PDA

View Full Version : A Question For The Guys

Northern Girl
04-20-2010, 07:39 PM
OK…I asked this question here many years ago and never got a serious answer, and I still want to know…since there’s a new breed of opinions here, I will ask again.

Guys,

When you are out at a bar and you send (per bartender) me a drink, what’s on your mind; what are you hoping for? Considering you don’t know jack about me, I need to know what provokes this method.

Are you trying to be a big shot? Just being nice and you think this will impress me? Are you afraid to come and talk to me? Are you shy/intimidated/insecure and this is your passive way of seeing if I’m interested in you and will come over and talk to you?

What if I want to refuse it because I’m not available or I’m not interested or I’ve had my “I don’t drink and drive” limit already or I’m looking to swing the other way tonight or I know I’m leaving shortly, etc?

Would you prefer I give you the smile and thank you nod and accept it anyway even if I have above reason(s) or would you rather be embarrassed in front of your friends when the bartenders brings it back?

If I refuse it are you going to pull a Ted Bundy and put my picture up on your basement wall and masturbate to it whilst simultaneously pulling whiskers out of a kitten?

What goes through your mind?

Current and past bartenders please contribute too as you have been the liaison in this transaction and you can shed some light for me.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing or anything. It's just a very uncomfortable position to be put in and I don't really know what to do sometimes...it would help to know your side.

Anonymous
04-20-2010, 07:46 PM
I thought that only happened in films?

I imagine that IS awkward for the girl.

If I want to get into your pants, I'll talk to you FIRST, and THEN, if you're receptive, buy you a drink.

It doesn't rule out the putting your picture up in my basement & masturbate furiously, though I don't have a cat. Or a basement.

Cheers! :bottle:

Dan
04-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Buying A Lady a Drink Is Just One way Of Saying Hello.If She Doesnt want the Drink Then Fine,I will Drink It.:D

Northern Girl
04-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Buying A Lady a Drink Is Just One way Of Saying Hello.If She Doesnt want the Drink Then Fine,I will Drink It.:D

So, she should refuse it?

Dan
04-20-2010, 08:16 PM
So, she should refuse it?

Only If She Doesnt Want To Speak To The Guy.:D

kwame k
04-20-2010, 08:19 PM
I thought buying a girl a drink went out with....."Hey babe, what's your sign?" :biggrin:

Dan
04-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Or Your name Must be Candy Cos You Look So Sweet.:D

kwame k
04-20-2010, 08:58 PM
An oldie......

Okay, so I came over here to ask you to dance, but I'm kind of concerned. I mean, we could hit it off really well, end up having a few drinks, next thing you know you're giving me your number because I'm too shy to ask for it, I finally get up the nerve to call and we take in a movie, have some dinner, I relax, you relax, we go out a few more times, get to know each other's friends, spend a lot of time together, then finally have get past this sexual tension and really develop this intense sex life that is truly incredible, decide our relationship is solid and stable, so we move in together for a while, then a few months later get married, I get a promotion, you get a promotion, we buy a bigger house. You really want kids, but I really want freedom, but we have a kid anyway, only to find that I am resentful, the sparks start to fade and to rekindle them we have two more lovely kids, but now I work too much to keep up with the bills, have no time for you, you're stressed and stop taking really good care of yourself, so to get past our slow sex life and my declining self-confidence I turn to an outside affair for sexual gratification. You find out because I'm careless and a lousy liar, you throw me out (justifiably so) and we have to explain to the kids why mommy and daddy are splitting up. That's just too sad. Think about the children. For God's sake, if you dance with me and we hit it off, let's just keep it sexual, because we both know where it's going.

Northern Girl
04-20-2010, 10:47 PM
So, this must just be a shy guy thing. Which, of course, none of you are. ;)

Sensible Shoes
04-20-2010, 10:54 PM
I just say thanks with a little wave and enjoy the drink. You've opened the door, it you want to come over and talk, fine. We'll go from there. If you're a jerk, I don't owe you anything.

Anonymous
04-20-2010, 11:03 PM
So, this must just be a shy guy thing. Which, of course, none of you are. ;)

Nah, a shy guy wouldn't have the balls to pull that.

I find it really weird, I really believed it was only something you see in films, but never happens in real life.

Cheers! :bottle:

Sensible Shoes
04-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Nah, it still happens. Even at my advanced age.

kwame k
04-20-2010, 11:25 PM
I've bought drinks after I started chatting up a lady but never just bought a random chick a drink.......I can't even remember any of my friends doing that either.

Before I buy a drink for a woman I want to know if I'm wasting my time/money.......with the amount of alcohol I can consume every penny counts ;)

Panamark
04-20-2010, 11:50 PM
I've never randomly bought a woman a drink. I think most answers here are on the money.

If you actually strike up a conversation and the chick seems to be warming to you, yeah
that's when you let her buy you one ! :)

Actually, I can't recall buying drinks for any women who were not my partner or friend ?

I guess you could always eyeball the dude and if he isn't
your type instruct the bartender to take the drink back to the sender with a message
like "Thank you, what a lovely gesture but I've always promised my partner that I wouldn't
accept drinks from strangers, but thanks all the same" or something along those lines ??

If you eyeball the dude and like him, well I guess raise the glass in his direction
and tell the bartender to thank the dude...

Trying to help, but really I've never actually been involved in that type of scenario ?

hambon4lif
04-21-2010, 12:00 AM
The whole problem with this 'sending a drink' approach is that it's prehistoric. It's highly unlikely that you'll even see an attractive woman sitting by herself in a bar anymore, and any guy that would send you a drink is either too-old-fashioned & shy (to the point where it's a fault), or a complete and total asshole who thinks that by you accepting the drink, they've been given the greenlight to come over to you and engage in conversation......

The entire thing is ass-backwards.....and you have to blame the fathers who've told their sons that this shit would actually work. Also, the thing about accepting the drink creates the misconception that you're obligated to talk to them, or even worse, that you can be bought. It strictly depends on what's going through the mind of the dude that sent you the drink....and because women are more intelligent than we are, I give them the benefit of the doubt as far as being able to know the difference just by looking at them.

Maybe it's just me, but if there was that rare occurance where I saw a woman sitting by herself that caught my eye, I'd go right up to her and say anything outrageously funny and hoping she would laugh or at least smile. If that leads to conversation, fine. If it doesn't, it doesn't. I don't take offense if it doesn't and she tells me to 'fuck off'...(believe it or not, as charming and good-looking as I am, this happens frequently....even to me).
Conversation is the starting point.....you can build on a conversation. It should be all you can expect....

"Sending a drink" to break the ice is not only outdated, it can just as easily send the wrong signals....

hambon4lif
04-21-2010, 12:51 AM
"shy people never get what they want, they accept whatever they can get" - hambon4lif '10

GAR
04-21-2010, 01:44 AM
The whole problem with this 'sending a drink' approach is that it's prehistoric.

Its also a considerate way to say hello and get a smile!

hambon4lif
04-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Its also a considerate way to say hello and get a smile!And that's all you'll get, because she's already aware that you're a library-dwelling drip of a loser that has a Schwinn parked in the bike-rack in front of the bar.

You have nothing to offer, and they're appreciative that you've sacrificed so much of your allowance towards buying them a drink.

It's condescending, really........

Panamark
04-21-2010, 02:05 AM
Of course if a girl got a bartender to send me a drink I would take it and drink it
whether she was hot, fat, had two heads or was an obese hog...
Doesn't mean I would have to talk to her. (And my love for alcohol is greater
than my willpower for any form of manners system)
Hell, she could keep on sending em over as soon as I finish each one, if
I get drunk enough I might wave as I'm leaving.

GAR
04-21-2010, 02:06 AM
That was most unkind. And incorrect.

Panamark
04-21-2010, 02:17 AM
That was most unkind. And incorrect.

Why ? I'm being most gracious by accepting the gift. Don't want to offend her ! :lmao:

GAR
04-21-2010, 02:34 AM
oops, you posted during a reply to hambone

Panamark
04-21-2010, 02:47 AM
No matter !

Its all in jest anyway......

binnie
04-21-2010, 04:01 AM
Sending it via the bartender must be an American thing.

If I wanted to talk to you, I'd come over and offer to buy you a drink - that gives you the room to decline.

Otherwise, I might have bought you a drink and still have gotten nowhere - then I'm broken hearted and out of pocket.....

hideyoursheep
04-21-2010, 05:12 AM
You "send" a drink during your set, during the break, You say "hello, have you met my penis?":biggrin:

Grant
04-21-2010, 06:05 AM
To be honest, I don't think I've ever as a first course of approach offered to buy a lady a drink in a bar. Definitely never been my thing. If I was interested in meeting someone I'd toy around with some casual eye-contact and see where that leads, or if I'm feeling in the mood or confident enough I'd approach her for a conversation. Certainly if I end up enjoying her company and the feeling seems mutual then I'd buy her one.

Of course, there would've been some times (many years ago when being a little bit more naive) where I'd be pretty much minding my own business and I'd eventually get asked upon by a girl who's been checking me out (usually the flighty pretentious type) to buy a drink for her. But nowadays, if that happens I usually refuse because I know I'd be wasting my time (and delicious alcohol money) on someone who's just out on an ego-trip and playing the usual mind games. But then again it would depend on the vibe and my impressions on the person. Or better yet be simple enough just to take Russell Crowe's John Nash character approach and simply reply with, "Can we just cut straight to the sex?" :biggrin:

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 07:18 AM
It's highly unlikely that you'll even see an attractive woman sitting by herself in a bar anymore, and any guy that would send you a drink is either too-old-fashioned & shy (to the point where it's a fault), or a complete and total asshole who thinks that by you accepting the drink, they've been given the greenlight to come over to you and engage in conversation......

First of all, I would never go to a bar by myself. No reason to that I can think of unless I was looking for action - and I don't do that.

the thing about accepting the drink creates the misconception that you're obligated to talk to them, or even worse, that you can be bought

exactly...this is how it makes me feel

It strictly depends on what's going through the mind of the dude that sent you the drink.

Yes, this is what I'm trying to figure out. LOL

because women are more intelligent than we are, I give them the benefit of the doubt as far as being able to know the difference just by looking at them.

not so easy...a quick glance at the guy isn't going to tell me much...and it depends on the situation too...

One time a girlfriend and I were sitting at the bar (early evening)...three guys sitting at a table send drinks over...they are sitting on one side of the table all facing us (gay right?) watching for a reaction or whatever...I didn't want the drink...bartender didn't ask...just gives it to me...he wants the sale I guess...in this case my impression was three clueless losers hoping for something to happen but no balls to make it happen...but I still felt really guilty walking out shortly after especially because we had to walk right by them to get to the door...I gave them a smile and a nod and kept walking...did I crush their fragile egos...did they think we were bitches for accepting and just leaving...am I making too much of it and shouldn't give a shit? LOL

The way I see it, they are taking the risk because as I said they don't know jack about me...

Thanks for the input anyway, guys and gals. It seems I won't know unless someone here actually uses this approach and they probably won't admit it now. LOL

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 07:19 AM
Nah, it still happens. Even at my advanced age.

Because you're hot!

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 07:22 AM
The thing that throws me is that you can tell a girl on the prowl and who would be receptive, I would think. I don't go to bars looking for men. I don't dress like a slut. So, is he just being nice and wanting to say hello? I don't fucking know.

Seshmeister
04-21-2010, 07:26 AM
Were you ovulating at the time?

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Were you ovulating at the time?

I don't remember, but I am ovulating today. Would you like to buy me a drink?

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Otherwise, I might have bought you a drink and still have gotten nowhere - then I'm broken hearted and out of pocket.....

So you and Kwame would never spend money on a woman unless you think you're going to get something in return? Hmmm...

Broken hearted? Oh my...this is serious.

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 08:02 AM
I think Mark is right. The best thing to do is politely decline. The guy will only take a slight hit if he thinks I'm declining based on his looks alone, but if he has any confidence at all he will realize there are probably other reasons.

So much more to say. I wish I didn't have to go to work now.

ZahZoo
04-21-2010, 08:33 AM
So you and Kwame would never spend money on a woman unless you think you're going to get something in return? Hmmm...

Classic setup of pervasive dependency & co-dependency... the expectation of something in return is real simple. Provide gift... gain interaction. It's that simple.

Let's be real... unless it's your mother, sister, daughter, wife or a close friend why would any man "spend money on a woman" unless he was looking to at the minimum gain social interation as a starting point to all other options. You don't go to a bar to assist the dehydrated...

Seshmeister
04-21-2010, 08:47 AM
I don't remember, but I am ovulating today. Would you like to buy me a drink?

Are you on paypal? :)

I was only half joking, there is plenty of really surprising research about how guys subconsciously behave differently towards the ovulating girl.

Seshmeister
04-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Let's be real... unless it's your mother, sister, daughter, wife or a close friend

You don't buy your grandkids a drink? :)

Coyote
04-21-2010, 08:52 AM
People still go to bars to "meet people"? How quaint...

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 09:36 AM
OK…I asked this question here many years ago and never got a serious answer, and I still want to know…since there’s a new breed of opinions here, I will ask again.

Guys,

When you are out at a bar and you send (per bartender) me a drink, what’s on your mind; what are you hoping for? Considering you don’t know jack about me, I need to know what provokes this method.

Are you trying to be a big shot? Just being nice and you think this will impress me? Are you afraid to come and talk to me? Are you shy/intimidated/insecure and this is your passive way of seeing if I’m interested in you and will come over and talk to you?

What if I want to refuse it because I’m not available or I’m not interested or I’ve had my “I don’t drink and drive” limit already or I’m looking to swing the other way tonight or I know I’m leaving shortly, etc?

Would you prefer I give you the smile and thank you nod and accept it anyway even if I have above reason(s) or would you rather be embarrassed in front of your friends when the bartenders brings it back?

If I refuse it are you going to pull a Ted Bundy and put my picture up on your basement wall and masturbate to it whilst simultaneously pulling whiskers out of a kitten?

Current and past bartenders please contribute too as you have been the liaison in this transaction and you can shed some light for me.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing or anything. It's just a very uncomfortable position to be put in and I don't really know what to do sometimes...it would help to know your side.

Firstly, above I appreciate your candor and the difficulty of what it must be like being an attractive women in a bar just out for happy hour with a few friends...

That being said, I almost never buy drinks for women for the very reasons listed --unless I know them and we're just buds buying each other rounds and I know them or have had some conversations with them.

Conversely, sometimes when I'm at the drink portent/hole in a crowded bar, I sometimes get young twenty-something girls give me the "aren't you going to buy me a drink" puppy-dog look. I find that annoying as fuck...

But to answer the thread question, some guys do because some women apparently enjoy the attention and having suckers buy them things and this is an accepted, cheesy social norm and a way to buy attention and about 10 minutes with a chick...and perhaps some women enjoy it as they see this as some sort of validation, social-proof, or trophy they can hold up in front of the other women they're competing with --or just perhaps having a free night out funded by suckers merely by dressing up (or down). So yes, men can be idiots. But you might also think about the fact that a lot of your fellow gender also egg on this sort of behaviors...

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Above post rewrite:

Guys,

Firstly, above all else I appreciate your candor and the difficulty of what it must be like being an attractive women in a bar just out for happy hour with a few friends...

That being said, I almost never buy drinks for women for the very reasons listed above --unless I know them and we're just buds buying each other rounds or at least I've have had some conversations with them.

Conversely, sometimes when I'm at the drink portent/hole in a crowded bar, I sometimes get young twenty-something girls give me the "aren't you going to buy me a drink? I'm HOT!" puppy-dog look. I find that annoying as fuck...

But to answer the thread question, some guys do because some women apparently enjoy the attention and having suckers buy them things and this is an accepted, cheesy social norm and a way to buy attention and about 10 minutes with a chick...and perhaps some women enjoy it as they see this as some sort of validation, social-proof, or trophy they can hold up in front of the other women they're competing with --or just perhaps having a free night out funded by suckers merely by dressing up (or down). So yes, men can be idiots. But you might also think about the fact that a lot of your fellow gender also egg on this sort of behaviors...

I think you might also try to understand how traumatic it can be for a man to approach a women he doesn't know and is interested in, however. This is a genetically encoded fear and exists for good reason inside men that are not the typical jock-asshole "alphamale." Alcohol is, unfortunately, one way to mitigate it, and the whole concept of trying to ply women with kindness--or just outright buying them--has been around for ages and is actively celebrated in our culture via film and books. So, yes some men are scumbags hoping to "get lucky" and 'Ben Rothlesburger' a girl after getting her drunk as some guys are fucking ape-like, unsophisticated macho dicks just using their frat-boy games in order to "get lucky.. More commonly, some men are just trying to be nice because they're interested and this is the only learned behavior they have to "break the ice" and express themselves. But perhaps you should be a bit less judgmental in your tone and get off your high horse, because some are probably just looking to ingratiate themselves and are trying to be nice and create and opening and are doing what they've been trained to do since they were children gathering flowers for their mother to show affection and kindness.

But if you don't want the drink, send it back or tell them that you're not interested or are already spoken for in a very nice way. IHMO Or perhaps you could break "the rules®" of "the game™" and try actually approaching a man that is a "nice guy™" that interests you?

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Sorry, but the 20-minute rewrite post editing limit is just gay...

kwame k
04-21-2010, 10:15 AM

Replace, "woman" with complete stranger and that's closer to how I feel.

Obviously, if I'm on the "prowl" I want to at least talk to her first and see if there's a vibe and try to get a read on whether or not she's even worth the time and effort.

In all honesty, going to the bars looking for love is a waste of time.......looking for lust at 1 am, I'm guilty of that but really there's so many better ways to meet women.

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 10:36 AM
I thought buying a girl a drink went out with....."Hey babe, what's your sign?" :biggrin:

I don't think so. I haven't been going out to meet women as much lately cause of work and I keep getting dragged out by heavy, type-A drinkers, which completely destroys my game. But I've witnessed it plenty of times to the point where it was almost blatantly nauseating. Like one time these three 20-something chicks dressed slutty (but 1980s cliche slutty) coming in, pulling up to the bar at one local establishment that becomes a college meat market on Friday and Saturday nights, and the bartender (douchebag bartender that is) immediately pouring them free shots and getting not only drinks, but free backups, so his idiot, crony friends could muscle in on, and take advantage of, some drunk 'hotties.' The girls seemed rather giddy about all this attention as some dick immediate approached and bought one of the chicks (whose breath smelled like garlic butter) a drink and did the typical "I'm a happinin' king of the frat" approach. Another couple of tools just stood behind them. Since I was right next to all this, and the girls grabbed the stool I had been sitting on prior to my returning from the bathroom, I decided to join in the fun.

I approached the one of the three girls I sort of liked, just out of principle--bought her nothing--and got her number despite the fact I was far older than anyone in that situation. The guys looked at me like I had just pulled a magic rabbit out of my ass. Imagine, using personality and a few simple bar tricks to get a women interested in you... :D I could have gone further but wasn't in the mood but ended up meeting her out later but was honestly too appalled with humanity in general to stay around that night...

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 10:40 AM
I just say thanks with a little wave and enjoy the drink. You've opened the door, it you want to come over and talk, fine. We'll go from there. If you're a jerk, I don't owe you anything.

You never owe anyone anything if you didn't ask for it...

kwame k
04-21-2010, 10:43 AM
See I never hang out at the young people's bar, unless I'm playing there.

Just can't become one of those guys I used to make fun of when I was in my 20's.

ELVIS
04-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Sorry, but the 20-minute rewrite post editing limit is just gay...

Worrying about your lame, overly wordy post, more than twenty minutes later is even more gay, Dickforbreath...

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Its also a considerate way to say hello and get a smile!

If you want to smile and say hello, just smile and say hello. You'll come off far more normal and warmly than hovering around like a creeper and trying to ply them with alcohol...the real smile is far more important than the empty, symbolic one...

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Worrying about your lame, overly wordy post, more than twenty minutes later is even more gay, Dickforbreath...

Sorry, next time I'll draw pictures on your Louisiana cave-wall--so you can understand better--inbred hick everyone thinks is a douche....

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 10:57 AM

It's not really a "young peoples' bar" per-say. It's actually a mixed age pseudo-Irish (sports) bar-restaurant with shitty pub food and very little discernible personality that I rarely frequent anymore. It just sort of changes depending how long you're there, but the funny thing is I almost always end up talking to someone there--especially when I'm not looking too. But I actually never go to dance clubs and all that shit...

Just can't become one of those guys I used to make fun of when I was in my 20's.

Guys who actually get laid? :biggrin: :beers8:

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 10:59 AM

Playing both sides, are we? But let me ask you this. If you were in a bar, met an interesting person, and he bought you successive drinks, would you buy him one back? Would you buy "a round?"

PETE'S BROTHER
04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
can't find the pic, but a favorite cartoon where the bartender is talkin' to a lady at the bar and an old sot sittin' on the opposite side of the bar. tender says to the lady " the gentleman over there would like you to buy him a drink":biggrin:

ELVIS
04-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Just buy her a virtual drink with paypal and pull your pud, Dickforbreath...

jhale667
04-21-2010, 11:23 AM

I'm kind of getting to that point. Plus, if you're playing there, chances are way more likely the girls will buy YOU drinks...that's how I hooked up with my former gf...had known her peripherally for a bit, but one night she was sending shots up after every set (sometimes during). I asked her why the sudden generosity and she replied "I dunno, I was kinda wondering if I could get you drunk and take advantage of you..." Bingo. Why, yes you can!

Conversely, that approach would NEVER work on a girl, but worked on me because A) She's kinda cute and B) I'm easy.

But I'm getting past the point of being the dude hanging in the bar going "Hey baby..." :rolleyes: and even when I was I can only think of ONE time I sent a random girl a drink - she politely declined, smiled and waved, and when the bartender came back he said "She said to tell you she would have accepted , but she's leaving..."(she had apparently been there for a bit before I got there). So there's a timing issue in that scenario to be factored in there, too...lots of room for it to go wrong rather than be successful, IMO.

kwame k
04-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Guys who actually get laid? :biggrin: :beers8:

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!

Candy Girl
04-21-2010, 01:09 PM
I asked her why the sudden generosity and she replied "I dunno, I was kinda wondering if I could get you drunk and take advantage of you..." Bingo. Why, yes you can!

Conversely, that approach would NEVER work on a girl, but worked on me because A) She's kinda cute and B) I'm easy.

:hee:

LoungeMachine
04-21-2010, 01:19 PM
From a perspective from behind the bar:

LOVE these guys who do this. :D

When they finally get the nerve to talk to the chick, they always massively over-tip in hopes she'll think he's either a swell guy, or loaded.

Your Bartender Tip of The Day:

Hey guys, did you notice the phone number she just gave starts with 555?.....and no, it doesnt mean she's on TV alot

:gulp:

thome
04-21-2010, 01:28 PM
If I buy a round for the house, does that mean I want an orgy..?:hee:

LoungeMachine
04-21-2010, 01:35 PM
If I buy a round for the house, does that mean I want an orgy..?:hee:

According to the bars you hang out in, that'll set you back a whoppin' $12

kwame k
04-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Depends if you're talking about your trailer or an actual bar ;)

jhale667
04-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Depends if you're talking about your trailer or an actual bar ;)

How does a meth lab get a liquor license, exactly? :D

thome
04-21-2010, 01:45 PM
According to the bars you hang out in, that'll set you back a whoppin' $12

thome
If I buy a round for the house,...

It is just good business -cents- to do so,,(the punchline to my above post)> before the bus that just pulled up out front unloads.

kwame k
04-21-2010, 01:50 PM

Ah, dual zoning! Kinda like split personalities for business........................

thome
04-21-2010, 02:02 PM
OK…

Here let me help you darling when -I and only I- send a beer over to you, here is what to dohttp://img.seekandsee.com/z/d/YKp0oJMHoidJw-VJvh_A.jpg and perhaps by the technique, and my olympic style voting system, I will buy you another...lol.

Thread answered !

Everything else in this thread is bunk.

ps. do you have a sense of humor or did I just lose a potential friend..?

thome
04-21-2010, 02:11 PM

So this guy is trying to start his pants with a set of keys, shoved in his pocket and he can't seem to get his pocket started, he looks at me..... back at his pocket a full min goes by, and then he frowns struggling to start his pocket...? and then finally smiles at me , he pulls the keys out and starts walking across the bar with a bump on the end of his keys....I gotta find a new joint.
No it wasn't his joint ,crank or dikk you homos....probably some of that bogus coke cut with crank...I declined. not my regular bar but one on my rounds ...

hideyoursheep
04-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Nick, I think ELVIS wants you to buy him a drink.:hitch:

Seriously NG, if a guy does that, he has 0 game and probably no rap at all. In today's world, girls (usually in inseparable groups) are already tipsy, and you don't have to buy them ANYTHING....they come to YOU if they want to "talk".

binnie
04-21-2010, 04:27 PM

Haha!

If I had to buy every woman I found attractive a drink I'd be flat broke in a day.....

kwame k
04-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Whoever said Binnie wasn't fiscally responsible :)

binnie
04-21-2010, 05:17 PM
A lot of thirsty women, that's who!

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 06:18 PM
To be honest, I don't think I've ever as a first course of approach offered to buy a lady a drink in a bar. Definitely never been my thing. If I was interested in meeting someone I'd toy around with some casual eye-contact and see where that leads, or if I'm feeling in the mood or confident enough I'd approach her for a conversation. Certainly if I end up enjoying her company and the feeling seems mutual then I'd buy her one.

Thanks for the input, Grant. This seems to be the consensus here.

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 06:37 PM
there is plenty of really surprising research about how guys subconsciously behave differently towards the ovulating girl

I've never heard of that. Have they been told it's ovulation time or can they sense it like dogs in heat? I don't think most women know when they are ovulating. I know, but don't ask me to tell you how I know. :)

Igosplut
04-21-2010, 06:47 PM
The dives I hang out in you wouldn't WANT to hook up with the women....

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 06:50 PM
there's so many better ways to meet women.

Such as? Just curious.

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Playing both sides, are we?

Nope. Just reacting to what they said and asking questions.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-21-2010, 07:01 PM
never, i repeat, never go to r&r stix in east mesa. sixty year old bartenders in NEGLIGEE !!:barf:

kwame k
04-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Such as? Just curious.

Bookstores, coffee shops and places where like minded people get together without alcohol. I met a few great ladies in my kayaking club.

Hell, even parties at friends houses have been a better and more rewarding (for a long term relationship) avenue for meeting women than a bar.

It seems to work out better, in the long term, if you start with some common ground/interests. Then again.......having alcohol as your common interest isn't a bad thing either, is it :biggrin:

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Here let me help you darling when -I and only I- send a beer over to you, here is what to dohttp://img.seekandsee.com/z/d/YKp0oJMHoidJw-VJvh_A.jpg and perhaps by the technique, and my olympic style voting system, I will buy you another...lol.

Thread answered !

Everything else in this thread is bunk.

ps. do you have a sense of humor or did I just lose a potential friend..?

Yes, I have a great sense of humor. Although, I can't really see what the girl is doing in the picture, I'm sure I can do it! ;)

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 07:11 PM
It seems to work out better, in the long term, if you start with some common ground/interests.

I think you are right. :)

kwame k
04-21-2010, 07:14 PM
never, i repeat, never go to r&r stix in east mesa. sixty year old bartenders in NEGLIGEE !!:barf:

They ought to have a warning label on that bar like a pack of smokes have on them.

kwame k
04-21-2010, 07:15 PM
I think you are right. :)

More than likely not........I did go through my first divorce last year ;)

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Seriously NG, if a guy does that, he has 0 game and probably no rap at all.

Well, I'm not really interested in "game" or hearing some playa's rap anyway.

I think more than not, it's just a nice gesture. Approaching strangers can't be easy. I don't do it. The whole bar pick up scene is not for me. Of course, there are nice people in bars. (I mean I'm there, right?) It's hard to know who's sincere, because it is such a cliche pick up place.

I guess that's why I was asking, because I don't want to be rude to someone who is just being nice.

As far as guys buying me drinks, I don't need it and I don't ask for it. I have plenty of money to buy my own drinks. If I did meet someone and enjoyed talking to him and he bought me a drink, I'd buy him one in return. If we were dating, I'd expect to take my turn paying for dinner or whatever to. If the guy didn't like it, that'd be the end of that. You don't date a guy to have someone pay for everything for you. You don't marry a guy to have someone to take care of you or pay your bills, which is why I think alimony is a bunch of bullshit.

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 07:36 PM
More than likely not........I did go through my first divorce last year ;)

Your FIRST divorce? LOL. Well, I hope there aren't any more.

Sensible Shoes
04-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Yeah, yeah, I used to think like you. But now I have no money, and I'm just lookin' for a sugar daddy. Drinks, rent, whatever. :)

Northern Girl
04-21-2010, 07:46 PM
LOL. Whatever makes you happy!

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Just buy her a virtual drink with paypal and pull your pud, Dickforbreath...

Good one, Elvira. How's the "I'm a fanatical Bible-thumping Nurse who can't have a drink because I'm an addict" pick up line going for you?

Oh, right! Never mind...

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Nope. Just reacting to what they said and asking questions.

Yet contradicting yourself and your premise the whole time...

Blackflag
04-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Good one, Elvira. How's the "I'm a fanatical Bible-thumping Nurse who can't have a drink because I'm an addict" pick up line going for you?

Oh, right! Never mind...

I'm sorry, did you just bust on somebody for being a recovered alcoholic? Holy shit, you're low class.

I mean, let's keep it real: you live in Buffalo.

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm sorry, did you just bust on somebody for being a recovered alcoholic? Holy shit, you're low class.

Well drama queen martyr bitch. I actually "busted" someone for making completely unprovoked, disrespectful dickhead comments to me. It's not my fault he's an addict that seeks solace in some bullshit fake form of extreme Jesus Christ--then runs around judging everybody and completely contradicting what he's supposed to believe...

Maybe if you read the thread real slowly, Blackdouche, you'll clearly see who insulted and started talking shit first. But then, you're just another phony intellectual pussy out to find a venue to rationalize your personal bitterness...

I mean, let's keep it real: you live in Buffalo.

Yeah, super-genius, I "really" live in Buffalo, Sherlock fucking Holmes. Do you live in London?

Blackflag
04-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Yes, you caught me being a low-class dickhead. But instead of admit it, I'll just throw insults at you, too.

:umm:

Yeah, super-genius, I "really" live in Buffalo, Sherlock fucking Holmes. Do you live in London?

So now you're repudiating Buffalo? :lmao:

Nickdfresh
04-21-2010, 11:57 PM
:umm:

If you're going to fake-quote me, at least use the occasional three syllable word, fuck stamper...

So now you're repudiating Buffalo? :lmao:

Well, maybe you can tell me specifically how so most can understand what the fuck you're talking about? Good luck on that challenge, John Hinkely Junior...

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 12:01 AM
use the occasional three syllable word,

You're really got a chip on your shoulder, don't you?

And you spelled Hinckley wrong.

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 12:12 AM
You're really got a chip on your shoulder, don't you?

That's a fair statement. But then again, you should talk...

And you spelled Hinckley wrong.

Good! I don't respect attempted-murderer trash enough to spell their name right...

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 12:17 AM
That's a fair statement.

It doesn't make you a badass like you think. It just makes you an insecure putz who feels the need to throw around "three syllable words" and tell everybody about it.

But carry on. You're doing a great job mocking alcoholics. Badass! :umm:

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 12:25 AM
It doesn't make you a badass like you think.

What the fuck do you know about "what I think," 'Dr.' Laura Schlesinger?

It just makes you an insecure putz who feels the need to throw around "three syllable words" and tell everybody about it.

Oh, thanks! Maybe you can be one of those chicks that takes psychology classes to figure themselves out?

But carry on. You're doing a great job mocking alcoholics. Badass! :umm:

Yeah, that's exactly what I've done. Mock alcoholics! You seem to be pretty irate about all this, though...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 12:27 AM
LOL. Whatever makes you happy!

My, we're a bit judgmental now? What makes you happy? Starting threads about how guys buying you drinks is such a downer?

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 12:28 AM
You seem to be pretty irate about all this, though...

:mad0233:

[Low class.]

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 12:29 AM

Easy bitch, we're all friends...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 12:34 AM

[Low class.]

Sorry buddy. I didn't know you needed one extreme to compensate for the lack of another one...

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Easy bitch, we're all friends...

I'm not friends with haters.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-22-2010, 12:39 AM

3 Friends Dan conmee jhale667

i'm thinkin' hale might hate gar:umm:

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 12:42 AM
He's just confused. Hale isn't a hater, deep down.

hambon4lif
04-22-2010, 12:42 AM
If I did meet someone and enjoyed talking to him and he bought me a drink, I'd buy him one in return. If we were dating, I'd expect to take my turn paying for dinner or whatever to. If the guy didn't like it, that'd be the end of that. You don't date a guy to have someone pay for everything for you. You don't marry a guy to have someone to take care of you or pay your bills, which is why I think alimony is a bunch of bullshit.....HOT DAMN!! I think I'm officially aroused!

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 12:58 AM

But I'll dry the tears from your cheeks...

(and I really don't hate anyone...)

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 01:02 AM
First he repudiates Buffalo. Then he repudiates being a hater. What an utter pussy.

Hardrock69
04-22-2010, 01:06 AM
I have never offered to buy a woman a drink. I have bought drinks before for chicks I knew who asked me to if I was feeling generous, or they were friends.

If I want to get to know a chick, I have the ultimate tried and true method. I FUCKING TALK TO THEM.

Having an extreme sense of humour is a good thing.

Never was a lounge lizard - "Hey baby, do you come here often? Haven't I seen you somewhere before? Hey what's your sign?".
Never was interested in "picking up chicks" as an activity, or art form, or whatever.
Never had to try, I got lucky often enough just by being myself.

If chicks want to know me, or are receptive to my conversation, fine.

If not, that is fine as well. I am not going to waste my time worrying about 'rejection'.
They have their reasons for not wanting to talk to me, and for all I know they could be doing me a huge favor by rejecting me immediately.

As it is, I am not interested in having sex with someone I do not know, and am not having a serious relationship with. Too many reasons to avoid being a slut these days.
Least of which is I could catch something that could cause me to die.

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 01:09 AM
First he repudiates Buffalo. Then he repudiates being a hater. What an utter pussy.

I've never repudiated anything. And I'm pretty sure you don't know pussy. But what's an utter pussy? A cow's vagina?

Blaze
04-22-2010, 03:30 AM
The meaning behind a person buying your drinks would depend a lot one what kind of bar it is.

More than one occasion I have bought a packed house a round but was not looking for an orgy.
And more than once have bought some random person that was looking sad or misfit a drink or just felt like it. Or they happen to be standing next to me....

And as a manager, I would buy people drinks, usually good looking or interesting men and woman.

I myself am flattered and honored when my drinks are bought.
It is a freaking drink, not a house not much to read into a drink
Take it or don't. Buy them one or don't. Tell the bartender to put it on ice for later. No body really thinks twice about the drinks they buy for others.
Some bars I go to the round buying can get ya a bit drunk if you drink all the drinks at once.

:biggrin:
But hey watch out for those that buy you a hamburger, that is code for something ;)
Joke~
I buy people lunch pretty regularly too. I don't want the wrong idea floating. Oo
Usually people I know though, however, I have bought strangers lunches.

Northern Girl
04-22-2010, 06:04 AM
My, we're a bit judgmental now?

Telling someone to do what makes them happy is judgmental? I'm not sure you know what the word means.

I'm thinking, "Good for you, if that makes you happy, do it!" If you are thinking something else, I guess that's your issue.

hideyoursheep
04-22-2010, 06:06 AM
What was the question?

Guys,

Well, I'm not really interested in "game" or hearing some playa's rap anyway.

I think more than not, it's just a nice gesture. Approaching strangers can't be easy. I don't do it. The whole bar pick up scene is not for me. Of course, there are nice people in bars. (I mean I'm there, right?) It's hard to know who's sincere, because it is such a cliche pick up place.

I guess that's why I was asking, because I don't want to be rude to someone who is just being nice.

As far as guys buying me drinks, I don't need it and I don't ask for it. I have plenty of money to buy my own drinks. If I did meet someone and enjoyed talking to him and he bought me a drink, I'd buy him one in return. If we were dating, I'd expect to take my turn paying for dinner or whatever to. If the guy didn't like it, that'd be the end of that. You don't date a guy to have someone pay for everything for you. You don't marry a guy to have someone to take care of you or pay your bills, which is why I think alimony is a bunch of bullshit.

hideyoursheep
04-22-2010, 06:10 AM
I'm sorry NG, I thought you were asking WHY men would "send" you a drink.:umm:

Northern Girl
04-22-2010, 06:15 AM
I'm sorry NG, I thought you were asking WHY men would "send" you a drink.:umm:

I was. What did I say wrong now?

hideyoursheep
04-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Well, it's starting to look more like "reasons I don't want guys to send me drinks". Not that there's anything wrong with that...

You're buying me 1 long island, but that doesn't mean you get to act like we came in together, right?:tongue0011:

Northern Girl
04-22-2010, 06:30 AM
I've surmised from everyone's comments that buying a stranger a drink is not too common and is more than likely a guy that may be a little shy or lacks confidence for whatever reason to just go and talk to the woman. If that's the case, I know how I would handle that.

Thanks all for your input.

Northern Girl
04-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Well, it's starting to look more like "reasons I don't want guys to send me drinks".

Sorry, that's not what I meant. It is flattering, but it is not necessary. If it's just a nice gesture, great. If it's trying to impress me, it doesn't. "Buying me things" doesn't impress me.

hideyoursheep
04-22-2010, 06:37 AM
How 'bout another drink before you go?

:lmao:

Northern Girl
04-22-2010, 06:37 AM
I think I'm done here. Thanks again, all!

hideyoursheep
04-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Did you say "buying strangers drinks is not too common"?

How long have you been single, NG? A week?

C'mon...

Northern Girl
04-22-2010, 06:53 AM

C'mon...

The key word seems to be stranger. Pretty much everyone has said they would go and talk to the woman first and then maybe buy a drink if they hit it off.

Wow, I never knew how inept I was at explaining myself until this thread...

Now let me leave, dammit. :biggrin:

ELVIS
04-22-2010, 09:46 AM
How's the "I'm a fanatical Bible-thumping Nurse who can't have a drink because I'm an addict" pick up line going for you?

I suppose it worked as i'm soon to be married...

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Good god.

Does his cardinal know!? :)

ELVIS
04-22-2010, 09:56 AM
I don't have a cardinal...

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Congratulations just kidding.

I hope this isn't just because your new crowd have a no sex before marriage rule though.

ThrillsNSpills
04-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Nobody's going to buy a drink for a neurotic ball of psychosis who inevitably is going to blame the guy for everything that's gone wrong
with their lives. Especially someone who's just looking for a reason to verbally castrate the guy due to some past issues that are completely unrelated to the guy.

love,
tns

ELVIS
04-22-2010, 10:19 AM
There are no "rules"

:)

ELVIS
04-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Sesh

Cheers!

jhale667
04-22-2010, 10:37 AM
3 Friends Dan conmee jhale667

i'm thinkin' hale might hate gar:umm:

Do I think GARfail's the biggest loser/scumbag on the site? Oh yeah. But hate? That would require effort. He's not worthy of wasting effort on, wouldn't you agree? ;)

He's just confused. Hale isn't a hater, deep down.

Of course not.

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Telling someone to do what makes them happy is judgmental? I'm not sure you know what the word means.

I'm thinking, "Good for you, if that makes you happy, do it!" If you are thinking something else, I guess that's your issue.

Sure. Whatever...I'm sure you're not trying to sound superior or anything...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 10:50 AM

C'mon...

Yeah. I see it all the time. And it's not just "shy guys that can't talk to women" that do it. It's often the "playa'" using it as an excuse to cling on to someone. Personally, I find it a bit boorish and filled with a lot of negative connotations. I also find it sort of offensive when little girls, that I've never met or talked too before in a bar, basically ask you to buy them drinks because that's what they think men are supposed to do...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 10:51 AM
I suppose it worked as i'm soon to be married...

Congrats. I hope she makes you a nicer person...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 10:53 AM
There are no "rules"

:)

Good to hear. My friend is engaged to a really cool girl, but he was her first ever. I get the feeling that it's probably not going to work and she's going to just explode at some point and want to be with other men...

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 11:10 AM
And that's when you pounce?

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 11:14 AM
And that's when you pounce?

Nooooo....

I've only actually met her twice.

:biggrin::guzzle:

jhale667
04-22-2010, 11:16 AM
I also find it sort of offensive when little girls, that I've never met or talked too before in a bar, basically ask you to buy them drinks because that's what they think men are supposed to do...

True. And no matter how gorgeous she is, it kinda ruins it when the first thing a girl says to you when she walks up to you in a bar is "Hey, buy me a drink". Sometimes they don't even phrase it like a request....My first impulse in that scenario is usually to respond "Why, are you gonna blow me?" I mean, it's just rude...ask me nicely, FFS...

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 11:19 AM
I think the best option is to look as though you can't afford to buy them a drink and then get them to buy you one. :)

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Sesh

Cheers!

PM me an invite to the bachelor party. :)

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 11:46 AM
True. And no matter how gorgeous she is, it kinda ruins it when the first thing a girl says to you when she walks up to you in a bar is "Hey, buy me a drink". Sometimes they don't even phrase it like a request....My first impulse in that scenario is usually to respond "Why, are you gonna blow me?" I mean, it's just rude...ask me nicely, FFS...

I think the best option is to look as though you can't afford to buy them a drink and then get them to buy you one. :)

Actually, if I were really pissed, I'd find the most homely, loneliest girl (or one that just looked sad) in the bar and buy her a drink right in front of them, then give the bitch demanding alcohol the smuggest, dirtiest look I could muster --if I didn't laugh first--without saying a word...

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Actually the best technique is to find the bored girl who is out in a group of three with a couple.

Well at least it used be back in the Late Cambrian Period when I did that sort of thing...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 11:50 AM
I think there's a line for that situation actually--something like: "oh, I see we haven't graduated from fucking charm school yet."

But if they're empty-headed club girl bimbos with ADATS, it might go right over their heads...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Actually the best technique is to find the bored girl who is out in a group of three with a couple.

Well at least it used be back in the Late Cambrian Period when I did that sort of thing...

I don't do this thing very often, at least not lately, but yeah. That works. So does entering a group of three or more girls and ignoring the one you're actually interested in until you get in good with her friends...

jhale667
04-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Actually, if I were really pissed, I'd find the most homely, loneliest girl (or one that just looked sad) in the bar and buy her a drink right in front of them, then give the bitch demanding alcohol the smuggest, dirtiest look I could muster --if I didn't laugh first--without saying a word...

Definitely a viable option there. :baaa:

Igosplut
04-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Definitely a viable option there. :baaa:

Most save that for last call.....:)

jhale667
04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Most save that for last call.....:)

Last call is usually when you get really blunt...like my favorite line:

http://www.profilebrand.com/graphics/category/flirty/4034_nice-shoes.gif

:lol:

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Great advice in this thread. Can't imagine why all these guys are single.

Sensible Shoes
04-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Nobody's going to buy a drink for a neurotic ball of psychosis who inevitably is going to blame the guy for everything that's gone wrong
with their lives. Especially someone who's just looking for a reason to verbally castrate the guy due to some past issues that are completely unrelated to the guy.

love,
tns

Ah this would explain why I"m sober so often

hideyoursheep
04-22-2010, 02:20 PM
I also find it sort of offensive when little girls, that I've never met or talked too before in a bar, basically ask you to buy them drinks because that's what they think men are supposed to do...

The "drink hustlers"! God I hate that. I had the worst experience with a few of those back around '95, back when I was still "Party Boy"...:hee:

There were a couple girls I knew that frequented this "club" and talked me into meeting them there one saturday night. I hate "clubs" to begin with.

Anyway, I go in, I meet those 2 at the door, we separate, and I'm sitting at the bar....alone.

Then these 2 girls walk up and ASK ME for a drink. I thought they might know the people that invited me to come, so I figured I'd be polite...for now. I pull out some bills from my front pocket and ask the bartender over to take their order, and one of these cunts SNATCHES ALL THE MONEY OUT OF MY HAND, and dart toward the ladies room through the crowd! The figured they were home free in the ladies room, but they forgot that it was MY MONEY they ran off with. I shot out of my seat and went right in after them. I get in, and see the 2 of them counting my money in front of the bathroom sink together. The bright lights of the bathroom confirmed that these 2 weren't that hot to begin with, which infuriated me even further. As soon as they see me, their eyes get HUGE, and I say "WTF is wrong with you?" I snatch my cash back out of their hands, and feel 2 hands on my right arm....I knew it was security, and I don't want to go to jail that night, so I sort of don't resist...I had my cash. I told him I would be more than happy to leave. We walked to the door together, me and the 2 bouncers, and I explain to them what just happened and why I went in the womens' room.

hideyoursheep
04-22-2010, 02:25 PM
They asked if I would like to get the police involved, but being I was pretty much hammered myself, and that I recovered all my money already, I passed.

But yeah, fuck the Drink Hustlers.

(is there a character limit now?)

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 02:26 PM
I love that story.

kwame k
04-22-2010, 02:44 PM
(is there a character limit now?)

Can't be a character limit.....Gar and Ace can still post here :)

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 02:44 PM
That is a good story. I never had anything like that happen to me directly, but have seen girls sweep up a bartender's tip money a couple of times...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Ah this would explain why I"m sober so often

LOL Stop. You're not like that...

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I dunno I think she's sometimes sober at the start of the week... :)

Sensible Shoes
04-22-2010, 06:02 PM
I dunno I think she's sometimes sober at the start of the week... :)

Yes, but it's Thursday thank God.

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm about to crack myself... :)

conmee
04-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

I've NEVER©®™ bought a woman a drink or smokes... Are you KIDDING ME©®™? Look, why nickel and dime your way around the endgame when results at $5-$15 per drink are dubious at best. If you got BANK©®™, then just go straight to the WHORES©®™ and get your money's worth. Seriously, did anyone every marry the SLUT©®™ in the bar that asked for a drink or smokes? Of course not.

WHORES©®™ are given a bad RAP©®™, but seriously, it's all WHORING©®™ at one level of economy or another. I've paid less for WHORES©®™ than most men pay in drinks, smokes, alimony, child support, legal fees and I am certain I got more ACTION©®™ and less HASSLE©®™ for my money. And I never got kicked out of MY OWN BED©®™ and told to sleep on the goddam COUCH©®™!

P.S. Blame it ALL©®™ on Sesh©®™ (Godless minion) and my EX©®™ for my current reckless and lawless and godless lifestyle...

That is all.

Icon©®™

hambon4lif
04-22-2010, 08:28 PM
I've NEVER©®™ bought a woman a drink or smokes... Are you KIDDING ME©®™? Look, why nickel and dime your way around the endgame when results at $5-$15 per drink are dubious at best.I've thought about the same thing, and this is why I've personally decided to start patronizing the same kind of dives that thome goes to.

Mathematically and economically, it just seems to make more sense, because apparently at these places I could get 3 pieces of ass for less than 20 bucks!

Northern Girl
04-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Where does one find a man WHORE©®™ ? :biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-22-2010, 08:50 PM

dan is in new zealand, i believe.:baaa:

i know, i know. how rude:biggrin:

thome
04-22-2010, 09:14 PM
I've thought about the same thing, and this is why I've personally decided to start patronizing the same kind of dives that thome goes to.

Mathematically and economically, it just seems to make more sense, because apparently at these places I could get 3 pieces of ass for less than 20 bucks!

The first round is on me .

The only bad thing is these dives have been sold the new internet juke box, endless tunes, but three tunes cost more than a beer and that is BS.

Give me some old time with actual cds..(old?)...and 10 for a $. That is some booze, value added customer service.

P.S. Bang the old broad at the end of the bar you know the sexy 50 year old.................... the road whores in thier thirties are t-r-o-u-b-l-e.

thome
04-22-2010, 09:20 PM

i just sent you a drink,*....leans over bar and waves, to thirsty girl...*
If my orange skin spray and the pink izod popped collar and these sexy white rimmed raybans don't get your attention...I know that cheap vodka and 7-up will..lol

thome
04-22-2010, 09:35 PM

NG,
Let me take this quote of yours and remove the prequel..just read it as is....now for my response...

There are guys who want girl tipsy before they can talk to them..you know the deal.. guys who cannot relate unless they have the advantage...DoucheBags©®™ <(stolen icon cr thingie) and other nafarious types.

If I and many guys sent you a drink .. see your good if it makes you happy line above..I am in a good mood and have sent the lady a drink..( a good bartender will ask if you want it now or a marker to collect it when you are ready it doesn't have to be slammed immediatley, or you can politely decline, no harm, no foul).

Then think the last part of your sentence...If you are thinking something else...I am just sending a drink, then it is up to you to decide if there is any worry tagged to it.. can you dig.. sometimes a drink is just a drink.

EDIT: There is nothing wrong or out of date with sending a woman or anyone a drink it is only good manners. Sh!t costs money and stuff. Maybe next week they will buy me one or not, it is like the wind......

Hardrock69
04-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Congratulations just kidding.

I hope this isn't just because your new crowd have a no sex before marriage rule though.

"New Crowd"?

That is his old crowd's rule. They have no rules against looking at young girls' white panties while eating fried banana & peanut butter sammiches though. :lol:

Hardrock69
04-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Yeah. I see it all the time. And it's not just "shy guys that can't talk to women" that do it. It's often the "playa'" using it as an excuse to cling on to someone. Personally, I find it a bit boorish and filled with a lot of negative connotations. I also find it sort of offensive when little girls, that I've never met or talked too before in a bar, basically ask you to buy them drinks because that's what they think men are supposed to do...

I have made younger chicks pissed off before because they would come up to me at the bar and say something along the lines of "So...are you gonna buy me a drink?", to which I would laugh at them go "No, what made you think I was supposed to?" :lol: