• Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Lost Boy Haim dead from OD

Corey Haim Found Dead

Posted Mar 10th 2010 8: 08AM by TMZ Staff

Actor Corey Haim died this morning of an apparent overdose -- possibly accidental -- according to LAPD. He was 38.

Police tell us they were called to St. Joseph's hospital in Burbank, CA shortly before 4AM PT to investigate.

Haim shot to fame in the 80s -- when he co-starred in a number of films, including "The Lost Boys," with Corey Feldman.

Haim reportedly suffered a drug-induced stroke in 2001 and was rushed to the UCLA Medical Center.

Haim also reportedly was in and out of rehab 15 times, but cleaned up in 2004 after moving to Toronto.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Just saw this come across the wire myself.

'Tis ashame...but it seemed inevitable.

More from KTLA radio... (ktla.com)

LOS ANGELES -- Actor and former teen idol Corey Haimhas died at the age of 38, the Los Angeles Police Department has confirmed to KTLA.

Haim died at 3:30 a.m. Wednesday of an apparent accidental overdose, according to the LAPD's North Hollywood Division.

Coroner's Lt. Cheryl MacWillie said an autopsy would determine an official cause of death.

Haim was found unresponsive inside an Oakwood apartment, between Burbank and the Hollywood Hills, police said.

His mother was at the home at the time.

The Canadian-born actor, who has struggled with drug addiction, was pronounced dead Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank, police said.

Haim became a teen heartthrob in the 80s after appearing in the 1986 film "Lucas" and 1987's "The Lost Boys," which also starred fellow teen idol Corey Feldman.

Both actors appeared together on the A&E show "The Two Coreys," which aired from 2007 to 2008.

Haim was nominated for a Viewer's Choice Award at the 22nd Annual Gemini Awards in Canada for his role on the show, which was canceled after two seasons.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Well that's going to fuck up Fast Getaway III.
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

What is it with some of these train wreck "celebrities"? While it's a sad story, the end result has never really been in question, as it hasn't been a matter of "if" but "when" since sometime in 1988 or so.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Sad. I looked at some of the very recent photos of him & his appearance is drastically different. He had actually gained weight, which is very common when someone stops drug use. Supposedly he was clean as well. If somehow he got his hands on some & took an amount he was accustomed to taking while on the drugs, it could easily OD him. With tolerances lowered by sobriety and all.

38 is far too young. Prayers to his friends & family.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

i completely thought the other corey woulda gone first
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

tis a shame no matter tho.
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Sad, but unfortunately not at all surprising...when I opened my browser this morning and his picture came up on the news wire, before the page text had even loaded I thought "I bet Corey Haim died..."
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
                  Sad, but unfortunately not at all surprising...when I opened my browser this morning and his picture came up on the news wire, before the page text had even loaded I thought "I bet Corey Haim died..."
                  Well, it sure as shit wasn't going to be for winning an oscar...

An absolute fucking train-wreck. I remember reading something or other about Haim during that show he did on A&E. I think Haim had been offered a spot in the Lost Boys 2 or 3...or whatever Feldman is doing to wreck the original...

...and he showed up drugged out and they had to cut out either all of his parts, or parts of it.

What a fucked up pair...

RIP Haim...

Hollywood spits out another kid actor...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Feldman is clean, but needs to be back on drugs, as he is the about the most annoying person on the fucking planet. Although he won an Oscar for his stirring portrayal of "Mouth" in the Goonies.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Shocking, drug addict dies of drug overdose....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                        i completely thought the other corey woulda gone first
                        I think Feldman has actually been clean for a few years now. I actually sat through a couple episodes of their reality show, and he seemed relatively sane while Haim was clearly a mess. If I remember, he was popping pills even then, and they clearly were affecting his mind.

Fucking shame he couldn't walk away from it.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
                          If somehow he got his hands on some & took an amount he was accustomed to taking while on the drugs, it could easily OD him. With tolerances lowered by sobriety and all.
                          That seems to be the most common way people OD.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                            Feldman is clean, but needs to be back on drugs, as he is the about the most annoying person on the fucking planet.
                            He is clean, and a great guy to hang with.

Comment

• Isaac R.
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Dec 2006

ummm...who?

Comment

Working...