PDA

View Full Version : 3-19-1982

tojoro
03-19-2010, 05:05 PM
It's wild to think Randy has been gone 28 years. Easily, the best tribute I've seen on youtube:
YouTube - Randy Rhoads Tribute Video by Des Sherwood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFID93BfU3c)

FORD
03-19-2010, 09:04 PM
The only thing worse than Randy being dead, is the fact that you can no longer buy ANY of his recorded work, in the form it was originally created, thanks to the egos of Kevin DuBrow and Sharon Osbourne. The Quiet Riot albums were never released in the US at all, and the one disc compilation DuBrow put out in the mid 90's had entirely new vocal tracks, and some other severe manipulations on several tracks. And as for the Ozzy albums, well we all know that sickening story.

One day, I hope that all 4 albums get the treatment they deserve, and are released in the way that God & Randy intended.

(I know better than to expect the non-overdubbed version of the "Tribute" live album will ever see the light of day)

tojoro
03-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Cripes! To think I consider myself a Rhoads fan, and I've never quite looked at it that way, Ford!
I can somewhat appreciate what Kevin attempted, as there was no way Dee was going to let those first two QR albums be released outside of Japan, as her son was disappointed in them and embarrased with his guitar sound.
Tere are some diamonds to be found there, but a lot of it is rough...like I've said, the first two QR albums are eclipsed hundredfold by the first two VH albums.
Wrong management, wrong producer, etc.
The first two Ozzy albums are an entirely different story.
In my heart of hearts, I believe both Eddie & Iommi were both thinking: 'Holy Shit'.
The kid just needed a seriously talented rythym section to bring that ferocity out.
What a bummer and a fuckin' shame...
But, fate is a funny motherfucker like that....

tojoro
03-19-2010, 10:11 PM
P.S. (sorry...sixer of Beck's...I'm ramblin'...)
I imagine that's the reason why we have 'Tribute' cleaned up nicely, as most nights, Ozzy was the weak link in the chain, and it's too fuckin' bad, because the poor prick has to live with the regret that he was out of it for the majority of the short time he had with Randy.
That must suck. Awesome rise-from-the-ashes carer, but it's marred by a tragic death and being estranged by damn near every musician you've ever worked with:dickhead:

ppg960
03-21-2010, 08:57 PM
I can't believe it's been that long already!
Time has gone fast in 25 years.

atomicpunk5151
03-22-2010, 02:48 PM
(I know better than to expect the non-overdubbed version of the "Tribute" live album will ever see the light of day)

If you want to hear the non-overdubbed version of Tribute just go download the Cleveland 5-11-81 Radio show bootleg. Everything BUT the solo, No Bones & GTRomance come from Cleveland 81. Solo is from Montreal 81 and other 2 are from the 1980 UK Tour.

http://www.eternalrandyrhoads.com/ZIPS/81_05_11.ZIP

or

randyrhoads.tk (http://www.randyrhoads.tk/)

You can hear a few bad notes from Randy here and there, but his tone is actually better

jhale667
03-22-2010, 03:29 PM
I guard my original remastered Ozzy CDs (the remasters they did prior to fucking Daisley and Kerslake) like there's no tomorrow...I absolutely refuse to listen to the altered versions..