Anyone hear the Boneyard tonight -Dave rumor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

Anyone hear the Boneyard tonight -Dave rumor?

I was listening to Eddie Trunk's show on the Boneyard tonight and he had some interesting stuff to say about Diamond Dave. He said that he (Trunk) was in Las Vegas 2 weekends ago and heard from a reliable source that a promoter was trying to get a Vegas show going with Dave, Vince Neil and another singer (i can't remember for the life of me who) all sharing the same backing band. The plan would be for each singer to do about 6 songs and then all come back at the end to perform together. He went on to say that one of the singers involved had actually had discussions but he wouldn't say who. He hinted that it wasn't Roth because Roth is still laying low in hopes of Van Halen doing something. He said that he couldn't see Roth pursuing anything until he is out of Van Halen so as not to piss Eddie off, and since he has still been quiet, one can only assume that he is in Van Halen.
    He didn't say it, but it would make the most sense that Vince would have had the discussions considering he owns his own night club in Vegas. He didn't report on who the backing band would supposedly be. I was hoping someone else may have heard this so i can find out who that 3rd singer was that was floated.
    Trunk also played Women in Love and commented on how it is still as fresh today as it was then. He said that very few artists' music hold up over the test of time like Led Zep, but that Van Halen does, especially the first few albums. This kind of surprised me considering I always kind of thought Trunk was on Sammy's jock a lot.
    Anyway, thought it was at least noteworthy.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

The Rat Pack Redux?

Can't see DLR being the slightest bit interested in that.....
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

The size of Dave's ego prevents other lead singers from sharing the stage. Seriously, when has anyone ever seen Dave share a stage with any singer?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
        Seriously, when has anyone ever seen Dave share a stage with any singer?
        The last time he gigged with MA

Comment

• vh rides again
          Commando
          • Dec 2006

im pretty sure dave said in an interview that he would never share the stage with another singer, definately not with a hacker like vince neil. elvis maybe.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
            The size of Dave's ego prevents other lead singers from sharing the stage. Seriously, when has anyone ever seen Dave share a stage with any singer?
            1:30 in..

DIAMOND DAVE DELIVERS THE GOODS WITH THE BOSTON POPS ORCHESTRA! IT'S GREAT TO SEE THE SMILES ON EVERYONES FACES WHEN DIAMOND DAVE TAKES STAGE! AND AS YOU CAN...
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Vegas? Dave's been there done that....

He said that he (Trunk) was in Las Vegas 2 weekends ago and heard from a reliable source that a promoter was trying to get a Vegas show going with Dave, Vince Neil and another singer (i can't remember for the life of me who) all sharing the same backing band.....
              Translation: Eddie Trunk was fluffing Bobby Blotzer's pork in a maintenance closet for "inside" information. As ignorant as he is, he attached Daves name to the rumoured project to generate buzz...

(Ever wonder why he calls the show "The Boneyard"?)
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

Damn, i was hoping someone else may have heard this shit. If it is something that was "floated" as was reported, i'm glad Dave is not responding. Even if he were to get the boot from the Bros Dysfunctional, he would be better off recording a new album and going out solo. The previous Vegas gig somewhat tarnished his image so i agree he definitely doesn't need to go down that road again. It's just bugging me as to who the third singer was they mentioned....couldn't have been Stephen Pearcy because Ratt is coming out with a new album and tour. It damn sure wasn't Hagar. I can't think of who would somewhat fit that same mold. Can you imagine how long it would take Dave to smack the shit out of Vince off stage? Vince grew up idolizing Dave but i can see them getting sideways real quick.
                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Let's see...Dave (Moe) Roth, Vince Neil and a player to be named later? Yep, we pretty much know how this will work out...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u4ZgVRJ-H8U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u4ZgVRJ-H8U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                    It's just bugging me as to who the third singer was they mentioned....couldn't have been Stephen Pearcy because Ratt is coming out with a new album and tour. It damn sure wasn't Hagar. I can't think of who would somewhat fit that same mold.
                    Brett Michaels?

This has to be one of the most stupid unlikely rumors about Roth I've ever heard and like a lot of people here I've heard a sackful over the years...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      Brett Michaels?

This has to be one of the most stupid unlikely rumors about Roth I've ever heard and like a lot of people here I've heard a sackful over the years...
                      That's what I said when I first heard Wolfie was in VH

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I don't believe it for a second.

The whole Vegas schtick was one of Dave's biggest career missteps and flops.

DLR may be a headstrong and compulsive, but he's not stupid...
                        Originally posted by perilouspete
                        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                          That's what I said when I first heard Wolfie was in VH

Actually I said the same thing when the rumor of a tour with Hagar started...

Comment

• if6was9
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2007

, just
                            Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• fwacf
                              Roadie
                              • Jul 2004

Never going to happen!
                              When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

Comment

Working...