03-27-2010, 05:12 AM
Here is what needs to be done

1. Forums upgraded by vbulletin.com
2. Blog Upgraded
3. Picture forum upgraded / Arcade Upgraded
4. Website design sent to developer to skin
5. Customization
6. Done

7. The rest of the website will be upgraded to include what was there before: Interviews/Lyrics.. etc.
I can't start any of that until the design is skinned.

Thanks to all those that have donated or supported this website
donate here

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=GX7MCQFEC4D6L

I will be posting updates in this thread. Please don't make any requests until we are in the customization phase.

Thanks to Mezro/Va Beach/ Panamark for all their hard work
In Roth We Trust,
Sarge

Sarge
03-27-2010, 05:15 AM
Saturday, March 27th- Paid Vbulletin for Vbulletin 4.0 Publishing suite/installation. They will professionally install the forum. This needs to happen first before a forum design is implemented.
Waiting on a response on installation time. Jelsoft is quick and my guess is that we will have a new installation within 3 days.

GAR
03-27-2010, 05:22 AM
Xlnt~!!

Panamark
03-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Can't wait to see this place all new again :)
The one and only Mighty Roth Army !!!

Fuck Yeah !!

Mezro
03-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Here is what needs to be done

1. Forums upgraded by vbulletin.com
2. Blog Upgraded
3. Picture forum upgraded / Arcade Upgraded
4. Website design sent to developer to skin
5. Customization
6. Done

7. The rest of the website will be upgraded to include what was there before: Interviews/Lyrics.. etc.
I can't start any of that until the design is skinned.

Thanks to all those that have donated or supported this website
donate here

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=GX7MCQFEC4D6L

I will be posting updates in this thread. Please don't make any requests until we are in the customization phase.

Thanks to Mezro/Va Beach/ Panamark for all their hard work
In Roth We Trust,
Sarge

It seems like you have a solid plan of action in place to complete this. Does this mean you would like Melton & I to step aside at this point? Who are you using as the developer? I just want to make sure we are all on the same page.

Mezro...thanks Chris...

CVH Rulz
03-27-2010, 11:23 AM
It seems like you have a solid plan of action in place to complete this. Does this mean you would like Melton & I to step aside at this point? Who are you using as the developer? I just want to make sure we are all on the same page.

Mezro...thanks Chris...

You missed some posts by Sarge here:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/website-related-discussion-webmaster-feedback/58420-roth-army-site-design-thread.html#post1443883

Mezro
03-27-2010, 11:25 AM
You missed some posts by Sarge here:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/website-related-discussion-webmaster-feedback/58420-roth-army-site-design-thread.html#post1443883

LOL...yeah I fucking did. Thanks so much for the heads up.

Mezro...looks like I am back on the clock again...

Mezro
03-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Just a friendly reminder: I have a phone call scheduled with Melton Sunday night at 8 PM (PST) to discuss the site architecture, global navigation, and production. If you guys have any questions for Melton, please PM/email me before then.

Mezro...thanks so much and have a weird day...

GAR
03-27-2010, 10:33 PM
How about a Super-Groan button script that activates once you earn 10 discrete/different groans in a day, or in a post.. something like that?

We could call that the DiamondJimi Award count hack!

Va Beach VH Fan
03-27-2010, 10:36 PM

Just for you GAR....

Bob_R
03-29-2010, 10:21 AM
:( Too bad I hadn't read this thread earlier. You could have paid me instead to install vB4. I did my own board myself. :)

Jelsoft says 1-2 business days. Should be today or tomorrow then. Best of luck!

Va Beach VH Fan
03-29-2010, 10:24 AM
:( Too bad I hadn't read this thread earlier. You could have paid me instead to install vB4. I did my own board myself. :)

So Bob, what changes should we expect to see after Jelsoft completes the upgrade ??

Bob_R
03-29-2010, 11:07 AM
So Bob, what changes should we expect to see after Jelsoft completes the upgrade ??

First things first after the upgrade, I doubt Jelsoft will do it, make sure all the hacks, add-ons work.

Start some sort of feedback thread because some users I'm sure will have questions. They may lose their avatars for example. You really throughly have to check things out. Like the "Find all posts" search, etc.. Probably will have to re-install your smileys. Unless there's something extra you're paying for again Jelsoft I don' think will do that. But, again I did mine myself so that is just a guess. Font sizes will be different.

Go over everything with a fine tooth comb.

I assume you got the suite so the blogs feature is better. Also, now you be able to have a Content Management system as your front page as well.

Lots of widgets for plentiful information.

I'll post more when I remember. From a systems standpoint the PHP is different but that is transparent to the registered users.

Bob_R
03-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Setting up the CMS sections and categories and the overall look and feel is going to take patience.

If you're going to use the feature. I assume you are because you're upgrading no sense not to IMO.

It's more difficult in vB4 to change things until you get used to it. Meaning for the staff. The registered users should be fine rather quickly.

jhale667
03-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Can't wait to see it! :D

Diamondjimi
03-29-2010, 05:54 PM
How about a Super-Groan button script that activates once you earn 10 discrete/different groans in a day, or in a post.. something like that?

We could call that the DiamondJimi Award count hack!

:turninggay: Wow, talk about a mancrush.... :rolleyes:

Diamondjimi
03-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Can't wait to see it! :D

Ditto! ;)

Hardrock69
03-29-2010, 07:54 PM
ME THREE! Spring Cleaning fo de Roth Army! Woot! :D

Mezro
03-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Just a friendly neighborhood site update: had a good call with Melton. We covered navigation, header and sub header graphics, potential additional assets for the design, and a bunch of other boring crap. We also went over my first draft of the site navigation document that will be given to the developer. We talked about what elements of the design change can be handled on the user side (meaning Sarge or anyone with admin access) and what stuff the developer will have to handle. I asked Melton to look into getting additional quotes from other developers. I also have a few developer leads I want to check into as well. The next call I have scheduled with Melton is Monday April 5th at 8 PM. At that point, we should have a better idea of when the site can head into production and what the final costs associated with that may be.

Mezro...and there you have it...more news as it happens...

GAR
03-30-2010, 02:51 AM
:turninggay: Wow, talk about a mancrush.... :rolleyes:

Gaythink.. symptoms of gay tendencies right there.

GAR
03-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Just a friendly neighborhood site update: had a good call with Melton ...and there you have it...more news as it happens...

awesome
awesome

Panamark
03-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Just a friendly neighborhood site update: had a good call with Melton. We covered navigation, header and sub header graphics, potential additional assets for the design, and a bunch of other boring crap. We also went over my first draft of the site navigation document that will be given to the developer. We talked about what elements of the design change can be handled on the user side (meaning Sarge or anyone with admin access) and what stuff the developer will have to handle. I asked Melton to look into getting additional quotes from other developers. I also have a few developer leads I want to check into as well. The next call I have scheduled with Melton is Monday April 5th at 8 PM. At that point, we should have a better idea of when the site can head into production and what the final costs associated with that may be.

Mezro...and there you have it...more news as it happens...

Assuming VB skins were tabled :)

Va Beach VH Fan
03-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Question: Will the VB upgrade require downtime ?? If so, approx. how much ??

GAR
03-30-2010, 08:10 PM

Spoken like a true web addict!

Va Beach VH Fan
03-30-2010, 09:59 PM
You're on here just as much, if not more, than I am GAR....

LoungeMachine
03-30-2010, 10:03 PM
You're on here just as much, if not more, than I am GAR....

Yes, but at least he leaves the house to go to the library to post.....

:gulp:

Hardrock69
03-31-2010, 01:47 AM
You mean his cardboard box under the 405, dontcha? :biggrin:

Panamark
03-31-2010, 03:20 AM
I think many of us are guilty of passing out from too many drugs
and alcohol while posting and not logging off !!

Seshmeister
03-31-2010, 04:54 AM
Back when I smoked I once set fire to my love apparatus doing that here...

Sarge
03-31-2010, 08:07 AM

I know how to upgrade the software. The reason why I am having Jelsoft do it is because we have over a million posts. The database was created years ago and frequently I have had problems with it crashing everytime I upgrade.
Much easier for them to troubleshoot the problems.

They said another 24-48 hours.
Breasts,

Sarge
03-31-2010, 08:07 AM

An hour? Not long.

Mezro
03-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Assuming VB skins were tabled :)

Safe assumption. Most developers will slice and dice Melton's Photoshop design and put them into tables. From what I understand, you can build a non-table VB skin but it is tricky.

Mezro...tricky but not impossible...

Mezro
03-31-2010, 11:16 AM
They said another 24-48 hours.
Breasts,

Nice.

Mezro...step one is almost done...

Sarge
04-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Vbulletin installer got back with me and my host has to upgrade the mysql on the server before he continues with the install. I contacted my host and they are working with the installer to meet his needs.
Breasts,
Sarge

GAR
04-02-2010, 02:38 AM
.. and my host has to upgrade the mysql on the server before he continues with the install.

I had a feeling this would happen.

Rikk
04-02-2010, 02:42 AM
Can we just read this stuff without GAR's bullshit in every other post?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-02-2010, 02:43 AM
I had a feeling this would happen.

stop it:pullinghair::)

Va Beach VH Fan
04-04-2010, 03:07 PM
So did the upgrade complete successfully ??

VanHalener
04-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Can I get a douche button next to my groan/thanks buttons. Make it say 'This post has been douched', please. I didn't pitch in much, but I'll pitch in more and cover douche expenses on my own.

~Thank you~

Sarge
04-05-2010, 04:39 AM
No the upgrade didn't complete successfully!
Conmee is going to have to add his assistance.

The old database is mysql 4.0
It needs to be converted to 5.0.
Every time the installer tries to convert it, it causes errors.
Sending this to Conmee for his advice.
Breasts,
Sarge

Panamark
04-05-2010, 05:26 AM
Go conmee !! :) totally the Roth Army Legend of the time !!!
Onya mate !!

Va Beach VH Fan
04-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Now let's see if all of the hookers and blow have paid dividends.... ;)

conmee
04-05-2010, 07:13 AM
It's 4AM on the West Coast, you know I'm high as a fucking kite for After-Easter... I'm on it!

That is all.

Icon

Mezro
04-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Just a quick update: had a call with Melton last night. He spoke with Travis, a freelance developer that his web team at work used for a project. The guy is based out of the Bay Area and seems interested in the job. It all boils down to if he can do it within our budget. Melton should have an answer from him in about 48 hours.

On my side, one of the other consultants I work with is reaching out on my behalf to Sherry. Based out of Portland, she was a contractor we used on a project last year. She is reliable, a very detail oriented person, and is well versed in VB. Her availability and if she can work within our budget is TBD.

If neither of these options are viable, Melton is going to post an ad on both Elance and Craiglist. I made it clear that I prefer a Bay Area developer. The challenge is finding a quality freelancer for $500. The original $500 development quote was from a guy in India. While Melton has used him before, I really want someone local. If there is a problem during production, it will be much easier to solve with a developer I can reach easily or meet with in person.

Melton is also creating a modified/smaller version of the home page banner to be used on sub-pages. We are anticipating that whatever developer we hire will need it. He should have that done within the week. I also reiterated last night that production of the site has to begin by the first week of May if not sooner. We just need the right developer in place.

Melton and I have another call scheduled for Tuesday night at 8 PM. As soon as I hear something new, I will let you know.

Mezro...and now it is time for lunch....fuck am I hungry...

Mezro
04-05-2010, 05:39 PM
It's 4AM on the West Coast, you know I'm high as a fucking kite for After-Easter... I'm on it!

That is all.

Icon

You fucking go Icon!

Mezro...show that blow the power of a deviated septum...

PETE'S BROTHER
04-05-2010, 05:42 PM
10-4 home skillet. after the site bein' down this weekend, the prospect of havin' a beautiful new board was very exciting.

Mezro
04-05-2010, 05:44 PM
10-4 home skillet. after the site bein' down this weekend, the prospect of havin' a beautiful new board was very exciting.

I assume it was down for the VB upgrade?

Mezro...is the upgrade locked and loaded Sarge?...

PETE'S BROTHER
04-05-2010, 05:45 PM
p.s. would you have an easier time findin' somebody for $700-$800 do the job? or is that out of the question after icon's easter coke-out?

Mezro
04-05-2010, 05:49 PM
p.s. would you have an easier time findin' somebody for $700-$800 do the job? or is that out of the question after icon's easter coke-out?

Mezro...it might be a little easier; we will know more based upon what our current leads say...

PETE'S BROTHER
04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
cool:smoke:

Va Beach VH Fan
04-05-2010, 08:18 PM
I assume it was down for the VB upgrade?

Mezro...is the upgrade locked and loaded Sarge?...

No, didn't go.. According to Sarge;

No the upgrade didn't complete successfully!
Conmee is going to have to add his assistance.

The old database is mysql 4.0
It needs to be converted to 5.0.
Every time the installer tries to convert it, it causes errors.
Sending this to Conmee for his advice.
Breasts,
Sarge

Guitar Shark
04-05-2010, 08:22 PM
So let me get this straight... the future of this website now depends on Mr. Hookers and Blow? God help us all! ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
04-05-2010, 08:29 PM
So let me get this straight... the future of this website now depends on Mr. Hookers and Blow? God help us all! ;)

The way I look at it, realistically, it'll probably run better than ever, depending on how high the pile is, of course....

GAR
04-06-2010, 01:48 AM
If mysql is free but nobody can work with it, is it still free then?

Just sayin'..

GAR
04-06-2010, 01:49 AM
How about that cinnamon-frosted rat-tailed mullet boy Viruseater from the Rogan Board?

He had that place going against many attacks but I don't know what he's doing these days.

Panamark
04-06-2010, 04:02 AM
"Bash" that shell access my friend ! :)

Fookin telnet Nazi's

Nickdfresh
04-06-2010, 09:51 AM
How about that cinnamon-frosted rat-tailed mullet boy Viruseater from the Rogan Board?

He had that place going against many attacks but I don't know what he's doing these days.

Maybe hosting penis in his asshole in some federal prison? (he's allegedly, according to one blogger, a convicted felon and conman that has stolen from numerous site owners, including Joe Rogan by playing a shell game with hosts)...

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Why is the website still blue, with no logos?

Guitar Shark
04-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Why is the website still blue, with no logos?

I believe the delay is due to the fact that we have not yet received your donation.

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Did I mention that I don't use "paypal?"

conmee
04-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

The update is happening in phases as all our software is old as shit. Tonight we cut over to MySQL 5. Tomorrow we cut over to vBulletin 4 (or whatever the hell the latest is), and after that the redesign.

But this really is all predicated on getting a donation from BlackFlag...

That is all.

Icon

P.S. For the DOUBTERS©®™, never underestimate the power of a FAT SACK OF BLOW©®™!!!!

Reverberator
04-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Yeah© , what he said

LoungeMachine
04-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Did I mention that I don't use "paypal?"

Nor soap for that matter......

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 05:53 PM
But this really is all predicated on getting a donation from BlackFlag...

Give me an option other than the "paypal" and I'll use it.

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Nor soap for that matter......

If you like rubbing boiled animal fat all over yourself, have at it.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-06-2010, 05:58 PM
If you like rubbing boiled animal fat all over yourself, have at it.

:biggrin:i thought that was the option to paypal at first.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-06-2010, 05:59 PM
you could mail me a money order, and i would disperse the funds to the proper recipients.

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 06:02 PM
What, you don't trust my check? Why would I bounce a donation check?

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 06:02 PM
And this is tax deductible, right?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-06-2010, 06:06 PM
no, somebody has to pay for the damn healthplan ya know.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-06-2010, 06:06 PM
What, you don't trust my check? Why would I bounce a donation check?

i would like an option to your check is all.:)

PETE'S BROTHER
04-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Give me an option other than the "paypal" and I'll use it.

:umm::biggrin:

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Send me your address and I'll do it.

You guys don't realize the flood of donations that are coming after this. I carry a lot of weight at this site.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-06-2010, 06:32 PM
3929 e. main st. mesa, az 85205:baaa:

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Holy shit, I meant in a p.m.

Should I address it to "Pete's Brother?"

PETE'S BROTHER
04-06-2010, 06:35 PM
sure, i ain't sceered.

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Done. That's the way I do things - decisively.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-06-2010, 06:36 PM
shit, suite #2

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 06:37 PM
See, this is how shit gets lost in the mail.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-06-2010, 06:39 PM
you could add duchess bar to the addrsss iffin ya like.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-06-2010, 06:40 PM
no worries tho, i'm lettin' the mail delivery employee to keep an eye open for me.

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 06:40 PM
You got it. I'll even throw in a free movie review.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-06-2010, 06:41 PM
yur the best.

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 06:42 PM
That's what Imapuss' mom said.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-06-2010, 06:46 PM
so with your donation being "on the way", is that enough for you to leverage the "lemmings" to follow suit?

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 06:47 PM
I think so. I have a lot of minions here all waiting for me to take the lead.

MAX
04-06-2010, 06:51 PM
I think so. I have a lot of minions here all waiting for me to take the lead.

They have quality booger in Yakima? How about the whores? They have any teef? :tongue0011:

Blackflag
04-06-2010, 06:53 PM
They're like those hot blonde farmer's daughter types, with the braids and the jean shorts. You know what I'm talking about.

conmee
04-06-2010, 08:06 PM
I've taken a roadtrip to The Yak when I was slaving for Bill in Redmond... Blackflag speaks the truth...

That is all.

Icon©®™

Blaze
04-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Will this site maintenance correct the code error that allows the thanking and groaning button to be done autonomously?

I noticed it again recently on one of Gar's posts.

I also noticed that Gar mentioned recently that after he was banned from DDLR.com that DDLR.com "went down". Has this activity been noted to the installers? And have they been advised to be aware of errant code?

Just noting~

conmee
04-06-2010, 08:29 PM
If I recall correctly, the vBulletin guys are going to require us to ban GAR and instead of Thanks and Groan will be Orgasm and Douche buttons... yes they will function autoerotically...

We are working on the best way to break the news to GAR, so I hope he doesn't read this thread before then...

I'm just the server/database/web guy, for all forum-related functionality and shit, have to ask Sarge or one of the many call centers in India that we continually get routed to...

That is all.

Icon©®™

twonabomber
04-06-2010, 08:31 PM
I also noticed that Gar mentioned recently that after he was banned from DDLR.com that DDLR.com "went down". Has this activity been noted to the installers? And have they been advised to be aware of errant code?

GAR had nothing to do with DDLR going away.

GAR will also claim that DDLR's supermods killed the site. again, this is not the case.

i'm sure GAR will be in this thread claiming something different than what i posted, but i can assure you he is nothing and knows nothing.

LoungeMachine
04-06-2010, 08:33 PM
When was the last time Gary was right about anything????

He even got the death of Jizzy wrong for Christ's sake

POJO_Risin
04-06-2010, 10:59 PM
P.S. For the DOUBTERS©®™, never underestimate the power of a FAT SACK OF BLOW©®™!!!!

Just now, somewhere in Guntville, a shadow of her former self just got the chills...

GAR
04-07-2010, 01:16 AM
GAR had nothing to do with DDLR going away.

Wow, nobody till now has ever alluded to MY pushing the site off a cliff!

GAR
04-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Thanks and Groan will be Orgasm and Douche buttons... yes they will function autoerotically...

Asking about the stability of this 2 years ago on vbull org, the Savickihack does indeed cause database overflow errors.

Blaze
04-11-2010, 08:14 PM
STFU, Gar.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The site is ship shaping and looking good! :baaa:

Diamondjimi
04-11-2010, 08:19 PM
This place looks COOL AS FUCK!!!

White text on black is easy on the eyes. Great fuckin job guys!

hambon4lif
04-11-2010, 08:39 PM
This place looks COOL AS FUCK!!!

White text on black is easy on the eyes. Great fuckin job guys!Fuckinay! I'm diggin' it! Let's crack the champaign bottle over this sonofabitch and set it off in STYLE!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZI0ekgh4mRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZI0ekgh4mRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Northern Girl
04-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Logo is cool!

hambon4lif
04-11-2010, 08:52 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FjqIeNF1d-E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FjqIeNF1d-E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

hambon4lif
04-11-2010, 09:00 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W1wEo4CR8_4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W1wEo4CR8_4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Steve Savicki
04-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey, site also runs faster as well. :cool: I presume it has something to do with the fluid width vs. fixed width bit Mez mentioned.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, time, money and anything else. :)

Sarge
04-11-2010, 09:21 PM
This is not the design. I just modified the css templates so that the forum didn't get so many complaints.

Diamondjimi
04-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Looks grate either way Sarge! ;)

hambon4lif
04-11-2010, 09:30 PM
This is not the design. I just modified the css templates so that the forum didn't get so many complaints.No complaints over here!....I look so damn sexy in the dark that it's almost not even fair to anyone else. LOL!

Let's rock this muthafucka!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mwRavTPD-P4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mwRavTPD-P4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Anonymous
04-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey, site also runs faster as well. :cool: I presume it has something to do with the fluid width vs. fixed width bit Mez mentioned.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, time, money and anything else. :)

Shut UP, Suckadicki!

Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
04-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Well done, Sarge.

Site's looking damn cool already & it ain't even finished.

Thanks.

Northern Girl
04-11-2010, 09:52 PM
This is not the design. I just modified the css templates so that the forum didn't get so many complaints.

The rest of us get that. ;)

indeedido
04-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Looking slick as a gnats ass. Me dig.

VanHalener
04-11-2010, 10:18 PM
~This place is kick ass~

OWWWWW!

redblkwht
04-11-2010, 10:59 PM
This place looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!

IceCreamBlondie
04-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Agreed!

Kristy
04-12-2010, 12:10 AM
This is going to take some time getting used to. However, I do like the dark background over that annoying, eye-blinding generic white

jhale667
04-12-2010, 12:25 AM

NICE!!! I like it still. Can't wait to see the final version!

Cato
04-12-2010, 12:36 AM
cool! awesome! where's the arcade! steve savicki is a fucking idiot! thanks for the upgrade anyway!

jhale667
04-12-2010, 12:53 AM
And let me take this opportunity to get in a preemptive STFU STEVE. :baaa:

GO-SPURS-GO
04-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Logo is cool!

Hmm... That "O" doesn't look good. Just my opinion though...

Diamondjimi
04-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Hmm... That "O" doesn't look good. Just my opinion though...

I could take it or leave it... (if we're gonna get picky here). Although it does kind of represent the take no prisoners attitude of the site.(jmo)

Panamark
04-12-2010, 01:43 AM
Happy to report the lag issue I mentioned previously has gone.
Even on IE6.

Diamondjimi
04-12-2010, 01:47 AM
The good news keeps a rollin in!;)

GAR
04-12-2010, 02:12 AM
This is going to take some time getting used to. However, I do like the dark background over that annoying, eye-blinding generic white

I don't like the black.
Member #'s gone.
Retard buttuns too.

hambon4lif
04-12-2010, 02:20 AM
I don't like the black.
Member #'s gone.
Retard buttuns too.Keep this in mind, homeboy....

You are nothing but a skidmark on the underwear of life....nobody gives a flying fuck about what you think!

It is satisfying just knowing you're uncormfortable with this.....maybe you'll finally leave.

GAR
04-12-2010, 02:24 AM
.. says the muppetboy from Skidmark, IL.

I'm comfortable with the black being a placeholder.. before an orange-and-teal makeover!

Hitchworld reattachment surgery next OH YEAHH

Diamondjimi
04-12-2010, 02:36 AM
Fuck off, Shitheel !

hambon4lif
04-12-2010, 03:06 AM
[QUOTE=GAR;1448431].. says the muppetboy from Skidmark, IL.!/QUOTE] I'll re-iterate....nobody cares about what the fuck you think!!
You're nothing but a fucking jackass that's fucked up any kind of progress because you seem to think you have a sense of humor.....a full-on delusional FAIL!!
Even at DDLR, you were called out as the lying, piece-of-shit that you are.
Somewhere along the way, you must've thought you were funny...like Hitch....but you're not even close. You're just a douche-bag that got dealt a losing hand by life...so you figure you'd jump on a beat-up ten-speed to the nearest library and take it out on the world and everyone living in it.....that's the kind of cocksucker you are! You figure everybody's gotta pay for you being such a fucking LOSER!.....it ain't our fault, bitch! I ain't your daddy.....

Go on betraying peoples trust by giving out your assword, or giving mechanical advice by telling people to put fucking motor-oil in their gas tanks, or lying about fucking guitars or your knowledge of them.....you're a piece of shit.

You've spent the last 12 years trying to be a clown, but the only thing that's funny is your fucking LIFE! You're a joke, and you haven't made one fuck of a difference to anything you've wanted to be a part of......
......making you a webbie would make as much sense as putting spinners on a Ford Pinto.....afterall, like the Pinto, you've proven that one good ram in the rear and you'll explode.......
password-giving, patheological-lying motherfucker!
get fucked in your mouth with an AIDS-infested dick....you worthless trolling fuck!!

flappo
04-12-2010, 03:17 AM
shame aboot the hw© color scheme or lack of

back in black , eh ?

Panamark
04-12-2010, 04:06 AM
Why does everyone keep assuming this is the finished product ???
I thought it was well explained the various stages we need
to go through to get from point A to B.
We are somewhere in between, better than halfway !!
This is not the final visuals !!!!!!

GAR
04-12-2010, 04:11 AM
That's harsh, talkin bout my tenspeed like that.

Say you're sorry Hambon, because what if they do decide to "put spinners on this here Pinto"?

fryingdutchman
04-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Looking good!!

Any ETA on the "final" product?

Seshmeister
04-12-2010, 07:16 AM
It's going to be funny watching that tag cloud to see how often 'Van Halen' or 'Dave Lee Roth' are actually the biggest terms... :)

jero
04-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Looks great!

Northern Girl
04-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Seems we lost a couple days of posts??

Anonymous
04-12-2010, 09:19 AM
It's going to be funny watching that tag cloud to see how often 'Van Halen' or 'Dave Lee Roth' are actually the biggest terms... :)

They'll be the third & the second biggest tag in a couple of days, right after 'tranny dog sex'.

Anonymous
04-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Seems we lost a couple days of posts??

Apparently so.

Not to worry, though. I haven't posted much these last few days, so nothing important was lost.

Reverberator
04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Much , much better , I havent been able to log in the past few days , don't know why.

Anonymous
04-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Much , much better , I havent been able to log in the past few days , don't know why.

Well, apparently, along the way, they fucked up a little. Couple a days have been deleted.

If you ask me, I think Icon overdosed, forgot what he was doing & just pressed keys at random while a loose moraled lady of undisclosed race & location did unspeakable things to him.

Could've happened to anybody, really.

Anonymous
04-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Just noticed the green "donate" button.

I think it's a very good idea & should become a permanent fixture with that light, static highlight.

Easily noticeable without drawing too much attention & becoming annoying.

Now, one can easily donate when it's most convenient.

And with an option of as low as 5 bucks, there's really no excuse not to donate.

Hint for the freeloaders who'd do well to skip a beer to make a small 5 bucks donation: just imagine you're buying Sarge a beer. It's the least you can do, really,

Diamondjimi
04-12-2010, 02:38 PM
.. says the muppetboy from Skidmark, IL.! I'll re-iterate....nobody cares about what the fuck you think!!
You're nothing but a fucking jackass that's fucked up any kind of progress because you seem to think you have a sense of humor.....a full-on delusional FAIL!!
Even at DDLR, you were called out as the lying, piece-of-shit that you are.
Somewhere along the way, you must've thought you were funny...like Hitch....but you're not even close. You're just a douche-bag that got dealt a losing hand by life...so you figure you'd jump on a beat-up ten-speed to the nearest library and take it out on the world and everyone living in it.....that's the kind of cocksucker you are! You figure everybody's gotta pay for you being such a fucking LOSER!.....it ain't our fault, bitch! I ain't your daddy.....

Go on betraying peoples trust by giving out your assword, or giving mechanical advice by telling people to put fucking motor-oil in their gas tanks, or lying about fucking guitars or your knowledge of them.....you're a piece of shit.

You've spent the last 12 years trying to be a clown, but the only thing that's funny is your fucking LIFE! You're a joke, and you haven't made one fuck of a difference to anything you've wanted to be a part of......
......making you a webbie would make as much sense as putting spinners on a Ford Pinto.....afterall, like the Pinto, you've proven that one good ram in the rear and you'll explode.......
password-giving, patheological-lying motherfucker!
get fucked in your mouth with an AIDS-infested dick....you worthless trolling fuck!!

Well said. Too bad I don't have room in my siggy for it...

Guitar Shark
04-12-2010, 03:02 PM
The Steve Savicki happy birthday thread is gone. Diamondjimi, I will need you to post that "FAIL" picture again in this thread. Thank you.

MAX
04-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Fuck!!! This looks badass!!!

PETE'S BROTHER
04-12-2010, 03:19 PM
gettin' there, huh?:rockit2:

Diamondjimi
04-12-2010, 03:26 PM
The Steve Savicki happy birthday thread is gone. Diamondjimi, I will need you to post that "FAIL" picture again in this thread. Thank you.

As you wish... ;)

http://www.rotharmy.com/gallery/files/5/1/0/9/savicki_fail.jpg

Anonymous
04-12-2010, 03:32 PM
As you wish... ;)

http://www.rotharmy.com/gallery/files/5/1/0/9/savicki_fail.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Actually, I'm just quoting you so this can appear twice.

binnie
04-12-2010, 03:33 PM
The site looks sweeeeet!

Anonymous
04-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Shaddup & quote DJ.

Thank you.

Sarge
04-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Ok gang, I did about 7 hours worth of work today. I still have a few things to add.
Mezro and his team should be able to start soon on skinning the new design.

By the way, we lost 4 days of posts or so. The database crashed and the post table was dumped. We reinstalled the backup database.
Luckily, Conmme just backed it up a few days ago.

Breasts,

Sarge
04-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Known issues
Arcade: Needs color formatting
Gallery: Needs Color Formatting
Groan Button: There isn't a hack yet for this version of Vbulletin. It will return but it may be a few weeks. All the old groans are still there.

Sarge
04-12-2010, 04:45 PM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsatpomy
Top Posters of the month - year

Guitar Shark
04-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Known issues
Groan Button: There isn't a hack yet for this version of Vbulletin. It will return but it may be a few weeks.

Translation: GAR and Savicki get a reprieve of a few weeks.

Sarge
04-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Also, look at the top of the navagation
View your threads or posts

Mezro
04-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Ok gang, I did about 7 hours worth of work today. I still have a few things to add.
Mezro and his team should be able to start soon on skinning the new design.

Nice interim design Sarge. I am really liking the whole white on black look. Melton will be back from vacation later today. We should have an idea when the developer can start soon. Zap you an email when I know more.

Mezro...now back to taxes...sweet mother of god, I really fucking owe that much?...

conmee
04-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Brethren and Sistren,

I'm known for my DRUG USE©®™ and WHORING©®™.... and I do this without naming names... BUT©®™... I haven't been logged in since the redesign/reskin began, nor did I go Mezro on any posts... and I'm mildly perturbed that I'd posted more in the past week than I have in five years, and they are all gone. So to I_S's comment above, I demand a retraction and satisfaction, sir!

That is all.

Icon©®™

jhale667
04-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Brethren and Sistren,

I'm known for my DRUG USE©®™ and WHORING©®™....

You say that like it's a bad thing...

It's very ROCK,©® you know...and no, I don't mean that in the "Whoops, I need to grind this more" sense of the word...:lmao:

...you were on a roll, though...

:guitar:

Diamondjimi
04-13-2010, 01:26 AM
I don't like the black.

Who asked you? :shiznit:

Member #'s gone.

It's back, now STFU! :Loser:

GAR
04-13-2010, 02:11 AM
I am really liking the whole white on black look..

Hard to read on the laptop with the resolution set as high as Conmee. Not that my discumFART©™ is cuntSORDID®™ on this mixtape..

ZahZoo
04-13-2010, 08:18 AM
The sharp contrast works well... highlights the either you're with us or against us vibe... the yin/yang... the Dave/Spammy... the people vs the idiots/trolls... the humans vs the gar gunt...

Carry on...

Nickdfresh
04-13-2010, 09:55 AM
I dunno, but shit like this cracks me up:

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af152/conmee/Bitch.gif

Anonymous
04-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Brethren and Sistren,

I'm known for my DRUG USE©®™ and WHORING©®™.... and I do this without naming names... BUT©®™... I haven't been logged in since the redesign/reskin began, nor did I go Mezro on any posts... and I'm mildly perturbed that I'd posted more in the past week than I have in five years, and they are all gone. So to I_S's comment above, I demand a retraction and satisfaction, sir!

That is all.

Icon©®™

You are, of course, right. I truly am ashamed for the abuse of confidence I have displayed above & I sincerely & heartfeltedly apologize, sir.

I retract what I said, but should it be the case that you feel that is not enough, well, I guess it's pistols at dawn then.

Panamark
04-13-2010, 10:07 AM
So everyone understands there is a layer that wil be placed over this and
this is not the final look ?? good shit.............

ELVIS
04-13-2010, 11:19 AM
So everyone understands there is a layer that wil be placed over this and
this is not the final look ??

No, they refuse to read...

Rock on RITH ARMY!!!

:elvis:

conmee
04-13-2010, 02:59 PM
PM-

The LAYER©®™ you speak of will never heal the wounds I have INCURRED©®™ as a result of loss of posts...

That is all.

Icon©®™

Reverberator
04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Your postage© was of Significance , but only if applied to the dimensions©®™ of a postage stamp.

That is not all.

OR©®™ is it?

Panamark
04-14-2010, 12:58 AM
PM-

The LAYER©®™ you speak of will never heal the wounds I have INCURRED©®™ as a result of loss of posts...

That is all.

Icon©®™

Yeah ??? I noticed we were all down, I think I lost 100-200.
But you were posting like a man posessed. No fucking justice I tell ya !!!

Good posts too, caused many beer snortles.

I feel your pain.

GAR
04-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Simple Solution #1: hang out more often.

Solution #2: reattach Hitchworld and merge The Dump threads as the placeholders they always wuz.

- notice I didn't say #2 was simple, however there are four Dumpmeister mods to do the job. So we need to hire four more to the tune of eight total to get 'er done.

GAR
04-14-2010, 02:40 AM
MEXZERO:

I bequeath all my earthly Winnebago's possesions to you if you will JUST lead my people home!

Lead my people to freedom. Teh wandering jews of the innertgnat.. must.. come home.

Hitch, Alleycat, Tires, everyone must come back. Like the poop to the but!

I will donate under this condition.

fryingdutchman
04-14-2010, 05:40 AM
Maybe it's just my 40 year old eyes starting to go, but perhaps the default font size could be a bit bigger? Maybe a "3" or a "4" perhaps?

Northern Girl
04-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Maybe it's just my 40 year old eyes starting to go, but perhaps the default font size could be a bit bigger? Maybe a "3" or a "4" perhaps?

4 is pretty big. I believe that is what I used in my sig. If you are using Internet Explorer you can change the font size permanently on your computer so you see everything larger wherever you go. Go under View and change text size. I don't see that option on Firefox.

fryingdutchman
04-14-2010, 08:01 AM
I hear ya Northern. Prob is that making that change results in REALLY big text at every other website I visit.

Not sure what it is with the redesign here at the Army, but the text just looks really small. Maybe it's the black on white contrast drawing my attention to it more than usual.

4 is a bit large, but I think a 3 would do the trick as the default size.\

Regardless, it's exciting to see all of the new designs and other changes coming down!!

Keep it up, Webbies! You're doing an outstanding job.:baaa:

DavidLeeNatra
04-14-2010, 08:05 AM
I hear ya Northern. Prob is that making that change results in REALLY big text at every other website I visit.

Not sure what it is with the redesign here at the Army, but the text just looks really small. Maybe it's the black on white contrast drawing my attention to it more than usual.

4 is a bit large, but I think a 3 would do the trick as the default size.\

Regardless, it's exciting to see all of the new designs and other changes coming down!!

Keep it up, Webbies! You're doing an outstanding job.:baaa:

it's annoying to read white on black...

Panamark
04-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Do you find black on white better Natra ?
Or perhaps black on grey ?
We are all just pissin around here as this place will look even more different
over the coming weeks... I love black as the dominant background, but would
prefer a black on white/grey type deal for the actual posts....
Much like this box I am typing into now ? lol...

fryingdutchman
04-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Do you find black on white better Natra ?
Or perhaps black on grey ?
We are all just pissin around here as this place will look even more different
over the coming weeks... I love black as the dominant background, but would
prefer a black on white/grey type deal for the actual posts....
Much like this box I am typing into now ? lol...

I'm with Natra on the colors. Black on white, white on black...it may be too much contrast.

I don't want to make too many critiques though, because I know it's not nearly done yet.

But something a little less "harsh" would be helpful Markie. And if y'all don't increase the default font size bigger than what I'm typing now, would you consider setting bold type as the default?

Oh..and what happened to the "custom titles" that used to show up under the user names?

Panamark
04-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Actually the astute observers will notice the little things reappearing
day by day... Im sure the custom title is not far away :)
Look we got so far behind theres a lot of bridging to do to get what
we want, it will be worth it once completed. Its been a lot of work
for Sarge, Conmee and Mr Vbulletin thus far... I cant take any
credit other than some $$$ support, I suck at Database stuff....
I can write applications, but at this point that aint helping nobody..
So sit back Roth n Roll Champions, its unfolding right in front of
your naked steaming eyes !!

Panamark
04-14-2010, 09:06 AM
The speed of the place is something that has really improved after
the second wave of tinkering. Anyone else noticing that ??

ELVIS
04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Mais oui !!

:elvis:

Cato
04-14-2010, 09:52 AM
where's your body ELVIS? :elvis:

ELVIS
04-14-2010, 10:08 AM
It's too fat to keep up...

Anonymous
04-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Really?

I always figured that it was your HEAD that's fat.

Sarge
04-14-2010, 03:08 PM
I will look into the custom title thing. I didn't notice that.
I don't plan on bringing back hitchworld, unless member #2 shows back up here and starts posting again.
Breasts,

Reverberator
04-14-2010, 03:21 PM
I will look into the custom title thing. I didn't notice that.
I don't plan on bringing back hitchworld, unless member #2 shows back up here and starts posting again.
Breasts,

I agree .... Revworld will do:)

conmee
04-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Hitchman©®™ has other FISH©®™ to fry and he's passed the torch to HITCH1996©®™ anyhow. He may show up on occasion, but I believe he's entered a new PLANE©®™ of existence.

That is all.

Icon©®™

P.S. On the other hand Black on White©®™ makes good porn.

Sarge
04-14-2010, 04:09 PM
I think I fixed the custom usernames?
Were they like that before?

ThrillsNSpills
04-14-2010, 04:27 PM

I think they were gone but they're back now.

A Hitchrant would be a good thing if he could be persuaded back.

Northern Girl
04-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Can you Left Align them?

Anonymous
04-14-2010, 04:58 PM

Seems ok to me...

Diamondjimi
04-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Excellent!

Mezro
04-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Quick update: talking to Melton tonight at 8. We select the developer and find out when they can start. From there, Sarge approves the choice, I send him our global nav document, he gives us the thumbs up, pays the developer, and it is off to production.

Mezro...heading for the promised land...

Mezro
04-14-2010, 05:04 PM
P.S. On the other hand Black on White©®™ makes good porn.

Mezro...so does Yellow on White...

Mezro
04-14-2010, 05:07 PM
MEXZERO:

Mezro...so sorry, I only respond to Ron Mexico...

Mezro
04-14-2010, 05:12 PM
The speed of the place is something that has really improved after
the second wave of tinkering. Anyone else noticing that ??

I notice it right now.

Mezro...this place is moving like my bowels after dinner at Gordo Taqueria...

Sarge
04-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Can you Left Align them?

They look left aligned to me?

Sarge
04-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Ok I put them under the avatar. I think they look miuch better under there.

jhale667
04-14-2010, 05:41 PM
...Not sure they're all back yet? :confused:

Ah, position shift...never mind. :)

Northern Girl
04-14-2010, 05:57 PM
They look left aligned to me?

Sorry, they look fine at home on my widescreen. I was at work where I use dual monitors and sometimes things get a little hinky on the one.

Sarge
04-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Dear Roth Army,
We are making progress. Here is a list of changes.

Upgraded to vbulletin 4.0
Upgraded the photopost image gallery (They are on a beta version that needs some work. I am going to have to upgrade later.
Upgraded the blogs, which caused us to lose all the old blog entries. (Sorry)
Skinned the forum to a more pleasing color. If you don't like the current version, my apologies. It is much better than the blue and purple we had for the last 1.5 years. Before that we were offline for 9 months. This is the best the place has looked since 2007.

Installed these plugins:
1. AMP Auto Tagger 1.0.1 Automatically Tags Threads with Titles
2. Everywhere Sidebar 1.1.4 This mod will show the sidebar everywhere in the forum if the sidebar is enabled by the administrator (I disabled this on showthread.php because it was too busy looking)
3. Replace the vBulletin Default Quick Reply and Edit With Full Quick reply And Edit Box With Smilies.
4. Post Thank You Hack
5. Member number under avatar.
6. Custom title under avatar.
7. Separate Sticky and Normal Threads
8. Auto Reply in the fan intro forum by Sarge's Little Helper
9. Paypal donate system / donor tags
10. Top posters of the month/year
11. View your threads and posts (look in the navigation bar)
12. Top posters of the month/year
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsatpomy
13. View donations
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/misc.php?do=donlist
14. The view new posts that updates every 15 seconds (look upper left navigation bar)
15. Arcade
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/arcade.php

Upcoming:
Mezro and Melton will turn over a new forum design and a developer will skin the forums.
A return of the rest of the main website to include interviews, biography, lyrics, etc
I am thinking about installing a chat

Hopefully this will be a complete website again. Thanks to those who have supported us over the past 11 years.

Breasts,

Sarge,
ROTHARMY.COM

Susie Q
04-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Sarge, this site looks bangin'. You guys have done a great job. Like the Logo a lot too! Kudos to whoever designed that.

fryingdutchman
04-15-2010, 05:19 AM

Thank you Sarge!

I have to say that you and the webbies are a HOUSE ON FIRE right now with all of these changes.

Thanks again for all you do for us.

conmee
04-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Fry,

Speaking of ON FIRE©®™ and FRYING©®™ you shoulda' seen the fatty boom batty Sarge lit up the other night! Some crazy ass Italian herb... Marijuanara©®™ style...

That is all.

Icon©®™

hideyoursheep
04-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Using the quote function seems to draw a 15 yard penalty of empty black box. :umm:

Panamark
04-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Using the quote function seems to draw a 15 yard penalty of empty black box. :umm:
Testes 123 on Reply with Quote

Panamark
04-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Hey typing in the text boxes (like quick reply) is slow as fuck in IE8, but perfect in Firefox.... ???
So far I have tried IE6, IE8 and Firefox (mozilla) this site so far runs the best in Firefox (at
least in the land down under..)

Panamark
04-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Sarge,

Love the drunk spelling alerter tool ! That squiggly red line under incorrect spelling is mighty fine :)

flappo
04-15-2010, 08:55 AM
when's my forum going back to abnormal ?

Panamark
04-15-2010, 09:01 AM
I think your answer is 1 or 2 pages back in this thread...........

(As posted by Sarge)

Panamark
04-15-2010, 09:55 AM
If not, it seems Sarge will bring back Hitchworld if member no 2 actually
returns... (A Sgt Slingblade quotation)

ELVIS
04-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Sarge, this site looks bangin'. You guys have done a great job. Like the Logo a lot too! Kudos to whoever designed that.

I don't...

Looks like RITH ARMY with a Hulk Hogan face...

:biggrin:

Seshmeister
04-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Somewhere someone just spat out their wheatgrass and threw a canapé at the screen in anger...

Sarge
04-15-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't...

Provide me with a better one and I will use it.
Breasts,
Sarge

PETE'S BROTHER
04-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Breasts,
Sarge

your avatar:baaa:

Sarge
04-15-2010, 03:56 PM
your avatar:baaa:

My avatar is the inspiration for the logo
:)

Anonymous
04-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Breasts,
Sarge

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/4905/animate.gif

PETE'S BROTHER
04-15-2010, 06:37 PM
does anybody else get sent to the top of the page after they thank somebody for their post? happens to me and it is annoying. (whimper)

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 07:11 PM
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/4905/animate.gif

A little too Sigfreid and Roy... Thanks for playing... :biggrin:

does anybody else get sent to the top of the page after they thank somebody for their post? happens to me and it is annoying. (whimper)

Very annoying indeed...

Seshmeister
04-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Sarge,

Love the drunk spelling alerter tool ! That squiggly red line under incorrect spelling is mighty fine :)

That's your browser doing that you silly upside down man. :)

twonabomber
04-15-2010, 07:25 PM
I don't...

so make the mask bigger...

Anonymous
04-15-2010, 07:40 PM

Should I make it yellow, then? Pink, maybe? It's more MANLY.

Yep. Dunno about the other browsers, but Opera has had a built in spell checker for quite a few months, now.

The good thing is that even whilst pissed blind, I can still make a coherent post, provided the words CAN follow one another logically.

The bad thing is that posts that would be excusable with a shit load of spelling errors - "Oh look, he's drunk. REALLY drunk." - aren't when posted without hardly an error on them.

Quod erat demonstratum in P.'s post...

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Should I make it yellow, then? Pink, maybe? It's more MANLY.

Only kidding buddy! ;)

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Breasts,
Sarge

How about something like this?...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/RothArmylogomodbyDiamondjim-2010.jpg

chefcraig
04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Breasts,
Sarge

How about this (or a variation of it), for the sake of nostalgia?

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1266/arotharmy.jpg (http://img64.imageshack.us/i/arotharmy.jpg/)

kwame k
04-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Love the dog tag logo, too :beers8:

Panamark
04-15-2010, 08:13 PM

Hmmm ??? Strange how it never did it before. But in the sober light of day, yes yes, you are correct.

I will just have to thank Sarge for our real Drunk Alerter tool, Seshmeister !! :)

Guitar Shark
04-15-2010, 08:49 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/RothArmylogomodbyDiamondjim-2010.jpg

I like this.

conmee
04-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

I think I'm leaning toward the blue glitter option, not sure if we run into copyright/legal issues using DLR's actual visage in a logo like that.

That is all.

Icon©®™

Seshmeister
04-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

I think I'm leaning toward the blue glitter option, not sure if we run into copyright/legal issues using DLR's actual visage in a logo like that.

That is all.

Icon©®™

I don't think a face can be copyrighted otherwise Bette Midler could have sued Sammy Hagar years ago.

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 10:35 PM

How about this (or a variation of it), for the sake of nostalgia?

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1266/arotharmy.jpg (http://img64.imageshack.us/i/arotharmy.jpg/)

"Meet us in the future not the pasture..." David Lee Roth -2007 ;)

conmee
04-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Sesh,

The US of A isn't the Wild Wild Scot Hinterlands... we have lawyers up the WAZOO©®™ here to protect the republic as well as peoples' visages. And with most celebrities being BRANDS©®™ these days, using their likeness in a brand or corporate identity is certainly RED MEAT©®™ dangled before the SALIVATING©®™ maw of our legal system. We can splash his likeness all about, but if anyone on DLR's staff is related in any way to Sharon Osbourne, well, we'd have a legal battle on our hands. Just sayin'...

That is all.

Icon©®™

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Well, on a positive note we aren't selling anything or profiting from his likeness. Plenty of fan sites use images of the artist on their pages. The only one I recall making a fuss is Prince.
I think Dave would be proud of this site... :D

chefcraig
04-15-2010, 11:16 PM
"Meet us in the future not the pasture..." David Lee Roth -2007 ;)

Uh-huh. And that little phrase has gotten us where presently in 2010? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Rolleye-Smileys/)

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/284/avantcv.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/i/avantcv.jpg/)

Panamark
04-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Dave hasn't taken me to court over my Avatar, in fact there's a lot of Dave Avatars here.
Free advertising for him I reckon. AS DJ said its not like we are using the graphic to sell
stuff ? What about the Van Halen store ? They have VH faces, and they are making a profit.
Or were they "approved" by VH inc ?

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Uh-huh. And that little phrase has gotten us where presently in 2010? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Rolleye-Smileys/)

This... (http://www.evhgear.com/)

conmee
04-15-2010, 11:22 PM
DJ-

True, we can splash his visage all around. But are the artists prominently featured in the actual logo of the sites you refer to? I mean by definition we could copyright our Roth Army logo, but we can't copyright his likeness if it's in there, and it could be inferred that he endorses the site. And unless we get his actual endorsement, we could, however UNLIKELY©®™, get a call. Here are some guidelines that I just found on the Interwebs...

I think even VH Links at one point got a call from Edward's representatives years ago about a previous logo which, if memory serves, was Ed's Frankenstrat more or less with VH Forums on it.

I'm no lawyer, and I'm probably just being paranoid, what with all the BLOW©®™ and WHORES©®™ I contend with... don't mind me...

A. It depends on the use.
1. A news or commentary related project -- perhaps Time magazine on CD-ROM would probably not require a permission under the First Amendment and/or Fair Use exemptions.
B. There are two important considerations here.
1. Right of Publicity: One is a celebrity's right of publicity -- the right to control the use of one's name or likeness (or any person's right of privacy);
2. Copyright: The other is the copyright protection of a particular photo in which a celebrity or other individual appears.
C. Public Figures are not Public Property: Many people assume that public figures are public property, but this is not the case.
1. Advertising; Commercial Use - not okay: You absolutely cannot use anyone's image, celebrity or not, for any advertisement or endorsement without permission.
D. Use of Exact Image: The image doesn't even have to be a celebrity's exact likeness to be considered an infringement.

That is all.

Icon©®™

conmee
04-15-2010, 11:24 PM
PM-

Yeah, but avatars around here aren't the branded identity of a site, with the brand being associated with the business, or in this case the forums, and the possibility of said©®™ use of DLR visage in said©®™ logo being considered an unfair use of said©®™ visage for the purpose of driving more traffic or implying some sort of official status on said©®™ site.

That is all.

Icon©®™

conmee
04-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, won't pretend to be one. But I was ENGAGED©®™ to one and seriously, this is the way in which these SHARKS©®™ (i.e. LAWYERS©®™) think about shit. Kid you not. I think it's a great logo, in all seriousness, and the worst that could possibly happen is we probably get told to change it somewhere down the line, but I've been LEGALLY TRAMATIZED©®™ and BRUTALIZED©®™ and the REWARD THE WHORE©®™ justice system really sticks with a person, ya know?

That is all.

Icon©®™

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 11:30 PM
DJ-

True, we can splash his visage all around. But are the artists prominently featured in the actual logo of the sites you refer to? I mean by definition we could copyright our Roth Army logo, but we can't copyright his likeness if it's in there, and it could be inferred that he endorses the site. And unless we get his actual endorsement, we could, however UNLIKELY©®™, get a call. Here are some guidelines that I just found on the Interwebs...

I think even VH Links at one point got a call from Edward's representatives years ago about a previous logo which, if memory serves, was Ed's Frankenstrat more or less with VH Forums on it.

I'm no lawyer, and I'm probably just being paranoid, what with all the BLOW©®™ and WHORES©®™ I contend with... don't mind me...

A. It depends on the use.
1. A news or commentary related project -- perhaps Time magazine on CD-ROM would probably not require a permission under the First Amendment and/or Fair Use exemptions.
B. There are two important considerations here.
1. Right of Publicity: One is a celebrity's right of publicity -- the right to control the use of one's name or likeness (or any person's right of privacy);
2. Copyright: The other is the copyright protection of a particular photo in which a celebrity or other individual appears.
C. Public Figures are not Public Property: Many people assume that public figures are public property, but this is not the case.
1. Advertising; Commercial Use - not okay: You absolutely cannot use anyone's image, celebrity or not, for any advertisement or endorsement without permission.
D. Use of Exact Image: The image doesn't even have to be a celebrity's exact likeness to be considered an infringement.

That is all.

Icon©®™

Now if this logo is chosen by the consensus as the "one" (hypothetically) how difficult might it be to contact the man or people for their approval?
Is he hard to reach? (I've never tried). Azoff Mgmt.?

Anonymous
04-15-2010, 11:31 PM
It looks like Rath Army.

conmee
04-15-2010, 11:36 PM
DJ-

If the consensus is to use it, probably just easier to start using it and wait for the possible call to change it. I mean, why should we jump through all the hoops, that's what LAWYERS©®™ are for. Let them come to OUR HOUSE©®™ and defend their client's visage... Down with COPYRIGHT©®™ and PATENT©®™ laws I say!!!!

That is all.

Icon©®™

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Hey, isn't Guitar Shark a lawyer?

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 11:39 PM
It looks like Rath Army.

YOu're staring at it aren't you?! :biggrin:

I didn't want to stretch his head wider or people might think it's Tubby McHagar! ;)

chefcraig
04-15-2010, 11:49 PM

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-happy-smileys-291.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Party-Smileys/)Friend, a little warning first, OK? There goes a good mouthful of Mountain Dew on the keys. Ya fucking bastard. :lol:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3763/atiger.gif (http://img132.imageshack.us/i/atiger.gif/)

Anonymous
04-15-2010, 11:52 PM
I may suck at Photoshop, but 15 bob says this is the best logo you've ever seen.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8212/armyc.jpg

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Now it looks like ROOTH Army!!! :lmao:

Nice work dude!:biggrin:

Anonymous
04-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Bah, you're just jealous 'coz you haven't thought of it first. :)

Diamondjimi
04-16-2010, 12:12 AM

Blackflag
04-16-2010, 12:16 AM
I don't like it. Wasn't the old site gray? White on black doesn't work, and I can't even see some of the black buttons in the reply bar.

I don't like how "reply with quote" gives me like 3 lines underneath the old post.

And the logo sucks cock. What happened to the old logo?

Anonymous
04-16-2010, 12:17 AM
I don't like it. Wasn't the old site gray? White on black doesn't work, and I can't even see some of the black buttons in the reply bar.

And the logo sucks cock. What happened to the old logo?

Nobody asked yer opinion, Blackfag.

Now go away.

Blackflag
04-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Well, I'm giving it. Get used to it.

Little Texan
04-16-2010, 12:37 AM
Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope. Sarge has been working hard on this site the past few weeks to make it look kickass for us, and has been doing a great job so far, I might add, and all a select few want to do is nitpick and complain about the smallest, little, insignificant details. This is not even the final design, but I think it looks awesome...much better than the plain, boring blue and white shit we had here for so long.

jhale667
04-16-2010, 12:40 AM
:lmao: "Rooth Army"...

I like the new look of the place so far...

Panamark
04-16-2010, 01:03 AM
ROOTH ARMY ??

LOL...

Icon, I've been sued by an ex, and married into a legal family.
I totally hear ya... If we were worth something, then I would worry more.
I think given that we are a fan site that the worst that would happen would
be an order to remove graphic. Heck Warner's as you know did similar to us.
I bet if we were worth some big dollars those Sharkies would be onto us
like flies to a shit covered blanket !!!!!

conmee
04-16-2010, 01:58 AM
PM-

That's not very webbie-in-waiting-like©®™ to tell thousands of registered fans they aren't worth anything... time-out for you! ;)

That is all.

Icon©®™