PDA

View Full Version : jim marshall passes away

PETE'S BROTHER
03-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Rock photographer Jim Marshall dies at 74 - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100325/ap_on_en_ot/us_obit_jim_marshall)

didn't realize he captured so many images in my memory.

kwame k
03-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Neither did I......for the Hendrix burning guitar thing alone he should be an icon.

ELVIS
03-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Jim Marshall Collection (http://www.marshallphoto.com/collection)

http://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/images/big/marshall.jpg

:elvis:

Hardrock69
03-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Damn. That fucking sucks! :(

PETE'S BROTHER
03-25-2010, 01:33 PM
"Jim Morrison at the Northern California Folk Rock Festival in San Jose, 1968. I don't think I ever spoke three words to Morrison. We were on the side of the stage and I was shooting with just one frame left on the roll, and Jim said, 'Hey Marshall, you want a photo?' and looked right into my camera. He was one of those guys in his own space. I never got close to him. My impression of Morrison was that he was like C.S. Lewis, spiritual without being religious." — Jim Marshall

cool:baaa:

Diamondjimi
03-25-2010, 01:47 PM
A fucking giant in the rock photography world. What a drag...

R.I.P.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3843/jimitoastsmellowsfh8.gif

Seshmeister
03-25-2010, 01:57 PM
"Jim Morrison at the Northern California Folk Rock Festival in San Jose, 1968. I don't think I ever spoke three words to Morrison. We were on the side of the stage and I was shooting with just one frame left on the roll, and Jim said, 'Hey Marshall, you want a photo?' and looked right into my camera. He was one of those guys in his own space. I never got close to him. My impression of Morrison was that he was like C.S. Lewis, spiritual without being religious." — Jim Marshall

cool:baaa:

Kind of odd thing to say since C.S. Lewis was a devout and influential christian but never mind.

ELVIS
03-25-2010, 02:06 PM
What's wrong with being a devout and influential Christian ??

PETE'S BROTHER
03-25-2010, 02:12 PM
nuthin', why?

Anonymous
03-25-2010, 02:23 PM

I wouldn't worry about that if I were you, Big E.

I mean, I wouldn't consider you "influential"... :tongue0011:

Cheers! :bottle:

Seshmeister
03-25-2010, 03:04 PM

Don't get me started. :)

I'm just saying it was a kind of dumb quote by Marshall since Lewis was completely religious.

Seshmeister
03-25-2010, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't worry about that if I were you, Big E.

I mean, I wouldn't consider you "influential"... :tongue0011:

ELVIS knows an influential messiah when he sees one. And he should know, he's followed a few... :)

Nitro Express
03-26-2011, 10:41 PM
You can be a spiritual christian and not be religious. Being religious is attending someone's organized religion and running through that maze. Being spiritual is an inner journey. You can be very religious and be completely un spiritual. I've seen that many times. Religious people seem to need to join up with a pack and need the organizational node a church provides for a number of reasons. A spiritual person can be fine on their own.

Anonymous
03-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Did you really believe that thought was good enuff to warrant such a rampant act of necrophilia?

Believing in something that you cannot see without any tangible proof other than fervent wishful thinking is a sign of complete & utter lunacy, religiousness or no religiousness.

In other words, most people are batshit insane & Darwin failed epically with his theory.

BITEYOASS
03-26-2011, 11:26 PM

Nothing wrong, I just have a problem with god's special education team that I see on TV every fuckin day!

FORD
03-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Well, the name Jim Marshall may not be all that famous, but his work is. So I guess there's your celebrity death trifecta for the week (along with Liz Taylor and Geraldine Ferraro.)

Anonymous
03-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Yeah.

I guess there IS some truth to all this "celebrities always die in three" thing, especially if there's no time limit to it. Mr. Marshall dies last year, Liz & Geraldine this month, that makes three.

twonabomber
03-27-2011, 02:02 AM
You can be a spiritual christian and not be religious. Being religious is attending someone's organized religion and running through that maze. Being spiritual is an inner journey. You can be very religious and be completely un spiritual. I've seen that many times. Religious people seem to need to join up with a pack and need the organizational node a church provides for a number of reasons. A spiritual person can be fine on their own.

shit bump of an old thread. good job, genius.

FORD
03-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah.

I guess there IS some truth to all this "celebrities always die in three" thing, especially if there's no time limit to it. Mr. Marshall dies last year, Liz & Geraldine this month, that makes three.

Fuck...... did I miss a necroposting?:rolleye0018:

Oh well, in that case, there's still time for a #3 entry in this week's Grim Reaper sweepstakes.......