PDA

View Full Version : Obama "Pathological Liar"

GAR
03-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Obama lied when he said he would live within McCain/Feingold

Obama lied about closing Gitmo in one year

Obama lies about the cost of his health care proposal.

Obama lied about not raising taxes on those earning less than $250,000 per year.

He lied about keeping lobbyists out of his administration.

With all the crooks in his administration, he lied about having an ethical White House

You get the point--Barack Obama, to paraphrase Al Franken, is "A Big, Thin, Liar"

GAR
03-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Here check this out: CA Political News | show (http://capoliticalnews.com/blog_post/show/4522)

Proof: Obama a Pathological Liar
Written by CA Political News on March 10, 2010, 03:43 PM
<link href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMYPC%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel="File-List"><o:smarttagtype name="country-region" namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype name="State" namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype name="City" namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype name="place" namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning /> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables /> <w:SnapToGridInCell /> <w:WrapTextWithPunct /> <w:UseAsianBreakRules /> <w:DontGrowAutofit /> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style type="text/css"> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->Obama and the L-Word (http://reason.com/archives/2010/03/09/obama-and-the-l-word)
The presidents habit of telling untruths

Matt Welch, Reason magazine, April, 2010

(http://reason.com/archives/2010/03/09/obama-and-the-l-word)Heres how predictable the presidents slippery relationship with the truth has become: Hours before the State of the Union address, Washington Examiner reporter Timothy P. Carney posted a pre-emptive fact check that, among other things, prebutted any presidential claim to have stopped the revolving door between government and corporate lobbying. As it happened, that night Barack Obama made an even bolder (read: less truthful) claim: that weve excluded lobbyists from policymaking jobs.

In fact, more than 40 former lobbyists work in the administration, including such policy makers as Deputy Defense Secretary William J. Lynn (who was lobbying for Raytheon as recently as 2008), Office of the First Lady Director of Policy and Projects Jocelyn Frye (National Partnership for Women and Families), White House Director of Intergovernmental Affairs Cecilia Mu��(National Council of La Raza), and Treasury Secretary Chief of Staff Mark Patterson (Goldman Sachs).

When Carney confronted a White House spokeswoman with the falsehood, she conceded nothing. As the President said, she wrote, we have turned away lobbyists for many, many positions. Just not all of them.

As such defiance suggests, this was no isolated slip of the tongue. The president, who promised in both word and style to usher in a new era of <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Washington</st1:place></st1:state> responsibility, routinely says things that arent true and supports initiatives that break campaign promises. When called on it, he mostly keeps digging. And when obliged to explain why American voters are turning so sharply away from his party and his policies, Obama pins the blame not on his own deviations from verity but on his failure to explain things more clearly to the American people.

Take the issue he has explained more than any other: health care. In the State of the Union address, Obama claimed that the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) had estimated that our approach to health care reform would bring down the deficit by as much as $1 trillion over the next two decades. This is, strictly speaking, not true. The Democrats approach to health care reform includes a permanent change to the Medicare reimbursement rates for doctors, colloquially known as the doc fix. The CBO estimated that the doc fix, when combined with the health care reform legislative package, actually would increase the budget deficit in 2019 by $23 billion relative to current law, an increment that would grow in subsequent years. This is why House Democrats stripped out the doc fix from the health care bill, and passed it separately; it made the CBO scores look bad, making it harder for the president to present bogus claims about deficit neutrality.

That bit of mendacity only scratches the surface of how Congress and the administration gamed the system to produce nice-looking numbers. The CBO, by its own rules, has to take Congress at its word when a piece of legislation promises unspecified future cuts in spending, even though an overwhelming majority of promised future cuts never come to pass (a fact that the CBO itself has repeatedly warned in supplementary comments). The Senate promised more than $300 billion in such cuts. Furthermore, the CBO scores bills in 10-year windows. So the Senate delayed more than 99 percent of the reform packages spending until 2014, thus allowing the decade of 20102019 to clock in under the magic $1 trillion number. Add to all that chicanery the fact that every major health care entitlement expansion in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">U.S.</st1:place></st1:country-region> history has vastly exceeded initial cost projections, and you have ample reasons for why Americans believed, by a margin of more than 3 to 1, that health care reform would exacerbate rather than improve the deficit.

Even when addressing black-and-white examples of broken promises such as his vow to televise each and every bit of health care legislative negotiations on C-SPANObama cant quite resist the temptation to plead gray. When confronted directly on the broken C-SPAN pledge during a January meeting with GOP lawmakers, the president said: Look, the truth of the matter is that if you look at the health care processjust over the course of the yearoverwhelmingly the majority of it actually was on C-SPAN, because it was taking place in congressional hearings in which you guys were participating.

Presidential defiance, dissembling, and disinformation are nothing new, even if such political perennials are more disappointing coming from someone who still boasts (as he did in the State of the <st1:place w:st="on">Union</st1:place> address) of telling hard truths to the American people and doing whats best for the next generation. Voters pretty much knew that Bill Clinton was a slime ball when they sent him to the White House; Barack Obama held out the promise of being more dignified.

The difference between these two most recent Democratic presidents, substantial to begin with (especially in the crucial area of economic policy), may come into sharper relief in 2010. <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Clintons</st1:place></st1:city> reptilian relationship with the truth, suffused as it always has been with a catch-me-if-you-can sense of personal preservation, actually turned out to have some uses for the nation when he changed course after the 1994 Republican revolution and began co-opting some of the limited-government policies proposed by his opponents. Its easier for a chameleon to change his spots.

Obamas dishonesty, by contrast, seems to spring from a different place. As a man who has spent most of his career wowing people with his words and very little of it converting those words into deeds, he has an activists gap between rhetoric and reality and a radio broadcasters promiscuous carelessness with cutting rhetorical corners. Sure, its not technically true that the administrations day-one lobbying reforms served to get rid of the influence ofspecial interests, as he claimed in a January radio address (to the contrary: federal lobbying in 2009 set an all-time record), but its easy to imagine that the president feels his combination of tighter employment restrictions for ex-lobbyists and stricter disclosure requirements for current ones is, in the context of the Manichean fight between the people and special interests, good enough for government work. The perfect shouldnt be the enemy of the good, and the critics who complain are just opportunistic literalists grasping for any club to beat back the march of progress. No need to give them an inch.

But theres a less charitable explanation too. During the presidents nonstop gabfests before, during, and after the State of the Union speech, he kept repeating the fiction that the medical industrys special interests were significantly to blame for scotching his health care legislation. In fact, the administration and Congress negotiated with those interests every step of the way, receiving crucial buy-in and millions in campaign contributions. Pro-reform lobbyists outspent anti-reform lobbyists on advertising by a factor of 5 to 1. Theres a three-letter word for blaming the defeat of his bill on health care lobbyists, and it rhymes with pie.

And yet it smacks of something worse still. When a politician cannot fathom opposition to his policies except as the manifestation of wicked manipulation by bad guys, remediable only by more thorough explanations from the good guys, it indicates an unseemly paternalism. And if he cannot take the hint that Bush-Obama bailout-and-spend economics are deeply and increasingly unpopular, that indicates something immovable about his core economic ideology. With those two factors as backdrop, its hard to say which would be worse: if the president didnt really believe what he said, or if he did.

bueno bob
03-10-2010, 11:04 PM
http://cornerstork.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crying_baby.jpg

Blackflag
03-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Bob would like nothing more than an Obama teabag.

:blow2:

Mancrush.

GAR
03-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Hes crying because his Chosen One threw him under the wheels of the Liars' Bus..

Blackflag
03-11-2010, 12:04 AM
I think Hale is in denial, too.

GAR
03-11-2010, 12:19 AM
No, everybody except FORD admits regret.. Hale has admitted he was wrong on Obama I believe.

BigBadBrian
03-11-2010, 05:51 AM

Mancrush.

:lmao: :lmao:

sadaist
03-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Obama lied about not raising taxes on those earning less than $250,000 per year.

Have to agree with you on this one. Oh sure, his defenders will say my federal income tax has not gone up. But new & increased taxes on cigarettes makes up for that. They'll get everyone with a sin tax, or fat tax, or requiring health insurance or imposing a fine.

If I have to pay a shitload for my cigarettes to cover the health costs, why should I have to pay more for health insurance as well? Isn't that double dipping on me to pay for it? Same with obesity. Why should I pay extra for a Coke to cover obesity health costs and pay increased health insurance to cover these same costs?

And it's not even a situation of double-dipping. Multiple dipping. Like a sex train of taxes.

I fucking hate the current state of taxation. It's completely out of control due to government spending habits, and all they can come up with as a solution is to somehow squeeze more out of us....one way or another.

And before anyone hits me with the "But Bush" crap, I hate them all. Fuck them all. Arnold maybe even before Obama. Talk about fucking up a state about as bad as it can get. I don't give a shit what party letter they stick in front of their names, they all have dollar signs in their eyes.

FUCK 'EM ALL!

:rant:

bueno bob
03-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Hes crying because his Chosen One threw him under the wheels of the Liars' Bus..

I'm sad because your attention whoring look-at-me crybaby threads suck.

bueno bob
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
But I do admit that it's funny to watch Gayr, Blackfag and BonerButtBrian all give each other handjobs about it. Hot fun for big boys, don't let me get in your way...

:rolleyes:

bueno bob
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey Gayr, if Ford has so much "regret", why don't you tell us all about how much he wishes he voted for McCain and Palin now?

Hmm?

bueno bob
03-11-2010, 12:05 PM

Mancrush.

So cocksucker, you might showing me in this thread where I said one word about Obama before we start talking about an over-obsession on who's gay?

Fucking worthless.

Nickdfresh
03-11-2010, 12:10 PM

Mancrush.

Kind of ironic since you and GAR seem like the resident gay couple sperming in each other's wakes...

FORD
03-11-2010, 01:03 PM
No, everybody except FORD admits regret.. Hale has admitted he was wrong on Obama I believe.

And once again, GAyR shows his complete lack of reading comprehension, which is ironic for someone who spends as much time in a library as he does.

I've had no problems calling out Obama when he's wrong, and I'll continue to do so.

Do I "regret" voting for him? Not really.

Do I "regret" that Howard Dean or Al Gore weren't options in the primary? Definitely.

jhale667
03-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Kind of ironic since you and GAR seem like the resident gay couple sperming in each other's wakes...

Throw in BignBadnBrie and it's a three-way...

And once again, GAyR shows his complete lack of reading comprehension, which is ironic for someone who spends as much time in a library as he does.

I've had no problems calling out Obama when he's wrong, and I'll continue to do so.

Do I "regret" voting for him? Not really.

Do I "regret" that Howard Dean or Al Gore weren't options in the primary? Definitely.

Agree. And for the record, I never said I was "wrong" about Obama either; true I don't agree with some of the things he's done so far, but do I regret voting for him, or think Grandpa and Brainless would have done a better job? Not in the slightest.

kwame k
03-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Most of us have called Obama out on his faults and have called out congress on them, too.

A fact that seems lost on the Mental Midgets here......but then again, these guys don't deal in facts. They deal in blogs, viewpoints and rhetoric.

I will say this, considering that Gar is the biggest "Pathological Liar" on this board......he should be an expert on the subject ;)

kwame k
03-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Obama lied when he said he would live within McCain/Feingold

So did the guy who fucking co-authored the bill, moron.

Merrill Lynch $373,595
Citigroup Inc $322,051
Morgan Stanley $273,452
Goldman Sachs $230,095
JPMorgan Chase & Co $228,107
US Government $208,379
AT&T Inc $201,438
Wachovia Corp $195,063
UBS AG $192,493
Credit Suisse Group $183,353
PricewaterhouseCoopers $167,900
US Army $167,820
Bank of America $166,026
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher $159,596
Blank Rome LLP $154,226
Greenberg Traurig LLP $146,437
US Dept of Defense $144,105
FedEx Corp $131,974
Bear Stearns $117,498
Lehman Brothers $114,357

LINK (http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?id=N00006424&cycle2=2008&goButt2.x=5&goButt2.y=10&goButt2=Submit)

bueno bob
03-11-2010, 05:39 PM
And, for what it's worth (and anybody keeping score), Obama was never my main man...I've been more than clear that it was and always has been Kucinich, but America's not really ready for the golden age he'll usher in yet. Maybe by 2016, though...

knuckleboner
03-12-2010, 07:11 PM
And, for what it's worth (and anybody keeping score), Obama was never my main man...I've been more than clear that it was and always has been Kucinich, but America's not really ready for the golden age he'll usher in yet. Maybe by 2016, though...

no chance. kucinich is kind of the liberal version of ron paul. he's got his fans, but he will never appeal to the general population.

bueno bob
03-12-2010, 10:50 PM
no chance. kucinich is kind of the liberal version of ron paul. he's got his fans, but he will never appeal to the general population.

Probably right...with the exception that Kucinich actually KNOWS what to do with an economy, of course...

bueno bob
03-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Truth be told, I'd imagine it's more likely that we'll see Al Franken as President sooner than we'll see Kucinich, but that's not necessarily a bad thing either.

Nitro Express
03-13-2010, 03:39 AM
Obama is just another corrupt politician bought and paid by the big corporations and banks. They must be offering him a ton of perks to get this manditory pay the insurance companies scam because he won't give up on it. It's not real healthcare reform, everyone knows it but yet he keeps pushing it.

Nitro Express
03-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Obama is his own worst enemy. He is so full of himself, that he fails to realize the people don't like what he keeps pushing. He's destroyed any trust people had in him and the last thing we need in these critical times is a lame duck president. We need a real leader, not some pushy salesman for the health insurance industry.

bueno bob
03-13-2010, 11:17 AM
The best way to institute REAL health care reform is by socializing it. Good luck getting a Republican to listen to THAT, though...you know, because it's evil, God hates it, and the next thing you know they'll take your guns away, the dirty bastards!

kwame k
03-13-2010, 12:18 PM
The best way to institute REAL health care reform is by socializing it. Good luck getting a Republican to listen to THAT, though...you know, because it's evil, God hates it, and the next thing you know they'll take your guns away, the dirty bastards!

....don't forget letting Mexicans steal your high paying job ;)

knuckleboner
03-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Probably right...with the exception that Kucinich actually KNOWS what to do with an economy, of course...

so does ron paul...just take it back to he 18th century...

GAR
03-13-2010, 12:40 PM
all they can come up with as a solution is to somehow squeeze more out of us....one way or another.

And before anyone hits me with the "But Bush" crap, I hate them all.

My solutions:

1. Vote the best guy for the office regardless of party.
2. Dismantle the Electoral College system which is unfair.
3. Pester the Democrats in your community that they better quit spending and start cutting back to reduce the deficit.
4. Support judicial reform: cameras in the court, increased penaties for corrupt judges and lawmakers.

GAR
03-13-2010, 12:45 PM
We need a real leader, not some pushy salesman for the health insurance industry.

Keep an eye on Warren Buffet in all this: Obama has delayed his south Asian conferences to take part with Pelosi in jamming this fucking Health INSURANCE bill down Congress' throat.

I've said all along it's about health INSURANCE. If they gave one shit about healthcare, they would leave medicare alone for the old people and start policing all the fraud.. it only took one episode on 60minutes to show billions being pissed away on fake billing.

Why won't Obama stop that shti? It's my fucking tax money! And it's not gonna be there when you turn old, is it..

Blackflag
03-13-2010, 01:35 PM
My solutions:

1. Vote the best guy for the office regardless of party.

I'd go a step further and say, vote for the third party candidate, regardless of party.

Nitro Express
03-13-2010, 08:43 PM

Government has the important role of regulating industries when they become price gouging monopolies. Our current problem with the banking industry is because the government deregulated it. So there needs to be some sort of regulation on healthcare to keep the price abuse down. I don't think it would require a complete takeover as the system once worked great as a private industry. What we need is price caps and tort reform. Treat it like a utility. They just can't drive up the power prices on a whim. Do that with healthcare.

Nitro Express
03-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Obama's bill is basically you have to buy private insurance or you get fined $3,000. So people who can't afford the insurance will just pay the fine because it's cheaper so people will have less money and no coverage. It's not socialized medicine at all. It's a money grab period. Follow the money. Why are Reid, Pelosi, and Obama pushing it like crazy? They get big perks from big insurance if they do. This isn't about the American people at all. It's greed pure and simple.

I don't think people will pay the fine. It will stir up up more anger and won't solve a thing. People will be mad as hell putting pressure on their state governments to exclude themselves from it. You are starting to see major tension between the states and the federal government even with most states being broke and sucking on the federal tit. I see a rough decade or maybe two ahead.

Nitro Express
03-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Obama's bill is basically you have to buy private insurance or you get fined $3,000. So people who can't afford the insurance will just pay the fine because it's cheaper so people will have less money and no coverage. It's not socialized medicine at all. It's a money grab period. Follow the money. Why are Reid, Pelosi, and Obama pushing it like crazy? They get big perks from big insurance if they do. This isn't about the American people at all. It's greed pure and simple.

I don't think people will pay the fine. It will stir up up more anger and won't solve a thing. People will be mad as hell putting pressure on their state governments to exclude themselves from it. You are starting to see major tension between the states and the federal government even with most states being broke and sucking on the federal tit. I see a rough decade or maybe two ahead.

Igosplut
03-14-2010, 07:59 AM
I will say this, considering that Gar is the biggest "Pathological Liar" on this board......he should be an expert on the subject ;)

Beat me right to that punch fucker....:)

GAR
03-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Obama's bill is basically you have to buy private insurance or you get fined $3,000.

Not if you are in a labor union like his backers SEIU who gained exemptions from that in this bill, because the whole idea of working Union is gaining a better deal already thru collective bargaining for health coverage networks like Aetna Metlife and BlueCross.

Nice reacharound from our first Black President.

Nickdfresh
03-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Maybe you should join a union, GAR. Do they have a douchebag union? :)

BigBadBrian
03-16-2010, 05:27 AM
Maybe you should join a union, GAR. Do they have a douchebag union? :)

Sure they do...you're the president of it, right?

Hardrock69
03-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Funny, Gar calling someone ELSE a pathological liar.

Figures.