X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kittykat1999
    Roth Army Recruit
    • May 2009

Cleaned Up Fresno Footage on You Tube

Is anyone else as excited as I am about the cleaned up Fresno footage hitting YouTube? More importantly, Is anyone putting together an awesome dvd of the latest Youtube finds in high quality? If so, where? Trade? Pleasse? :0

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.
  • Cato
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

yes I'm excited as well.
    I heard some members on VH trading are working on it. they caught a guy who filmed those shows(Fresno 78/79).
    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• jero
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

In a wheelchair!

from www.vhnd.com

As it turns out, Johnson had several years of experience recording audio at multiple shows and he had a brilliant method of achieving his goal. His trick? He rigged up a wheelchair with his equipment and was allowed early access to the arena! “The nice thing about Selland Arena,” he recounts, “was that if you went through the handicapped entrance we always were allowed in early enough to see the soundchecks. And most of the time, with the arena completely empty!”

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
        Sniper
        • Oct 2009

Yeah, i've heard about it and watched a few. The thing is though, the sound's a few milliseconds off and the picture quality isn't much better than the originals. I have a copy of both the 78 and 79 shows on DVD. Got them through the Early Days I and II DVDs over at JamToThis.
        Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
          Yeah, i've heard about it and watched a few. The thing is though, the sound's a few milliseconds off and the picture quality isn't much better than the originals. I have a copy of both the 78 and 79 shows on DVD.
          This is an upgrade over what you currently have.. the DVD will be speed corrected and cleaned up...
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• rothdaddy
            Groupie
            • Sep 2004

Not sure if the speed will be corrected. The speed on the posted youtube clips are a little on the slow side, giving roth a deeper voice.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

This is fucking cool!

Is this the same guy who was legendary for pulling the wheelchair trick all through the 70s in SoCal?

I have a shitload of well-known boots that guy recorded....Led Zep at the Forum over 8 nights or some shit, Pink Floyd, etc.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Fookin brilliant idea!
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                  Sniper
                  • Oct 2009

Yeah, it was a brilliant idea! Too bad nobody can do that nowadays.
                  Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• jero
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Now we got phones with really good cameras.

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by rothdaddy
                      Not sure if the speed will be corrected. The speed on the posted youtube clips are a little on the slow side, giving roth a deeper voice.
                      That can be easily fixed, I have pitch correction software tools here, or even just speed the clip up
                      in a video editor.... No probs....
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• rothdaddy
                        Groupie
                        • Sep 2004

Wow Panamark thanks for insulting me. I never asked how the speed of the film could be corrected. As both an owner and user of Final Cut Studio I know that the speed of clips can be adjusted. My guess is that the footage was shot at 18 frames per second. At 18 FPS you could film 33 minutes and 20 seconds of footage. Therefor you get more footage with less film stock used.

Comment

Working...