PDA

View Full Version : Steve Perry... Racist?

Mr Walker
03-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Ex-Journey Singer Steve Perry Denies Sarah Silverman’s Claims About Racial Slur

3/18/10, 11: 02 am EST

In an interview with Playboy set to hit newsstands tomorrow, comedian Sarah Silverman responds to questions about her provocative brand of humor by telling a story about how “the onetime lead singer of a very popular band from the 1980s” came up to her after a show and said, “You’re my favorite comedian. You have the best ****** jokes.” Silverman didn’t outright name Journey’s Steve Perry, but she added, “I’ll just say this: After that, I stopped believin’,” a poke at the band’s classic “Don’t Stop Believin’.”

Was she joking? In an interview with Rolling Stone yesterday, Perry took Silverman’s accusation very seriously, adamantly denying he ever used “the n-word” after meeting her backstage at a comedy show. “I’m really shocked. She was so friendly and so nice,” Perry tells RS. “I don’t understand why she would go there, it’s so bizarre. I don’t use that word, are you kidding? That’s so derogatory.” Perry admits he met Silverman on a pair of occasions “a long time ago” after being “amazed at her ability to make people actually laugh at every racial slur and every ethnic group she could possibly come up with,” but insists Silverman’s recollection of their meeting is just another episode concocted by the controversial TV star for comedic effect.

Perry tells RS, “I walked up to her after the show and I said, ‘I can’t believe that somehow you seem to be getting away with all these slurs and the n-word, I just can’t believe how you’re doing this,’ and I looked at my friend and I said, ‘I can’t believe how she’s getting away with this,’ and she looked at me and kind of smiled. It wasn’t like I was condemning her or condoning her, it was just that I can’t believe how somehow creatively she was making everybody in that club of all colors and all ethnic backgrounds laugh. That’s what it was.”

Despite the accusation, Perry still marvels at Silverman’s ability to walk the dangerous line of political correctness with her comedy. “You’ve gotta see her show because she uses every ethnic slur known to man that historically has been very unforgivable,” Perry says. “I’m Portuguese, that’s the only ethnic background she left out, but maybe after this article she’ll come after me now.”

Mr Walker
03-23-2010, 10:11 AM
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

bueno bob
03-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Yeeeaahh....this out of Sarah Silverman, who drops just about every conceivable ethnic insult and slur possible when she goes on stage?

Not exactly buyin' it...

lesfunk
03-23-2010, 01:01 PM
In other words, it's Ok for Silverman to go out on stage and say every non PC utterance and epithet found in the Queens English, but a washed up pop singer has no right?
Fucking Heeb!

Mr Walker
03-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Sarah Silverman is gross

Kristy
03-23-2010, 06:39 PM
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Or looking to gain some notoriety to keep that unwatchable show of hers on the air. The more Silverman attempts to be shocking or inadvertently controversial, the more of a self-embarrassment she becomes.

Anonymous
03-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Sarah Silverman is gross

Well, what I'd do to her can, technically, be considered gross.

Cheers! :bottle:

sadaist
03-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Next step for her is climbing under a cow and suckling it's milk like Tom Green did. All we can hope for is she makes a mistake and climbs under a bull instead. That I would watch.

hambon4lif
03-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Sarah's one of those chicks you look at, and automatically assume "Yep....she likes anal!"

If she isn't down for the ol' A2M...then I really don't see her purpose here on Earth.

Terry
03-23-2010, 10:26 PM
She's amusing to a point.

MAX
03-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Sarah's one of those chicks you look at, and automatically assume "Yep....she likes anal!"

If she isn't down for the ol' A2M...then I really don't see her purpose here on Earth.

PFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://jewsribsinbearjaw.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/sarah_silverman-crotch_02.jpg

Bill Lumbergh
03-24-2010, 03:45 AM
I would actually fuck her reasonably hard. Then open the door, push her ass out and speed the fuck off.

bueno bob
03-24-2010, 08:46 AM
I would actually fuck her reasonably hard. Then open the door, push her ass out and speed the fuck off.

Yeah, that.

Terry
03-24-2010, 10:39 PM

"reasonably" hard...not hard to the point where it crosses any boundaries of personal discomfort...just within reason;)

Bill Lumbergh
03-24-2010, 10:45 PM
"reasonably" hard...not hard to the point where it crosses any boundaries of personal discomfort...just within reason;)

Exactly my friend :)

thome
03-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Ok, I will be you guys wingman and bang the evil out of her ugly friend.

Yeap, I would be the winner that night.

Did Kimell make some kind of deal and sell Sarah to the networks to get out of his contract or something..?

What does she do... and why can't she do any of it..... and have it be at least a little intersting.

I would put Kardasian talent above this, at least those girls have hot big asses and are being raised by two aging lesbians..that's some TV there.