Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Want some pot? Call the mayor?

Published February 18, 2010

Olympia Mayor Pro Tem Joe Hyer arrested on suspicion of selling pot
    BY JEREMY PAWLOSKI

Olympia Mayor Pro Tem and incoming Thurston County Treasurer Joe Hyer was arrested Thursday evening at his Legion Way home on suspicion of marijuana trafficking, according to Thurston County Sheriff Dan Kimball.

Kimball said the arrest is the culmination of a monthlong investigation by the Thurston County Narcotics Task Force. According to Kimball, a confidential informant has purchased marijuana from Hyer twice in the past two months during controlled buys.

Narcotics detectives were searching Hyer's home Thursday night, but Kimball had no information about whether any marijuana or other drugs had been found in the home. Kimball said Hyer was being booked in to the Thurston County Jail Thursday night.

Marijuana trafficking is a felony, Kimball said.

Kimball said the investigation started after a confidential informant informed him personally that Hyer might be involved in drugs. The investigation proceeded from there, he said.

"No one is above the law," Kimball said.

Did I vote for this guy? I really don't remember.....
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Did I vote for this guy? I really don't remember.....

Did you buy any weed from him that you can remember?
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Haven't bought weed at all since about 1990. Haven't even smoked in about 10 years. Nah, this ain't short term memory loss here, just a lot of people on the local ballot in last year's election and I can't remember if I voted for this guy for anything. Mayor, city council, treasurer, or whatever.

Hope this isn't a setup though. If that asshole Gary Edwards was still Sheriff, that would be my first guess.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Fuck, why buy or sell anymore, really? Just grow your own, all you need is a hydroponic garden and a few seeds and you're in business. I mean, as long as you can cover the smell up, anyway.

...or so I've read...
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
          Fuck, why buy or sell anymore, really? Just grow your own, all you need is a hydroponic garden and a few seeds and you're in business. I mean, as long as you can cover the smell up, anyway.

...or so I've read...

Do the growing plants put out a smell? No mistaking the smell of the smoke, just didn't know the plants smelled too.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sadaist
            Do the growing plants put out a smell? No mistaking the smell of the smoke, just didn't know the plants smelled too.
            they smell before they start to bud, yes.
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

shit, the clones can stink up your closet quick.
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Sure can and when they go to bud...watch out! The smell can over-take the whole house.....

...or so I've read
                Last edited by kwame k; 02-19-2010, 03:57 PM. Reason: watch not what...pothead
                Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That's usually how growers get busted. Either it's the smell, or suddenly high electric bills.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Ever since they legalized "medicinal marijuana" in this state the use of it for medicinal purposes is a joke. Talk to any teenager or college student where they get their weed from these days and they'll tell you by "patients" who purchase it legally in shops all over town and then re-sell to them in the same parking lot. Who knew that having glaucoma, MS or cancer could be so profitable on the side?

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Where can I find this parking lot?
                      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                        Oh yeah, heads have a term for it" "skunk weed" which can put out more of an odor than a backed-up sewer line. If fact, that smell alone is the only "reason of suspicion" cops need to raid your home without a warrant.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                          Where can I find this parking lot?
                          Hehe...just stand outside of any "pot shop" in this state.

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Kristy
                            Ever since they legalized "medicinal marijuana" in this state the use of it for medicinal purposes is a joke. Talk to any teenager or college student where they get their weed from these days and they'll tell you by "patients" who purchase it legally in shops all over town and then re-sell to them in the same parking lot. Who knew that having glaucoma, MS or cancer could be so profitable on the side?
                            Totally a joke but on the other hand........

It's nice not having to hide your pot and to be able to grow legally....the amount you get to have monthly is fucking ridiculous. I smoke about an 1/8th a month, tops and I can legally have more than that a day or something along those lines.

Call it what it is and just fucking legalize it statewide......
                            Originally posted by vandeleur
                            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                              Call it what it is and just fucking legalize it statewide......

In certain towns of this state the local courts are pushing for just that ironically enough to free up the court system for more serious cases than prosecuting a teenage for possessing a joint or two. It's the same ideal in Canada where why burden the police with bullshit paperwork and manpower in order to arrest a stoner in a public park taking a few tokes? Personally, I'm all for it if college kids want to get high and listen to Dave Matthews Band on their iPods all day wasting their time away instead of hitting a liquor store and getting behind the wheel of a car and wasting the lives of others.

Comment

Working...