PDA

View Full Version : Brett Michaels touring with Skynyrd...wtf?

sonrisa salvaje
03-23-2010, 01:55 PM
I cannot believe this. Leave it to Brett to try and ride the southern rock gravy train........

The Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach, Florida will be the first stop on a multi-city tour featuring legendary artists Lynyrd Skynyrd and Poison singer Bret Michaels along with guests .38 Special.

Speaking about the tour, Lynyrd Skynyrd vocalist Johnny Van Zant said, "The band and I have been friends with Bret for years and are looking forward to finally getting to tour with him. It's going to be a kick-ass show complete with new music plus all the fan favorites. Skynyrd will definitely be pulling for Bret to become the next 'Celebrity Apprentice'!"

"There is no doubt that Lynyrd Skynyrd is one of my all-time favorite rock and roll bands. I have been friends with them a long time, so I am honored that Skynyrd has asked me to join them on their tour this summer," says Bret Michaels. "I will have a chance to play all the Poison greatest hits, plus all the new solo hits including 'Nothing to Lose' (featuring Miley Cyrus), songs from 'Rock of Love,' 'Celebrity Apprentice' and the new solo CD, 'Custom Built.'

"The Lynyrd Skynyrd/Bret Michaels tour will be a summer concert celebration of awesome music, amazing fans and most important a kick-ass night of rock and roll. To sum it up Lynyrd Skynyrd/Bret Michaels is a nothing but a good time summer party that will rock your world."

Confirmed tour dates are as follows:

Jun. 10 - West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre
Jun. 13 - Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Jun. 17 - Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center
Jun. 18 - Raleigh, NC - Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion
Jun. 19 - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Jun. 20 - Virginia Beach, VA - Virginia Beach Amphitheater
Jun. 24 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
Jun. 25 - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre *
Jun. 26 - St. Louis, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jun. 27 - Indianapolis, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center
Jul. 1 - Boston, MA - Comcast Center
Jul. 2 - Holmdel, NJ - P.N.C Bank Arts Centre
Jul. 3 - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
Jul. 8 - Cleveland - Blossom Music Center
Jul. 9 - Washington, DC - Jiffy Lube Live
Jul. 10 - Hartford, CT - Comcast Theatre
Jul. 11 - Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagara Pavilion

*.38 Special

source: blabbermouth.net

binnie
03-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Much as I am no fan of his music, the man knows how to keep working.

He also seems smart enough to realize that a 'Bret Michaels Solo Tour' wouldn't sell out toilets. That's pretty intelligent for a man who looks like a fish.......

lesfunk
03-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Last time I seen a mouth like that it had a hook in it!

Panamark
03-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Hope his diabetters is getting better....

Hardrock69
03-24-2010, 12:50 PM
It is truly stupid that he is trying to remake himself as a Cuntry artist now.

He is realizing his last band are a bunch of losers, and nobody in their right mind is going to by his solo shit unless it is some lame, baby-food crap that will appeal to a 98-year-old grandma in Bumfuck, Iowa.

Fucking phony piece of shit motherfucker. If I never heard about him again in this life or the next, it would be too soon.

sonrisa salvaje
03-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Note to Brett: Wearing a cowboy hat is not a qualifier to play with Skynyrd or 38 Special. :fufu:
You just did a duet with Miley Cyrus, you have your own MTV show and you are now on Celebrity Apprentice. You evidently have more friends than Kid Rock and whore yourself out just the same. You couldn't open for Charlie Daniels on the Gieco commercial.

Terry
03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Despite both bands having been picking at corpses for years with ever-diminishing lineups containing members of their definitive eras, I suppose I could stomach the contemporary versions of Skynyrd and .38 Special live. At least I'd know most of the tunes, and they'd be tunes I could bear hearing.

Have never had any use for Brett Michaels. Even the predictable gaggle of aging former 80's pop metal teen queen fans/current milfy moms that would provide eye candy in the audience wouldn't be worth the bother of having to listen to that jackass and his lame music, Poison or otherwise. Seeing Poison once opening up for Ratt in the mid 1980's (a result of bad timing - we got to the arena early, smoked our dope too quickly and wandered in to the sight of Poison 'performing' - a sure buzzkill if ever there was one) is MORE than enough exposure to that talentless assclown in my lifetime.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Note to Brett: Wearing a cowboy hat is not a qualifier to play with Skynyrd or 38 Special. :fufu:

Excuse me, but you mean wearing a cowboy hat to cover up his ever-receding hairline.....

indeedido
03-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Hope his diabetters is getting better....

He's got the sugars!!!

twonabomber
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
He also seems smart enough to realize that a 'Bret Michaels Solo Tour' wouldn't sell out toilets.

after Dave's "Tour of the Worlds" show here (what was that, '03, '04 when Diamond Dave was released?) there was a guy handing out Brett Michaels tickets to people on their way out of Nautica Stage. and this guy had a stack of tickets at least two inches thick...

ELVIS
03-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Hey, every rose has it's thorn...

http://starnewsworld.com/Bret-Michaels-bald.jpg

:biggrin:

Hardrock69
03-25-2010, 01:43 PM
What the fuck??? :confused: