PDA

View Full Version : I got a gut feeling...

rothdaddy
03-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Tomorrow is April 1st. Wouldn't it be fitting for Van Halen to make an announcement about an upcoming summer tour and album? People would be like "That can't be real. Just some April Fools Day joke. Ed is too busy selling sneakers and guitar equipment. Wasn't Wolf just in a Doritos commercial?" Just a thought.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-31-2010, 01:19 PM
"I got a gut feeling..."

just take some pepto;)

VAiN
03-31-2010, 01:42 PM
That would require an insane amount of effort on behalf of the fuckwit sisters... you know- telling ed's whore of a wife to type up a release...

Antman
03-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if Dave announced he's left VH-again? 25 years to the date? Again?

Antman
03-31-2010, 01:54 PM
I used to have gut feelings, like coming home on my 30th b day to a surprise party which never happened. Or my 40th, which never happened. So to wish for anything from VH is just that-wishful thinking. Could happen, but probably won't. No use losing sleep. Life will go on. Maybe I'll have a birthday party someday.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-31-2010, 02:05 PM
I used to have gut feelings, like coming home on my 30th b day to a surprise party which never happened. Or my 40th, which never happened. So to wish for anything from VH is just that-wishful thinking. Could happen, but probably won't. No use losing sleep. Life will go on. Maybe I'll have a birthday party someday.

but, you're only 39, right?:hee:

chefcraig
03-31-2010, 02:05 PM
That would require an insane amount of effort on behalf of the fuckwit sisters... you know- telling ed's whore of a wife to type up a release...

Theoretically, wouldn't you have to teach her to type first? For that matter, some remedial classes in sentence structure would be a good idea as well, judging from some of the borderline incoherence, general ineptitude and downright nebulousness of her other press releases.

Antman
03-31-2010, 02:17 PM
but, you're only 39, right?:hee:

No, I'm 40. 41 in June. I know my profile says 39, I just never bothered to fix it. If I was going to lie about my age, I'd say I was like 24 or something, but then no one would believe me when I say I saw VH in 1984. Now when I meet a girl in a bar, that's a different story ;)

conmee
03-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Damn, Antman, you nearly brought a tear to my eye... what the fuck kind of friends and family and woman do you have that you don't ever get a bday party?!?!?

Happy Birthday In Advance!

That is all.

Icon

sadaist
03-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if Dave announced he's left VH-again? 25 years to the date? Again?

Not really an anniversary I care to celebrate. I'm sure it's on Sammy's calendar though. That was the date that his future fortunes were about to change big time. Dude hit the fucking lottery. That's fine & all. But now that he has his money, I just wish he would shut his trap about Van Halen except to say congrats to them on the successful 07/08 tour.

Antman
03-31-2010, 02:25 PM
To me bdays are nothing special. Christ, half my friends don't even know when it is. I never make a big deal of it maybe that's why. But thanks for the wishes in advance!

binnie
03-31-2010, 02:26 PM
This would require Ed to have a sense of humour.

He had a humour by-pass circa 1985, so it is doubtful that any such announcement will be made.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-31-2010, 02:28 PM
i'm afraid the wifey is cookin' up some big deal for my 40th in may.:biggrin:

Va Beach VH Fan
03-31-2010, 02:53 PM

Wash your mouth out with soap, don't even joke about that....

Satan
03-31-2010, 03:03 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tRcsu5Rkl3E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tRcsu5Rkl3E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Bill Lumbergh
03-31-2010, 03:23 PM
These threads are just becoming sadder and sadder. It used to be funny to talk about all of Ed's mountains of "unused material", and speculate on whether he was actually doing something...... or sitting on his ass drinking, noodling on the guitar, while watching "Cheers".....the wasted time is just unbelievable at this point, and now Dave is being dragged into it. Hope you enjoyed that tour folks, cuz it's gonna be a while before you get anything else....other than 15 Guitar World interviews with Ed, having nothing to do with the future of VH or anything about making music, outside of a vague comment or 2 about "jamming with Alex and Wolfie, and man it's HOT!"

sadaist
03-31-2010, 04:00 PM
.other than 15 Guitar World interviews with Ed, having nothing to do with the future of VH or anything about making music, outside of a vague comment or 2 about "jamming with Alex and Wolfie, and man it's HOT!"

Ed must tell them beforehand not to ask anything about the future of the band or Roth. Obviously they comply because they don't want to blow their chances at future interviews and slapping him on the cover.

I would just love to see a new interview with 10 real questions answered honestly. If nothing is happening, say so. If Dave is out, say so. If an album is afoot, for the love of God say so.

Bill Lumbergh
03-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Ed must tell them beforehand not to ask anything about the future of the band or Roth. Obviously they comply because they don't want to blow their chances at future interviews and slapping him on the cover.

I would just love to see a new interview with 10 real questions answered honestly. If nothing is happening, say so. If Dave is out, say so. If an album is afoot, for the love of God say so.

Exactly. There has to be some kind of stipulations. "You can only ask me about my latest gear, and I'll make some vague comment now and then about having a blast with Wolfie and Alex, and how this is only the beginning and other such bullshit"....though I know Ed wouldnt speak that coherently.

ZahZoo
04-01-2010, 08:06 AM
These threads are just becoming sadder and sadder.

Depression... it's not just for breakfast anymore!!

Panamark
04-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Conmee can post ??? Fuck ????
And a goodie poster at that !!!
What was with the 10 year wait ?? :biggrin:

April 1 Oz time and your gut feeling was wrong....

2011 next tour, DLR, Classics and the new stuff ;)
With a CVH DVD release in 2010

(Thats my wish, not confirmed)

VAiN
04-01-2010, 09:49 AM
2011 next tour, DLR, Classics and the new stuff ;)
With a CVH DVD release in 2010

(Thats my wish, not confirmed)

You know, that would actually work... release a sweet DVD with old stuff... maybe go nuts and package with with some 08 material. That creates interest, and bam! Release an album in early 2011 and I'm singing along to Ice Cream Man in June. Sounds easy enough, right?

binnie
04-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Nothing is easy in Van Halen world........

rothdaddy
04-01-2010, 12:42 PM
So my gut feeling was wrong. Normally is. I thought with Irving "Ass-off" making an announcement last year about a VH 2010 tour meant that we would be getting a summer tour. Wishful thinking I guess.