• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Unnecessary and Fucking Stupid Sequels

I was channel surfing this morning whilst eating my cereal and drinking my coffee when low and beyhold, I noticed a elephantitis sized turd of a movie in my guide... Immediately, a lifesize WTF? smiley was transformed on my ugly mug...

Are you ready for this?

Eddie and the Fucking Cruisers II!!!

When and why was this ever made and who's brainchild was it? I didn't watch it, just hit the info button and I guess it was made some 15 years after the first epic flick? Fuck, I vaguely even remember that one.

So, it got me to thinking of other turds like Caddyshack 2, Blues Brothers 2000 and Rothchats 2. lol

Amuse me with others if you wish.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

Shall I?

Oh, what the hell... I've never went for an easy one before, so I'll just use my voucher on this one.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Nah...'Eddie and The Cruisers 2: Eddie Lives!' was released 6 or 7 years after the first movie, I think. Certainly wasn't 15.

Worse than sequels are remakes, or reboots or reconceptualizations.

Latest two remakes that have apparently been green-lit?

The Crow and Escape From New York.

Imo, The Crow shouldn't be remade. There was nothing fucking wrong with the first one. All the sequels sucked balls. Give Brandon Lee a degree of respect - not that it was intentional, but the fucking guy died while making the movie. About the only way I want to see a remake of The Crow is if they stick even more closely to the original graphic novel than the first flick did.

Escape From New York? I'd rather see another sequel (Escape From Earth) than a remake. Escape From New York without Kurt Russell and John Carpenter participating? Why fucking bother?

Although I AM looking forward to seeing the Nightmare On Elm Street remake with Jackie Earl Haley.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Blackflag
        Banned
        • Apr 2006

The only sequel that was as good as the first was the Empire Strikes Back.

Now every fucking movie that makes a buck has to have a sequel. What the fuck. Think of a new idea.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

I disagree...

Godfather II was as good as I, if not better.

I can honestly say I've never seen Empire [or any of the franchise other than the original] so I can't comment on that one...

But GFII kicked serious ass.
          Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Blackflag
            Banned
            • Apr 2006

Okay, 2 sequels.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
              Now every fucking movie that makes a buck has to have a sequel. What the fuck. Think of a new idea.
              I just made that rant a few days ago in the A-Team thread.

Fuck Hollywood.

I wish there were more emerging SUNDANCE type movements.

Fuck those recycling greedheads with a rusty clapboard

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

I saw the Empire Strikes Back when I was a young'in.

It was really cool, it had those weird snow camel things & them tripod shits, n' whatnot...

I can't remember much else, but yeah, it was cool.

Comment

• Blackflag
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2006

The A-Team. What a stupid fucking idea.

They ran out of bad movies to remake, so now they're remaking bad tv shows.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
                    The A-Team. What a stupid fucking idea.

They ran out of bad movies to remake, so now they're remaking bad tv shows.
                    yep.

Can only assume the Cagney and Lacy movie is set for this summer season....

Comment

• Anonymous
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

Wait. That WAS the Empire Strikes Back, weren't it?

The problem with not telling the whole story in the same film is that it then all becomes a blur.

Which one of them was the one in Vietnam, where the bad cowboy dude reveals that he's the little indian father?

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

The second Toy Story was a vast improvement over the first. Of course that might erased by another trip to the well, as a third installment is on it's way.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZX2534qebo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZX2534qebo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                        Can only assume the Cagney and Lacy movie is set for this summer season...
                        Sharon Gless and Tyne Daly had a reunion of sorts a couple of weeks ago, as Daly appeared on USA's Burn Notice, a really cool show which features Gless as Michael Westen's mom.
                        Last edited by chefcraig; 03-01-2010, 08:44 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Little Texan
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

When's the "The Greatest American Hero" movie coming out?

"Believe it or not I'm walking on air..."

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                            When's the "The Greatest American Hero" movie coming out?

"Believe it or not I'm walking on air..."
                            I dunno...do you think they can lure William Katt away from making direct-to-cable SciFi Channel original movies?

Between him and Michael Pare holding out for Eddie & The Cruisers 3: Eddie Blows, the producers will have a tough time, casting-wise.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              I dunno...do you think they can lure William Katt away from making direct-to-cable SciFi Channel original movies?
                              How do those things keep getting made? For a while there, it seemed like Lou Diamond Phillips, Eric Stoltz and Bruce Davison had created their own movie studio.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...