X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Steve Perry... Racist?

Ex-Journey Singer Steve Perry Denies Sarah Silverman’s Claims About Racial Slur

3/18/10, 11: 02 am EST

In an interview with Playboy set to hit newsstands tomorrow, comedian Sarah Silverman responds to questions about her provocative brand of humor by telling a story about how “the onetime lead singer of a very popular band from the 1980s” came up to her after a show and said, “You’re my favorite comedian. You have the best ****** jokes.” Silverman didn’t outright name Journey’s Steve Perry, but she added, “I’ll just say this: After that, I stopped believin’,” a poke at the band’s classic “Don’t Stop Believin’.”

Was she joking? In an interview with Rolling Stone yesterday, Perry took Silverman’s accusation very seriously, adamantly denying he ever used “the n-word” after meeting her backstage at a comedy show. “I’m really shocked. She was so friendly and so nice,” Perry tells RS. “I don’t understand why she would go there, it’s so bizarre. I don’t use that word, are you kidding? That’s so derogatory.” Perry admits he met Silverman on a pair of occasions “a long time ago” after being “amazed at her ability to make people actually laugh at every racial slur and every ethnic group she could possibly come up with,” but insists Silverman’s recollection of their meeting is just another episode concocted by the controversial TV star for comedic effect.

Perry tells RS, “I walked up to her after the show and I said, ‘I can’t believe that somehow you seem to be getting away with all these slurs and the n-word, I just can’t believe how you’re doing this,’ and I looked at my friend and I said, ‘I can’t believe how she’s getting away with this,’ and she looked at me and kind of smiled. It wasn’t like I was condemning her or condoning her, it was just that I can’t believe how somehow creatively she was making everybody in that club of all colors and all ethnic backgrounds laugh. That’s what it was.”

Despite the accusation, Perry still marvels at Silverman’s ability to walk the dangerous line of political correctness with her comedy. “You’ve gotta see her show because she uses every ethnic slur known to man that historically has been very unforgivable,” Perry says. “I’m Portuguese, that’s the only ethnic background she left out, but maybe after this article she’ll come after me now.”
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Yeeeaahh....this out of Sarah Silverman, who drops just about every conceivable ethnic insult and slur possible when she goes on stage?

Not exactly buyin' it...
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• lesfunk
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

In other words, it's Ok for Silverman to go out on stage and say every non PC utterance and epithet found in the Queens English, but a washed up pop singer has no right?
        Fucking Heeb!
        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Sarah Silverman is gross

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
            "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
            Or looking to gain some notoriety to keep that unwatchable show of hers on the air. The more Silverman attempts to be shocking or inadvertently controversial, the more of a self-embarrassment she becomes.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
              Sarah Silverman is gross
              Well, what I'd do to her can, technically, be considered gross.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Next step for her is climbing under a cow and suckling it's milk like Tom Green did. All we can hope for is she makes a mistake and climbs under a bull instead. That I would watch.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• hambon4lif
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Sarah's one of those chicks you look at, and automatically assume "Yep....she likes anal!"

If she isn't down for the ol' A2M...then I really don't see her purpose here on Earth.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

She's amusing to a point.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                      Sarah's one of those chicks you look at, and automatically assume "Yep....she likes anal!"

If she isn't down for the ol' A2M...then I really don't see her purpose here on Earth.
                      PFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I would actually fuck her reasonably hard. Then open the door, push her ass out and speed the fuck off.

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                          I would actually fuck her reasonably hard. Then open the door, push her ass out and speed the fuck off.
                          Yeah, that.
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh

"reasonably" hard...not hard to the point where it crosses any boundaries of personal discomfort...just within reason
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              "reasonably" hard...not hard to the point where it crosses any boundaries of personal discomfort...just within reason
                              Exactly my friend

Comment

Working...