Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Healthcare Reform Bill IS THE Law

Healthcare bill clears first hurdle in House

Reuters
    Sunday, March 21, 2010; 6:37 PM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A sweeping healthcare overhaul cleared its first hurdle in the House of Representatives on Sunday when Democrats approved a rule setting the terms of the debate.

The procedural vote was a critical test of support for legislation to overhaul the $2.5 trillion healthcare system, which is President Barack Obama's top domestic priority. A vote on the legislation itself could come later on Sunday.

© 2010 Reuters

Healthcare bill clears first hurdle in House - washingtonpost.com
  • Igosplut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sucks to be the middle class....
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

........and the "trust us" we'll fix it later.
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

This bill was shit.

Lets face the facts here.

The dems represent Unions and their lobbyists

The GOP represents the Insurance companies and their lobbyists.

both could give a shit about the American people. I don't like the idea of this continous spending that we've done for the past X-amount of years, The Bush years excellarated it and the Obama presidency kept right on going with it.

..and you know who the real loser in this is? My generation and the ones following it, because we're going to be the ones inheriting this deficit and be left with none of the benefits that generations prior had due to no reforms done by both parties.

The parties of bad and no ideas, your republican and democrat parties.
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I'm not buying into it even if they pass it. Come and get me mother fuckers!
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express

This from Yahoo Newswire:

As Republican consultant Kevin Madden just said on CNN, whatever you think of the bill you have to admit that this is an historic moment. Certainly the most dramatic change to the American health care system since the 1960s. Maybe the biggest change to the federal government's relationship to its citizens since the creation of Social Security in 1935. And all that in a very polarized political atmosphere during an economic crisis. Pretty incredible.
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
              ........and the "trust us" we'll fix it later.
              Yeah. With a tax revolt. If they ram this shitty legislation through, that is what they are going to get; especially, if they unleash the IRS dogs to enforce the fines. The IRS is actually going to come after you for not buying a product. This bill will kill small businesses.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will see its largest expansion since withholding taxes were first enacted during WWII to enforce the glut of new tax mandates and penalties included in the Democrats' latest health care plan, according to Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX).

A new analysis by the Joint Economic Committee and the House Ways & Means Committee minority staff estimates up to 16,500 new IRS personnel will be needed to collect, examine and audit new tax information mandated on families and small businesses in the 'reconciliation' bill being taken up by the U.S. House of Representatives this weekend, according to Brady.

"When most people think of health care reform they think of more doctors exams, not more IRS exams," says U.S. Congressman Kevin Brady, the top House Republican on the Joint Economic Committee. "Isn't the federal government already intruding enough into our lives? We need thousands of new doctors and nurses in America, not thousands more IRS agents."

Scores of new federal mandates and fifteen different tax increases totaling $400 billion are imposed under the Democratic House bill. In addition to more complicated tax returns, families and small businesses will be forced to reveal further tax information to the IRS, provide proof of 'government approved' health care and submit detailed sales information to comply with new excise taxes.
                If you think your taxes are fun now, just wait.

Comment

• Blaze
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/BBokbVKvL0s&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0 x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/BBokbVKvL0s&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0 x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>
                  "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                  sigpic

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                    Commando
                    • May 2004

Next up, a Blanket Amnesty for 20 million plus illegal aliens. They will automatically fall under and receive govt. health care too, with the waving of Obama's magic pen. I doubt they were included in the cost estimates provided by the current administration and the CBO.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

What I do know is this - 32 million people are going to gain healthcare coverage. I know that's a good thing. The tax raise is largely going to the wealthy, and I know that's a good thing. I'm hopeful that this is the first step towards universal health care coverage for EVERYONE in this country, and that will be the best thing.

It may not be entirely perfect, and there's more than a few aspects of it that I'm not happy with, but there ARE benefits to it for a lot of people who need them, it's NOT the end of the fucking country as we know it and there is room to breathe in the years to come towards the eventual goal of universal coverage.

It's a mixed bag of results, but with the way the two party system is set up, is anything that gets done in Washington any better?

Before throwing myself overboard in anguish, I'm going to let the bill breathe a while and see what good (and ill) it creates. From there, we'll see. But I'm definitely not subscribing to the whole "The Country's Fucked Now!" bullshit scare tactics because it's just not a reality.
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                        This bill was shit.

Lets face the facts here.

The dems represent Unions and their lobbyists

The GOP represents the Insurance companies and their lobbyists.

both could give a shit about the American people. I don't like the idea of this continous spending that we've done for the past X-amount of years, The Bush years excellarated it and the Obama presidency kept right on going with it.

..and you know who the real loser in this is? My generation and the ones following it, because we're going to be the ones inheriting this deficit and be left with none of the benefits that generations prior had due to no reforms done by both parties.

The parties of bad and no ideas, your republican and democrat parties.
                        The unions give more of a shit about the people than the insurance lobbyists do...

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
                          Next up, a Blanket Amnesty for 20 million plus illegal aliens. They will automatically fall under and receive govt. health care too, with the waving of Obama's magic pen.
                          Link? Fox News and conservative blogs don't count, either.
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            So you're not going to get health insurance? you rebel!

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

I'm willing to bet good money that there are going to be a lot of people who wish they had bought into it when the time comes that they end up needing it.

Of course, that holds true for everybody who thinks it's a good idea to exercise their freedom to not pay for insurance of any sort when time comes that they end up needing it, but still...
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...