PDA

View Full Version : Bret Baier owns Barack Obama, Part 1

BigBadBrian
03-18-2010, 08:09 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJT6XNChso0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJT6XNChso0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

sadaist
03-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Bret was dead on when he told Obama he was filibustering with his non-answers. Guy just can not answer a question. Just goes on and on with his multiple talking points hoping you forget what the original question was by the time he finishes. Old avoidance tactic, but it's so dang obvious when Obama uses it.

Like when Bret pointed to 18,000 emails, and read two asking Obama about all the special deals to buy votes. Obamas answer? He retorted about 40,000 letters a day he receives about people losing their houses due to health care costs. Doesn't answer the question of the dirty back room deals. Just dodges it.

ELVIS
03-18-2010, 09:24 AM
LMAO!

:biggrin:

ELVIS
03-18-2010, 09:30 AM
It's silly how Obama repeats that this "bill" will reduce the deficit...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-18-2010, 09:54 AM
CBO just confirmed it as well....

Source: CBO estimates health care bill at $940 billion – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs (http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/18/source-cbo-estimates-health-care-bill-at-940-billion/)

Source: CBO estimates health care bill at $940 billion

The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that the Democrats' revised health care bill will cost $940 billion over the next 10 years, a House Democratic source told CNN Thursday.

The bill cuts the deficit by $130 billion during that period of time, according to the source. It would reduce the deficit by another $1.2 trillion in the following decade, the source said.

The measure extends health insurance coverage to 32 million Americans, helping to guarantee that 95 percent of Americans will be covered, the source said. It also reduces Medicare expenditures by 1.4 percent annually while extending Medicare's solvency by at least 9 years, the source added.

POJO_Risin
03-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Does anyone really care about the fucking bill?

Seriously.

Most folks haven't taken time to peruse any of it, they just fucking care that it's either with their party, or against it.

Our political system has become a joke, where spin has become bigger than the issues, and this bill has become spin.

Here's a thought. Turn off Fox...turn off MSNBC for a month. Pick up the bill, read it...

THEN GET YOUR OWN FUCKING OPINION...

This country has turned into a bunch of sheep, following mostly idiots that are elected based entirely on the amount of money they can steal from the pockets of all the people that are spinning...

Fuck it...

bueno bob
03-18-2010, 10:35 AM

Seriously.

Most folks haven't taken time to peruse any of it, they just fucking care that it's either with their party, or against it.

Our political system has become a joke, where spin has become bigger than the issues, and this bill has become spin.

Here's a thought. Turn off Fox...turn off MSNBC for a month. Pick up the bill, read it...

This country has turned into a bunch of sheep, following mostly idiots that are elected based entirely on the amount of money they can steal from the pockets of all the people that are spinning...

Fuck it...

All truth. I'm with this guy.

jhale667
03-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Funny, that didn't seem like much of an "owning", Brie...kinda wishful thinking on your part...?

sadaist
03-18-2010, 11:05 AM

Which is precisely why we elect officials to review it for us and vote one way or the other based on their constituents needs. The problem is they are not voting based on their constituents interests. This is why we see back room deals surfacing where individual votes have been purchased. Why are these votes being purchased? If the bill had merits, this would be unnecessary.

Unchainme
03-18-2010, 11:20 AM

Seriously.

Fuck it...

Pojo for president.

BigBadBrian
03-18-2010, 12:04 PM
All truth. I'm with this guy.

You're a suck-up. :)

BigBadBrian
03-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Funny, that didn't seem like much of an "owning", Brie...kinda wishful thinking on your part...?

Then again, you never did have an open mind on anything political, did you?

:biggrin:

BigBadBrian
03-18-2010, 12:15 PM

Seriously.

Fuck it...

I know that cutting $500 BILLION out of Medicare is a recipe for fiscal disaster seeing how Medicare can't even break even as it is now. That plus add 30 million people to this boondoggle without increasing taxes? And Obama says Medicare will improve? What a snakeoil salesman. Will they make doctors and insurers take a lesser fee from Medicare? Less and less physicians will accept Medicare. Listen to Elvis.

Oh yeah VB: those CBO estimates are preliminary and don't include the costs of all the amendments in the Reconciliation Package....you know...the one that is supposed to fix the current Senate Bill and by which the vote on the reconciliation package will "deem" the Senate Bill into law.

The Reconciliation Bill isn't even complete yet. Who knows what the Republicans will add to it to drive the price up.

Guitar Shark
03-18-2010, 12:17 PM

Seriously.

Fuck it...

The bill is probably thousands of pages long.

If I'm going to read anything that lengthy, it better have pictures in it. Of naked women.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Oh yeah VB: those CBO estimates are preliminary and don't include the costs of all the amendments in the Reconciliation Package....you know...the one that is supposed to fix the current Senate Bill and by which the vote on the reconciliation package will "deem" the Senate Bill into law.

You would agree though that the CBO is non-partisan though, right ?

FORD
03-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Alfred E. Baier is the typical FAUX flunkie. He was given his orders.... whenever you interview a Democrat, be sure to cut them off as much as possible. Doesn't matter who it is, even the President of the United States, or Jesus Christ Himself. (Not that Jesus would go on FAUX Noise, unless He was there to trash the place like he did the Jerusalem Temple)

jhale667
03-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Alfred E. Baier is the typical FAUX flunkie. He was given his orders.... whenever you interview a Democrat, be sure to cut them off as much as possible. Doesn't matter who it is, even the President of the United States, or Jesus Christ Himself. (Not that Jesus would go on FAUX Noise, unless He was there to trash the place like he did the Jerusalem Temple)

From this asshole to that Joe Wilson fuck...
The lack of respect shown to the POTUS is unprecedented. And we all know why. :mad:
Chimpy dragged the country into two unnecessary wars, bullshitted the world on WMDs, and yet the FAUX talking heads wouldn't have DARED interrupt him.

FORD
03-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I know that cutting $500 BILLION out of Medicare is a recipe for fiscal disaster seeing how Medicare can't even break even as it is now. That plus add 30 million people to this boondoggle without increasing taxes? And Obama says Medicare will improve? What a snakeoil salesman. Will they make doctors and insurers take a lesser fee from Medicare? Less and less physicians will accept Medicare. Listen to Elvis.

Listen to Elvis?

He's a nurse who admittedly doesn't have health care!!

I don't think that a hospital who won't even cover their own goddamn employees should really be taken as an example of anything.

ELVIS
03-18-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm still right on this...;)

bueno bob
03-18-2010, 02:11 PM
You're a suck-up. :)

Shall we discuss the types of things you suck?

sadaist
03-18-2010, 02:58 PM
The lack of respect shown to the POTUS is unprecedented. And we all know why. :mad:

Aw hell. Here comes the racism card again. Everyone duck.

NOT IT!

bueno bob
03-18-2010, 03:17 PM

NOT IT!

Oh seriously, come on...

jhale667
03-18-2010, 06:11 PM

NOT IT!

Cue SRV's "Wall of Denial"... :rolleyes:

Keep telling yourself that's not it.

BigBadBrian
03-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Shall we discuss the types of things you suck?

You were referring to your old lady's saggy tits, right? ;)

BigBadBrian
03-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Keep telling yourself that's not it.

No, we're telling YOU thats not it.

I sympathize with you though. I know it's a damn handy reason/excuse of why you don't have to think up anything innovative.

FORD
03-18-2010, 07:33 PM

NOT IT!

Well, it's not entirely racism. FAUX hates White Democrats too. I don't know if Brett E. Neuman is racist. Shep Smith probably isn't. Glen BecKKK most definitely IS, and so is Hannity in all probability.

And as for Bill O'Reilly..... do the words "Bring me more ice tea, motherfucker" ring a bell? ;)

Unchainme
03-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Only a few people on Fox are worth watching.

Greg Gutfield is pretty good, his show is more of a casual sort of thing, and the Mike Huckabee show is quite good as well.

I've tried watching MSNBC, don't seem to like Olbermann all that much, he comes off as quite smug, and normally doesn't seem to have very much of the opposition on, which is a bit of a turn off. Also, for someone who's been critical of Limbaugh/O'Reilly, he has an awful lot of skeletons in his closet.

Maddow auctually came off as quite more likeable oddly enough, not a fan of her politics, but prefer her over olbermann.

bueno bob
03-18-2010, 08:09 PM
You were referring to your old lady's saggy tits, right? ;)

I was technically referring to your boyfriend's unmentionables. As far as my old lady is concerned, once you can actually OBTAIN a lady through either cash or interest in the female gender, we'll speak about it further.

jhale667
03-18-2010, 08:29 PM
No, we're telling YOU thats not it.

No, you're trying to convince YOURSELF it's not. Keep trying offline. But FORD is correct in that's not entirely it...

I sympathize with you though. I know it's a damn handy reason/excuse of why you don't have to think up anything innovative.

I'll send you a diagram of what you can do with your sympathy. And you wouldn't know "innovative" if it bit you on your ass...:fufu:

Seshmeister
03-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Just to get some of these numbers in proportion the cost of the pointless/illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are currently 972 Billion.

So even a bill with a bunch of bribes for all the corrupt politicians ends up costing less over 10 years and instead of killing 100s of thousands will save a lot of American lives.

Nickdfresh
03-18-2010, 09:02 PM

Seriously.

Fuck it...

Excellent take. Someone should Mod you for this forum...

Kristy
03-18-2010, 10:35 PM

I am so going to steal that from you.

sadaist
03-19-2010, 05:56 AM
This country has turned into a bunch of sheep, following ....

As has this forum.

LOL. Pojo, you just pulled 'em all out. Your post wasn't anything entirely groundbreaking in that most have said similar in various forms in many other posts. You were just the first to get everyone to fall over drooling and drop the "thanks" button.

I know it's out of mad respect. Just find it kind of funny that it happened on a post with that particular content.

Maybe you just caught everyone off-guard by posting in the Front Line. Sometimes it's like you forget it's even here. Or maybe it's because you could basically Youtube yourself lighting a fart and half the posters here would favorite it & show it at their weddings.

Nickdfresh
03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
I believe Poj' often posted in the Front Line at one point.

ELVIS
03-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Maybe to pad his post count...that's about it...

sadaist
03-19-2010, 11:56 AM

Yeah. He's all sports pretty much now. Politics can and will drive you insane if you don't take breaks periodically. I wish we had more regulars in this particular forum though.

BigBadBrian
03-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah. He's all sports pretty much now. Politics can and will drive you insane if you don't take breaks periodically. I wish we had more regulars in this particular forum though.

I could give you a bodycount, from both sides of the aisle, but it's quite high.

POJO_Risin
03-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Which is precisely why we elect officials to review it for us and vote one way or the other based on their constituents needs. The problem is they are not voting based on their constituents interests. This is why we see back room deals surfacing where individual votes have been purchased. Why are these votes being purchased? If the bill had merits, this would be unnecessary.

Seriously...you think most people vote because we think they have our best interests at heart? Do you think these fucks read any of this? Fuck no. If you believe that's what most people do, you are fucking insane.

Now I'm an optimist, believe it or not, but less so with regards to politics. Everyone should be an independent. To stand up and say you are a conservative, therefore a republican, is plain fucking idiotic. I could sit at a table with a guy or gal that backs my thoughts on health care, on abortion, on political finance, gay marriage...whatever. If he walks out without paying his bill, I'm not going to fucking vote for him. If he nods and says, I like it, or don't like it, but has no substance to back it up, I'm not voting for him. It's simple, really.

What it all comes down to now is that people are voting based on a letter next to a name, or how good they talk, or how good they look, or which TV station they watch at night.

The democrats won in 2008 simply because Bush was a moron. The reality of the situation is that the Democrats basically stood up and said nothing and no. Obama, who I actually believe has a bit of substance, rides that wave to a win.

Now the republicans are standing up and saying nothing and no.

Do you know what that gets us? Two sides blaming the fucking other, and nothing getting done.

Here's what I know. I'm currently paying $200 more for medical insurance this year, than last year. My plan got worse. This is no fucking joke. It got fucking worse.

Now this bill actually addresses that. Here's the fucking problem. All the other bullshit (with these fucks worrying about their own constituents) will ultimately burn the taxpayers.

So, my insurance will likely not go up, but I'll end up paying somewhere else.

So we have a fucking plan that addresses part of the need, but hammers the regular taxpayer somewhere else. It's utter bullshit.

The repubs are right.

Their reply?

No.

Let's start over.

No plan, mind you, and before I hear a fucking word about a "plan." You and I both know there isn't. The same way the fucking dems were all up in arms, saying they'd pull out the day they were in power. It's all bullshit.

Let me put it this way. Had the founding fathers worried about their local constituents, and not the big picture, there's likely be an English North, a Spanish West and some French in the middle.

There has to come a time when we worry about America as a whole. There has to come a time when someone says, "It's more than just about me."

I was sitting in McDonalds the other day, and a kid fell down. My son helped him up, then proceeded to get knocked down by some bitch trying to make sure her son was okay. She then stepped on my son's toe. He just looked at me and shook his head.

Great lesson right? She never said thanks, never said a word to my kid, who was worried about her kid.

We're driving home, and he says to me, "Dad, I'm not going to help anyone anymore, I just get hurt."

That says it all, doesn't it.

We're a country that's all gunshy.

The bottom line?

We should all be fucking independent. Make these assholes that just care about themselves and getting elected, earn all our votes.

So sadaist, I don't disagree with you at all...but the problem is that I don't believe it to be true, not for one second.

POJO_Risin
03-19-2010, 01:42 PM

I used to post here a bit, but not since the first six months. No point really.

There's a high likelihood that the conversation would be a bit different if we were all sitting around talking about this shit in a bar, or my backyard...so there's not much point to rolling through it here...

I just wanted to see the interview...I missed it...and heard it was interesting. I'm always interested when a reporter comes off like Baier did, like Dan Rather a few years back. They become the story, not the story. Fun to watch...

right up there with watching Obama pick college basketball games.

thome
03-19-2010, 01:56 PM
It has been clear for over a year this will pass we will all be the recipients of whatever is written in the fukking pages.

There are like 365 payed off representatives passing legislation for 300 million people you bet your damn ass you have no say in it, it is done.

All you homos wanted trillions ( no clue how it isn't up to you) to bail out your friendly car dealer and now you have exactly as much say over this .

Shut the fukkup and deal withit.

From now on every 37 years when you twist your ankle you can have no fear of it costing you 300$ for a ankle brace and some darvocets.

If you or your kids of wife or whoever is injured more often than that maybe you should just get on full SSN dissability and buy some helmets for the lot o' ya on the way home from the jobs you are already fully covered at.

SUKKERS!!

Because Obama and the congress " I CARE ABOUT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE" AAaaaaaaaaaaaaHHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

sadaist
03-19-2010, 01:58 PM
We should all be fucking independent. Make these assholes that just care about themselves and getting elected, earn all our votes.

So sadaist, I don't disagree with you at all...but the problem is that I don't believe it to be true, not for one second.

I'm not ashamed when I tell people I'm a conservative republican. But for the life of me, I couldn't point one out that is currently serving in any political seat. So in a way, every politician is an Independent in that they only are looking out for themselves.

I'm seeing a lot more of the Democrats & liberals on this board standing up and saying these guys with a (D) next to their name do not represent my ideals. I hate when an asshat does horrible, scheming, dishonest shit and because he puts an (R) next to his name, I'm somehow lumped in with him.

FORD
03-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Right now, I'm right back where I was after the embarrassing performance of 2002 where "Democrats" sold out on the "Patriot Act" and the Iraq War vote, resulting in midterm election losses, which traditionally should have been gains, especially with a failure like Chimpy in the White House.

I would have dumped the Democratic party for good, if not for 2 speeches around that time. One of them, ironically enough, was a speech from a state senator in Illinois which correctly characterized the Iraq scam as a DUMB war. The other would follow later in June 2003, when a man opened his speech in California with the words "My name is Howard Dean, and I'm from the Democratic wing of the Democratic party".

Dean was cheated out of the nomination he deserved, but we rebuilt the party under his direction. And Obama won the election using Howard Dean's model, in fundraising, with the party structure Dean built. I recognized it right away, and when it came down to Obama vs Hillary, there was no question. Unfortunately, President Obama turned out a lot more like Candidate Hillary.

At this point, I'm pretty much fucking done. Again. And I don't see another Howard Dean around the corner to pull me back from the edge this time. :(

POJO_Risin
03-19-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm not ashamed when I tell people I'm a conservative republican. But for the life of me, I couldn't point one out that is currently serving in any political seat. So in a way, every politician is an Independent in that they only are looking out for themselves.

I'm seeing a lot more of the Democrats & liberals on this board standing up and saying these guys with a (D) next to their name do not represent my ideals. I hate when an asshat does horrible, scheming, dishonest shit and because he puts an (R) next to his name, I'm somehow lumped in with him.

The problem, sadaist, is the culture has people almost taking pride in it...being an asshat, and supporting them...which is the problem.

We aren't a country of extremes, but we are a country that only seems to pay attention to extremists...

POJO_Risin
03-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Right now, I'm right back where I was after the embarrassing performance of 2002 where "Democrats" sold out on the "Patriot Act" and the Iraq War vote, resulting in midterm election losses, which traditionally should have been gains, especially with a failure like Chimpy in the White House.

I would have dumped the Democratic party for good, if not for 2 speeches around that time. One of them, ironically enough, was a speech from a state senator in Illinois which correctly characterized the Iraq scam as a DUMB war. The other would follow later in June 2003, when a man opened his speech in California with the words "My name is Howard Dean, and I'm from the Democratic wing of the Democratic party".

Dean was cheated out of the nomination he deserved, but we rebuilt the party under his direction. And Obama won the election using Howard Dean's model, in fundraising, with the party structure Dean built. I recognized it right away, and when it came down to Obama vs Hillary, there was no question. Unfortunately, President Obama turned out a lot more like Candidate Hillary.

At this point, I'm pretty much fucking done. Again. And I don't see another Howard Dean around the corner to pull me back from the edge this time. :(

And that's really the point I'm trying to make FORD. There are good people, for both parties, that actually give a shit. Unfortunately, they'll never be given the footing they need because they won't pander to get elected.

ELVIS
03-19-2010, 02:42 PM
There's a high likelihood that the conversation would be a bit different if we were all sitting around talking about this shit in a bar, or my backyard...

I doubt that...:biggrin: