PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen singer Sammy Hagar dead at 62

Rikk
03-15-2010, 06:46 PM
From cnn.com
Van Halen singer Sammy Hagar dead at 59
POSTED: 6:14 p.m. EST, March 15, 2010

MILL VALLEY, California (CNN) -- Rocker Sammy Hagar, ex-lead singer of rock band Van Halen, one-time singer of pioneering 1970s rock outfit Montrose and a successful solo artist in his own right, collapsed and died Monday morning at his home in Mill Valley, California. He was 62.

Hagar's personal physician signed his death certificate. "His death was apparently unexpected," police spokesman Jason Lee said. "His physician has reported that he was suffering blood pressure problems but that his health was otherwise seemingly fine."

Hagar's manager, Mick Brigden, told CNN that the singer died of a heart attack.

"Sammy was a true rock star," Brigden said in a personal statement, "with a rich back catalog and millions of fans worldwide. He will be remembered as a dreamer and a renaissance man. I am deeply shocked today."

Hagar was rehearsing this afternoon with the members of his band, Chickenfoot. Hagar's band with guitarist Joe Satriani, ex-Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony and Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith sold more than 500,000 copies last year and the band has toured steadily since its release. All three of Hagar's bandmates were in the rehearsal space with him when he collapsed and both Smith and Anthony were seen outside Hagar's home this afternoon.

As of Monday afternoon, his wife was still with her husband in Marin General Hospital near their home.

So far, no comments have been released from the Van Halen camp, though guitarist Ronnie Montrose told CNN that he is "very sad and at a loss for words."

After a brief career as a boxer in the footsteps of his father, Hagar became interested in the burgeoning Southern California music scene, fronting his first band, The Fabulous Catillas.

Hagar's first major success came from his work with the group Montrose on their debut and sophomore albums. After difficulties with the band's founder, Ronnie Montrose, Hagar departed from the group and began a semi-successful solo career.

In 1985, he was asked to join rock icons Van Halen after the departure of the band's original vocalist David Lee Roth. Together, they released five successful albums and several high-charting singles. Their hits included Why Can't This Be Love and Right Now.

Hagar was fired from Van Halen in 1996 and briefly replaced by returning vocalist Roth. The entire incident became a media sensation, ensuring that Hagar's 1997 album Marching to Mars would be greeted with unexpected fanfare. It sold surprisingly well, peaking in the Top 20 and re-establishing Hagar as a viable solo act. With a backing band called the Waboritas in tow, Hagar spent the next ten years touring and releasing albums.

He also owned a nightclub and restaurant in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico called Cabo Wabo. This was also the name he gave to his own brand of tequila, which is widely sold in the United States.

In 2004, he briefly reunited with his Van Halen bandmates for a tour. Though concerts initially sold well, the numbers did not meet expectations and the tour ended with another falling out with the Van Halen camp.

Original vocalist Roth reunited with Van Halen in 2007 for a highly-successful reunion tour with Edward Van Halen's son Wolfgang handling bass duties.

Unchainme
03-15-2010, 06:49 PM
This is what I missed.

Old school Rikk right here.

Guitar Shark
03-15-2010, 07:03 PM
In related news, shares of Richford Limited, the world's largest manufacturer and supplier of capri pants, fell by over 64% today, after Richford posted an extremely pessimistic future earnings forecast.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-15-2010, 07:33 PM
You know I had to go to CNN.com...

You never know.... ;)

LoungeMachine
03-15-2010, 07:42 PM
May as well be.......

Hagar to play at Ribfest
Comments

March 15, 2010

From Submitted Reports
The Naperville Exchange Club announced Monday that rock legend Sammy Hagar will headline the second night of Ribfest 2010 on July 2.

Hagar's resume spans more than three decades; from the Montrose albums to his many years with Van Halen, and most recently, Chickenfoot. Hagar has collectively sold in excess of 60 million albums worldwide.

» Click to enlarge image

Rock legend Sammy Hagar will headline the second night of Ribfest 2010 on July 2.
(Submitted)
Hagar joins previously announced performers Los Lonely Boys, Jonny Lang, and The Charlie Daniels Band at this year's event.

This is the 23rd year of Ribfest, the four-day festival held in Naperville's Knoch Park. A new layout to the park this year has enabled Ribfest to enhance the musical offerings on both stages, and expand the family and carnival areas.

Ribfest kicks off on July 1, operating daily from noon to 10 p.m. through July 4, culminating with the award-winning fireworks display. Barbecue lovers will enjoy ribs, pulled pork, chicken and sauces from dozens of vendors.

The festival also offers a variety of entertainment for any age. Families can enjoy a carnival, circus, inflatables, magic shows and more. The Exchange Club runs Ribfest with an army of volunteers so every dollar earned can be donated to the prevention of child abuse. For more information about the Exchange Club, visit Welcome to the Exchange Club (http://www.exchangeclub.org).

For more information and the entire 2010 Ribfest schedule, visit Ribfest (http://www.ribfest.net).

Nickdfresh
03-15-2010, 07:46 PM
I didn't read the article, but I'll assume that Sam died by impaling himself on a giant cock...

Just a guess...

UK ROCKER
03-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Why keep bashing the samster?

chefcraig
03-15-2010, 07:54 PM

You never know.... ;)

Seriously, Rikk's work could be picked up and used as a real story, and there is precedent for such a thing happening. As recently as two weeks ago, some blogger wrote an Onion-like story about some (false) commentary supposedly offered by Pat Robinson with regard to the earthquakes in Chile and Haiti. One way or another, this joke story was picked up by the Examiner website (http://www.examiner.com/x-31532-Modesto-Political-Issues-Examiner~y2010m3d2-After-review-Pat-Robertson-still-deserves-Excommunication-from-humanity) as a bona fide news story.

Remember, Google analytics runs it's bots all over this site on a daily basis. Add to this the remarkably well written nature of the work that Rikk presented (which admirably looks like a completely believable bit of reporting), along with the dubious nature of fact checking by various stringers collating news bits today, and the piece has a surprisingly good chance of being picked up and distributed as fact.

Well done, Rikk. Nice to see ya again.

Guitar Shark
03-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Seriously, Rikk's work could be picked up and used as a real story, and there is precedent for such a thing happening. As recently as two weeks ago, some blogger wrote an Onion-like story about some (false) commentary supposedly offered by Pat Robinson with regard to the earthquakes in Chile and Haiti. One way or another, this joke story was picked up by the Examiner website (http://www.examiner.com/x-31532-Modesto-Political-Issues-Examiner~y2010m3d2-After-review-Pat-Robertson-still-deserves-Excommunication-from-humanity) as a bona fide news story.

There is also precedent by Rikk himself; see the other thread he bumped up today. It was a thing of beauty.

Nickdfresh
03-15-2010, 08:14 PM

Well, why not?

UK ROCKER
03-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Well, why not?

Just seems a bit childish

LoungeMachine
03-15-2010, 08:31 PM

:lmao:

Have you taken a look around the room, man?

This isn't The Algonquin Roundtable

:gulp:

It's a message board dedicated to the singer of a band that hasn't put out more than 10 minutes of new material in 26 years......

VanHalener
03-15-2010, 08:36 PM

Did someone leave one of the gates open again?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L1Pmg3BxCCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L1Pmg3BxCCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

UK ROCKER
03-15-2010, 08:48 PM
It's a message board dedicated to the singer of a band that hasn't put out more than 10 minutes of new material in 26 years......

So, What has that got to do with Sam?

CuntSmasher
03-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Meh, made up articles suck.

I'd rather read real articles like the one about a guy in a wheelchair that got catapulted during an AC/DC show in Australia.

LoungeMachine
03-15-2010, 09:49 PM

:rolleyes:

Jesus man, just move on, okay?

dolt.

Bill Lumbergh
03-15-2010, 10:06 PM

Wow. Dont look through anyone's old posts around here, you may feel like you dont have a friend in the world on this site.

Bill Lumbergh
03-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Haha, yeah like CNN is gonna go into his Marching to Mars era etc. Classic.

DLR7884
03-15-2010, 10:37 PM
From cnn.com
Van Halen singer Sammy Hagar dead at 59
POSTED: 6:14 p.m. EST, March 15, 2010

MILL VALLEY, California (CNN) -- Rocker Sammy Hagar, ex-lead singer of rock band Van Halen, one-time singer of pioneering 1970s rock outfit Montrose and a successful solo artist in his own right, collapsed and died Monday morning at his home in Mill Valley, California. He was 62.

Hagar's personal physician signed his death certificate. "His death was apparently unexpected," police spokesman Jason Lee said. "His physician has reported that he was suffering blood pressure problems but that his health was otherwise seemingly fine."

Hagar's manager, Mick Brigden, told CNN that the singer died of a heart attack.

"Sammy was a true rock star," Brigden said in a personal statement, "with a rich back catalog and millions of fans worldwide. He will be remembered as a dreamer and a renaissance man. I am deeply shocked today."

Hagar was rehearsing this afternoon with the members of his band, Chickenfoot. Hagar's band with guitarist Joe Satriani, ex-Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony and Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith sold more than 500,000 copies last year and the band has toured steadily since its release. All three of Hagar's bandmates were in the rehearsal space with him when he collapsed and both Smith and Anthony were seen outside Hagar's home this afternoon.

As of Monday afternoon, his wife was still with her husband in Marin General Hospital near their home.

So far, no comments have been released from the Van Halen camp, though guitarist Ronnie Montrose told CNN that he is "very sad and at a loss for words."

After a brief career as a boxer in the footsteps of his father, Hagar became interested in the burgeoning Southern California music scene, fronting his first band, The Fabulous Catillas.

Hagar's first major success came from his work with the group Montrose on their debut and sophomore albums. After difficulties with the band's founder, Ronnie Montrose, Hagar departed from the group and began a semi-successful solo career.

In 1985, he was asked to join rock icons Van Halen after the departure of the band's original vocalist David Lee Roth. Together, they released five successful albums and several high-charting singles. Their hits included Why Can't This Be Love and Right Now.

Hagar was fired from Van Halen in 1996 and briefly replaced by returning vocalist Roth. The entire incident became a media sensation, ensuring that Hagar's 1997 album Marching to Mars would be greeted with unexpected fanfare. It sold surprisingly well, peaking in the Top 20 and re-establishing Hagar as a viable solo act. With a backing band called the Waboritas in tow, Hagar spent the next ten years touring and releasing albums.

He also owned a nightclub and restaurant in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico called Cabo Wabo. This was also the name he gave to his own brand of tequila, which is widely sold in the United States.

In 2004, he briefly reunited with his Van Halen bandmates for a tour. Though concerts initially sold well, the numbers did not meet expectations and the tour ended with another falling out with the Van Halen camp.

Original vocalist Roth reunited with Van Halen in 2007 for a highly-successful reunion tour with Edward Van Halen's son Wolfgang handling bass duties.

:biggrin:

DLR7884
Post of the decade!

DLR7884
03-15-2010, 10:38 PM

I did the exact same thing.

DLR7884
Too funny.

twonabomber
03-15-2010, 10:46 PM
May as well be.......

Hagar to play at Ribfest

Hagar played at "A Taste Of Cleveland" (which is a glorified rib burn-off) sometime before the '02 Dave/Sam tour. i liked to drop that tidbit on unsuspecting Hagaritas when they'd slam Dave for playing Summerfest or a state fair.

Rikk
03-15-2010, 11:39 PM

Is this a gift-wrapped coincidence?

Is this the easiest target since 7884 laid the smack down on a 15-year-old girl?

NO!! It's a sheep!!!!

SHEEP OF THE WEEK! SHEEP OF THE WEEK!
http://weekinthenee.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/sheep1.jpg

Rikk
03-15-2010, 11:40 PM

DLR7884
Post of the decade!

Let's get some tacos and beat up those that don't know better, old friend.:hitch:

Rikk
03-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Haha, yeah like CNN is gonna go into his Marching to Mars era etc. Classic.

Okay, if it had been TEN 13, then you'd have a reason to be skeptical...

chefcraig
03-15-2010, 11:48 PM

Meh, made up articles suck.

I'd rather read real articles...

Oye...why does this always happen...the party is in full swing, you get a good game going, then somebody's clueless nephews get shoved to the front of the line, don't understand the rules, and then whine about the scoring?

Hardrock69
03-16-2010, 12:44 AM
You know I could create a CNN webpage with that headline.
:D

But why add gasoline to the fire? :D

Unchainme
03-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Is this a gift-wrapped coincidence?

Is this the easiest target since 7884 laid the smack down on a 15-year-old girl?

NO!! It's a sheep!!!!

SHEEP OF THE WEEK! SHEEP OF THE WEEK!
http://weekinthenee.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/sheep1.jpg

fuck yes!

'bout damn time this was brought back.

GAR
03-16-2010, 12:54 AM

I'm never at a loss for words on such a thing!

Oh please, God.. please let it be true...

please
please
please oh please oh please please please pretty please I'll be good honest..

GAR
03-16-2010, 12:55 AM
I did the exact same thing.

DLR7884
Too funny.

This was a joke?

Is this true, or not!

Hardrock69
03-16-2010, 01:04 AM
And it's posted in main. This is magnificent. The return of a Legend. With a legendary post.

The Larg is strong with this one:
http://i40.tinypic.com/72ue5x.jpg

Panamark
03-16-2010, 01:13 AM
Well Fuck me sideways ????

RIKK !!!! Welcome back you magnificent bastard :)

bueno bob
03-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Auntie Emm! Auntie Emm! It's a resurgence!!

http://www.wizardofozpictures.com/images/auntie-em/auntie-em1.JPG

Rikk
03-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Well Fuck me sideways ????

RIKK !!!! Welcome back you magnificent bastard :)

I won't fuck you sideways, but I will accept your goddamn welcome.

Goddamn great to see you, you riled-up Roth-tard. Let's have some fun in these here parts. :barf:

Three Lock Rock
03-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Howe dare you guyes talk shit about the RED ROCKKER?

FAGGS!z

Three lock Rock'
kickin ass and takin names!

Hardrock69
03-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Why keep bashing the hamster?

Well, because he's a hamster in a clown outfit for one thing.

Bill Lumbergh
03-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Wow, even the mighty Three lock returns....I can fuckin' die now!

bueno bob
03-16-2010, 02:08 AM
Wow, even the mighty Three lock returns....I can fuckin' die now!

Not before your legal arrangements have been addressed!

There are a lot of very angry parents at you still!

:mad:

Panamark
03-16-2010, 02:23 AM
I won't fuck you sideways, but I will accept your goddamn welcome.

Goddamn great to see you, you riled-up Roth-tard. Let's have some fun in these here parts. :barf:

Indeed !!

Seriously glad to see you, many people have missed your input.
I'll crack a coldie right now ! :)

Bill Lumbergh
03-16-2010, 02:41 AM
Not before your legal arrangements have been addressed!

There are a lot of very angry parents at you still!

:mad:

I LEARNED IT FROM YOU! I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!:pullinghair:

DavidLeeNatra
03-16-2010, 03:20 AM
holy shit...the long lost son (of a bitch) is in the house...fuck you, sheep shaving bastard...you owe me half the rent for that fucking bar we still run somewhere out there!

Romeo Delight
03-16-2010, 03:22 AM
May as well be.......

Hagar to play at Ribfest
Comments

March 15, 2010

From Submitted Reports
The Naperville Exchange Club announced Monday that rock legend Sammy Hagar will headline the second night of Ribfest 2010 on July 2.

Hagar's resume spans more than three decades; from the Montrose albums to his many years with Van Halen, and most recently, Chickenfoot. Hagar has collectively sold in excess of 60 million albums worldwide.

» Click to enlarge image

Rock legend Sammy Hagar will headline the second night of Ribfest 2010 on July 2.
(Submitted)
Hagar joins previously announced performers Los Lonely Boys, Jonny Lang, and The Charlie Daniels Band at this year's event.

This is the 23rd year of Ribfest, the four-day festival held in Naperville's Knoch Park. A new layout to the park this year has enabled Ribfest to enhance the musical offerings on both stages, and expand the family and carnival areas.

Ribfest kicks off on July 1, operating daily from noon to 10 p.m. through July 4, culminating with the award-winning fireworks display. Barbecue lovers will enjoy ribs, pulled pork, chicken and sauces from dozens of vendors.

The festival also offers a variety of entertainment for any age. Families can enjoy a carnival, circus, inflatables, magic shows and more. The Exchange Club runs Ribfest with an army of volunteers so every dollar earned can be donated to the prevention of child abuse. For more information about the Exchange Club, visit Welcome to the Exchange Club (http://www.exchangeclub.org).

For more information and the entire 2010 Ribfest schedule, visit Ribfest (http://www.ribfest.net).

I had to check too just to be sure. Looks like I wasn't alol, lol. Nice to see you back Rikk!

LoungeMachine
03-16-2010, 04:06 AM
This was a joke?

Is this true, or not!

Kinda like your RIP Jizzy Stool thread....

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 04:15 AM

I've heard of choking the chicken, spanking the monkey and even milking the worm but that's a new one.

Golden AWe
03-16-2010, 05:54 AM
Ok, so Hagar never kicked ass. Let's hope he'd even succeed with the bucket.

Rikk
03-16-2010, 08:02 AM
holy shit...the long lost son (of a bitch) is in the house...fuck you, sheep shaving bastard...you owe me half the rent for that fucking bar we still run somewhere out there!

I came into some money when I sold 25% of my SHEEP PEN stock. I'll pay you back some rent...but I have a plan that pretty much every thread you and I start should get its own forum.

Rikk
03-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Seriously glad to see you, many people have missed your input.
I'll crack a coldie right now ! :)

If only these people knew that after all these years, I actually AM Sammy Hagar!

I'll drink a Belgian Wheat Ale with ya, ol' pal...

ZahZoo
03-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Finally the legend returns... and delivers!!

hideyoursheep
03-16-2010, 08:43 AM
How many lives does this Hagar character have?

I thought he died in 1986 in a murder-suicide.

He killed Van Halen, then turned the cheese on himself.

:smoke:

UK ROCKER
03-16-2010, 09:21 AM
This is a David Lee Roth board, What is all this sheep reference, Is it some sort of in-joke?

DavidLeeNatra
03-16-2010, 09:51 AM
This is a David Lee Roth board, What is all this sheep reference, Is it some sort of in-joke?

now THAT was a funny post...

Igosplut
03-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Hagar to play at Ribfest

» Click to enlarge image

Somebody clicked obviously

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Repeatedly. :)

binnie
03-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Oh man, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time (and it's come just at the right time, had some bad news this week.)

Rikk, you are a legend my friend.

binnie
03-16-2010, 04:18 PM

Allow me to explain: 'sheep' is a slur hurled at anyone who is a) A Sammy Hagar fan, or b) prefers Van Hagar to Van Halen.

Check out the 'Sheep Pen' thread in Non. Those guys used to police the Hagar-lovers that used to soil the board back in the day....

Sensible Shoes
03-16-2010, 05:23 PM

Have you looked at the name of the site lately?

UK ROCKER
03-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Allow me to explain: 'sheep' is a slur hurled at anyone who is a) A Sammy Hagar fan, or b) prefers Van Hagar to Van Halen.

Check out the 'Sheep Pen' thread in Non. Those guys used to police the Hagar-lovers that used to soil the board back in the day....

Thanks or the explination, but to be honest there is quite a bit of post 85' stuff that i do like. It just seems a bit childish that groan men, fathers with children are hurling abuse at people that like both eras, it is not that much of a big deal.

You don't have this childish rubbish on the sabbath or AC/DC boards do you?
That is why i think you do not have many people posting on this board.

Thanks again for the sheep definition

LoungeMachine
03-16-2010, 05:52 PM
It just seems a bit childish that groan men,

Rikk
03-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks or the explination, but to be honest there is quite a bit of post 85' stuff that i do like. It just seems a bit childish that groan men, fathers with children are hurling abuse at people that like both eras, it is not that much of a big deal.

Is this a fucking alias?

One big giveaway of an alias is over-the-top spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. I should know...I've created something like 10 aliases. Hell, people aren't even aware that the poster LOUNGE MACHINE is just another of my aliases.

If this is not an alias, it's almost too easy. It's like throwing stones at a one-legged child...especially since this particular one-legged child also is missing the left side of his brain.

SABBATH fans are not judgmental? Bullshit. Also, they don't have to be as angry. Ronnie James Dio is not as good as 70's-Ozzy, but at least his work with Sabbath is excellent.

What did us Dave fans get? An entire ignored back catalog, songs about feelin' and love and a shitty-dressing hippie with a bad attitude, lying about statistics.

I would buy HEAVEN AND HELL not knowing it was a BLACK SABBATH album. I would not buy FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE without that VH name on it back in the day. And, in all honesty, I'm embarrassed that I wasted my $15 in 1993 (when I finally bought it).

Don't waste our time. I still think you're a plant. Your questions are too baiting.

jhale667
03-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Hagar fans should be tasered. Repeatedly. That is all. ;)

Unchainme
03-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Is this a fucking alias?

One big giveaway of an alias is over-the-top spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. I should know...I've created something like 10 aliases. Hell, people aren't even aware that the poster LOUNGE MACHINE is just another of my aliases.

Damn, how could I have been so blind..this whole time?

Rikk, how did you pull it off?

or, is the whole Army just full of your alias and I'm the only other person here? I'm starting to feel a bit dizzy, gonna lie down for a bit.

UK ROCKER
03-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Is this a fucking alias?

If this is not an alias, it's almost too easy. It's like throwing stones at a one-legged child...especially since this particular one-legged child also is missing the left side of his brain.

SABBATH fans are not judgmental? Bullshit. Also, they don't have to be as angry. Ronnie James Dio is not as good as 70's-Ozzy, but at least his work with Sabbath is excellent.

What did us Dave fans get? An entire ignored back catalog, songs about feelin' and love and a shitty-dressing hippie with a bad attitude, lying about statistics.

I would buy HEAVEN AND HELL not knowing it was a BLACK SABBATH album. I would not buy FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE without that VH name on it back in the day. And, in all honesty, I'm embarrassed that I wasted my $15 in 1993 (when I finally bought it).

Don't waste our time. I still think you're a plant. Your questions are too baiting.

Why the angry tone? Just because i like some post 85' VH stuff and like ronnie & ozzy.

Get a life!

LoungeMachine
03-16-2010, 06:58 PM

You just had to do it, didn';t you? Just had to rub it in.....

Yes, we're woefully inadequate in comparison to those who frequent the AC/DC and sabbath boards.

Feel better now that you've rubbed our noses in it? huh?

You dont think we wake up every morning wishing to CHRIST we could be as cool and level-headed as those cats?

Fuck man wait to hurt us. :(

There's been times in the past where we've all pretty much wanted to go JONESTOWN and do a mass offing of ourselves because the shame and humilation of never measuring up to those titans of message board superiority.

Doesn't mean you have to open old wounds, ya know?

Fuck. I just want to die.

Blood is on your hands now, compadre.

Rikk
03-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Why the angry tone?

Holy shit!!:umm:

Dude, your skin is as thick as saran wrap!

Grow a set.
http://sunnyskeptic.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg

Dan
03-16-2010, 07:24 PM

And WE Are Still Doing It Today.:D

UK ROCKER
03-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Grow a set.

Grow up Rikk

VanHalener
03-16-2010, 07:58 PM
And WE Are Still Doing It Today.:D

Yup. Guess I'll have to send in Taz to lock and guard the gate again. Sheep...sheesh!
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s326/vanhalener/weirdo_girl_beach.jpg

Va Beach VH Fan
03-16-2010, 08:06 PM

Excuse me Sir, but "sheep" is not a slur, but rather a term of endearment... :biggrin:

Va Beach VH Fan
03-16-2010, 08:11 PM
There's been times in the past where we've all pretty much wanted to go JONESTOWN and do a mass offing of ourselves because the shame and humilation of never measuring up to those titans of message board superiority.

Yup, I've still got the Kool-Aid stashed, it's underneath the $35 F.U.C.K. T-shirt that I use like a Sham-Wow....

Vinnie Velvet
03-16-2010, 08:49 PM
I am happy to see my bro Rikk come back on here.

I was equally happy with the news of Hagar's death.

That is all.

FORD
03-16-2010, 09:34 PM

Well, that's because Ronnie James Dio didn't turn Sabbath into a Top 40 cheese ballad factory. And while every album Ac/Dc made with Brian Johnson sounds about the same, and the Bon albums were definitely better, it's still a rock band, and not something you would expect to hear in a commercial for a woman's hygeine product.

fryingdutchman
03-16-2010, 10:19 PM

Just.....wow.

Nice knowing you.

Exits are located at the front, middle, and rear of our craft...

fryingdutchman
03-16-2010, 10:21 PM
'Tis smashing to see the triumphant return of RIKK...

May this be the first of many glorious posts to come.

comixxx
03-16-2010, 11:25 PM
You are a piece of shit for posting this!

Rikk
03-16-2010, 11:53 PM

Yeah. It's tearing me up inside.

bueno bob
03-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Grow up Rikk

Aren't you too old to be on the internet?

Hardrock69
03-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Spamulus Flatulus at a rib fest. Something seems bizarre about that.

Spambot

Ribfest

Spambot

Ribfest

Wait a minute......didn't bassplayer have some kinda BBQ sauce?

I think I see the connection!

To what I have no idea................

Bill Lumbergh
03-17-2010, 01:02 AM
You cant make this stuff up. Well, Bob can with his 67 aliases....

Hardrock69
03-17-2010, 01:09 AM
By the way, I think he forgot to give you his daily TPS report.

Just thought I would mention.

**HR skips away** la la la lalalala la lalalala lalala

Hardrock69
03-17-2010, 01:11 AM

Man. I have laughed more in the past day than I have in....well, several days around here.

But that's beside the point.

Needed some good silliness to help keep spirits up in these troubled times.
And dey be some silly muffukkaz show up heah lately. MmmmHMMMM!

bueno bob
03-17-2010, 01:36 AM
You cant make this stuff up. Well, Bob can with his 67 aliases....

You fag!

That's 167 aliases!

UK ROCKER
03-17-2010, 06:01 AM
Well, that's because Ronnie James Dio didn't turn Sabbath into a Top 40 cheese ballad factory. And while every album Ac/Dc made with Brian Johnson sounds about the same, and the Bon albums were definitely better, it's still a rock band, and not something you would expect to hear in a commercial for a woman's hygeine product.

It wasn't just Sam, your hero Eddie was also a willing participant.

DavidLeeNatra
03-17-2010, 06:32 AM

oh really??? big news to everyone around here, I guess...so dear, Mr. Rocker from the Uk...

http://www.gwiv.com/ShutTheFuckUp.jpg

UK ROCKER
03-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Why are you so angry Natra?
Eddie did come up with 50% of post 85 stuff so it wasn't all Sams fault.
Calm down and stop taking things so personally
Maybe you would like a cup of tea as well.

hideyoursheep
03-17-2010, 07:02 AM

Hero?

:lol:

Look around, mate.

:umm: What's the name of this site again?

Don't think Ed's transgressions have gone unnoticed around here.

hideyoursheep
03-17-2010, 07:29 AM

*ahem*

Allow me to expand on that just a little bit...

There was a time when VH was the genuine article. The real deal. Top of the Rock and Roll food chain.

Then, it happened. They changed. They weren't what they used to be, yet some folks who seemed to have hopped on the 1984 bandwagon refused to get off. They are usually the ones that didn't notice. They kept following. Hence the sheep references. In other words, anything Ed did post Roth was acceptable.

For me it was not. For many of us it was absolute cheesy, top 40 shite. Soulless. Empty. No stones.

But so long as Ed worked the fretboard, the sheep welcomed the singing clown in women's pants. Ed's new "brother" was instrumental in fucking VH up, just as Ed was.I don't give him a pass just because of who he is, or what he's accomplished on the guitar.

If you don't get it yet, at least you know what you can expect from me in the future, if you try and defend that....that...post-Roth garbage. :019:

Welcome to the Roth Army boards, UK ROCKER.

UK ROCKER
03-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Some good points there hideyousheep, but Dave was not always that good either.
He got off to a great start with Eat Em...
then fucked up with the over produced Skyscraper,
Then a medocore A Lttle Aint enough (that lp did not come anywher near cvh)
Then that god awful Your Filthy little mouth rubbish that lost him any audience he had left. Then he loses his record contract
(I wonder why..)

I love dave in vh (not so much the owned gagged dave) but on his own he wasn't that great,

I come here to talk about VH with dave, good or bad.

thome
03-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Some good points there hideyousheep, but Dave was not always that good either.
then fucked up with the over produced Skyscraper,
Then that god awful Your Filthy little mouth rubbish that lost him any audience he had left. Then he loses his record contract
(I wonder why..)

I love dave in vh (not so much the owned gagged dave) but on his own he wasn't that great,

I come here to talk about VH with dave, good or bad.

You LOVE Dave .....whatteva...

Then you cuss him as a hack and now you want to love him again...

Rubbish ...?

You are perhaps a candy assed Haggarite, that gives compliments that are completed with a insult to please your stoopid innability to actually say something that is without compromise.

Hows this ...I didin't love your first last or even your indifferent posts.

They are all pussified.

bueno bob
03-17-2010, 10:25 AM

Oh blow me.

That record was TEN TIMES better than anything he'd released solo up to that point and the closest thing to a REAL Van Halen album since 1984.

On second though, go blow yourself. You probably have cooties or something.

UK ROCKER
03-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Oh blow me.

That record was TEN TIMES better than anything he'd released solo up to that point and the closest thing to a REAL Van Halen album since 1984.

I disagree the closest he came to cvh was with Eat Em....
Those tracks on A Little... haven't dated that well and are kinda weak.
But it is an OK record.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-17-2010, 11:21 AM
fathers with children are hurling abuse at people that like both eras,

as opposed to fathers without children.....:umm:

UK ROCKER
03-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Pete i wouldn't rag on a dude for liking different kinds of music

FORD
03-17-2010, 11:31 AM

Last time you were on this board, you were the tag team partner of the "insider" trolls like "The Guy" and "Anal Thrust".

Based on that alone, you ain't got no grounds to be calling anybody else a "piece of shit", sheep.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-17-2010, 11:33 AM
but it is a roth board. sammy is the anti-christ in the religion that is van halen.

chefcraig
03-17-2010, 12:03 PM
...but Dave was not always that good either.
then fucked up with the over produced Skyscraper...

I tend to disagree with that. Yeah, EEAS was a hot little record, but sonically it was little more than a well recorded garage band blasting through some covers and some weak tunes that reflected more of Dave's personality than any true song craft. Take away Roth's singing and funny vocal asides, and there really wasn't much there. Sure there was some killer playing, but you could get that on just about any of the hotshot guitar albums then in vogue. Whereas with a VH record, if you took out Dave's contributions, you'd still have the band's inventiveness, but the songwriting wasn't weak and didn't need to be compensated for with overplaying and wank.

Skyscraper on the other hand, was much more refined and focused. FORD and I usually go around in circles about this, as he prefers the original mix, which was less keyboard heavy and featured Billy Sheehan's dirty bass more prominent. Lately, I've come to agree with FORD to an extent on the overall sound (which could have been much, much better), but I still maintain that there is a depth to the writing and playing that was not in evidence on EEAS. The band has some shows under it's belt by this point, and there isn't as much of a reliance on "Look at me!" histrionics in the performances.

OK, not everything works. The title track veers a little too far into Led Zeppelin territory, the humor in "Hot Dog and a Shake" seems a bit forced and "Just Like Paradise" sounds suspiciously like a rewrite of "Going Crazy" from the last album. It's interesting to note that the producers of Beverly Hills, 90210 contacted Dave's manager about using the song as the show's theme song. The manager replied (if at all) without committing, so the show drafted some hack to write the theme, which sounds strikingly similar to Roth's tune.

But when the album works, it does so splendidly. "Hina" and "Damn Good" are unexpected left turns, both finding Roth in a rare thoughtful and introspective mood. "The Bottom Line" slams away in hyperspeed, and Roth is in good voice, not struggling to keep up like on some of the faster tunes from the previous album. And "Knucklebones" is just plain cool. (Admittedly, "Perfect Timing" is a direct rip-off of The Smithereens "Behind The Wall Of Sleep" from the previous year, but it still works.)

It's a shame that that Sheehan was booted and Roth decided to go off in a different direction. A follow up album that built on the promise of Skyscraper might have changed Roth's career and fortunes greatly. Sadly, we'll never know.

diamondsgirl
03-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Pete i wouldn't rag on a dude for liking different kinds of music

unless its Van Hagar :hitch:

diamondsgirl
03-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Eddie did come up with 50% of post 85 stuff so it wasn't all Sams fault.

but just who pussywhipped who? that is the question.

Unchainme
03-17-2010, 12:47 PM
I really liked ALAE, Tell the Truth have this really cool bluesy vibe to it, as does Sensible Shoes

Also, Damn Good is probably the best track off Skyscraper.

Van Hagar has never really released anything worth listening to, other than some of the contributions to the "Twister Soundtrack", where Ed was starting to wake up and realize that he was growing tired of the Cheese.

FORD
03-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Also, Damn Good is probably the best track off Skyscraper.

Yep. Because there ain't any synthesizers drowning out the music. :biggrin:

Va Beach VH Fan
03-17-2010, 01:15 PM
but it is a roth board. sammy is the anti-christ in the religion that is van halen.

My goodness, well said Sir.... :baaa:

Hardrock69
03-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Some people need to tread very lightly around here when even dreaming of singing praises of the Fat Retard Klown.

As I posted in another thread, I have seen him live a total of 6 1/2 times. In the 70s he was actually a rocker. Then, by 1982, everything he touched turned to CHEEZE.

He continued to destroy anything he touched musically, and has not backed off.

These days, he is cheezifying Joe Satriani and that drummer dude in ChickenAss.

bassplayer doesn't count, because he was cheezified in van hagar, and has not improved his musical lot in life ever since.

binnie
03-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Skyscraper just sounded weird to me - it's not that the songs are poor, it's just sounds flat to there ears.

I really don't know how anyone could call ALAE 'mediocre'. That is a very, very good record. Anywhere near CVH? Of course not, I bet even Dave doesn't think he's done anything approaching the six pack. But his solo records were more interesting and had more spark than the rigid, over-thought, turgid, mid-paced cack that Van Hagar abused the world with.

binnie
03-17-2010, 04:13 PM

It's not particuarly childish is it? If someone farts, I'll laugh - whether I'm 4 or 40.

It's just good fun.

ZahZoo
03-17-2010, 04:17 PM
It just seems a bit childish that groan men, fathers with children are hurling abuse at people that like both eras, it is not that much of a big deal.

Glad you didn't drag us grandfathers into your little hissy fit here...

Rikk
03-17-2010, 05:29 PM
I'll say this...

I think Dave's solo career has been spotty at best. The man can be a giant fuck-up. Let's not deny that.

But I doubt there are many on this site, if any, who are not sure of the following:

1) (Obviously) 78-84 Van Halen is better than any other Van Halen...except for maybe '96 (see below).

2) '96 Van Halen is better than anything on the four Hagar albums, the Cherone album and the three awful reunion tracks with Cheesehead from '04. (ME WISE MAGIC is actually my favorite Van Halen song.)

3) EAT 'EM AND SMILE is definitely a more entertaining, far less embarrassing album than 5150. 5150 had some good guitar moments, but it was a pretty ludicrous, sub-par album from a band selling records at this point to the kind of people that also love Richard Marx and REO Speedwagon. If Dave had sung on it, it wouldn't only have good vocals, it would be a totally different album musically.

4) A LI'L AIN'T ENOUGH is a better album than FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE (actually, F.U.C.K. is in my opinion the worst Van Halen album of them all...it's absolutely mind-numblingly terrible and stupid). IT'S SHOWTIME or the title track of ALAE are far more Van Halen than any of the F.U.C.K. crap except maybe for the music (not vocals) in PLEASURE DOME. Yes, I used to listen to this crap.

5) DLR BAND is 1,000 times better than VHIII. DLR BAND is an amazing rock 'n' roll album. Halen with Cherone was more than a mistake...it was a tragedy because it was what we got instead of the real reunion.

6) Many people on this site hate Eddie even more than they hate Sammy. Sammy was born stupid. Eddie took a great thing and ruined it. He's a hateful, hateful man and I'll die not loving Van Halen as much as I should have. They had a chance to fix it all in 1996, and Eddie's bi-polar crap ruined it all. He's a mean human being and his big ego ruined it all.

UK ROCKER...look at the name of this fucking site, you goddamn moron. This is not a Van Halen site. I tried posting at one of those. Then I posted here for a few years. This place is about thicker skin and people not needing to explain to morons (such as yourself) why they can't accept the shit that Eddie and Sammy (and the fucknut brother and the fatass bass player) did to music in the mid-80s until now.

http://images.wolfgangsvault.com/images/catalog/detail/JSP0133-13-FP.jpg

jhale667
03-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Well put, Rikk. :baaa:

UK ROCKER
03-17-2010, 06:09 PM
I'll say this...

I think Dave's solo career has been spotty at best. The man can be a giant fuck-up. Let's not deny that.

But I doubt there are many on this site, if any, who are not sure of the following:

1) (Obviously) 78-84 Van Halen is better than any other Van Halen...except for maybe '96 (see below).

2) '96 Van Halen is better than anything on the four Hagar albums, the Cherone album and the three awful reunion tracks with Cheesehead from '04. (ME WISE MAGIC is actually my favorite Van Halen song.)

3) EAT 'EM AND SMILE is definitely a more entertaining, far less embarrassing album than 5150. 5150 had some good guitar moments, but it was a pretty ludicrous, sub-par album from a band selling records at this point to the kind of people that also love Richard Marx and REO Speedwagon. If Dave had sung on it, it wouldn't only have good vocals, it would be a totally different album musically.

4) A LI'L AIN'T ENOUGH is a better album than FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE (actually, F.U.C.K. is in my opinion the worst Van Halen album of them all...it's absolutely mind-numblingly terrible and stupid). IT'S SHOWTIME or the title track of ALAE are far more Van Halen than any of the F.U.C.K. crap except maybe for the music (not vocals) in PLEASURE DOME. Yes, I used to listen to this crap.

5) DLR BAND is 1,000 times better than VHIII. DLR BAND is an amazing rock 'n' roll album. Halen with Cherone was more than a mistake...it was a tragedy because it was what we got instead of the real reunion.

6) Many people on this site hate Eddie even more than they hate Sammy. Sammy was born stupid. Eddie took a great thing and ruined it. He's a hateful, hateful man and I'll die not loving Van Halen as much as I should have. They had a chance to fix it all in 1996, and Eddie's bi-polar crap ruined it all. He's a mean human being and his big ego ruined it all.

UK ROCKER...look at the name of this fucking site, you goddamn moron. This is not a Van Halen site. I tried posting at one of those. Then I posted here for a few years. This place is about thicker skin and people not needing to explain to morons (such as yourself) why they can't accept the shit that Eddie and Sammy (and the fucknut brother and the fatass bass player) did to music in the mid-80s until now.

Apology accepted Rikk, I'm glad you like both era's too.

Rikk
03-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Apology accepted Rikk, I'm glad you like both era's too.

If you think someone calling you a moron is an equivalent to their apologizing to you, then I suggest you increase the dosage.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XKpo%2BFNsL.jpg

UK ROCKER
03-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey no probs Rikk, as I said apology accepted, I'm glad you have an open mind.

saint
03-17-2010, 06:29 PM
FORD and I usually go around in circles about this, as he prefers the original mix, which was less keyboard heavy and featured Billy Sheehan's dirty bass more prominent.

Is that mix somewhere to be found, cant recall i´ve herad it.

Reverberator
03-17-2010, 06:35 PM
I've always loved Sammy , now I have a four inch diameter arsehole.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

chefcraig
03-17-2010, 06:55 PM
I've always loved Sammy , now I have a four inch diameter arsehole.

Yeah, but look on the bright side...you can carry a flash light and a can of Pringles, and still have your hands free.

Hardrock69
03-17-2010, 09:30 PM

Nickdfresh
03-17-2010, 09:58 PM
I'll say this...

Yeah, but at least he can say he had nothing to do with the Van Halen III abortion...

FORD
03-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Is that mix somewhere to be found, cant recall i´ve herad it.

It hasn't surfaced yet that I'm aware of. Just to clarify, my comments about the "original mix" of the album come directly from an old interview with Billy Sheehan, who has a copy of the original master tape. He actually thought about leaking it back then, if I recall correctly, but never did.

Considering all the Beatles/Stones/Grateful Dead/etc tapes that manage to leak out even 30 years or more after they were recorded, I'm hoping that someone will eventually leak this tape. Billy Sheehan, Steve Vai, Greg Bissonette, whomever's got a copy.

Diamondjimi
03-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Someone posting as "Edward Van Halen" somehow came across this thread on the net and posted over at the house of Cheddar.

Edward Van Halen
post Today, 02:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,135

I've had my people try and get some facts on this story, but calls are NOT being returned.

Link to story

We've made some great music together, we've had our differences and he stole my bass player away after 25+ years.
But I don't hold any grudges. I've always told the absolute truth. He was a good friend.
He was part of the reason I drank myself into oblivion, but regardless, I hope he is finally at peace.

Peace & Love
Ed

Here's some of the replies...

I cant find anything anywhere to back this up - I hope & pray its not true.....

something is off on this,, the headline says he's 62, the article says he's 59, and at the end it has something about the Roth Army. If it's a prank then someone has very very poor taste.

if you click on that other link on the story then you can read comments by some morons going back and forth about how if this gets picked up on it could seen as a "real" story.
losers.

Really? Seriously? Right.

Its posted by "Eddie" on a DLR forum and you have to ask if its real? laugh.gif

Roth fans are sometimes not so mature.. I think they feel the need to lash out because Roth never delivered outside of the studio and Sammy blew him away on the Roth/Hagar tour.

Hi Bones - in the cold light of day I see what you mean, this side of the pond info is very limited .. have to rely on the Redheads Stateside for the true facts. No my shock has turned to anger some b*****d needs sorting out, can the mods trace this back to an IPL address? Irrespective of any love lost I bet the real EVH wouldnt be too chuffed. Its illegal over here to do this kind of thing, the police take a very dim view.

Jeanette

post Today, 11:23 AM
Post #7

Blue Jean Juliette

THIS IS A SICK HOAX!!!!!!!!!!

#1.) No such article exists on CNN

#2.) Using MetaCrawler and Google search engines, so such story exists.

#3.) I listen to KTVU Channel 2 news out of San Francisco EVERY MORNING and if this was true, they would have been ALL OVER IT. Nothing has been mentioned.

And #4.) By far the most compelling reason to NOT BELIEVE THIS is that it was posted by someone in the DLR ARMY. They HATE Sammy and wish this on him already so they are just playing awful games with us here (who they like to call 'sheep') I have spyed on them more than once and it's scary that such evil people exist and hate Sammy so badly.

If I were in Sammy's "Camp" I would be actively pursuing this as a criminal offense and have the DLR sites watched by the authorities. There are a lot of crazy people out there and many of them are posters at that site. If I were Sammy I would be be shoring up my defenses and keeping my eyes wide open for sick f*cks like these. I always worry they may be at a concert and want to do him harm. I have even read stories that some of them plotted to do him harm at shows but they chickened out (or got to drunk to do it), Thank God.

Someone here needs to get a hold of the admins of Redrocker.com. and this board ASAP. The DLR children are playing their stupid games again and need to be put on" time-out".

Neil, please delete this horrible post. It's making a lot of us very ill today.

Karma will find these sad small people who do this crap and they will be very sorry when it does.

Redheads RULE...

~JA~

Edward Van Halen
Rating: 0
post Today, 11:29 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 11,135

So far no confirmation. I believe it may simply be a rumor.
As for the Dave putdowns, I think they're uncalled for.
While Sam suited the Pop music we were making at the time, it is basically forgettable material.
As the humiliating 2004 tour proved. Venues were at 1/3 capacity of tickets sold.
Sam's appearance was somewhat embarrassing to say the least. To show up for a tour 50 lbs, overweight,
drunk on tequila and huffing and puffing between lines in the songs was/is unacceptable. It was obvious
he was only doing it for the payday we received.

Hiring Dave was the best thing that could've happened to Van Halen.
Dave set a standard to which Sam could never match or live up to, sadly. Sam had to sadly live his time in the monumental shadow of Dave. We've done a lot of growing up and my sobriety has made me realize that I had the right singer the first time around.Our last tour proved just that.

Dave fronting Van Halen is the only Van Halen the fans want (ourselves included).
As my friend Ray Davies once said, "give the people what they want!"
The music we made together never went out of style. They are classics and it took a number of years to realize this thanks to my son showing me the way.

We are currently in the studio recording what I'm sure will be our finest album since 1984.
Dave's voice has never been better, Wolf and Al are grooving like never before. And my hand has fully recovered from
my surgery and seems twice as strong as it was before. The material we've come up with is mindblowing.

All the best to Sam. I hope he's doing well. It's all water under the bridge.

Take care!

Peace and Love
Ed

Hi NeilO,

If something serious was to happen it would be more than a random post. Some people dont have anything better to do.

Great to have you here Neil. Take care!

Dave put downs, I dont see a one. I stated fact unlike some. I know your having fun and its all good. This place is a ghost town anyways so go for it!! Post away! And by the way Eddie, you played like $hit on the last tour. Really, really bad.

YouTube - mean street break awfull (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_3tk8EB6ZY)

Just plain unprofessional Eddie...

I was bloody pissed off last night too. I immediately googled sammys death with a lump in my throat and GOT NOTHING!!! if anything had happened to sammy, it would spread like wild fire. The latest in sammy land is that he confirmed a gig on tuesday, so hes alive and well. whoever thinks up this shit, has no life and spends all day on the internet with nothing else to do. Leave sammy alone.

HERE'S A NEW NEWS FLASH. I HEARD THE REASON WHY VAL LEFT WAS THAT EDDIE COULD NO LONGER GET A HARD ON FROM HIS DRINKING....... laugh.gif

I GUESS YOU COULD ALWAYS BLAME THAT ON SAMMY TOO...... rolleyes.gif

HAHAHA! EDDIE IS STILL DELUSIONAL! MAYBE HE NEEDS TO TALK TO HIS SPONSER! KEEP COMING BACK!!!

I THINK IT WAS GOOD RIDDANCE FOR BOTH SAM AND MIKE. CHICKENFOOT IS ROCKING AND VAN HALEN IS FOR QUEERS!!!

WELL IF THIS IS EDDIE YOU COULD ALWAYS MAKE LOVE TO YOUR BOTTLE...... blink.gif

IF YOU USE A CABO BOTTLE THEN YOU COULD BLAME THAT ON SAMMY TOO laugh.gif

We all know this is BOGUS...what I don't understand is why anyone is giving this looser attention. This thread needs to be deleted.

Who knew, Eddie Van Halen knows how to work a cuntputer!?
What a sad bunch of sheep, pathetic....

VanHalener
03-17-2010, 10:16 PM
One phone call and all the bullshit is over.

Don't give me any excuses mutherphucker!!! Make the call, Mr Victim.

You fucking KNOW

Van Halen is

DLR
AVH
EVH
MIA

Hardrock69
03-17-2010, 10:18 PM

MAX
03-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Fucking brilliant shit right here I say!!!

The only drawback is what The Showstoppa stated a cupla miles back... It's just unfortunate that this story's not a true one. :( :mad:

Welcome home Roftard Rikki. :hitch:

MAX
03-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Finally the legend returns... and delivers!!

Yup and make that TWO along with 7884!!!

Fuckin' A it's epic having the kids back home both safe and sound. :)

bueno bob
03-18-2010, 12:37 AM
I'll say this...

Now that's what I'm talking about right here.

Diamondjimi
03-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Now looks like "Edward" done got hisself BANNED! :hee:
:stirthepot:

;)

:donkey:

hideyoursheep
03-18-2010, 06:45 AM
Hagar fans....

Parasites...

Scum...

Soft cunt nincompoops that dress funny and make strange signals to each other with their hands.

:019:

ZahZoo
03-18-2010, 08:03 AM
If I were in Sammy's "Camp" I would be actively pursuing this as a criminal offense and have the DLR sites watched by the authorities. There are a lot of crazy people out there and many of them are posters at that site. If I were Sammy I would be be shoring up my defenses and keeping my eyes wide open for sick f*cks like these. I always worry they may be at a concert and want to do him harm. I have even read stories that some of them plotted to do him harm at shows but they chickened out (or got to drunk to do it), Thank God.

Someone here needs to get a hold of the admins of Redrocker.com. and this board ASAP. The DLR children are playing their stupid games again and need to be put on" time-out".

This is biblical... lol

I nominate RIKK for a Rothy - Comeback of the Decade award!!

Rikk
03-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Bunch of fucking sheep.

You put something in writing, make it even reasonably convincing...and people will believe it. It goes with a human phenomenon that even if they think they don't want it to be true, they like the DRAMA of it being true. It's exciting to read something you didn't expect...even if you don't like it.

The real people to lose out here are the Roth fans. They both like the excitement and want it to be true. Maybe if we all close our eyes and concentrate real hard... :)

Rock on, my Army brethren.

VanHalener
03-18-2010, 09:36 AM
I close my eyes and concentrate real hard and all I can see is pairs of small, medium, and large breasts.

tojoro
03-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Whoever posted as Ed on that site hit the nail on the head: CVH has never gone out of style, and half of the six-pack is over three decades old!
I listened to the Hagar throughout the 80's, most of us did, but for me, it lost it's appeal quickly. It was too safe, too formulated.The danger was gone...they lost their edge. In a way, they left Mean Street for the safety of manicured suburbia.
Most of all, A Dave-less VH was no fuckin' fun.
Dave-era VH ages better due to the fact that he was a far better lyricist.
If I want to listen to Van Hagar, I'll smack myself and listen to Journey instead. Same difference, really.

thome
03-18-2010, 11:06 AM
This was in bad taste, and I will tell you why.

After reading the initial thread post, I was only concerned for myself.

I was affraid for all the Hagarites that would be wandering aimlessly without purpose.

Without the Sam to coral these hapless freeks I figured they would all change thier tattoo's from Red Rocker to "In memory of Red Rocker", and then they would start suicide bombing random Roth fans. So they could join Spatula in 70 clown virgins heaven.

( i think it's the really big shoes that turn them on)

Long live the Haggismiester we are all safer.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-18-2010, 11:11 AM
This was in bad taste, and I will tell you why.

After reading the initial thread post, I was only concerned for myself.

I was affraid for all the Hagarites that would be wandering aimlessly without purpose.

Without the Sam to coral these hapless freeks I figured they would all change thier tattoo's from Red Rocker to "In memory of Red Rocker", and then they would start suicide bombing random Roth fans. So they could join Spatula in 70 clown virgins heaven.

( i think it's the really big shoes that turn them on)

Long live the Haggismiester we are all safer.

it's a shame none of them like the line up the back of the stocking:hitch:

thome
03-18-2010, 11:16 AM
:hitch::rockon::jammin:

UK ROCKER
03-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah, but at least he can say he had nothing to do with the Van Halen III abortion...

In a way Dave could be held part responsible for the VH3 thing.

I mean if he had towed the line at tha VMA awards thing then he would be have been able to have sung on that record.

But would that have make the record a killer record?

jhale667
03-18-2010, 01:04 PM

I mean if he had towed the line at tha VMA awards thing then he would be have been able to have sung on that record.

Yeah, nice line of reasoning..."If Dave just hadn't been DAVE at the VMAs..." :rolleyes:

Perhaps the other parties involved should have acted LESS like hyper-sensitive ninnies. Beck didn't mind, and he was the one getting the award, FFS!

sonrisa salvaje
03-18-2010, 01:10 PM

Actually, it would have made it a killer record because 3/4 of the stuff on VHIII wouldn't have made it onto the record. The good ideas that did make it would have had the Roth treatment, lyrically and feeling wise. Blaming Roth for VHIII is like blaming the new Kiss album on Ace Frehley.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-18-2010, 01:12 PM

so wtf? i accept your "friendship request" after a few days and now you have been sammy lovin' and dave bashin' ever since.

Diamondjimi
03-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Whoever posted as Ed on that site hit the nail on the head...

Hey, I tried..:hee:

chefcraig
03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
if you click on that other link on the story then you can read comments by some morons going back and forth about how if this gets picked up on it could seen as a "real" story.
losers.

Hmmm...I offer a reasoned explanation about how Rikk's writing could have been picked up as a believable national news story, give a historical reference why this could be so, and a couple of folks here commented about it. Now a piece of Samsonite is upset enough about the possibility of such a thing happening that he refers to us as morons and losers.

Folks, that really made my day. By merely using some simple logic and practical thinking, we succeeded in making a Hamster fan uncomfortable enough as to abandon the use of either. I'm so proud that my chest is swelling and I'm nearly overwhelmed. Then again, we had Chinese delivered for lunch, so who knows?

Once again, this calls for...

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7568/craigmadethis.jpg (http://img638.imageshack.us/i/craigmadethis.jpg/)

Diamondjimi
03-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Once again, this calls for...

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7568/craigmadethis.jpg (http://img638.imageshack.us/i/craigmadethis.jpg/)

One of the all time classics there Chef!

I thought about using it as an avatar over there, but I would've been banned in an hour instead of 24...:biggrin:

FORD
03-18-2010, 02:10 PM

Towed the line, my ass!

Dave was being fucking DAVE at the MTV Awards, and he got a standing fucking ovation for it. Everybody in that crowd loved him, and loved Van HALEN being back together, and considering an MTV crowd in 1996 included grunge/hip-hop/boyband/Titney Spears types and Christ knows what else, that's pretty much widespread support. Beck, whose moment was supposedly "ruined" by Dave's antics (according to Eddie in all the 96/97 interviews) didn't mind at all. He was on stage with Van Fucking HALEN. What is there to complain about, and he pretty much said so himself, when asked.

There were two people who fucked up the 1996 reunion: 1) Ray Danniels 2) Edward Van Halen. I was able to forgive Eddie when he put the band back together. I'll never forgive Danniels.

Terry
03-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Actually, I'm kind of hoping Hagar doesn't kick the bucket anytime soon, mostly because when he does go it will be followed by a barrage of press articles blathering about how great he was...although the pop culture media cycle moves so quickly these days that coverage on his death will come and go in a few days (perhaps not even that much if another more important celebrity musician like, say, Joey Lawrence, dies around the same time he does).

The worst lingering after effect would be the predictable dozens-upon-dozens of flaming Tubby Red Cheese Internet Waborita Linkers descending upon this site en masse, demanding we show Hagar the respect they feel he deserves: "He's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! He's a dead legend!! Show Sammy props!!"

Ugh. A sad fucking day THAT will be!

Terry
03-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Towed the line, my ass!

Dave was being fucking DAVE at the MTV Awards, and he got a standing fucking ovation for it. Everybody in that crowd loved him, and loved Van HALEN being back together, and considering an MTV crowd in 1996 included grunge/hip-hop/boyband/Titney Spears types and Christ knows what else, that's pretty much widespread support. Beck, whose moment was supposedly "ruined" by Dave's antics (according to Eddie in all the 96/97 interviews) didn't mind at all. He was on stage with Van Fucking HALEN. What is there to complain about, and he pretty much said so himself, when asked.

There were two people who fucked up the 1996 reunion: 1) Ray Danniels 2) Edward Van Halen. I was able to forgive Eddie when he put the band back together. I'll never forgive Danniels.

While I don't 'know' this, it isn't too far of a leap to suspect that the choice not to go on tour with Roth or record a full-length album with him in 1996/1997 was made by the Van Halens before the 1996 MTV VMAs. Despite Roth saying if he was guilty of anything he was guilty of denial ("two songs was all I knew for sure") and EVH claiming the Van Halens had never alluded towards him being back in the band beyond the two BOV1 tracks, I find it hard to believe that the POSSIBILITY of touring and recording more material with Dave wasn't at least DISCUSSED between Roth and the Van Halens at some point prior to the VMA appearance.

Once that choice was made by the Van Halens and Ray Danniels, the BOV1 album had as yet to be released, nor were any promo videos shot. I frankly think the Van Halens/Danniels just strung Roth along at that point and let him delude himself for another few weeks. The VMAs were just part of that stringing-along process. Once the Van Halens fully realized the snowball effect of the fan desire to see a CVH reunion, they were looking for the first public excuse they could find for dumping him, because Roth wanted back into the fold and the fans wanted to see it happen. To allow those things to happen would have deprived EVH of control over ALL aspects of the band, a degree of control he never really had back in the glory days of CVH.

I mean, outside of the Van Halens, nobody gave two shits about Roth's antics onstage behind Beck. Even Beck himself wasn't bothered by it. The Van Halens had a story to peddle ("Roth's still an asshole") and were intent on trying to sell it. It was the same story they tried to sell in 1985/1986. Back then, the story worked to a degree, so they just attempted to run an old pattern out of their playbook. The difference was that the vast majority of fans in 1996 didn't CARE if the Van Halens liked Dave or not. I dunno if the Van Halens at that point felt that it would be an easy sell because Roth's public profile in the last 4 or so years leading up to 1996 had diminished substantially, or they just didn't understand how much CVH meant to people, but it was a major miscalculation and the Van Halens deserved all the repercussions that decision hurled their way: their next record bombed, their next lead singer left soon after and their record label dropped them.

That fallout combined with a lot of personal setbacks sent them hunkering for the 5150 bunker, and even after all that happened it STILL took them ten MORE years (and an abysmal tour with Hagar) to finally get serious about Roth (after several attempts between 2000-2003 to reconcile with Dave), and even THAT had probably more to do with Wolfie instigating the thing...I mean, considering where Eddie Van Halen was by 2005 and 2006, he looked like a meth-head drunk with one foot in the grave.

The Van Halens went with Roth in late 2006 because they had fucked up all their other options at that point, so I dunno how much credit I give them for finally coming to the decision everybody else on the planet knew should have been made ten years prior.

Whatever. If Van Halen MK4 ends up getting the vaults released, I'll take it anyway I can get it far as CVH material is concerned.

thome
03-18-2010, 03:58 PM

DUDE!!!

Ed was too high back then to tour or do much more than stand up for 7 minutes in a row.

He started going paranoid ballistic on Roth out of fear as a cop-out, smoke screen to get away from looking like a drug addled douche nozzle in front of the fans and the media.

He used Dave as a tool.

I believe what I believe and have done similar things myself.

Accceptence is the first step in The Bill W.

Then the forgivness, that was realized by most of the civilized world many years ago.

I am not putting words in MF'ers mouths I am dropping names to explain what I believe happened.

Check out the dudes who do business now that at one time were ready to kill each other, thru mutual acceptence and forgiveness and admission of letting the thorn in your side stop festering, we can become stronger as individuals together.

Don't make me quote prose bitches you wouldn't like me quoting prose.

MUTHA ON ROTHS!!!

Rikk
03-18-2010, 04:32 PM

This comment right here proves that you're just trying to get Dave fans upset. Anyone with half a brain knows the brothers were just angry that they were suddenly going to have to compete with Dave for attention and star-status. That's why the VMA's freaked them out and they got Gary in.

You're trying to get Dave fans upset. Your very existence reeks of idiocy.

Rikk
03-18-2010, 04:35 PM
The worst lingering after effect would be the predictable dozens-upon-dozens of flaming Tubby Red Cheese Internet Waborita Linkers descending upon this site en masse, demanding we show Hagar the respect they feel he deserves: "He's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! He's a dead legend!! Show Sammy props!!"

Ugh. A sad fucking day THAT will be!

Actually, that would be fucking awesome. I'd laugh in their faces and say... "George Harrison dying? That was tragedy. Layne Staley dying? That was tragedy. Sammy Hagar? He did us a fucking favor." Then I would add, "Dream another dream...this dream is over!" :tongue0011:

binnie
03-18-2010, 04:39 PM
If Sam died (and I'm not wishing death on him) there would be VERY little media coverage, at least music media.

Shit, no-one's ever waxed lyrical about the merits of 'Three Lock Box'..........

Rikk
03-18-2010, 04:53 PM
ALEX CHILTON died yesterday. He was the leader of a great overlooked rock band from the early 1970s, BIG STAR. I've seen very little mention of it. That was a 1,000 times bigger tragedy than anything happening to cheddar-head.

Bill Lumbergh
03-18-2010, 04:59 PM
ALEX CHILTON died yesterday. He was the leader of a great overlooked rock band from the early 1970s, BIG STAR. I've seen very little mention of it. That was a 1,000 times bigger tragedy than anything happening to cheddar-head.

SHUT UP! Even the THOUGHT of the man who wrote the lyrics to so many well loved classic pussy ballads and limp dicked "rockers" is HORRIFYING! I'm gonna go drown my sorrows with a nice chocolate milk now! :pullinghair:

binnie
03-18-2010, 05:15 PM

I feel ya.

Check Lounge's thread on Alex. I believe that there is also an article on Classic Rock's webiste.

UK ROCKER
03-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Firstly remember i'm a big Dave fan that is why i am here remember.
Secondly, All i'm saying is anything and everything is up for debate.
Just don't get so angry guy's,
It's only chit chat, right?

Rikk
03-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Firstly remember i'm a big Dave fan that is why i am here remember.
Secondly, All i'm saying is anything and everything is up for debate.
Just don't get so angry guy's,

You done seeking attention and contradicting yourself?

Of course it's "chit-chat". Sit down. Have a tea. Let's talk some more.

By the way, Sammy sucks and Dave is the man! :D

VanHalener
03-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Sammy Hagar sucks so much he caused the vacuum in space.

&

The Dyson vacum is modeled after the sucking power of Sammy Hagar.

bueno bob
03-18-2010, 09:48 PM

Just remember that when you get a biker gang on your ass.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Sammy Hagar sucks so much he caused the vacuum in space.

&

The Dyson vacum is modeled after the sucking power of Sammy Hagar.

the mississippi flows south 'cause he sucks so much....:umm:

VanHalener
03-18-2010, 10:39 PM
All Sammy Hagar music should come with a warning label:

WARNING: Contents suck, and have been found to cause anal cancer in sheep.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Sammy Hagar should come with a warning label:

WARNING: Contents suck, and have been found to cause anal cancer in sheep.

i couldn't agree more:shagsheep::fuhagar:

VanHalener
03-18-2010, 10:48 PM
I meant to write "Sammy Hagar's music should come with a warning label", but it turned out right anyway. :)

PETE'S BROTHER
03-18-2010, 10:49 PM
I meant to write "Sammy Hagar's music should come with a warning label", but it turned out right anyway. :)

no, no. you did. i just heard it wrong:hee:

VanHalener
03-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Gotcha, gotcha, ok. The suckness was getting to me there.

You know why Hagar has never been close to a tornado? Because even tornados fear being pulled in and destroyed by Spam's all powerful suckness.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-18-2010, 11:05 PM
he's gone from suck to blow!!!

Unchainme
03-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Towed the line, my ass!

YouTube - Van Halen MTV Reunion 1996 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmy5RG3wXt4)

Pretty much this.

You see a pretty diverse group giving them a standing o. in this vid. I mean, you see Chris Freaking Rock, a guy that busts on white guys all the time, just with this shocked and very happy look on his face, that speaks volumes

Another thing is, you look at all the groups out there who can claim they liked Van Halen or claim them as an influence.

I mean, yeah, you can instantly point to someone like a Poison or Motley Crue, but then at the same time, look at Pantera and Dimebag Darell, or hell, a ton of the 90's alternative bands out there, even pop-punk groups like Green Day have said as much.

YouTube - Green Day - Behind The Music (Part 1) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO2BBg5DqPc)

@ 5:16.

Hell, even punk guys with street cred. like Henry Rollins loved CVH and diamond dave, and I think even Chuck D. from PUBLIC ENEMY admitted loving them. This is a guy that said in his hit song "Elvis was a hero to most
But he never meant shit to me you see as he was a racist simple and plain"

I've never, ever, ever, hear someone come out of the blue and say "Yes I was influenced by Sammy Hagar" or "My god, FUCK changed my life they first time I heard it." Never, oh, sure, you can claim EVH said that Montrose was an influence, but that was probably the last even half-decent thing hagar has ever done.

sonrisa salvaje
03-19-2010, 01:57 PM
the mississippi flows south 'cause he sucks so much....:umm:

I thought it was the gravitational pull from his belly.

Nickdfresh
03-19-2010, 11:29 PM

What laughable troll bullshit. I know you're a banned Katy asshole alias, but please. "Towed the line?" What does that mean? I don't hold Dave as blameless; but only an infantile fuckwit would think of Dave as in anyway guilty in that whole fuck of cluster bombast designed (cynically) by the Sisters to sell their Greatest Hits toss-off while giving Mitch Malloy blue-balls and Gary Cherone a massively undeserved happy-ending...

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
03-31-2010, 01:24 AM
rip sammy.

very sad news.

Hardrock69
03-31-2010, 02:07 AM
You were sad fucking news from the very second your loser father ass-raped your bitch mother and impregnated a piece of shit in her bunghole!

Diamondjimi
03-31-2010, 02:15 AM

ace diamond
03-31-2010, 03:16 PM
how i wish what sammy hagar was dead, i'll get my wish soon enough.
unfortunately, i know it is not yet so.
my idiot airheaded sheep loving cousin sarah and her hubby just went and saw him play at san manuel a few nights ago.

Unchainme
03-31-2010, 03:19 PM
how i wish what sammy hagar was dead, i'll get my wish soon enough.
unfortunately, i know it is not yet so.
my idiot airheaded sheep loving cousin sarah and her hubby just went and saw him play at san manuel a few nights ago.

YouTube - ACE DIAMOND EXPERIENCE PART 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSKYwbjtocA)

I can't stop laughing.

ace diamond
03-31-2010, 03:24 PM
YouTube - ACE DIAMOND EXPERIENCE PART 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSKYwbjtocA)

I can't stop laughing.

hey, watching my video is better than having to endure hearing or seeing spammy gayger anyday.
i know, i know.........that' ain't sayin very much..........:biggrin:

ace diamond
03-31-2010, 03:24 PM

I can't stop laughing.
laughter is good, strong medicine.
hope you are felling better now.

LoungeMachine
03-31-2010, 03:57 PM
hey, watching my video is better than having to endure hearing or seeing spammy gayger anyday.

Actually, that's not true.

You actually have made the case for something actually being worse than Sammy Hagar.

well done.