Type O Negative's Pete Steele Dead from Heart Failure?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SparkieD
    Veteran
    • Sep 2006

Type O Negative's Pete Steele Dead from Heart Failure?

Hope this is just a rumor as Type O has pulled a stunt like that in the past.

Type O Negative’s Pete Steele Found Dead?
    terrybezer / News, Top Posts / 15/04/2010 09:26am

Wide-spread rumours allege that the Type O Negative frontman has died at his home in New York.
    Mass internet speculation has surfaced overnight, that Type O Negative frontman Pete Steele has died of a heart failure.

The rumours come from American VJ, Mistress Juliya, posting on her Twitter that Type O guitarist, Kenny Hickey, had confirmed the death, just before midnight on Wednesday, April 14th.

It must be stressed that this hasn’t been confirmed by Type O Negative officially and that Steele has ‘faked his own death’ on occasion before (most notably on the homepage of Type O’s website, prior to the release of their ‘Dead Again’ album). An unnamed source close to the band has said that the rumours are looking likely, but Hammer will have more on this when Type O release an official statement.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/ty...le-found-dead/
    Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
    Originally posted by rustoffa
    Three words. WE WERE THERE.
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

No, this one's real Sparkie. http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.c...-2010041546439

RIP

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Peter Steele- Peter Steele dead-confirmed by fellow bandmate Kenny Hickey.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

He was the inspiration for the Metalocalypse character "Nathan Explosion" (Classic)

R.I.P.
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Saw this on their site...

+IMAGES
          I Read The News Today, Oh Boy...

Error: Could not access the news server.
          Syndicate Our News

News mangled by fools with typewriters and over the counter drugs
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• SparkieD
            Veteran
            • Sep 2006

Very sad.

Loved Type O for years. I saw 'em once in the mid-90's and the show was excellent. I remember being very surprised at how very, very nice looking Pete was in person. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. That man was a work of art!

His was the only issue of Playgirl I ever bought Holy crap! The girl behind the counter had already been looking at it and had to offer commentary. "What did he do to that thing? It's fucking HUGE!"

Comment

• WACF
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Damn...

Comment

• SparkieD
                Veteran
                • Sep 2006

I was kind of doing the same thing hoping it was BS, but it's looking pretty bleak.

Yeah, BG's old Hot Guys thread...lotta good stuff in there that went to internet heaven though we could never post those piccies of Pete. Rules

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Apparently it's been confirmed...not a hoax this time (like he did in '05).
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• tojoro
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Dec 2009

What a bummer...a shame and a sin. A few years back he had a go round with substances, and his family blew the whistle on him to help him. I guess he wound up doing time for possession, as well as a stint in an institution.
                    His feelings toward his family were bitter and resentful, to say the least.
                    He was larger than life, (apparently in more ways than one!) and a talented guy. He will be missed.
                    R.I.P., Brother Pete

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

I videotaped them when they opened for Queensryche on the Promised Land Tour in the mid-90s.

Hung out with Peter at some point in a bar he was playing. I asked him about his fangs. He said some asshole went after him with a hammer in Brooklyn and knocked out some of his teeth, and so he told the dentist to just give him a couple of fangs instead of regular teeth.
                      We got into a discussion about being tall in the rock music biz. I told him about my experiences in LA, where I auditioned for quite a few bands who all claimed they wanted a guitarist who was different, many of whom told me the reason I did not make the cut was that I was too tall (same height as Peter, 6'-7") and too old (I was 30 at the time). He said he had to deal with a lot of small-minded assholes as well.

He was a pretty cool guy.

This fucking sucks!

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Very sad news - Type O Negative were a prominent part of the metal landscape when I was growing up, and I've been a fan ever since.

Not even 50 - life is shitty sometimes.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• SparkieD
                          Veteran
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by chan_bkny
                          I turned my head to see Peter Steele crossing the street, and he's coming toward me. We made eye contact, but I didn't say anything.
                          The TON show I went to was in a small, not too crowded club, and I was right in front of him for the entire show. I made eye contact with him a few times. You fucking FEEL it when your eyes meet with someone's with a presence like his.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Sometimes I confuse Type O Negative with The Crash Test Dummies... usually when I'm drinking or taking pills.

Comment

• SparkieD
                              Veteran
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by chan_bkny
                              In person, he wasn't scowling as he did/does in magazines. When I saw him up close, I thought he was attractive. The baritone, the height, dark hair, everything.
                              Yeah. He wasn't very photogenic, hence my surprise when I saw how good-looking he really was back then.

Comment

Working...