANVIL or Loverboy don't get up and play!!!

:lmao:

Diamondjimi
02-26-2010, 02:37 AM
Canada 2
USA 0

3rd consecutive womens hockey Olympic gold medal. Great game!

A Canada/Us final would be spectacular!

Dan
02-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Anne Murray,WOOF.:D

Full Bug
02-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Team Canada sorry as hockey women party at centre ice

VANCOUVER - Hockey Canada apologized Thursday for an impromptu party the Olympic women's hockey team threw for itself on the Canada Hockey Place ice after winning the gold medal.

Canadian players, still wearing their uniforms and with gold medals draped around their necks, celebrated their victory by drinking champagne and beer at centre ice following a 2-0 win over the United States.

The International Olympic Committee said it will investigate the celebration, which included drinking by one of Canada's underage players.

In a statement released late Thursday, Hockey Canada apologized.

"The members of Team Canada apologize if their on-ice celebrations, after fans had left the building, have offended anyone," the statement read.

"In the excitement of the moment, the celebration left the confines of our dressing room and shouldn't have. The team regrets that its gold medal celebration may have caused the IOC or COC any embarrassment.

"Our players and team vow to uphold the values of the Olympics moving forward and view this situation as a learning experience."

Marie-Philip Poulin, who at 18 is not old enough to legally drink in British Columbia, was one of the players taking part in the post-game boozing.

Later in the night, Poulin met the media at the Molson Hockey House, but answered only two questions that were restricted to the game.

Gilbert Felli, the IOC's executive director of the Olympic Games, said he wasn't aware of the celebration until informed by a reporter with The Associated Press.

"If that's the case, that is not good," he said. "It is not what we want to see.

"I don't think it's a good promotion of sport values. If they celebrate in the changing room, that's one thing, but not in public."

Felli said the IOC would talk to the International Ice Hockey Federation and the Canadian Olympic Committee to get more information.

The makeshift party was still going on nearly an hour after the game.

Gillian Apps passed around a victory cigar, while tournament MVP Meghan Agosta lay on her back just inside the blue-line, sipping from a can of beer and looking up at the ceiling lights five storeys above her, just savouring the moment.

Some climbed aboard the ice-surfacing machine to have their pictures taken. Others posed at centre ice with their gold medals.

"We understand that they were asked to go back onto the playing field after the stadium had emptied to take a photo," IOC spokesman Mark Adams said. "We understand that some people may have felt that their behaviour was over-exuberant."

Steve Keogh, a spokesman for the COC, said the organization had not provided the alcohol or initiated the party.

"In terms of the actual celebration, it's not exactly something uncommon in Canada," he said. "If these athletes were of legal age, then it's not something that's against the law. We can understand there's a lot of sensitivity around celebrations.

"We condone celebrations. ... We don't condone actions of irresponsibility. I think Canadians understand it's quite an emotional moment for our team. It was not our intention to go against any IOC protocols."

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/fullbug/canada.jpg

Full Bug
02-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Dear IOC, Canadian Hockey, and every other namby pamby organization who was offended by the Gold medal Canadian Hockey team, spare the whining and bitching, and go screw yourself....:fufu:

WACF
02-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Those girls played hard...quite the game.

kwame k
02-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Dear IOC, Canadian Hockey, and every other namby pamby organization who was offended by the Gold medal Canadian Hockey team, spare the whining and bitching, and go screw yourself....:fufu:

Yeah, fuck the Politically Correct bullshit....they won and hoist a few back ladies :beers8:

atomicpunk5151
02-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Big Hockey day today would be an understatement.......

Trip to the Gold Medal Game on the line.

USA v Finland

Canada v Slovak

It is fuckin game on!

atomicpunk5151
02-26-2010, 03:54 PM
WOW, didn't expect this.

Ass kicking in progress.

They don't want to let up, but you don't run up the score to be an ass either. Goal diff doesn't matter in this round.

Keep the shifts short and play it out.

Love that Kane is getting in on the scoring with the 3rd line, he needs to pick it up. 2nd line with MAlone and Joe P is also in on the scoring, hopefully Kessel can get going to. ZP and the 1st line is in now as well.

ppg960
02-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Big Hockey day today would be an understatement.......

Trip to the Gold Medal Game on the line.

USA v Finland

Canada v Slovak

It is fuckin game on!

Yes it's game on. Hopefully a USA-Canada Final.
Good to see some Americans following. There's fuck all on US TV up here in Canada for coverage. What about down south?
ESPN? or anything??

Full Bug
02-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Good to see some Americans following. There's fuck all on US TV up here in Canada for coverage. What about down south?
ESPN? or anything??
I doubt it, didn't NBC not show the USA - Canada game for ICE DANCING? :barf:

chefcraig
02-26-2010, 06:46 PM
ESPN? or anything??

NBC is burying the coverage on MSNBC, a cable news channel of which if you are not a regular viewer, chances are you'll never find it. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Sleepy-Smileys/)

Dan
02-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Drinking And Smoking On The Ice,Good For Them.You Go Ladies.:D

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-27-2010, 01:16 PM
So, the table has been set. USA and Canada play for the Gold. You couldn't ask for a better game.

chefcraig
02-27-2010, 02:03 PM
So, the table has been set. USA and Canada play for the Gold. You couldn't ask for a better game.

Apparently NBC will broadcast the game at 3PM(EST), rather than dumping it off to one of it's cable channels.

ppg960
02-27-2010, 02:49 PM

Damn rights...what a game it will be!!!These only come around every 4 years or more.The pace and action will be unreal.
Still miss the Canada Cup Series too.:)

redblkwht
02-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Im hoping we can hang with them..its gonna be tough to take two
in their house, but would like the W for sure.

GO USA!!:rockon::patriot:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Damn rights...what a game it will be!!!These only come around every 4 years or more.The pace and action will be unreal.
Still miss the Canada Cup Series too.:)

yup, they are called olympics.;)

Angel
02-28-2010, 10:28 AM

I've been waiting two weeks to be able to say this. Eat your words, Kristy. Nobody's whining up here! :tongue0011:

Vancouver Now - Canada sets Olympic gold record (http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/story/2010/02/27/sp-canada-gold-otp.html)

Angel
02-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Dont keep up with hockey honestly..but pretty cool how your country kicking ass in the games really gives ya a sense of pride.

Use to be we kept quiet about our national pride. I'm glad times are changing. And what a hell of a lot of pride we've got right now!!!! :D

Angel
02-28-2010, 10:40 AM

Hey, watch yourself there, bud! We won a gold at kicked the fucking Russians off that podium finally. First time a North American has done it.

Angel
02-28-2010, 10:40 AM

Hey, watch yourself there, bud! We won a gold and kicked the fucking Russians off that podium finally. First time a North American has done it.

chefcraig
02-28-2010, 10:47 AM
It's also astounding that according to that list Angel (Full Medal Standings (http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/content/medals/index.html)), Great Britain has only a single medal to it's credit. That's merely one more than me, and I didn't even compete. http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Sad/sad-057.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Sad-Smileys.html)

Looking forward to this game. Canada seems to be on a roll right now, and will be tough to beat.

Angel
02-28-2010, 11:58 AM
What the fuck does GB have to do with it????

chefcraig
02-28-2010, 12:00 PM
What the fuck does GB have to do with it????

You made a post about the medal count, including a link to a chart reflecting it. I made an attempt at humorous commentary regarding England's lousy performance. Is that not OK with you?

lesfunk
02-28-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm thinking about watching this year. When do they start?

chefcraig
02-28-2010, 01:05 PM

Announcer: Hello, and welcome to Sports Talk Radio. Our first caller is from South Florida...
Caller: Yes, hello? I have a question.
Announcer: Go right ahead.
Caller: OK...baseball...how do you play?

chefcraig
02-28-2010, 05:32 PM
WOW! The U.S. ties with under thirty to go...OVERTIME!

FORD
02-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Congrats, Hosers! I had a feeling this would come down to US vs Canada, and if we had to lose to somebody, it might as well be the folks who invented the game.:beers8:

chefcraig
02-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Congratulations to the Canadians. Thanks for a great series of games, and a terrific final. Well played. :appl:

Va Beach VH Fan
02-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Was rooting for the USA of course, but if they're gonna lose, let it be from Sid....

Diamondjimi
02-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Fuckin awesome game. It could've gone either way. The US team played great, great comeback.
Very close game...
http://www.arrowoutdoors.com/Images/CANADIAN/CanadaFlagAnimatedBlackBG.gif

Little Texan
02-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Congratulations, Canadians!

BigBadBrian
02-28-2010, 08:35 PM
I've been waiting two weeks to be able to say this. Eat your words, Kristy. Nobody's whining up here! :tongue0011:

You should be, you're still Canadian, after all.

Besides, some of your gold's were questionable.

Diamondjimi
02-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Sour grapes?:biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-28-2010, 09:42 PM

ask lefty:hee:

Romeo Delight
02-28-2010, 09:46 PM
No country has ever won this many gold's. :baaa:

Actually, by traditional IOC standards, the county with the most gold medals is the "winner" of the Olympics, but I am not claiming that to be the case ;-)

If you ain't first you're last

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vuAUI_0knfk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vuAUI_0knfk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
02-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Did you get to attend any events ??

Romeo Delight
02-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Multiply this by several hundred thousand locations:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mC0VCip2r4I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mC0VCip2r4I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Romeo Delight
02-28-2010, 09:53 PM
The best part of the Olympics was after the game today, entire neighborhoods are closing of streets to play pickup road hockey games (no there is no frozen tundra here as you likely saw on the coverage)

That happens anyways, but it was so amazing to be part of this

Unchainme
02-28-2010, 10:25 PM
The best part of the Olympics was after the game today, entire neighborhoods are closing of streets to play pickup road hockey games (no there is no frozen tundra here as you likely saw on the coverage)

That happens anyways, but it was so amazing to be part of this

In the US auctually regardless of the outcome, buzz has picked up about the sport.

someone wrote a good piece on it at deadspin.

Canada Wins, But So Do You - Olympic hockey - Deadspin (http://deadspin.com/5482294/canada-wins-but-so-do-you)

I know for a fact, I'll have my eyes affixed to more hockey in the upcoming future.

Also, congrats flamma, If there was a team that wasn't the US that I wanted to see win the Gold, it'd be the nation that holds the sport in such a high regard in Canada.

BigBadBrian
03-01-2010, 06:55 AM
No country has ever won this many gold's. :baaa:

Actually, by traditional IOC standards, the county with the most gold medals is the "winner" of the Olympics, but I am not claiming that to be the case ;-)

If you ain't first you're last

The last 2 or 3 have had more sports than any other with the inclusion of skeleton, curling,freestyle skiing, and ski cross. You simply can't compare the number of medals today with some of the past Olympics. I don't think curling should be an olympic sport, though. That's as lame a sport if their ever was one. Maybe shuffelboard, croquet, bocce, and lawn darts should be included in the summer games so all the old people can participate.

I do think nationalism played a part though when a Canadian judge DQ'd an American skater (Apolo Ohno) in the 500 short track speed skating when a Canadian skater went down. Nevermind the fact that the eventual winner, a Canadian, was responsible for a Korean skater going down. A two way street, to be sure. Overall, I think the Canucks did a great job and my congrats go out to their athletes.

Angel
03-01-2010, 09:23 AM
You made a post about the medal count, including a link to a chart reflecting it. I made an attempt at humorous commentary regarding England's lousy performance. Is that not OK with you?

lol! Thought you were referring to Canada being a british colony... lol

Angel
03-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Besides, some of your gold's were questionable.

Let the whining begin!!!!:biggrin:

chefcraig
03-01-2010, 09:31 AM

No wonder! :biggrin: I was scratching my head, thinking I'd insulted you somehow. Sorry for the misunderstanding, and congrats on the win. The news reports last evening and into today reflect a joyous, well deserved scene taking place in Canada.

BigBadBrian
03-01-2010, 11:07 AM

That's because you're an ignorant lesbo cunt.

Canada is America's possession. :biggrin:

BITEYOASS
03-01-2010, 11:14 AM
I can live with Canada beating the USA in Ice Hockey. What I can't deal with is the fact that Nickleback and Avril Lavigne were playing at the closing ceremonies, WTF?!?!?

Romeo Delight
03-01-2010, 11:18 AM
I do think nationalism played a part though when a Canadian judge DQ'd an American skater (Apolo Ohno) in the 500 short track speed skating when a Canadian skater went down. Nevermind the fact that the eventual winner, a Canadian, was responsible for a Korean skater going down. A two way street, to be sure. Overall, I think the Canucks did a great job and my congrats go out to their athletes.

It was very clear Ohno made an infraction. Thge judges ruled correctly that the Korean skater went down on his own although there was a touch...if anything the Korean could have been dq'd for blocking the path of the Canadian

Romeo Delight
03-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I can live with Canada beating the USA in Ice Hockey. What I can't deal with is the fact that Nickleback and Avril Lavigne were playing at the closing ceremonies, WTF?!?!?

Did you see the Japanese and Chinese athletes going nuts for Avril though?

WACF
03-01-2010, 11:28 AM
That's because you're an ignorant lesbo cunt.

Canada is America's possession. :biggrin:

You couldn't afford us...

WACF
03-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Vancouver Now - Canada sets Olympic gold record (http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/story/2010/02/27/sp-canada-gold-otp.html)

LOL...waiting in the weeds eh...my hats off to you.

WACF
03-01-2010, 11:31 AM

I had to work last night and did not see it.

let me guess....no Rush...or Tragically Hip...

atomicpunk5151
03-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Haven't got a chance to chime in yet. After the game I taught classes on the ice for 5+ hours. Quite a day of hockey yesterday.

Anyways for the game you have to put that up there with some of the great International games of all time.

Ryan Miller played great. He was great all tournament. Big props there even in the loss yesterday.

ZPs goal to tie it up was one of the most exciting 6 on 5s with the goalie pulled that you will ever see. I mean that was fuckin huge.

Then into OT. I was a bit suprised to see 4 on 4. I guess those are the rules. When Canada started hitting posts earlier I knew the US was in some trouble.

When Crosby cycled from the corner you knew we would be shootin. Great pass from Iggy, then perfect shot. The guy is just $. Cup last year then OT Gold Medal winner. I think all the HATERS can now get off his back and give props where props are deserved. Sid is the best player going, the guy is clutch.

Also on a side note, did Joe Thornton even see the ice in OT?

++++

All in all a great day for Hockey. Props to Canada and props the the underdog US Team, they played FAR beyond expectations. The Silver medal is a big win in my book.

Mushroom
03-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Congratulations Canada with all that Gold!

WACF
03-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Haven't got a chance to chime in yet. After the game I taught classes on the ice for 5+ hours. Quite a day of hockey yesterday.

Anyways for the game you have to put that up there with some of the great International games of all time.

Ryan Miller played great. He was great all tournament. Big props there even in the loss yesterday.

ZPs goal to tie it up was one of the most exciting 6 on 5s with the goalie pulled that you will ever see. I mean that was fuckin huge.

Then into OT. I was a bit suprised to see 4 on 4. I guess those are the rules. When Canada started hitting posts earlier I knew the US was in some trouble.

When Crosby cycled from the corner you knew we would be shootin. Great pass from Iggy, then perfect shot. The guy is just $. Cup last year then OT Gold Medal winner. I think all the HATERS can now get off his back and give props where props are deserved. Sid is the best player going, the guy is clutch.

Also on a side note, did Joe Thornton even see the ice in OT?

++++

All in all a great day for Hockey. Props to Canada and props the the underdog US Team, they played FAR beyond expectations. The Silver medal is a big win in my book.

Hockey and Curling...where winning Silver is a great acomplishment...but to the players it is still a loss.

Great games.

Heard some rumblings that women's hockey may be pulled from the olympics because Canada and the US dominate...I hope that is just rumours.

FORD
03-01-2010, 01:26 PM

Apparently Celine Dion and Anne Murray canceled at the last minute, and that was the best they could do.

I would have rather seen a good old Vancouver band, like DOA.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/twSREBowTwQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/twSREBowTwQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PETE'S BROTHER
03-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Kremlin wants resignations after Olympic pride dented - Yahoo! News (http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AlSLx8GVG3KBqKQ2DzYLBVybvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTJtNjh oZDR1BGNwb3MDNgRpbnRsA3VzBHBrZwM4NmM3MzFlYjc3YzY5M zMzNmU3ZGYyNzUxYjRjZWFjNQRzZWMDaW5fbmV3cwRzbGsDbnd zLXRpdGxlBHRlc3QDNzAx/SIG=129fuaj1f/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100301/sp_nm/us_olympics_russia_kremlin)

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Great game! When we were down by 2 goals I knew it would be difficult to come back, but the US was able to score in the 2nd. I stood in front of my tv for the rest of the game. Congrats to Canada, they had one hell of a great team.

Fairwrning
03-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Another record broken by Canada......
Vancouver medals in condom distribution - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/01/condoms.vancouver.olympics/index.html?hpt=T2)

chefcraig
03-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Another record broken by Canada......
Vancouver medals in condom distribution - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/01/condoms.vancouver.olympics/index.html?hpt=T2)

Talk about a country pulling together for the greater good, even the working girls were pitching in. Good for you Canada! :appl:

http://www.emofaces.com/en/smilies/c/canada-flag-waving-smile-animated.gif

Angel
03-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Apparently Celine Dion and Anne Murray canceled at the last minute, and that was the best they could do.

Anne Murray was one of the Olympic flag-bearers. I'm not surprised about the choice in music, that party was for the athletes i.e. youth.

Great closing ceremonies though! Us making fun of ourselves... it's just so Canadian.

I don't know if the world has any idea what has just taken place in this fantastic nation! These Olympics have defined us as a nation and the historical significance of the Chiefs of the 4 Nations being acknowledged and seated in the dignitaries box is HUGE! They have never before been recognized in such a manner.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise, is right! Way to go Canada... what an unbelievable moment in our history.