X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Journey on Oprah

Didn't realize this was a rerun until I looked it up on Youtube, but Steve Perry must be feeling particularly unloved these days.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fxTifGCxnKM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fxTifGCxnKM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Oh dear.
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Arnel is a great singer. Much better than Steve Augeri, imo.
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Oprah?

goddamn, woman, go outside or something!
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Dan
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Holy Shit,He's Fucking Good.
        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

As much as I hate the whole "hire the tribute band singer and pretend it's the real band" thing, the guy is good. Even has Perry's SamCookeIsms down to a science.

Definitely better than their first tribute singer Steve the clone, and certainly better than Jeff Sucks Scrotum. Wonder what he would sound like with his own band, not imitating Steve Perry?
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• UK ROCKER
            Banned
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by twonabomber
            Oprah?

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

First, Arnel is a terrific singer. And he seems like a really great guy. I can't express enough how happy I am for the guy that he pulled himself out of a horrible situation and is big time now. Definitely a sad story and a guy that is very easy to root for.

However, I love Journey, and it's just not Journey without Steve Perry to me. I love all those old songs. I'd almost kill to be able to see a reunion tour. I think it could be huge ie...The Police tour.

So basically my thoughts are these.

Wish Arnel all the best.

As for Journey...no Steve Perry, no ticket money from Sadaist.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Perry was way to much of a poser for me. This guy is the real deal. Perry wasn't original anyway !!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

My wife and I knew Arnel when he sang in the clubs outside of the base in the Philippines... Those guys really rocked....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    Oprah?

I have no control over the TV here my dear, and responsibilties inside. I am also forced to watch ET, Dr. Phil, Soaps and 2 solid hours of local news. There are days I'd rather have a bullet put in my head. Having Journey show up was a big treat.

My life is not my own anymore.

Oh dear.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                      I have no control over the TV here my dear, and responsibilties inside. I am also forced to watch ET, Dr. Phil, Soaps and 2 solid hours of local news. There are days I'd rather have a bullet put in my head. Having Journey show up was a big treat.

yes it is, just not in control of your surroundings right now. chin up, lady.
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

2 solid hours of local news
                        that's gotta hurt. can't get away from it, ever!
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Nope.

Oh dear.

Comment

• MAX
                            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Even though I've never been a Journey fan, this guy does sound identical. I guess that's the only way these bands can stay in business? I mean doing the triple bill touring circuit? Recently I saw Foreigner (another band I never liked) on A&E and they had another clone voiced singer. Weird shit.
                            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Shit, I dealt with two deaths this past week and thought I'd about had it? That is until I read what you have to endure.

You must have a soul of steel cos I'd start playing on the railroad tracks every chance I had. :p
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...