• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blaze
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Psychological Damaging Dreams (REMs)

What dreams strike you?

The last one like this I did not like the Sammy interference with the channel direction.

We all have Um REMs occurrences.
    What is yours or can you insight an REM?

Here is the dream I just woke from that rings this topic to the forefront again.

This by means was not the weirdest dream of the set, just the easiest to explain.

I was in my police car alone. I was preparing to enter a roadway from an parking area. The area I was leaving had some of the dream-scape I mentioned that was to difficult to describe.

Traffic was passing. I notice this motorcycle. It looks like it is on a path for me and it is. The motorcycle hits my passenger side door. It appears to hit full throttle. It pops the window. I had the car locked up for security purposes ( I was freaked out from where I just left). The guy on the motorcycle hops off his motorcycle, like the crash was planned to pop my window. He starts rummaging through my car. I am concerned. I have objects that are classified. The motorcycle driver shines a flash light in my eyes and says "I have a gun. Take this." I can't see what it is because of the light. I think is it poison? Am I to eat it? What is it in his hand? I try to shield my eyes so I can see what is in his hand. He repeats he has a gun. I decide it is too complicate a dream and attempt to wake; And I wake. Earlier, I had attempted to wake and could not, I had to change the dream to exit the earlier events.

Any insight? for anyone? Hell if you are not a member sigh in give some insight up.

Discuss~
    Last edited by Blaze; 04-13-2010, 12:11 AM.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    sigpic
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Although I'm NOT an expert in dream psychosis...
    I believe your dream is telling you that you may want to give up hallucinogens and alcohol and focus on a life of sobriety...
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w2luRC1TKdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w2luRC1TKdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

None of this!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Probably nothing more than a sense of danger over something much smaller. The ones right before we wake up are the most vivid, and have a sense of reality to them that is hard to shake. I had one a few weeks ago where my best friend was murdered and that one was very real for a while after I woke up - upsetting - and then stayed with me for a few days. Made me very uneasy, but it's fairly clear that I was concerned that I was losing my friend in some way. While it's fascinating to try and figure them out, and to try and bridge the gap between the two "realities" - it's probably best to not dwell on them and get on with things.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
          Although I'm NOT an expert in dream psychosis...
          I believe your dream is telling you that you may want to give up hallucinogens and alcohol and focus on a life of sobriety...
          You first!
          "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
          sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
            Probably nothing more than a sense of danger over something much smaller. The ones right before we wake up are the most vivid, and have a sense of reality to them that is hard to shake. I had one a few weeks ago where my best friend was murdered and that one was very real for a while after I woke up - upsetting - and then stayed with me for a few days. Made me very uneasy, but it's fairly clear that I was concerned that I was losing my friend in some way. While it's fascinating to try and figure them out, and to try and bridge the gap between the two "realities" - it's probably best to not dwell on them and get on with things.
            Oh, that sucks for a dream. And I see why one like that could linger. This one by no means was that bad, just a bit odd. I really apologize to you, I had forgotten that some people have real nightmares.
            I wrote the title as a lark. And me being of my nature like analysis, I thought others would like the shrink angle too..

About your dream, If you were not the one murdering your best friend, then it was outside forces taking your friend. Or something not of your control possibly.

REMs can make some of the best songs. One of the best reasons to sleep is for the dreams. I used to really get into lucid dreaming. I was pretty good at it.

In the other part of the dream I was being annoyed by almost quite literary an asterisk. Nothing really bad, just pesky like a bad child and over bearing or enveloping like a gnat or mosquito. that is horrible description of it. It was quite odd.

Last night mine was about my fingers. They had not had electricity (not quite electricity more like energy) in a long time. And I was trying to build a device to make the proper vibrations, so my fingers could hear.
            sigpic

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Blaze
              The motorcycle driver shines a flash light in my eyes and says "I have a gun. Take this." I can't see what it is because of the light. I think is it poison? Am I to eat it? What is it in his hand? I try to shield my eyes so I can see what is in his hand. He repeats he has a gun.

Any insight? for anyone? Hell if you are not a member sigh in give some insight up.

Discuss~
              if he was handing you a copy of 5150, this would make a lot more sense.
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I have the "school" dream repeatedly. The one where I either haven't gone to class all semester, or it's the day of the final and I have no idea where or what time it is, and CERTAINLY haven't studied for it. There is a grain of truth in all of that.

Then there's the one where I get into a complete fucking rage at somebody and open my mouth to yell and nothing comes out but squeaks and rasping as I can feel my throat refusing to make any sound. Feels like being strangled. Gee that's not too fucking hard to analyze - although I recently had one where I actually did scream at somebody and called them many horrible names including a cunt. Fucking cunt, I think.

Oh dear.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

I recently had one where I actually did scream at somebody and called them many horrible names including a cunt. Fucking cunt, I think.
                  You ??

No way!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I DID! But it was only a dream. Same as writing it here. Not spoken out loud.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Anonymous
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

Then there's the one where I get into a complete fucking rage at somebody and open my mouth to yell and nothing comes out but squeaks and rasping as I can feel my throat refusing to make any sound. Feels like being strangled. Gee that's not too fucking hard to analyze - although I recently had one where I actually did scream at somebody and called them many horrible names including a cunt. Fucking cunt, I think.
                      Well, like you said, that one isn't that hard to analyse. And neither is the second part, if you'll think about it. You finally DID scream at someone & it was right here, remember?

I guess attacking Suckadicki did make you feel good enough that your subconscious was finally able to get that scream out in your dreams.

Now you have to thank him for it. And then, because of that, you'll go back to the nightmares.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Yeah but screaming on the Interweb is not the same as having it literally come out of your mouth. I'll get there one day. Maybe today as a matter of fact.

In the meantime, has anybody ever had a dream that was SO GOOD you didn't want to wake up? And yes of course, the sexual ones come to mind, but there are other kinds too.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Blaze
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Oh, yea. I have had those. When you don't want to wake up try to grab onto something or start talking to someone in the dream. It don't always work. but sometimes it does. You might wake up a little bit, but usually go right back into the dream. What annoys me is when I go to sleep in my dreams. I have yet to see those dreams.
                          sigpic

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

I am sure that I must dream, but I very rarely remember any of them. Maybe once every 3 or 4 months I can actually recal a dream.....
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I once had a dream within a dream within a dream. I don't know what I was on, but it was really fucked up, and I've never had another one like it since. Most of the dreams I have are abstract and just a big mishmash of different thoughts that make absolutely no sense.

Comment

Working...