PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees to be on the cover of Madden NFL '11

KTC5150
04-22-2010, 04:41 PM
I hope you guys don't go pickin' Brees for your fantasy drafts this year... you all know about the Madden Curse, I hope!
http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/04/22/news-drew-brees-selected-for-madden-nfl-11-cover.aspx

hambon4lif
04-22-2010, 06:09 PM
I wasn't aware of the 'Madden curse'. That's news to me.

I do know there's a 'Sports Illustrated curse', where if they put you or your team on the cover, they end up taking a total shit the following week.
That curse has been proven to be very real!

PETE'S BROTHER
04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
I wasn't aware of the 'Madden curse'. That's news to me.

!

really? must be one big "rockford" you been livin' under.:biggrin:

j/k couldn't pass it up.:baaa:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-22-2010, 06:16 PM
i guess fitz from last year is really the exception to the rule/curse

MAX
04-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Yup, a trend started in 1999, when Barry Sanders became the first player on the cover. A week before training camp began, however, he just up and retired, leaving some rather large shoes to fill for the Detroit Lions' offense.

It doesn't stop there, obviously: Daunte Culpepper suffered a season-ending knee injury after his team only managed a 4-7 record; Terrell Davis tore his ACL, missed the rest of the season and never returned to greatness; Marshall Faulk picked up an ankle injury during an overall down season and was never able to eclipse his 1,000 yards rushing mark in any following season; Ray Lewis was unable to score a single interception in the season for the first time in his career, was injured at the end of the season and then again in the following; Donovan McNabb was injured in the first game of the season, but decided to play through the pain of his sports hernia, only opting to have season-ending surgery after he re-injured his groin.

ODShowtime
06-01-2010, 06:43 AM
Most recent example - Troy. Plays superhuman for 2 quarters before getting hurt. We get him for 1 1/2 more games in the season, and lose multiple shit games because of a poor secondary and miss the playoffs by one game. That's the curse in a nutshell. Have fun New Orleans!

redblkwht
06-03-2010, 03:25 AM
Lets hope the Madden curse is BS..I like watching this team, fun to watch like air coryell days..