• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

It's Abortion Time #14

Rooters (LA) -

Van Hagar's new track, 'It's Abortion Time' arrives at #14 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart this week. Tracks from such legendary bands as Nickelback, Linkin Park, and Jet. are still above the aging rockers on the chart, but that doesn't seem to worry Van Hagar, or their label. A Warner Brother's rep we talked to via phone had this to say. "Yes, it's not as strong as Without You (off VHIII), which debuted at #1, but we're hopeful that those knobs at the VH Links will call every rock station in the US multiple times demanding to hear the song. We have high hopes, no pun intended."

Van Hagar's cash in..I mean, greatest hits package, 'Best of Both Turds', arrives in stores June 22nd. The 36 song set features three new recordings by Van Hagar, 'It's Abortion Time', 'Learning to Pee', and 'Up For The Buffet Line'. It'll be available for the low price of $51.50, which will help Eddie Van Halen, lead guitarist of the group, pay for a recent law suit by ex-Van Halen leader David Lee Roth, claiming unpaid royaltees. Roth, who was recently spotted in the Hamptons partying with some Hollywood elite, had this to say about the recent song, tour, and hits package, "The last time I talked to Ed, he said that he was too washed up to do a tour with yours truly, that he was going to go out with Hagar because he wanted to be on stage with somebody who looked and acted older than he does. If you'll excuse me, I have to go fuck these two delicious babes hanging all over me. Ahhhhh, the good life."
    Last edited by Warham; 06-03-2004, 02:41 PM.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

A Warner Brother's rep we talked to via phone had this to say. "Yes, it's not as strong as Without You (off VHIII)

If that's not the kiss of death right there, then I don't know what is?

Eddie? Your RECORD LABEL just said this song was weaker than VDIII, you fucking drunken idiot!!! Yeah, what a great thing the Van Hagar respamification turned out to be, huh?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Comment

• tobinentinc
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2004

funny post hehe
        http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

I thought it was funny. Oh well. I try.

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            A Warner Brother's rep we talked to via phone had this to say. "Yes, it's not as strong as Without You (off VHIII)

If that's not the kiss of death right there, then I don't know what is?

Eddie? Your RECORD LABEL just said this song was weaker than VDIII, you fucking drunken idiot!!! Yeah, what a great thing the Van Hagar respamification turned out to be, huh?
            Sad indeed, but Ed god bless 'im just keeps on rockin' out with a blue toy poodle on his head.
            Is this a train wreck?

Comment

• dysfunction
              Head Fluffer
              • Jun 2004

I never thought Van Halen was a band that was worried about getting on the charts. They did not care too much when they had DLR. Did they have more than three or four songs that even made the fuckin charts during his period with the band?

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by dysfunction
                I never thought Van Halen was a band that was worried about getting on the charts. They did not care too much when they had DLR. Did they have more than three or four songs that even made the fuckin charts during his period with the band?
                VH1 didnt have a top 20 hit, yet sold 10 million plus..............Real VH put the music first..........period.

Comment

• dysfunction
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                  VH1 didnt have a top 20 hit, yet sold 10 million plus..............Real VH put the music first..........period.
                  You just made my point for me. It's About Time is not a song that will be "successful" in the public's eyes because the public listens to shit pop or rap music. The song is intended to reach Van Halen fans not the general public.

Comment

• rustoffa
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dysfunction
                    You just made my point for me. It's About Time is not a song that will be "successful" in the public's eyes because the public listens to shit pop or rap music. The song is intended to reach Van Halen fans not the general public.
                    Well how in the motherfuck did it reach you bro?

Comment

• dysfunction
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                      Well how in the motherfuck did it reach you bro?
                      Well the first thing I had going for me is that I didn't say the song sucked 2 fuckin months before I heard it, which is common for Roth fans to do.

Personally I think the tune(excluding the singing so you don't fucking kill me) sounds like Classic Van Halen.

No I don't think it is the greatest song they have ever done but it is nowhere near the worst.

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

How many say I, Dreams and Its about time are the worst Van Hagar songs. Followed closely by LOVE walks in, WCTB LOVE, How do I know when its LOVE and Cant Stop LOVING you...
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

And we havent heard the other two yet...
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Dysfunction,time to wake up and smell the coffee.Please read this is A David Lee Roth Site ASSHOLE,fuck off Spammy lover.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• dysfunction
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                              How many say I, Dreams and Its about time are the worst Van Hagar songs. Followed closely by LOVE walks in, WCTB LOVE, How do I know when its LOVE and Cant Stop LOVING you...
                              First of all How Many Say I was off of III shithead, but it is the worst song by any band ever. Second of all, don't fuckin tell me you like I'll Wait because that is a fuckin slow song too.

Comment

Working...