PDA

View Full Version : SPIN magazine is now on Google Books...

twonabomber
03-17-2010, 01:12 AM
and here's a Dave issue.

SPIN - Google Books (http://books.google.com/books?id=xdLsQBjl0-IC&printsec=frontcover&lr=&rview=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false)

Hardrock69
03-17-2010, 01:22 AM
Dude that is a killer issue aside from Dave as well. Note the stupid TDK Cassette ad about 3 pages in. :D

Nitro Express
03-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Dude that is a killer issue aside from Dave as well. Note the stupid TDK Cassette ad about 3 pages in. :D

Wine coolers, cassette tapes (I was a Maxell guy not TDK), and Ocean Pacific (I wore their shirts and shorts) all take me back to the day. I would love to go back to those days. I would glady trade our more advanced technology to go back to the fun instead of the fucked up situation we have now.

VAiN
03-17-2010, 02:09 AM
What an awesome read! Thanks for finding that!

jero
03-17-2010, 04:46 AM
That was really good. Thanks.

twonabomber
03-17-2010, 09:10 AM
i was a TDK user. probably threw out 100 of those a year or so ago...

i think it's cool that they leave in the ads.

Dude that is a killer issue aside from Dave as well.

SPIN was good when they first started, a million times better than Rolling Stone. now...there ain't much difference.

Mr Walker
03-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks... great way to kill some time.

chefcraig
03-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Holy crap! D. Boon had just died, articles on Patti LaBelle when she was a scary as Lizzy Borden, the Residents, on tour with Black Flag, a perfectly brain-damaged article by Richard Meltzer in his prime, cigarette ads, promo spots for Dwight Yokam's Guitars, Cadillacs and Hillbilly Music, The Hooters, The Bangles, Bryan Setzer and Costello's King of America, album reviews of PIL and what was left of Black Sabbath, an article about Beatles leftovers that would show up a decade later on the Anthology series, plus an extended feature on David Lee Roth! :notworthy:

I can't thank you enough for this discovery, twona. Outstanding, and well done. :appl:

UK ROCKER
03-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Great read, thanks