PDA

View Full Version : Thank The Gods! Checking Out The New Look

Hardrock69
04-14-2010, 01:34 AM
1. Though apparently some posts were lost, my important threads like The Naked Chick At Bruce Lee's Grave are still there.

2. I like a black background. Staring at a fucking white or light colored screen for hours on end can blind a person.

3. Has the time limit on editing posts been removed? That is the only real pet peeve I have had about this forum since the age of pteradactyls.

Sensible Shoes
04-14-2010, 08:07 AM
I confess that I'm having a tough time reading the print.

Panamark
04-14-2010, 08:41 AM
But can you see the skydiving girl controlling her rudders ????

Hardrock69
04-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Gee lookit her hair waving in the wind! :D

Hey...these new smilies suck fucking ass! You can hardly see the face, much less whether it is winking, grinning, or whatever.

What happened to the green grin??? http://smilies.blazemint.com/s/contrib/lynx/grnbiggrin.gif

I got this from one some emoticon website.

kwame k
04-14-2010, 01:01 PM
But can you see the skydiving girl controlling her rudders ????

Exactly, it's all about priorities ;)

Hardrock69
04-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Ah, I see the problem with the time limits on editing posts has not been fixed.

I had hopes it would be.

Sarge
04-14-2010, 03:03 PM
I have it set like that for a reason. You only need a few mins to fix a spelling mistake.
We used to have it set for longer, but I didn't like it that way.
If someone gets pissed and posts a bunch of insults, they can't change it as it is now. Before .. they could!

MAX
04-14-2010, 03:06 PM
If someone gets pissed and posts a bunch of insults, they can't change it as it is now. Before .. they could!

That's awesome Sarge cos I've been guilty far too many times of rethinking and not leaving what I really wanted/meant to say. :hitch:

Reverberator
04-14-2010, 03:15 PM
This is just the start of the new upgraded fucking larvelly looking Roth Army emporium....wait 'til the real shit starts when we can order pizza , booze and prozzas with the DEPRAVERTY©®™ button . When ordered Sarge will pick up the bill.

Also the colours we be better too.

Seshmeister
04-14-2010, 03:19 PM
3. Has the time limit on editing posts been removed? That is the only real pet peeve I have had about this forum since the age of pteradactyls.

Trust me if you remove the time limit it completely fucks up the forum.

You have people replying to posts which are then edited making threads senseless. People can be obnoxious as hell one night and then the next change their posts and deny they ever posted things.

Finally when someone takes a pissy fit and go off in a huff as happens here every other week, they might decide to delete all of their own posts making threads unreadable.

You absolutely must have the edit time limit.

Hardrock69
04-15-2010, 01:13 AM
I see say de bline main! :)

It is just that I am sort of a spelling nazi, and sometimes several hours or days later I find a post I made that is fucked up.

That said, the limit definitely forced me to preview my posts more carefully before posting. Do wish we had the green smilies though. The new smiley sucks. This one---> :D and the one in the first line.

Oh, and Sarge? Thanks for the upgrades and for keeping this site alive. You fucking RULE!

Sarge
04-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Hardrock,
Use the spell check located on the quick reply box. it is fast and seamless with this website. If you have never downloaded it, you will have to the first time you use it.
Breasts,
Sarge

Hardrock69
04-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Firefox gots spell check built in.
Sometimes it is a grammar thing I post that is messed up though, and no such thing yet as grammar check, lol. :D
Like I said, I do check my posts more thoroughly than I used to now, cause I know I can't change it after 20 minutes.
Thanks, Sarge.